Tragically Hip ...

Comments

• i remember that one...last of the unplucked gems...was a treat to hear it :) ...and a treat to hear it again. thanks for the post direwolf!
  • lockedlocked Posts: 4,038
    still no new word on the revival of the "Hip Club"??

WTF...?

come on people..
    get 'er done already...

I feel slighted enough that my orginal membership will not entitle me to any seniority rights like in 10C..

Let the race to sign up begin!

Here's hoping for some neat access to the "Hip Vault" downloads...
    "This here's a REQUEST!"
    EV intro to Chloe Dancer / Crown of Thorns
    10/25/13 Hartford
  • direwolf74direwolf74 Posts: 1,622
    locked wrote:
    still no new word on the revival of the "Hip Club"??

WTF...?

come on people..
    get 'er done already...

I feel slighted enough that my orginal membership will not entitle me to any seniority rights like in 10C..

Let the race to sign up begin!

Here's hoping for some neat access to the "Hip Vault" downloads...

Some Hip Vault downloads would be amazing. I assume the new Hip Club will be up and running once the release date of the new album is announced, which shouldn't be too far off now.
    "I try my best to chug, stomp, weep, whisper, moan, wheeze, scat, blurt, rage, whine, and seduce. With my voice I can sound like a girl, the boogieman, a Theremin, a cherry bomb, a clown, a doctor, a murderer. I can be tribal. Ironic. Or disturbed. My voice is really my instrument."

-Tom Waits
    Holy crap, check out today's song of the day, "At the Hundredth Meridian" from Utrecht, Holland '97. It might be the longest Hip jam I've ever heard. They veer dangerously close to Phish territory on this one, but Gordie keeps it interesting with his stream-of-consciousness rants and storytelling. And just when you think they've jammed a little too long, he suddenly launches into "If I die of vanity...." and the band explodes back into the chorus. F**king amazing. Enjoy!

http://www.thehip.com
    "I try my best to chug, stomp, weep, whisper, moan, wheeze, scat, blurt, rage, whine, and seduce. With my voice I can sound like a girl, the boogieman, a Theremin, a cherry bomb, a clown, a doctor, a murderer. I can be tribal. Ironic. Or disturbed. My voice is really my instrument."

-Tom Waits
    Yup, that's right folks. It's another song of the day update! "Are We Family" from Calgary, 11/19/04. Beautiful song.

http://www.thehip.com

-Tom Waits
    Looks like I'm the only person posting here again. That's ok, I'm still gonna keep this thread alive. In case you haven't heard yet, another new Hip show has been announced!

WNED Buffalo Niagra Guitar Festival Presents

THE TRAGICALLY HIP
    with Special Guests
    The Sadies

Saturday June 17th, 2006 Artpark, Lewiston NY

Public Tickets On Sale: 04/18/2006 at Noon

Tier 1 (Seated): $45.50
    Lawn (General Admission): $25.50

http://www.tickets.com, all Tops Supermarkets and at the venue box office.

TTH 'First In Line'* Tickets On Sale: 04/11/2006, 12:00 PM EST
    *'First in Line' ticket purchases limited to Tier 1(Seated) tickets for this show.

This is an All Ages Show

WNED Buffalo Niagra Guitar Festival
    http://www.guitarfestival.org, http://www.artpark.net

-Tom Waits
  • funkymonkfunkymonk Posts: 279
    I'm hoping the Hip come and play in the Maritimes this summer. I've heard rumours floating around that they may play in PEI at the Festival of Lights show.
  • MCGMCG Posts: 780
    I'm hopin for a date in toon town. Maybe Regina too if I'm really lucky.
    Which came first,
    the bad idea or me befallen by it?
  • i'm listening to "fight" right now...always forget what a good song that is...
    *bump*

Just thought I'd revive this thread again. Song of the day at thehip.com is "Membership" from a Dutch TV show in '97. Awesome tune. Still no word on the new album yet, and I'm suffering from major Hip withdrawl. Thankfully there's only one month until their show at the Gorge! Even if the album isn't out by then, I'm sure the boys will debut some new material for us. I can't wait! Anybody else here going to Sasquatch??

-Tom Waits
  • direwolf74 wrote:
    *bump*

Just thought I'd revive this thread again. Song of the day at thehip.com is "Membership" from a Dutch TV show in '97. Awesome tune. Still no word on the new album yet, and I'm suffering from major Hip withdrawl. Thankfully there's only one month until their show at the Gorge! Even if the album isn't out by then, I'm sure the boys will debut some new material for us. I can't wait! Anybody else here going to Sasquatch??

i wish i was going direwolf! have a good time...i'm sure you'll be hearing some new stuff. it will be awesome!
  • Day for Night is my fave. I've seen The Hip a total of 10 times I think and never tire of them. Solid solid band.
    <º))))><_.·´¯`·._.·´¯`·.

Montreal 98
    WPB I & II 00
    Montreal,Toronto 00
    Montreal 03
    Montreal 05
    Toronto 06

"Enjoy the water" - EV 2005-09-15, as we shook hands.
    Hey folks! Not sure if this has been posted yet, but another Hip show has been announced for this summer:

Fri June 16
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Point State Park - Three Rivers Arts Festival
    All Ages

Tickets: Free show

-Tom Waits
    Hey folks! Not sure if this has been posted yet, but another Hip show has been announced for this summer:

Fri June 16
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Point State Park - Three Rivers Arts Festival
    All Ages

Tickets: Free show – no tickets
    http://www.artsfestival.net
    http://www.artsfestival.net/2006Festival/festivalcal.html

-Tom Waits
    Oops, sorry for the double post.

-Tom Waits
  • a little hip bump for playoffs...:)
  • Lost_ClayLost_Clay Posts: 1,085
    concert announcement for charlottetown PRINCE EDWARD ISLAND gig coming mid-may, everyone should go =) hip + canada day weekend + vacation days + i dont even have to leave the island!
    "ah fuck it get in trouble"

06/29/03 09/22/05 09/24/05 09/25/05 05/09/06 05/10/06
  • Lost_Clay wrote:
    concert announcement for charlottetown PRINCE EDWARD ISLAND gig coming mid-may, everyone should go =) hip + canada day weekend + vacation days + i dont even have to leave the island!

bad ass! sounds like a party to me lost clay! i haven't been to the island in three years, so...hip + canada day = camping trip to PEI for me ! :)
  • Banana-RamaBanana-Rama Posts: 108
    Best Hip album is?

Music@Work is my current favorite, I think ...

I bow to you :D
    "If you should die before me, ask if you could bring a friend" - STP

"Frugality without creativity is deprivation." - Amy Dacyczyn

Proud Supporter of the CAROLINA HURRICANES. GO CANES GO!!!
  • took a little break from pearl jam and neil tonight...

Does it diminish your
    super-capacity to love

Walk like a matador,
    don't be chicken-shit
    and turn breezes into rivulets

flamenco-sweep the air
    and weave the sun
    and stamp your feet for everyone

Does it exhibit your
    natural tendency to hate

Maybe a prostitute
    could teach you
    how to take a compliment

maybe I'll go to New York,
    I'll drag you there
    you said, "no one drags me
    anywhere"

Does it diminish your
    super-capacity to love

:) fuck i love this song and these lyrics! gord! gord! gord!
  • Cree NationsCree Nations Posts: 2,247
    took a little break from pearl jam and neil tonight...

Does it diminish your
    super-capacity to love

Walk like a matador,
    don't be chicken-shit

flamenco-sweep the air
    and weave the sun

Does it exhibit your
    natural tendency to hate

Maybe a prostitute
    could teach you
    how to take a compliment

I'll drag you there
    anywhere"

Does it diminish your
    super-capacity to love

That's one of my all time favourites
    >>>>
    >
    ...a lover and a fighter.
    "I'm at least half a bum" Rocky Balboa

http://www.videosift.com/video/Obamas-Message-To-American-Indians

Edmonton, AB. September 5th, 2005
    Vancouver, BC. April 3rd, 2008
    Calgary,AB. August 8th, 2009
  • Tek MoneyTek Money Posts: 642
    I'm going to see them in June :)
    Cock Fight.
  • took a little break from pearl jam and neil tonight...

Does it diminish your
    super-capacity to love

Walk like a matador,
    don't be chicken-shit

flamenco-sweep the air
    and weave the sun

Does it exhibit your
    natural tendency to hate

Maybe a prostitute
    could teach you
    how to take a compliment

I'll drag you there
    anywhere"

Does it diminish your
    super-capacity to love

the henhouse cd FUCKING RAWKS
  • in violet light is my favorite record, followed by phantom power and trouble at the henhouse. i despise in between evolution. it's by far their worst record. I met Gord Downie in Pittsburgh in 1998, cool guy. I had him sign my Henhouse CD and told him my name was Marc and he said "I bet you spell that with a C"! It blew me away. I used to go to alot of shows and he always seemed to remember me. One time in cleveland he sang half the set right to me, that was 2000 I think, and in Buffalo in '03, on his solo tour, I met him again and mentioned we met back in the day and he remembered. the dude has an amazing memory. I'm trying to find a lawn seat to the Artpark show in Lewisotn, NY. PM me if you got one.
    I like bands.
  • civ_eng_girlciv_eng_girl Posts: 2,001
    Tek Money wrote:
    I'm going to see them in June :)

me too!

in toronto?

which night?

:)
    ~~*~~ ...i surfaced and all of my being was enlightend... ~~*~~
    bad ass! sounds like a party to me lost clay! i haven't been to the island in three years, so...hip + canada day = camping trip to PEI for me ! :)

that sounds like a G-D good time!!

i'd be inclined to join, but i leave for Europe the following week... :(
  • me too!

in toronto?

which night?

:)

s a t u r d a y night is gonna rawk...right after PJ pittsburg...what a weekend :)
    s a t u r d a y night is gonna rawk...right after PJ pittsburg...what a weekend :)

ahhh.... i missed out on the saturday tix.

i'm going on Friday.... it'll rock too! :D
  • anyone hear if a new HIP cd is coming out soon? thanks
  • anyone hear if a new HIP cd is coming out soon? thanks

direwolf is usually the man with hip news :) ...last i heard they were still working on it with bob rock. i would guess it would be out this summer...as they have dates planned in europe and their traditional fall / winter canadian tour!