Options

framed poster thread

Comments

• Options
    Thanks for your input. Much appreciated. What I am curious about it how to go about figuring out the dimensions once you add a matte to it. Anybody else have suggestions?

At the start of the process you can put the dimensions of your poster in...then when you pick the mat and how much mat you want showing it will do the conversions for you. It's really quite simple. Just do a run-through, and I think you'll be able to sort it out.
    "The whole world will be different soon"
  • Options
    you got to go professional on these posters, they look so much better. My borgata I went with a black metal frame with a double matte. Black with a pink underlie. Looks awesome. Check out my posting on the first page of the thread. I only pay about $55 per picture for mine and they are done professionally.
    He is alive but feels absolutely nothing.
    So is he?
    When he was six he believed that the moon overhead followed him.
    By nine he had deciphered the illusion trading magic for fact.
    No tradebacks...
    So this is what it's like to be an adult
    If he only knew now what he knew then...
  • Options
    you got to go professional on these posters, they look so much better. My borgata I went with a black metal frame with a double matte. Black with a pink underlie. Looks awesome. Check out my posting on the first page of the thread. I only pay about $55 per picture for mine and they are done professionally.

where do you get them done?????
    ************EVENFLOW PSYCHO#41************

http://www.powdermag.com/features/news/jackson-hole-tram/index.html

Make sure you pay a visit to the Tram before it goes......
  • Options
    ChicagoneChicagone Posts: 184
    That is a great idea. I'm going to do that this week because a lot of mine are in tubes. Thanks for the tip.
    I had over 80 tubes in closets, under beds, behind couches, they were coming out my ass! I just figured that what the hell, there is no enjoyment in having ugly brown tubes all over the place. When I finally got the plexiglass, and opened all the tubes, I had about 6 or 7 posters that I didn't even know were in my collection. Next is a 24"x36" presentation case for all the ones that will not be in frames. I find that the best way to show them off. I just got back from Arizona today and when I was getting a tattoo out there, I saw the racks that they have their drawings on, just like the ones at record stores for posters. The ones that are on hinges and swing out, I thought that would be a pretty cool way to show the ones not framed. Anyone know about how much one of these would cost?- Maybe I should start a company specifically for showing off Pearl Jam posters, after Santos fucked us all up the last month or so, there are a lot of people looking for ways to show off their collection besides expressobeans. Anyone want to be partners?
  • Options
    AbuskedtiAbuskedti Posts: 1,917
    Chicagone wrote:
    I had over 80 tubes in closets, under beds, behind couches, they were coming out my ass! I just figured that what the hell, there is no enjoyment in having ugly brown tubes all over the place. When I finally got the plexiglass, and opened all the tubes, I had about 6 or 7 posters that I didn't even know were in my collection. Next is a 24"x36" presentation case for all the ones that will not be in frames. I find that the best way to show them off. I just got back from Arizona today and when I was getting a tattoo out there, I saw the racks that they have their drawings on, just like the ones at record stores for posters. The ones that are on hinges and swing out, I thought that would be a pretty cool way to show the ones not framed. Anyone know about how much one of these would cost?- Maybe I should start a company specifically for showing off Pearl Jam posters, after Santos fucked us all up the last month or so, there are a lot of people looking for ways to show off their collection besides expressobeans. Anyone want to be partners?

great idea....!
  • Options
    I know that expressobeans is pretty correct on dimensions, but I have found that on some of the older posters, the dimensions are off a little. I'm not sure if they were just cut differently or what. But I HIGHLY suggest for all you lazy people to get out the tape measure and make sure of your exact size, if it's off by a 1/8 or 1/4 inch, you could mess up the whole framing job and have to reorder. That happened on my Chicago 98, and I had to fork over another $33 to fix it. It's worth the minute to be positive of YOUR poster dimensions, not just what most poster sizes are.
    Here are a few random shots of a few posters - enjoy - http://photobucket.com/albums/f266/locolion/?sc=3
  • Options
    bobasfeetbobasfeet Posts: 1,081
    I just bit the bullet and got a HOB on ebay. It was a must have for me. The most I have spent on a poster. $90 and shipping...I think that's not too bad for a poster that was $40 at that special show. What do you guys think?? Also have you seen an awesome frame job for this poster yet? Thanks
  • Options
    bobasfeet wrote:
    I just bit the bullet and got a HOB on ebay. It was a must have for me. The most I have spent on a poster. $90 and shipping...I think that's not too bad for a poster that was $40 at that special show. What do you guys think?? Also have you seen an awesome frame job for this poster yet? Thanks

i was going to bid on it but it wasnt mint.
  • Options
    BrushdailyBrushdaily Marin County Posts: 194
    Chicagone wrote:
    I know that expressobeans is pretty correct on dimensions, but I have found that on some of the older posters, the dimensions are off a little. I'm not sure if they were just cut differently or what. But I HIGHLY suggest for all you lazy people to get out the tape measure and make sure of your exact size, if it's off by a 1/8 or 1/4 inch, you could mess up the whole framing job and have to reorder. That happened on my Chicago 98, and I had to fork over another $33 to fix it. It's worth the minute to be positive of YOUR poster dimensions, not just what most poster sizes are.
    Here are a few random shots of a few posters - enjoy - http://photobucket.com/albums/f266/locolion/?sc=3
    Did you ever email Mr. Klausen what was up with that test print?
  • Options
    Brushdaily wrote:
    Did you ever email Mr. Klausen what was up with that test print?
    Yes I did and I gave him all the info. I havn't heard from him back yet. Hopefully he is busy and will email me soon. I really need more info on that poster. The test print was my first framing job. I think I might get it re done by a professional. I think that poster is worthy of the 150-200 professional job. Thanks again for the email address.
  • Options
    Chicagone wrote:
    Yes I did and I gave him all the info. I havn't heard from him back yet. Hopefully he is busy and will email me soon. I really need more info on that poster. The test print was my first framing job. I think I might get it re done by a professional. I think that poster is worthy of the 150-200 professional job. Thanks again for the email address.

Hey, you're safe..I got a HOB...;>
  • Options
    Lizard wrote:
    I was thinking of going to Michaels--they had a coupon in Sunday's paper for 70% off on 3 custom frame orders.

I saw that too and would love to jump on the deal but I'm not ready to yet. Some members have expressed concerns over Michaels employees being young and inexperienced and possibly damaging your poster or stealing it because they know what it is. I don't know about that but I guess there is always the risk. I haven't seen any teenage employees in the michaels by me. I'm happy with my frame and the price. I'm really happy that my wife allowed me to hang it on our wall.
    support The Children's Hospital of Philadelphia
    http://giving.chop.edu/site/PageServer?pagename=give_GiveTheGift
  • Options
    I saw that too and would love to jump on the deal but I'm not ready to yet. Some members have expressed concerns over Michaels employees being young and inexperienced and possibly damaging your poster or stealing it because they know what it is. I don't know about that but I guess there is always the risk. I haven't seen any teenage employees in the michaels by me. I'm happy with my frame and the price. I'm really happy that my wife allowed me to hang it on our wall.

Hmmm..I think most teenagers are too busy listening to 50 cent. ;>
  • Options
    anyone using a mac and trying to use americanframe......im having a difficult time selecting the mat color.........can anyone help me figure out how to change it b/c i really dont want a pink mat........................:(

• Options
    nevermind.........just figured it out...........haha

• Options
    Red LukinRed Lukin Canada Posts: 2,994
    BeerBaron wrote:
    Has anyone seen a really nice framing (with mattes) job on the Kitchener poster? I really want to get mine framed but I'm not convinced that there is a great matte combo out there.

Any help is much appreciated ...

pink and brown is your best bet

hey, did you end up staying away from the dry mounting?
  • Options
    LizardLizard So Cal Posts: 12,085

Did Michael's dry-mount your poster (as someone else mentioned they do)??
    So I'll just lie down and wait for the dream
    Where I'm not ugly and you're lookin' at me
  • Options
    Dr. DelightDr. Delight Posts: 11,210
    BeerBaron wrote:
    Has anyone seen a really nice framing (with mattes) job on the Kitchener poster? I really want to get mine framed but I'm not convinced that there is a great matte combo out there.

Any help is much appreciated ...
    I fiddled around on american frames last night with the kitchner poster and some color combos.
    I came up with using a white metal frame, and a 1 inch Really Red matte.
    I liked it, try it for yourself to get the idea. I think im gonna go with that combo.
    And so you see, I have come to doubt
    All that I once held as true
    I stand alone without beliefs
    The only truth I know is you.
  • Options
    Lizard wrote:
    Did Michael's dry-mount your poster (as someone else mentioned they do)??

No. They ask you what you want done. They used some things on the corners. Ask them what all of your options are so you get everything you want, mounting, type of glass, etc. I really wish that I was ready to take advantage of that deal. I only have one of my posters in a frame and now, it's like I need to have all of them done right away. I'm glad there is so much activity in these framing threads because I love seeing what people have done and what they have.
    support The Children's Hospital of Philadelphia
    http://giving.chop.edu/site/PageServer?pagename=give_GiveTheGift
  • Options
    Has anyone got their Philly or Gorge yet????
  • Options
    No to both!
  • Options
    bobasfeet wrote:
    That's a big NEGATORY ghost-writer
    "The whole world will be different soon"
  • Options
    nope.......nothing here either...............

• Options
    anyone wanna help me with americanframe........i dont get this kinda stuff at all......im at the part with the mat measurements. I have one mat, so what do i do......also what do they mean by opening shape???

• Options
    GoBucky could you repost your HOB pic??... I heard it looked great and I need ideas..Thanks!!
  • Options
    GoBuckyGoBucky Posts: 198
    bobasfeet wrote:
    GoBucky could you repost your HOB pic??... I heard it looked great and I need ideas..Thanks!!

http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y81/GoBucky/hob1.jpg

http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y81/GoBucky/hob.jpg
  • Options
    anyone wanna help me with americanframe........i dont get this kinda stuff at all......im at the part with the mat measurements. I have one mat, so what do i do......also what do they mean by opening shape???
    I believe opening shape, is the shape of the matte around the poster itself. You can either have it squared(norm) or oval shaped at the four corners.
    With one matte, just decide how long u want the matte to be from the frame itself. I usually go with 2" with just a single matte.
  • Options
    Thanks GoBucky looks awesome..Did you get my PM about the Crowes stuff??
  • Options
    tdmuwtdmuw Posts: 29
    bobasfeet wrote:

I got mine yesterday, now all I have to do is figure out how to frame it.