Tragically Hip ...

Comments

• i have to say this feels weird...one of the first times i'm really into a hip CD at first listen! i think phantom power was the only other one...it usually takes me two or three listens to start letting it sink into my veins and then i'm addicted.

this one is GOOD! :D

HIP!
  • lockedlocked Posts: 4,038
    i have to say this feels weird...one of the first times i'm really into a hip CD at first listen! i think phantom power was the only other one...it usually takes me two or three listens to start letting it sink into my veins and then i'm addicted.

HIP!

Yeah, I especially like "the lonely end of the canadian border" and

"The kids dont get streaming audio at work"!

Those two lead the pack!

:)
    "This here's a REQUEST!"
    EV intro to Chloe Dancer / Crown of Thorns
    10/25/13 Hartford
  • locked wrote:
    Yeah, I especially like "the lonely end of the canadian border" and

"The kids dont get streaming audio at work"!

Those two lead the pack!

that's some funny stuff :D ...but still feel bad for ya locked :(
  • Yeah of what I've heard of the new album so far sounds really good...2 local stations in Ottawa have been playing stuff from the new album the last 2 days..I forget the name but track 9 from the album sounds amazing.
    Master of Zen
  • Sweet news...literally just got off the phone and bought 4 floor tickets for the Hip at the Metropolis club in Montreal in november..
    I'm stoked !!!
    Master of Zen
  • civ_eng_girlciv_eng_girl Posts: 2,001
    Fly!!! :)

"...there's Moonbeam, Ontari-ari-o..." :)

just gave the new album a listen.... love it!

The Drop Off!!! :eek: :eek: This one is going to ROCK live!!! :D

Luv(sic) was kinda catchy too! :)

Love the vocals on Yer Not the Ocean..... "...yer not the ocean!!! you're not comin' in..." *shivers* :D
    ~~*~~ ...i surfaced and all of my being was enlightend... ~~*~~
  • Yeah finally heard most of the new album at thehip.com and love it so far..
    looking forward to the show !

the drop off
    the kids don't get it
    lonely end of the rink
    luv (sic)

are the highlights for me so far
    Master of Zen
  • direwolf74direwolf74 Posts: 1,622
    "Family Band" is such an awesome tune. It might be my favorite on the new album so far.
    "I try my best to chug, stomp, weep, whisper, moan, wheeze, scat, blurt, rage, whine, and seduce. With my voice I can sound like a girl, the boogieman, a Theremin, a cherry bomb, a clown, a doctor, a murderer. I can be tribal. Ironic. Or disturbed. My voice is really my instrument."

-Tom Waits
  • Man....haven't been this excited for their album in a while..especially having tix for the Montreal show..last time I was this excited for music was for Pearl Jam and following up with the show in T.O.
    Sweet album...
    Master of Zen
  • ZanneZanne Posts: 899
    Are they gonna come south of the border this tour? I'm gonna have to start an **Official please play south of the border** petition hehe
    Just me
  • Zanne wrote:
    Are they gonna come south of the border this tour? I'm gonna have to start an **Official please play south of the border** petition hehe

The Hip play the US every time they tour. You make it sound like they only tour in Canada.
  • Todd76Todd76 Posts: 1,469
    so how many of you Hip fans have/are gonna have "In View" as your new truetone/ringtone......"phone rings once, phone rings twice......."
    In my world everyone is a pony,
    and they all eat rainbows and pooh butterflies!
    Hey gang! Here's a cool interview with Downie from Canoe.ca:

http://jam.canoe.ca/Music/Artists/T/Tragically_Hip/2006/10/13/2016073.html

And here's the first official review of the new album:

http://jam.canoe.ca/Music/Artists/T/Tragically_Hip/AlbumReviews/2006/10/11/2000655-sun.html
    "I try my best to chug, stomp, weep, whisper, moan, wheeze, scat, blurt, rage, whine, and seduce. With my voice I can sound like a girl, the boogieman, a Theremin, a cherry bomb, a clown, a doctor, a murderer. I can be tribal. Ironic. Or disturbed. My voice is really my instrument."

-Tom Waits
  • lockedlocked Posts: 4,038
    direwolf74 wrote:
    Hey gang! Here's a cool interview with Downie from Canoe.ca:

http://jam.canoe.ca/Music/Artists/T/Tragically_Hip/2006/10/13/2016073.html

And here's the first official review of the new album:

http://jam.canoe.ca/Music/Artists/T/Tragically_Hip/AlbumReviews/2006/10/11/2000655-sun.html

wow!
    Now I'm actually drueling ....(really)
    Thanks DW!
    "This here's a REQUEST!"
    EV intro to Chloe Dancer / Crown of Thorns
    10/25/13 Hartford
  • locked wrote:
    wow!
    Now I'm actually drueling ....(really)
    Thanks DW!

Yeah I just read those reviews as well...good read and gets me pumped for the show !..

Still a day later after really listening to the new album from their website, I'm still listening to it non-stop..Wow..I mean..haven't been this impressed with an album from them since Phantom Power..and I have them all and like them but this one is just soo friggin good...Music is progressive in this album but with some classic Downie vocals and just that kick ass feeling ! 28 days until I'm in Montreal seeing them live again!..My 15th time but first time in almost 5 years or so...
    Master of Zen
  • i have to say this feels weird...one of the first times i'm really into a hip CD at first listen! i think phantom power was the only other one...it usually takes me two or three listens to start letting it sink into my veins and then i'm addicted.

HIP!

I couldn't agree more with you. Fully Complety was he last album I couldn't get enough of right from the start. There really isn't an album I don't like but some took a long time to grow on me.
    There's no I in team, but there's me.

"0035 EVENFLOW PSYCHOS

"I'm George Bush and my son's an asshole" 08/03/2000

Don't stop wen you're tired, stop when you're done
  • reditalian wrote:
    I couldn't agree more with you. Fully Complety was he last album I couldn't get enough of right from the start. There really isn't an album I don't like but some took a long time to grow on me.

For me the other album I loved at first and still love to this day is "Road Apples"
    Master of Zen
    I just pre-ordered "World Container". Let's hope that the album name dictates how their tour will go. So far I only see Canadian venues. Come give Chicago some lovin'!

peace
    Just me
    The Hip play the US every time they tour. You make it sound like they only tour in Canada.

It's called humor, or humour, depending on where you are from.

peace ~/~
    Just me
  • Zanne wrote:

peace ~/~
    I get it !..lol....but really don't they don't always play US dates on tours..usually but not always..so hopefully for you they will !
    Glad you pre-prdered the cd...When is it out in the US by the way? I know here it's out next tuesday...
    Master of Zen
  • Zanne wrote:

peace ~/~

Yeah, I know...
  • Zanne wrote:

peace ~/~

Yeah, I get ya!

For me, it's "humour" btw.
  • Yeah, I get ya!

For me, it's "humour" btw.

same here....who spells it humor?
    Master of Zen
  • same here....who spells it humor?

Americans.
  • Americans.

Oh....lol....the same thing as colour I guess
    Master of Zen
  • For me the other album I loved at first and still love to this day is "Road Apples"

I love Road Apples, Twist my Arm is in my top ten for sure.
    There's no I in team, but there's me.

"0035 EVENFLOW PSYCHOS

"I'm George Bush and my son's an asshole" 08/03/2000

Don't stop wen you're tired, stop when you're done
  • rebornFixerrebornFixer Posts: 4,901
    I haven't listened to the audio streaming on the website yet, but I've read some reviews of the new disc, and people are going nuts (in a good way).
    I haven't listened to the audio streaming on the website yet, but I've read some reviews of the new disc, and people are going nuts (in a good way).

Yup, the album is insanely good. Easily the best thing they've done since Phantom Power. I'm looking forward to Tuesday morning so I can run to the record store, pick up an actual copy, and spend the entire day absorbing the album and reading the lyrics & liner notes. It's gonna be a beautiful day.

Which reminds me, everybody who lives in Canada (and anyone who gets CBC on satellite or cable in the U.S.) should tune in for "The Hour" next Sunday, Oct. 22nd. George Stroumboulopoulos will be interviewing the entire band, and then they're gonna perform a few songs from the new album.

-Tom Waits
  • I haven't listened to the audio streaming on the website yet, but I've read some reviews of the new disc, and people are going nuts (in a good way).

if you're a fan do yourself a favour and go listen to it..awesome album
    Master of Zen
  • rebornFixerrebornFixer Posts: 4,901
    if you're a fan do yourself a favour and go listen to it..awesome album

Nah, I am waiting for tomorrow night ... I have this anxiety-provoking neuropsychological testing session tomorrow, where I give the tests to my supervisor and she dissects my every move and every error. Freakin' hell. This will be my reward.