Tragically Hip ...

Comments

• direwolf74direwolf74 Posts: 1,622
    locked wrote:
    I'm gonna start going to Nickelback shows..at least THEY appreciate their US fans...

Good lord man, that's wrong on so many levels I don't even know where to begin! Don't worry. The Hip often spend more time in the States than they do in Canada, and I'm quite certain that a full U.S. tour is most likely in the works for early spring '07. If you don't wanna wait that long, you could always take a trip up north and see the boys on their home soil. It's not as great as seeing them up close and personal in a small club in Boston, but at least you'll be able to get your Hip fix until the U.S. tour is announced.

Some more bad news for our American friends-- apparently the album won't be released in the U.S. until 2007. If that's indeed the case, then there are still plenty of options. The following online retailers will ship to the U.S., so you guys shouldn't have any problem getting the album delivered on or near Oct. 17th:

http://www.maplemusic.com
    http://www.amazon.ca
    http://www.mymusic.com
    "I try my best to chug, stomp, weep, whisper, moan, wheeze, scat, blurt, rage, whine, and seduce. With my voice I can sound like a girl, the boogieman, a Theremin, a cherry bomb, a clown, a doctor, a murderer. I can be tribal. Ironic. Or disturbed. My voice is really my instrument."

-Tom Waits
  • The Hip rock. I like their new song...

For people who have not heard seen the Hip:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZD0lU3Y4pH4
  • mariposamariposa Posts: 2,523
    Alright guys....it's Monday and they finally announced the Fall Tour details. Hopefully I'll see some of you guys at the Toronto shows. :D

Hello folks,

Here is the excitng news. To celebrate the release of the new album, World Container, we are going to be playing rare, multiple-night club shows this fall in Toronto, Calgary, Vancouver and Montreal.

Starting Tuesday September 26 at 10:00am (local times) Registered Users of http://www.thehip.com will be eligible to purchase from a limited supply of "First In Line" tickets.

Toronto: Phoenix Concert Theatre
    $59.50 - GA standing - 19+ show

Sunday October 22
    Monday October 23
    Wednesday October 25
    Thursday October 26

thehip.com 'First In Line' pre-sale for registered users:
    Tuesday September 26th at 10:00am (est).
    Limit 2 tickets per person (per show)

Public Onsale: Friday September 29TH at 10:00am (est)
    Tickets: (INCL. GST) $59.50 + s/c
    Available at all Ticketmaster Outlets, Rotate This or Charge-by-phone 416-870-8000 To Order on-line http://www.ticketmaster.ca or http://www.hob.ca

GENERAL ADMISSION : 19+
    LIMIT OF 2 TICKETS PER PERSON (per show)

Calgary: MacEwan Hall
    $59.50 - GA standing – all ages

Saturday October 28
    Sunday October 29
    Monday October 30
    Wednesday November 1

Tuesday September 26th at 10:00am (mtn).
    Limit 4 tickets per person (per show)

Public Onsale: Friday September 29 at 10:00am (mtn)
    Tickets: (INCL. GST) $59.50 + s/c
    Available at all Ticketmaster Outlets, Rotate This or Charge-by-phone 403-777-0000 Order on-line http://www.ticketmaster.ca or http://www.hob.ca

GENERAL ADMISSION all ages
    LIMIT OF 4 TICKETS PER PERSON (per show)

Vancouver: Commodore Ballroom
    $59.50 - GA standing - 19+ show

Friday November 3
    Saturday November 4
    Monday November 6
    Tuesday November 7

Tuesday September 26 at 10:00am (pac).

Public Onsale: Friday September 29th at 10:00am (pac)
    Tickets: $59.50 (INCL. GST) + s/c + f/f
    Available at all Ticketmaster Outlets, Rotate This or Charge-by-phone 604-280-4444 Order on-line http://www.ticketmaster.ca or http://www.hob.ca

GENERAL ADMISSION : 19+
    LIMIT OF 2 TICKETS PER PERSON (per show)

Montreal : Metropolis
    $59.50 - GA standing - all ages show

Thursday November 9
    Friday November 10
    Saturday November 11

Tuesday September 26th at 10:00am (est).

Public Onsale: Friday September 29th at 12:00pm
    Tickets: $59.50 + service charges
    Available at the Spectrum Box Office and at all Ticketpro outlets
    Charge by phone: (514) 908-9090 or 1 866 908-9090
    Order on-line http://www.ticketpro.ca and http://www.geg.ca

Limit: 4 tickets per person (per show)

If you are not a Registered User, sign up soon, as it takes up to 24 hours to process new sign-ups.

How it works is, log onto http://www.thehip.com at the designated pre-sale times for each city on Tuesday September 26th and registered users will see the link and password for each show.

The Hip
    "All the strength that you might think would disappear, resolving..."
  • bharQbharQ Posts: 1,201
    holy crap!! they are playing 4 nights at mac hall.. !@#

really hope I get tickets to one of those nights
    09/04/05 - Calgary, AB
    08/02/07 - LOLLA!!!
    So how did everybody do?? I managed to score 4 tickets for the Calgary show on the 29th. Man did those ever go fast. For those who didn't get tix, remeber this was was only the pre-sale. You still have a crack at the public on-sale on Friday morning. Good luck!
    "I try my best to chug, stomp, weep, whisper, moan, wheeze, scat, blurt, rage, whine, and seduce. With my voice I can sound like a girl, the boogieman, a Theremin, a cherry bomb, a clown, a doctor, a murderer. I can be tribal. Ironic. Or disturbed. My voice is really my instrument."

-Tom Waits
  • T.O. second night................WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
    There's no I in team, but there's me.

"0035 EVENFLOW PSYCHOS

"I'm George Bush and my son's an asshole" 08/03/2000

Don't stop wen you're tired, stop when you're done
  • Massey Hall would have been much better for Toronto. It's going to suck at the Phoenix.

see you there though.
    One is too many and a thousand never enough
  • draper wrote:
    Massey Hall would have been much better for Toronto. It's going to suck at the Phoenix.

see you there though.

The Hip could play in an out house and would be awesome!!!
    There's no I in team, but there's me.

"0035 EVENFLOW PSYCHOS

"I'm George Bush and my son's an asshole" 08/03/2000

Don't stop wen you're tired, stop when you're done
  • I got through for some Calgary tickets -- 2 for the Sunday show and 4 for the Wednesday show. Anyone else not get through until about 10:30 rather than right at 10????
  • lockedlocked Posts: 4,038
    "Some more bad news for our American friends-- apparently the album won't be released in the U.S. until 2007"

For this Canadian tour, I hope that the Hip play nothing but extended versions of :
    "Flamenco" ;
    "Escape is at Hand";
    "Throwing Off Glass" and
    "A Beautiful Thing"

along with undermiked Gord rants that only the roadies beneath the subfloors of the stage can understand..

Meanwhile, Robby will break a guitar string very fourth note and Gord Sinclair will suffer a major cervical strain from his constant head-banding antics and have to be replaced by one of Sarah McCloughlin's back-up singers on bass...

At that very same moment, Johnny Fay will annouce to the crowd that he has undergone a progessive surgical hairweave over the past three years, and can no longer play drums while the implants take hold...
    The band immediately decides to utlize the drum machine previously used on "Sharks" for every song performed on the Canadian tour.

Paul will suddenly decide that he no longer likes the tatste of Harp Irish Lager and switch to drinking Coors light cans onstage....

{Whew! that felt better!}

Lucky canadian bastards!!!
    "This here's a REQUEST!"
    EV intro to Chloe Dancer / Crown of Thorns
    10/25/13 Hartford
  • mariposamariposa Posts: 2,523
    For those who got locked out of tickets last Tuesday, which included me (damn work!)....

Public Onsale: Friday September 29th at 12:00pm
    Tickets: $59.50 + service charges
    Available at the Spectrum Box Office and at all Ticketpro outlets
    Charge by phone: (514) 908-9090 or 1 866 908-9090
    Order on-line http://www.ticketpro.ca and http://www.geg.ca

Limit: 4 tickets per person (per show)
    "All the strength that you might think would disappear, resolving..."
    in the states you guys ALWAYS get club shows though.. so i dont feel so bad :P
    09/04/05 - Calgary, AB
    08/02/07 - LOLLA!!!
  • lockedlocked Posts: 4,038
    bharQ wrote:
    in the states you guys ALWAYS get club shows though.. so i dont feel so bad :P

good point!
    "This here's a REQUEST!"
    EV intro to Chloe Dancer / Crown of Thorns
    10/25/13 Hartford
    i did enjoy seeing them in the states at sasquatch festival.. a mixture of pyschopatic crazy yelling people (myself included) and people not really sure why they had never heard of the hip before :)

such an intense performance.. right after the hailstorm, it was great
    09/04/05 - Calgary, AB
    08/02/07 - LOLLA!!!
    bharQ wrote:
    i did enjoy seeing them in the states at sasquatch festival.. a mixture of pyschopatic crazy yelling people (myself included) and people not really sure why they had never heard of the hip before :)

such an intense performance.. right after the hailstorm, it was great

I was there too! What an incredible performance by the boys. I think my jaw hit the ground during Grace, Too, and pretty much stayed there for the rest of the show. They really blew me away on that day. It's too bad the organizers cut their set in half and they only got to play 8 songs, but man, what a powerful set! In between songs I was chatting briefly with a girl from Seattle who said, and I quote: "holy shit, these guys are amazing. Why have I never heard of them!" It was great. After they played she took out a notepad from her backpack and asked me to name a bunch of Hip albums that she should own and she wrote 'em all down. It's always cool to see the Hip gaining new fans, and I love looking at their reactions the first time they see Gordie on stage. It's priceless.

-Tom Waits
  • HawkshoreHawkshore Posts: 2,152
    I've got my tickets for night one at the Commodore in Vancouver........Fuck YEAH!!!!!!!!!!! Should be an amazing show in a venue that intimate.
    Van 92.07.21 / Van 98.07.19 / Sea 98.07.22 / Tor 98.08.22 / Sea 00.11.06 / Van 03.05.30/ Van 05.09.02/ Gorge 06.07.22 & 23 / EV Van 08.04.02 / Tor 09.08.21 / Sea 09.09.21 & 22 / Van 09.09.25 / Van 11.09.25 / Van 13.12.04 / Pem 16.07.17 / Sea 18.08.10
  • wow! did you know that ticketmaster can detect if you're searching for tickets in multiple windows??

i had all 4 toronto shows open on my screen.... i didn't care which night i went to.... i got two tickets in my basket for Tursday's show... and as soon as i tried to refresh one of the other pages, it told me i was using multiple windows, and kicked me out of the whole thing!! :eek: :(

man, you learn new things every day.... :rolleyes:
    ~~*~~ ...i surfaced and all of my being was enlightend... ~~*~~
  • wow! did you know that ticketmaster can detect if you're searching for tickets in multiple windows??

i had all 4 toronto shows open on my screen.... i didn't care which night i went to.... i got two tickets in my basket for Tursday's show... and as soon as i tried to refresh one of the other pages, it told me i was using multiple windows, and kicked me out of the whole thing!! :eek: :(

man, you learn new things every day.... :rolleyes:

That isn't necessarily a bad thing.....but were you using the same "screenname"?? That's probably how they knew.........
    Cheers,
    NEWAGEHIPPIE

Keep your eyes open, eventually something will happen....
  • That isn't necessarily a bad thing.....but were you using the same "screenname"?? That's probably how they knew.........

nope, i wasn't logged in.... that's the creepy part! :eek:
    ~~*~~ ...i surfaced and all of my being was enlightend... ~~*~~
    *bump*

Just wanna keep this thread alive. Only 15 more sleeps until the new album!!!

-Tom Waits
  • direwolf74 wrote:
    *bump*

Just wanna keep this thread alive. Only 15 more sleeps until the new album!!!

"hard to imagine" ;)

...have you seen the TSN ads for pre-season hockey, mostly featuring the leafs, with fifty mission cap as the tune? pretty sweet :)
  • Man...tried to get tickets but no luck..went on early but sold out..If anyone has any extra tixs for Toronto let me know..
    thanks
    Master of Zen
    I managed to score tickets for saturday night in calgary!!!! WOOOOO HOOOOO
    09/04/05 - Calgary, AB
    08/02/07 - LOLLA!!!
  • GibsonGibson Posts: 2,633
    Going to 3 of the 4 Toronto shows. Love em everytime I have seen em. I think Im in the 30s or so with concerts for the Hip, but i can'tand won't get tired of them.

To stick with the original subject of the thread: "In Between Evolution" is making a strong case for fav album. Elsewise, gotta go with Henhouse. I think its their most underrated, but man...."Put it Off, Sherpa, 700ft
    Ceiling"...just great.
    1998: Barrie  2000: Toronto  2005: Kitchener, London, Hamilton, Toronto  2006: Toronto 1&2, Paris, Milan, Torino, Pistoia  2009: Calgary, Vancouver  2011: Canada  2013: London, Wrigley, Philly 1&2  2014: St. Louis, ACL 1, Detroit  2016: Lexington, Quebec, Ottawa, Toronto 1&2, Fenway 1&2, Wrigley 1&2  2017: EV - Louisville  2018: London 1&2, Milan, Padova, Rome, Prague, Krakow, Berlin, Wrigley 1&2, Fenway 1&2  2020: Toronto, Ottawa, Hamilton  2021: London 1&2  2022: Hamilton, Toronto  2023: Chicago 1&2, Noblesville  2024: Seattle 1&2, Noblesville, Wrigley 1&2

• MrGibbons wrote:
    Going to 3 of the 4 Toronto shows. Love em everytime I have seen em. I think Im in the 30s or so with concerts for the Hip, but i can'tand won't get tired of them.

To stick with the original subject of the thread: "In Between Evolution" is making a strong case for fav album. Elsewise, gotta go with Henhouse. I think its their most underrated, but man...."Put it Off, Sherpa, 700ft
    Ceiling"...just great.

...AND flamenco! :)

...always have to get the plug in for flamenco...;)
    ...AND flamenco! :)

...always have to get the plug in for flamenco...;)

"Maybe I'll go to New York. I'll drag you there. You said 'no one drags me anywhere.'"

I love that line.

-Tom Waits
  • ...one of the best, my friend...
    direwolf74 wrote:
    I was there too! What an incredible performance by the boys. I think my jaw hit the ground during Grace, Too, and pretty much stayed there for the rest of the show. They really blew me away on that day. It's too bad the organizers cut their set in half and they only got to play 8 songs, but man, what a powerful set! In between songs I was chatting briefly with a girl from Seattle who said, and I quote: "holy shit, these guys are amazing. Why have I never heard of them!" It was great. After they played she took out a notepad from her backpack and asked me to name a bunch of Hip albums that she should own and she wrote 'em all down. It's always cool to see the Hip gaining new fans, and I love looking at their reactions the first time they see Gordie on stage. It's priceless.

haha that's awesome.. we were pretty bummed Neko case only got 2 songs but the hip coming up was pretty damn exciting.. that entire saturday night lineup was great.. The Shins, Ben Harper, Flaming Lips.. I was freezing cold but maded to the end of the lips set!

Did you score tickets for any of the mac hall shows?
    09/04/05 - Calgary, AB
    08/02/07 - LOLLA!!!
    bharQ wrote:
    Did you score tickets for any of the mac hall shows?

Yeah, I managed to get 4 for the show on the 29th. I'm looking forward to it. Apparently there's no opening act. It's just the Hip for 2 1/2 hours. It's going to be amazing!

-Tom Waits
    direwolf74 wrote:
    Yeah, I managed to get 4 for the show on the 29th. I'm looking forward to it. Apparently there's no opening act. It's just the Hip for 2 1/2 hours. It's going to be amazing!

Really does the 28th have an opening act?
    09/04/05 - Calgary, AB
    08/02/07 - LOLLA!!!