Options

Neil and Tim Finn

Comments

• Options
    mariposamariposa Posts: 2,523
    I have the 7 Worlds Collide dvd, the question is...can anyone recommend another good Finn. Bros. or Crowded House music dvd?

If there are other dvd's out there that is?
    "All the strength that you might think would disappear, resolving..."
  • Options
    mariposa wrote:
    I have the 7 Worlds Collide dvd, the question is...can anyone recommend another good Finn. Bros. or Crowded House music dvd?

If there are other dvd's out there that is?
    sessions at west 54th - http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000054OW4/qid=1133852128/sr=1-2/ref=sr_1_2/104-9077216-0911905?s=dvd&v=glance&n=130

beautiful performance by neil :)
  • Options

Thanks Chiqui, the setlist looks great! I'll probably buy that dvd :)
  • Options
    MeddleDealMeddleDeal Posts: 2,547

yeah I was JUST about to recommend that...I haven't watched it yet, me and VEDHEAD have a lot of films/documentaries/music dvds to watch on our NetFlixs :o
    ø~ø~ø~ø~ø~ø~ø~ø~ø~ø~ø~ø~ø~
    ~*STONEY PONY all the WAY!*~
    ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~~*~*~
    "For the world, not for the war"-Neil Finn
  • Options
    MeddleDeal wrote:
    yeah I was JUST about to recommend that...I haven't watched it yet, me and VEDHEAD have a lot of films/documentaries/music dvds to watch on our NetFlixs :o
    oh i got that one, watched some of it late last nite actually! you're welcome to borrow it if ya want, i'm cheaper than netflix haha
  • Options
    EnkiduEnkidu So Cal Posts: 2,996
    I just found this thread, I'm in heaven. The Finns were in LA last fall (?) I think for 2 nights and I couldn't go to either show, it killed me.
    It amazes me how many people have never heard of them. And I say "Don't Dream It's Over" and they go, oh yeah. And you hear their music on the radio or like in Starbucks all the time.
    They're so great.
    ("She Will Have Her Way" just came on my shuffle playlist...)
    Love the Finns.
  • Options
    with all of this talk of Neil on other music and the porch i had to get out my 7 worlds collide cd,

i love it its one of my favorite live albums, i remeber i just bought when it first came out because eddie was on it , but then i soon realized how great Neil is and now i love all of his music!!

i love Take a Walk , Stuff and nonsesnse, Paper doll, and neil does a great acoustic version of Dont Dream its Over
    "I Will Scream my Lungs out 'til it fills this Room "

" I Will Feel Alive as Long as I am Free"

"Are We Getting SomeThing Out Of this All Encompassing Trip? Makes Much More Sense To Live In The Present Tense"

www.myspace.com/ehoff12982
  • Options
    Enkidu wrote:
    I just found this thread, I'm in heaven. The Finns were in LA last fall (?) I think for 2 nights and I couldn't go to either show, it killed me.
    It amazes me how many people have never heard of them. And I say "Don't Dream It's Over" and they go, oh yeah. And you hear their music on the radio or like in Starbucks all the time.
    They're so great.
    ("She Will Have Her Way" just came on my shuffle playlist...)
    Love the Finns.
    it's great to see fellow PJ fans who have such love for the finns as well! lots of people only know neil by his crowded house work, or both him and tim by the split enz stuff. neil is such an underrated songwriter/singer, he is truly a gem. i've been lucky enough to see him a few times, and hope to see him again! i saw him with tim last year, their chemistry is so cool to see and hear.

PJaddiction, yeah that album is awesome, one of my faves as well. the dvd is great, i'll pop it in every so often when i need a neil/ed fix :D
  • Options
    OmaramaOmarama Posts: 267
    yeah the Datsuns are great as well but i haven't seem them live yet.
    i've heard a snippet of she will have her way.i heard fall at your feet and thought it was good but not excellent haven't heard anymore of it sorry.
    Monty Got a Raw Deal

" makes much more sense to live in the present tense "
  • Options
    gabersgabers Posts: 2,787
    Has anyone heard anything from Lisa Germano? I thought her backup vocals and instrumentation were beautiful on the "7 worlds" cd. I read somewhere that she played violin for John Mellencamp in the late 80's. At first she just seemed so out of place with Eddie, the Finn brothers, Phil Selway and Ed O'Brien, and Johnny Marr, but man, she kicked it in the ass. Does she have any cd's worth getting?
  • Options
    I know...I think she is one very talented musician.

<~~~listening to "Paper Doll"

I would not know what album to check out from her, but I am also interested. I know there is a mini site on http://www.4ad.com her record label. I am sure she is on there. :)
    ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~~*~*~
  • Options
    BUMP for the Finn Brothers, listened to some of their stuff from their recent album and I absolutely LOVE it!!!:)

I like their lyrics, songs about love and life, and very honest how this world can be

I have a question, what song does it have the lyrics to 'seven worlds collide'? i know it was one of the songs. Can anyone help me out?!
    ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~~*~*~
  • Options
    MeddleDeal wrote:
    BUMP for the Finn Brothers, listened to some of their stuff from their recent album and I absolutely LOVE it!!!:)

I like their lyrics, songs about love and life, and very honest how this world can be

I have a question, what song does it have the lyrics to 'seven worlds collide'? i know it was one of the songs. Can anyone help me out?!

Yay, the Finn Bros. thread is back!!!

The song is called Distant Sun. :) Great song.
  • Options
    Distant Sun
    Crowded House

Tell me all the things you would change
    I don't pretend to know what you want
    when you come around and spin my top
    time and again, time and again
    No fire where I lit my spark
    I am not afraid of the dark
    Where your words devour my heart
    and put me to shame, put me to shame

When your seven worlds collide
    whenever I'm by your side
    the dust from a distant sun
    will shower over everyone

Still so young to travel so far
    old enough to know who you are
    wise enogh to carry the scars
    without any blame, there's no one to blame

It's easy to forget what you learned
    waiting for the thrill to return
    feeling your desire burn
    and drawn to the flame

And I'm lying on the table
    washed out in a flood
    like a Christian fearing vengeance from above
    I don't pretend to know what you want
    but I offer love

Seven worlds will collide
    whenever I'm by your side

:)
  • Options
    thank U mariposa for posting that song. Distant Sun, that is one lovely song. I remember downloading it on my friend's computer.:)
    ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~~*~*~
  • Options
    MeddleDeal wrote:
    thank U mariposa for posting that song. Distant Sun, that is one lovely song. I remember downloading it on my friend's computer.:)

You're very welcome!

'Together Alone' is one of their best albums, well one of my favourites from them at least. 'Private Universe' is another lovely song.

I really love their new record as well. And you said it best when you said that their are lyrics are very honest about love and life and how this world can be.

Oh how true.
  • Options
    OmaramaOmarama Posts: 267
    a new zealand artist called brooke fraser did '7 worlds colide' on she will have her way(i think) .she is one of new zealands best female vocallists and did an amazing version of this song.
    Monty Got a Raw Deal

" makes much more sense to live in the present tense "
  • Options
    veddermanvedderman Posts: 799
    Can someone do a copy of 7 worlds collide DVD for me?
    2000 Ljubljana
    2006 Vienna, Zagreb
    2007 Munich
    2009 Berlin
    2010 Dublin, Belfast, Berlin, Venice
    2011 Montreal, Toronto 1&2
    2012 Manchester 1&2, Amsterdam 1&2, Prague, Berlin 1&2, EV Manchester
    2013 Worcester 1&2, Brooklyn 1&2
    2014 Amsterdam 1&2, Manchester 1&2, Milano, Trieste, Vienna, Berlin
    2017 EV Firenze, Taormina 1&2
    2018 Amsterdam 1&2, Padova, Prague, Krakow, Berlin
    2019 EV Firenze
  • Options
    Hey vedderman, if I had it, I would burn it for you. Can anyone help him out?!

I have been listening to a lot of The Finn brothers (crowded house, 7 World's Collide, etc.) been going through a rough period in my life over the past few days, and their music is really helping me a lot. :) Music is truly beautiful, can help you during the roughest times in your life. The Finn Brothers write songs about love, life, and reality, and I greatly am inspired by them each and everyday. Their music, Pearl jam, and Kristin Hersh(throwing muses) are the best and very comforting.

I have almost downloaded their last album, and I really dig it!! "Nothing's Wrong With You" is a great track. I hope they tour again here soon!!! :D
    ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~~*~*~
  • Options
    sj_2150sj_2150 Posts: 275
    great musicians
    I wish my grass was emo... so then it would cut itself
    http://www.soundclick.com/Arcticangel
    http://www.soundclick.com/Armadillo
  • Options
    mtbr03mtbr03 Posts: 41
    Neil Finn is the greatest. The second concert I ever went to in my life was Crowded House at the Riviera in Chicago...such a memory. It wasn't even the best Neil concert I ever saw...thats reserved for July 2002 at the Showbox with our own EV....HISTORY NEVER REPEATS...what a great night. Does anyone by chance have a recording of that show? The exact date was 7/9/02. Here's to more Neil Finn/Eddie collaborations in the future...if Split Enz makes it to the Showbox you know where I will be.
  • Options
    Both awesome musicians. I just love 7 Worlds Collide dvd, especially Stuff and Nonsense, it's just beautiful.

I'm looking forward to seeing Split Enz in June in Melbourne.
  • Options
    a LONG overdue BUMP for the FINN BROTHERS :D
    ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~~*~*~
  • Options
    So uhhh...I have this video (VHS maybe) of Tim (I think...not sure) playing with the Wiggles! My daughter loves/d them and we've got atleast 5 videos of theirs. From what I remember it was a great song!! I can recall watching it over and over and over and over and...
    Well if any of you have kids I'm sure you know what I mean.

I'll give it up for these two no problem!
    Tell the captain 'This boats not safe and we're drowning.'
    Turns out he's the one making waves
  • Options
    gabersgabers Posts: 2,787
    My firewall doesn't allow me to view these videos. I'll have to wait until I get home tonight. May I just say though that from the new Finn Brothers album, I absolutely love "Disembodied Voices". For me, it just doesn't get much better. Such a beautiful song.
  • Options
    yenraekyenraek Posts: 21
    Niel Finn is the mick jagger of new zealand music
    A wave came crashing like a fist to the jaw
    Delivered him wings, "Hey, look at me now

MY BAND!
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nBbxAIop_HY

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0a1Ay1BUXXQ&amp;search=stiletto%20

jay_2_the_kay@hotmail.com
  • Options
    releaseNYreleaseNY In my private universe Posts: 153
    oh my god. i was with jackie j at some of those shows! you can hear me going "woooooooooo" in some of them! (well, *i* can tell it's me, anyway!).

MTMG is my favorite song in the whole wide world.
    you paid to get in, you're free to leave.
  • Options
    anyone else thinks the PJ song Army Reserve sounds like Paradise?
    ~It is better to be hated for who you are than loved for who you are not - ?~

~You laugh because I am different, I laugh because you are all the fucking same -?~

~Education is the most powerfull weapon you can use to change the world - Nelson Mandela~