Options

framed poster thread

Comments

• Options
    ChicagoneChicagone Posts: 184
    tdmuw wrote:
    I got my Mexico poster from the 10C sale Saturday night and went ahead and got it framed yesterday. I was pretty excited when this one went up for sale since the colors match the room pretty well.

http://home.comcast.net/~timclaw/0.jpg
    Is that a professional job or did you do it? It looks super sweet by the way.
  • Options
    tdmuwtdmuw Posts: 29
    Chicagone wrote:
    Is that a professional job or did you do it? It looks super sweet by the way.

It's basically a professional job, I took it to a u-frame place but the framer helping me did most of it. Thanks, I'm really happy with the way it turned out.
  • Options
    Barely AliveBarely Alive Posts: 1,271
    Looks like I'm gonna try and use American Frame for my stuff. I have gone to three different framers around here and they want anywhere from $187.00-$240.00 to frame my PJ posters. This is double matted, plain metal square thin profile frame, UV glass and conservation mount. I think framing costs is seriously one of the biggest hijack scams out there. I priced the same stuff out on American Frame for $80.00 w/o glass. I should just order from them and then buy the glass through a retailer around me. Rediculous.
  • Options
    Looks like I'm gonna try and use American Frame for my stuff. I have gone to three different framers around here and they want anywhere from $187.00-$240.00 to frame my PJ posters. This is double matted, plain metal square thin profile frame, UV glass and conservation mount. I think framing costs is seriously one of the biggest hijack scams out there. I priced the same stuff out on American Frame for $80.00 w/o glass. I should just order from them and then buy the glass through a retailer around me. Rediculous.
    They have good uv plexiglass that I use so in case they somehow fall off the wall, I don't have to worry about damaging my frickin expensive PJ posters. It's the cheapest at americanframe that I have found anywhere.
    Also I have almost all of mine triple matted and the highest I have paid is $85.
  • Options
    AstroFanAstroFan Posts: 193
    If I'm storing my posters in a flat file, do I need to cover them in anything or can I just put them in as is? I could put the paper they come with(the ones they are wrapped in in the tube) inbetween the multiple posters if needed, but that is really the only 'supply' I have.
  • Options
    Sharon_Hearts_PJSharon_Hearts_PJ Bristol, PA Posts: 1,383
    Chicagone wrote:
    Yea, what he said, check it
    She... hehe ;)
    *Rock and/or Roll!*
  • Options
    This is my Philadelphia poster. It was framed for me at Michaels and was $100 total. As you can see I went without a mat. I really like the frame and i'm going to stick with it for all of the others i have done. The wall paper was put up in our house by the previous owners so no comments please.

http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/iamm37/album?.dir=/d4a0
    support The Children's Hospital of Philadelphia
    http://giving.chop.edu/site/PageServer?pagename=give_GiveTheGift
  • Options
    tdmuw wrote:
    I got my Mexico poster from the 10C sale Saturday night and went ahead and got it framed yesterday. I was pretty excited when this one went up for sale since the colors match the room pretty well.

http://home.comcast.net/~timclaw/0.jpg

This really looks great.
  • Options
    AstroFan wrote:
    Is it much harder to frame it yourself when the poster has been in the tube rather than laying flat? I have nowhere to place the Borgata because of its size, so it'll have to remain in the tube till it is framed.

Anybody? Thanks
  • Options
    bobasfeetbobasfeet Posts: 1,072
    Chicagone wrote:
    First of all its in the safety deposit box and I will be listing it on epay for $10,000. I figure the tickets were $1,000. This is the only one test print and probably 300 regular HOB's printed and none were re-sold on the ten club, so I think they will be worth more than the AC in about 6 months or so. That is a one of one that I have,not like the total crap that Ames claims to be test prints they sold with the Canada package. So if you want, I will sell it for $8,000 before someone hits the "buy it now" for 10 grand. Anyone interested?? Let me know. :)

J/K 10 club

No telling what that is worth.
  • Options
    I just went through a bunch of the pages and didn't see a Red Borgata framed. Does anybody have pictures and or suggestions? I was thinking of going with American Frame for the first time and I want to know what to order. Even if you framed the pink one, could you tell me exacly what you ordered? Measurements, type of frame, glass, etc. Everything. I don't want to botch my order.

Thanks in advance for any help
  • Options
    bobasfeet wrote:
    No telling what that is worth.
    Yea, I woder that myself, I need to get Brad Klausen's email to find out what poster/posters that he used in the background and how many there are or might be. I remember someone a while back posted his email, hopefully I can get some help here. Any guesses on it's value are always welcome. Thanks
  • Options
    AstroFan wrote:
    Anybody? Thanks
    I go to home depot and buy sheets of regular plexiglass an place my rolled posters in between and put weights on top to speed the flattening process. Good luck.
  • Options
    GoBuckyGoBucky Posts: 198
    Chicagone wrote:
    Yea, I woder that myself, I need to get Brad Klausen's email to find out what poster/posters that he used in the background and how many there are or might be. I remember someone a while back posted his email, hopefully I can get some help here. Any guesses on it's value are always welcome. Thanks

Brad@tenclub.net
  • Options
    I just went through a bunch of the pages and didn't see a Red Borgata framed. Does anybody have pictures and or suggestions? I was thinking of going with American Frame for the first time and I want to know what to order. Even if you framed the pink one, could you tell me exacly what you ordered? Measurements, type of frame, glass, etc. Everything. I don't want to botch my order.

Thanks in advance for any help

A Red Borgata that I thought looked really nice is this one:

http://www.blackredyellow.com/bryforums/uploads/gallery/1122171178/gallery_1817_3_380898.jpg

That is the only one I have seen.
  • Options
    Chicagone wrote:
    I go to home depot and buy sheets of regular plexiglass an place my rolled posters in between and put weights on top to speed the flattening process. Good luck.

Thanks. Is the plexiglass pretty cheap?
  • Options
    i took my pink AC into the frame shop today to get a triple matte, full works job.

everyone in the shop was amazed at how cool the poster was and asking where i got it. i let them know about the 10c and the madness that ensues on the board each day.

i'll post pics when i get it back.
  • Options
    Bird33Bird33 Posts: 120
    i took my pink AC into the frame shop today to get a triple matte, full works job.

everyone in the shop was amazed at how cool the poster was and asking where i got it. i let them know about the 10c and the madness that ensues on the board each day.

i'll post pics when i get it back.

Yeah the place were I get mine framed the people tell me they have fun framing my posters. Well just don't have too much fun and fuck them up.
  • Options
    AstroFan wrote:
    Thanks. Is the plexiglass pretty cheap?
    Yes it is very cheap, for a 34"x36" I paid $12 each. That's the biggest size I needed at the time, so it will only be a couple more dollars for a bigger size for the Borgata and the Mexico.
  • Options
    GoBucky wrote:
    Thanks a lot. :)
  • Options
    senninsennin Posts: 2,146
  • Options
    Chicagone wrote:

That is a great idea. I'm going to do that this week because a lot of mine are in tubes. Thanks for the tip.
  • Options
    TravelarTravelar Kalamazoo, USA Posts: 3,366
  • Options
    Yeah the place were I get mine framed the people tell me they have fun framing my posters. Well just don't have too much fun and fuck them up.

LOL!

that's hilarious. they know its party time when you bring in a new pj poster.

"bring out the 8-balls and vodka tonics, mylipsrshaking just brought in his gorge poster to be framed!"
  • Options
    Anybody have a Showbox 04 poster framed? I need some ideas!
    "The whole world will be different soon"
  • Options
    I'm still looking for some guidance from people who framed their AC using American Frame. Size, mat color, glass, price. Anybody?

Thanks!
  • Options
    I'm still looking for some guidance from people who framed their AC using American Frame. Size, mat color, glass, price. Anybody?

Thanks!

You can get poster dimensions on expressobeans.com, and then just experiment with mats colors and frame combo's. I've yet to do my Borgata as well, so I can't help you yet!

But I did just do my Showbox, and the only mat I could match up was black...i hope it turns out okay
    "The whole world will be different soon"
  • Options
    You can get poster dimensions on expressobeans.com, and then just experiment with mats colors and frame combo's. I've yet to do my Borgata as well, so I can't help you yet!

But I did just do my Showbox, and the only mat I could match up was black...i hope it turns out okay

Thanks for your input. Much appreciated. What I am curious about it how to go about figuring out the dimensions once you add a matte to it. Anybody else have suggestions?
  • Options
    LizardLizard So Cal Posts: 12,083
    This is my Philadelphia poster. It was framed for me at Michaels and was $100 total. As you can see I went without a mat. I really like the frame and i'm going to stick with it for all of the others i have done. The wall paper was put up in our house by the previous owners so no comments please.

http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/iamm37/album?.dir=/d4a0

I was thinking of going to Michaels--they had a coupon in Sunday's paper for 70% off on 3 custom frame orders.
    So I'll just lie down and wait for the dream
    Where I'm not ugly and you're lookin' at me