Options

framed poster thread

Comments

• Options
    i bought the pink borgota and i wanna frame it but i cant remember what size it is, can anyone tell me? it takes 4-6 weeks to ship to ireland so i cant measure it asap!

thanks a million

XxX

P@M
  • Options
    AstroFanAstroFan Posts: 193
    i bought the pink borgota and i wanna frame it but i cant remember what size it is, can anyone tell me? it takes 4-6 weeks to ship to ireland so i cant measure it asap!

thanks a million

XxX

P@M

I believe it is 24x27. Atleast that's what it is listed as on expressobeans.
  • Options
    ChicagoneChicagone Posts: 184
    bobasfeet wrote:
    Where do you live?? ;>
    The city of Chicago- why ???
  • Options
    AstroFan wrote:
    Thanks, I'll check out the site. Is the plexi also UV protectice?

Is it much harder to frame it yourself when the poster has been in the tube rather than laying flat? I have nowhere to place the Borgata because of its size, so it'll have to remain in the tube till it is framed.
    Framesbymail doesn't have uv plexiglass. I highly suggest americanframe.com - they have a much better selection of colored matting and they have the uv plexiglass. Better customer service, I have tried both many times and americanframe is the best by far. Make sure when you get to the matting section, click on all matts not just the 24 most popular colors. Peace
  • Options
    Chicagone wrote:
    Framesbymail doesn't have uv plexiglass. I highly suggest americanframe.com - they have a much better selection of colored matting and they have the uv plexiglass. Better customer service, I have tried both many times and americanframe is the best by far. Make sure when you get to the matting section, click on all matts not just the 24 most popular colors. Peace

Thanks, I've been looking around on that site as well.

Does anybody know of a site(or a color on either of those sites if I missed it) that would have a pink matte that would match the pink on the Borgata? I'd like to have about 1/4 of an inch of pink matte, and then about 2 inches of black matte, but I'm having trouble finding one that is acid free.
  • Options
    AstroFan wrote:
    Thanks, I've been looking around on that site as well.

Does anybody know of a site(or a color on either of those sites if I missed it) that would have a pink matte that would match the pink on the Borgata? I'd like to have about 1/4 of an inch of pink matte, and then about 2 inches of black matte, but I'm having trouble finding one that is acid free.
    Not sure, but on americanframe.com you can copy and paste the poster then try to match the matt.Under the bambridge papermat collection- check out the tulip color. I think it looks the closest, but I would call them on the phone and ask- they are pretty helpful. Good luck and let me know how it comes out.
  • Options
    Chicagone wrote:
    Not sure, but on americanframe.com you can copy and paste the poster then try to match the matt.Under the bambridge papermat collection- check out the tulip color. I think it looks the closest, but I would call them on the phone and ask- they are pretty helpful. Good luck and let me know how it comes out.

Yeah I agree that looks like it would be the closest fit.

If I called them, would I have to show them where to look up a picture of the poster to compare the two? I don't know how to describe the color in the Borgata aside from 'pink'.

I was wondering, would it be feasible to order everything from American Frames except for the pink matte, if I can find it on another site/store? Or do they automatically cut everything in a certain size so it would be impossible to do so.
  • Options
    Sharon_Hearts_PJSharon_Hearts_PJ Bristol, PA Posts: 1,383
    Try to get a catalog from http://www.americanframe.com. I got mine after ordering, but I'm sure you can have one sent if you're just interested in ordering. You'll have a much better idea of color-matches. I love the site and the prices. Especially when you catch a sale :)
    *Rock and/or Roll!*
  • Options
    bobasfeetbobasfeet Posts: 1,072
    Chicagone wrote:
    The city of Chicago- why ???

As in tell me where you live so I can jack that bad ass HOB poster...it was a joke.
  • Options
    ECMECM Posts: 1,687
    AstroFan wrote:

If I called them, would I have to show them where to look up a picture of the poster to compare the two? I don't know how to describe the color in the Borgata aside from 'pink'.

I was wondering, would it be feasible to order everything from American Frames except for the pink matte, if I can find it on another site/store? Or do they automatically cut everything in a certain size so it would be impossible to do so.

What sucks is that even the pink matte has a white core to it... if you are looking for a consistant color, go with the Alpharag series.... I might just stick with a 2 shades of black (double matte) and a red or silver frame....
    wishlistfoundation.org
  • Options
    bobasfeet wrote:
    As in tell me where you live so I can jack that bad ass HOB poster...it was a joke.
    First of all its in the safety deposit box and I will be listing it on epay for $10,000. I figure the tickets were $1,000. This is the only one test print and probably 300 regular HOB's printed and none were re-sold on the ten club, so I think they will be worth more than the AC in about 6 months or so. That is a one of one that I have,not like the total crap that Ames claims to be test prints they sold with the Canada package. So if you want, I will sell it for $8,000 before someone hits the "buy it now" for 10 grand. Anyone interested?? Let me know. :)

J/K 10 club
  • Options
    AstroFan wrote:

Americanframe is also cool because you can order everything seperatly if you want. You can get just a frame or just plexi or just the mattes. Get the link to the poster and give it to them over the phone I think would work. Hot pink maybe?- Or order a white matte and go buy a pink permaenant marker and color it yourself??
  • Options
    Thanks for the help guys. I looked on several other sites and saw nothing even coming close to a match, but I did request a catalog from AmericanFrames. I'll probably have to wait till next week(2 weeks at the most) to frame it, but I really want to do it right, so I suppose I'll just have to be patient. I'm considering using red instead of pink if I can't find a fit, but I may also check the local frame store and see if they have a pink that would match the poster.

On expressobeans I found a tutorial on framing. Is there anything in here that you would not reccomend doing(newbie at this, so I really have no clue if I should just blindly trust this or not)?

http://www.expressobeans.com/wiki/index.php/DIY_Framing
  • Options
    ECMECM Posts: 1,687
    AstroFan wrote:
    Thanks for the help guys. I looked on several other sites and saw nothing even coming close to a match, but I did request a catalog from AmericanFrames. I'll probably have to wait till next week(2 weeks at the most) to frame it, but I really want to do it right, so I suppose I'll just have to be patient. I'm considering using red instead of pink if I can't find a fit, but I may also check the local frame store and see if they have a pink that would match the poster.

On expressobeans I found a tutorial on framing. Is there anything in here that you would not reccomend doing(newbie at this, so I really have no clue if I should just blindly trust this or not)?

http://www.expressobeans.com/wiki/index.php/DIY_Framing

it's good info.... but I don't bother with tape or even mylar corners.... once you "sandwich" the poster between the acid backboard, matte, UV glass then tighten the frame and put the clips in - it will stay....
    wishlistfoundation.org
  • Options
    it's good info.... but I don't bother with tape or even mylar corners.... once you "sandwich" the poster between the acid backboard, matte, UV glass then tighten the frame and put the clips in - it will stay....

does anyone frame without mattes and if so what do you use to keep the poster off the glass?
  • Options
    does anyone frame without mattes and if so what do you use to keep the poster off the glass?

they make spacers that will lift the poster off the glass.
    I'll scream my lungs out...'til I fill this thread!
  • Options
    anyone know where i can get a book that holds most of the posters, like a portfoilo type deal? I am out of wall room...and well...cant seem to stop buying :)
    http://www.myspace.com/sigepnader

History is the polemics of the victor...

LETS GO CARDINALS!
  • Options
    anyone know where i can get a book that holds most of the posters, like a portfoilo type deal? I am out of wall room...and well...cant seem to stop buying :)
    Check out jerrysartarama.com - They have some sweet presentation cases/portfolios for posters. I highly recommend getting the 24"x36" one because it will hold almost all the PJ posters. In my collection right now I have the 18x24 and a bunch won't fit. So fork over the extra cash for the bigger one. I believe only one brand has the 24x36, but I would give them a call and ask, they are a good company. Also there's masterg.com - but I think jerrys has a better selection and prices, but check them out and let me know how you come out. Good luck, Angelo
  • Options
    Sharon_Hearts_PJSharon_Hearts_PJ Bristol, PA Posts: 1,383
    You can also check local art supply shops around your college. They'll have portfolios for sure.
    *Rock and/or Roll!*
  • Options
    13PJ13 wrote:
    You can also check local art supply shops around your college. They'll have portfolios for sure.
    Yea, what he said, check it
  • Options
    My newest thanks to the tenclub. I'm not to happy with the framing job, and that frame needs some serious windex. However I wasn't sure what color to go with, and trying to match up over the web is tough. I actually thought that it was going to be a very off white that would match the sign etc.

Oh well my borgota. Maybe one day I'll re-matte it.

http://i46.photobucket.com/albums/f145/j-o-e76/PICT0002_16.jpg
  • Options
    that doesn't look too bad. At least it's safe!
    "The whole world will be different soon"
  • Options
    Spaceboy wrote:
    My newest thanks to the tenclub. I'm not to happy with the framing job, and that frame needs some serious windex. However I wasn't sure what color to go with, and trying to match up over the web is tough. I actually thought that it was going to be a very off white that would match the sign etc.

that looks pretty good to me.............
    ************EVENFLOW PSYCHO#41************

http://www.powdermag.com/features/news/jackson-hole-tram/index.html

Make sure you pay a visit to the Tram before it goes......
  • Options
    The pink Borgata looks so good that I don't think anything could ruin it;)

What would you guys think of a 1/4 inch off-white matte and a 2 inch black matte?
  • Options
    bashbabashba Posts: 43
    Spaceboy wrote:

That looks similiar to what I was planning. What do you mean about the whites? Looks like they match in the pic.
    FOR RENT
  • Options
    tdmuwtdmuw Posts: 29
    I got my Mexico poster from the 10C sale Saturday night and went ahead and got it framed yesterday. I was pretty excited when this one went up for sale since the colors match the room pretty well.

http://home.comcast.net/~timclaw/0.jpg
  • Options
    bashba wrote:
    That looks similiar to what I was planning. What do you mean about the whites? Looks like they match in the pic.

thanks for the compliments guys. I dont know, maybe they do match ha, however I was hoping it would match more the color of the offwhite in the sign, which is more grayish then white I think. Maybe I'm crazy.

I'm not that unhappy with it, but could have been better with a pink or something maybe?
  • Options
    Wow, the Mexico City poster looks great! Here's my Oklahoma City '03...
    http://i42.photobucket.com/albums/e350/mhterrapin/DSC00463.jpg
  • Options
    tdmuw wrote:
    I got my Mexico poster from the 10C sale Saturday night and went ahead and got it framed yesterday. I was pretty excited when this one went up for sale since the colors match the room pretty well.

http://home.comcast.net/~timclaw/0.jpg

Wow, the mat is perfect with the colors of the poster! Good stuff. Unfortunately I missed out on this poster...looks like I have to trade for it.
    "The whole world will be different soon"
  • Options
    tdmuwtdmuw Posts: 29
    mhterrapin wrote:
    Wow, the Mexico City poster looks great! Here's my Oklahoma City '03...
    http://i42.photobucket.com/albums/e350/mhterrapin/DSC00463.jpg

Nice, I like that frame, it's a lot like what I got on my gorge poster.