Options

framed poster thread

Comments

• Options
    joe2468joe2468 Posts: 3,049
    here some details

Emek4.jpg

Emek6.jpg

It's a wood frame, on the side is black and front is silver, only one mat with white line (cut)
    detail2.jpg

detail1.jpg

and Emek wall
    WallEmek.jpg

that is bad ass ... i want one so bad
    have you seen the colors of my fathers eyes
  • Options
    71step2871step28 Hamburg Posts: 2,249
    here some details

Emek4.jpg

THIS is what I LOVE about this foil!

your wall looks really awesome!! :thumbup:
  • Options
    SuziemaySuziemay Posts: 11,165
    WallEmek.jpg

I think you should just get rid of your TV so you can put one more poster there :mrgreen:

The foil looks amazing!
  • Options
    lastchild11lastchild11 Posts: 1,290
    That looks amazing.
    Emek Edmonton Foil Edition finally at home ;) it's huge!

Emek5.jpg

Emek3.jpg

Emek2.jpg
    Dallas TX 10/17/00
    Oklahoma City 4/3/03
    Dallas TX 6/9/03
    Memphis TN 6/20/09 (Eddie)
    Kansas City MO 4/3/10
    Little Rock AR 8/28/10 (Eddie, WM3 rally)
    St Louis MO 7/1/11 (Eddie)
    Dallas TX 11/15/12 (Eddie)
    Tulsa OK 11/18/12 (Eddie)
    Tulsa OK 11/19/12 (Eddie)
    Dallas TX 11/15/13
    Oklahoma City 11/16/13
    Tulsa OK 10/8/14
    St Louis MO 9/18/22
    Oklahoma City 9/20/22
    Ft Worth TX 9/13/23
    Ft Worth TX 9/15/23

• Options
    BLACK35BLACK35 Hanover, Ontario Posts: 22,589
    here some details

Emek4.jpg

Emek6.jpg

It's a wood frame, on the side is black and front is silver, only one mat with white line (cut)
    detail2.jpg

detail1.jpg

and Emek wall
    WallEmek.jpg

Thats a badass poster wall :thumbup:
    2005 - London
    2009 - Toronto
    2010 - Buffalo
    2011 - Toronto 1&2
    2013 - London, Pittsburgh, Buffalo
    2014 - Cincinnati, St. Louis, Detroit
    2016 - Ft. Lauderdale, Miami, Ottawa, Toronto 1
    2018 - Fenway 1&2
    2022 - Hamilton, Toronto
    2023 - Chicago 1&2
    2024 - Las Vegas 1&2
  • Options
    PJ_ROCKSPJ_ROCKS THE 406 Posts: 6,736
    here some details

Emek4.jpg

Emek6.jpg

detail2.jpg

detail1.jpg

and Emek wall
    WallEmek.jpg

Bad ass foil !!!
    yes the black mat looks good, that is what i shall do with my foil prints.

1995 San Francisco
              San Jose

San Diego 2 shows 

2003 Missoula

2005 Missoula

2006 Denver 2 shows with Tom Petty 

Gorge 2 shows

2009 Utah

LA1

LA2

2012 Missoula : Meet and Greet : "Instant Classic show"

2013 Portland

Spokane

2018 Missoula

• Options
    shepshep Houston Posts: 5,659
    joe2468 wrote:
    and Emek wall
    WallEmek.jpg

that is bad ass ... i want one so bad

the foil or an Emek wall? 8-)

Very nice Niko.... The foil looks pretty... Can't believe you were lucky enough to score one...

And that Emek wall is awesome... makes me wish I framed posters from shows I haven't been too... I have a collection of Emek's that want out of that portfolio... The Soundgarden LA glow in the dark one will be here soon... hopefully....

I gotta take my Toronto 1 AP into the framer soon... damn I hate everything being on hold while looking for a house... :(
    Houston, Texas... Believe it or not, there are 7 million people here... must be a couple of fans who'd love to see you play.
  • Options
    pjsteelerfanpjsteelerfan Maryland Posts: 9,887
    That EMEK wall is very nice.
    ...got a mind full of questions and a teacher in my soul...
  • Options
    Dirty FrankkDirty Frankk Posts: 4,274
    shep wrote:

Very nice Niko.... The foil looks pretty... Can't believe you were lucky enough to score one...

And that Emek wall is awesome... makes me wish I framed posters from shows I haven't been too... I have a collection of Emek's that want out of that portfolio... The Soundgarden LA glow in the dark one will be here soon... hopefully....

I gotta take my Toronto 1 AP into the framer soon... damn I hate everything being on hold while looking for a house... :(

Hey Andrew, I still can't believe either I got it, I will never forget the moment when lady handed me that poster...I think I will tell that story to my grandchild ;)
    I get to frame a lot of stuff because is not crazy expensive here, just small wood frame with non reflective glass is about 35$ and huge Emek with thick wood frame and mat is maybe 90$-100$, not bad ;)

And hey don't worry once you get a new house you'll have a fun doing a new frames...I was waiting 4 years to move to our home ;) still have some empty walls but no $$ :lol::lol:
    CAN'T KEEP CRAZY MARY IN MY TREE NO WAY NOT FOR YOU. ALL THOSE YESTERDAY JEREMY is ALONE, SAD with RATS & BUGS it's HARD TO IMAGINE a JEREMY a BETTER MAN.
    LIFE WASTED, BLOOD on the PORCH, LAST KISS is a WISHLIST DEEP DOWN NOTHING AS IT SEEMS WHY GO COME BACK ALIVE SPIN THE BLACK CIRCLE and SMILE.
  • Options
    Bump30Bump30 Burlington Ontario Posts: 446
    Emek Edmonton Foil Edition finally at home ;) it's huge!

Emek5.jpg

Emek3.jpg

Emek2.jpg

Wow I really love this!
    Toronto - 2009
    Hartford - 2010
    Ed Solo - Hartford - 2011
    Toronto X 2, Ottawa & Hamilton - 2011
    Ed Solo - Jacksonville - 2012
    London, Pittsburgh & Buffalo - 2013
    No shows in 2014 :-(
  • Options
    who_me13 wrote:

Looks like there is an eyelash (I hope) in the white space on the border. Think it's worth it to take it back to Michael's and have them fix?
  • Options
    LaddieLaddie Posts: 302
    I'm proud of this one because I did it myself with materials I got from AC Moore. My friend that teaches photography cut the mat. Its on display proudly in the baby's room!

IMG_5131.JPG

IMG_5132.JPG
  • Options
    SuziemaySuziemay Posts: 11,165
    Laddie wrote:
    I'm proud of this one because I did it myself with materials I got from AC Moore. My friend that teaches photography cut the mat. Its on display proudly in the baby's room!

IMG_5131.JPG

IMG_5132.JPG

I love that bee on the other wall!!
  • Options
    dougfloyddougfloyd Fishers, IN Posts: 2,544
    Laddie wrote:

IMG_5131.JPG

IMG_5132.JPG

That looks really nice, I like it!
    1998 - Noblesville
    2000 - Noblesville
    2010 - Noblesville
    2011 - EV solo St Louis, PJ20 Alpine Valley
    2012 - San Fran (Oracle)
    2013 - Wrigley, Pittsburgh, Buffalo
    2014 - Cincy, St Louis, Detroit
    2016 - Lexington, Wrigley
    2018 - Wrigley
    2022 - Nashville, St Louis
  • Options
    JK36392JK36392 Posts: 840
    Dirty Frankk: what did you use for the ben harper emek? im actually taking that print to the art store tomorrow to get it framed. yours looks nice.
  • Options
    movaughnmovaughn Posts: 1,293
    IMAG0155.jpg

It took me awhile to figure out the image thing.

I framed this myself. My first real framed poster. Bought a Plexiglas frame from Michael's and had a matte custom cut. You cant really see but the color is pretty close to the shade of his suit jacket. I know its crooked but I thought it kinda fit the image.
    Alpine Valley - Jun 26, 1998, Alpine Valley - Oct 08, 2000, Alpine Valley - Jun 21, 2003
    United Center - May 16, 2006, Summerfest - Jun 29, 2006, Summerfest - Jun 30, 2006
    Alpine Valley - Sep 03, 2011, Wrigley Field - July 19, 2013
    Wrigley Field - August 20, 2016, Wrigley Field - August 22, 2016
  • Options
    ahill721ahill721 Posts: 2,071
    movaughn wrote:
    IMAG0155.jpg

It took me awhile to figure out the image thing.

I framed this myself. My first real framed poster. Bought a Plexiglas frame from Michael's and had a matte custom cut. You cant really see but the color is pretty close to the shade of his suit jacket. I know its crooked but I thought it kinda fit the image.

Looks great!!!!
  • Options
    Dirty FrankkDirty Frankk Posts: 4,274
    JK36392 wrote:
    Dirty Frankk: what did you use for the ben harper emek? im actually taking that print to the art store tomorrow to get it framed. yours looks nice.

here is better pics
    benharper2copy.jpg

Great job guys on self made frames :clap: :thumbup:
    CAN'T KEEP CRAZY MARY IN MY TREE NO WAY NOT FOR YOU. ALL THOSE YESTERDAY JEREMY is ALONE, SAD with RATS & BUGS it's HARD TO IMAGINE a JEREMY a BETTER MAN.
    LIFE WASTED, BLOOD on the PORCH, LAST KISS is a WISHLIST DEEP DOWN NOTHING AS IT SEEMS WHY GO COME BACK ALIVE SPIN THE BLACK CIRCLE and SMILE.
  • Options
    Finally finished my project for the PJ20 prints -

PJ20_Ames_1.jpg

PJ20_Klausen_1.jpg
    Pic taken at angle due to glare from windows on opposite wall. Since this was a "standard" store bought frame I plan to upgrade the glass to anti-refelctive/UV glass.
  • Options
    boyo79boyo79 Warrington, UK Posts: 6,525
    Latest purchase :D

312545_10150321203252909_621847908_8058298_590275101_n.jpg
    2000: Manchester
    2006: Dublin; Leeds; Arnhem
    2007: London
    2009: Manchester
    2012: Manchester I & II : EV Manchester : Soundgarden Shepherds Bush
    2013: Brad Manchester : Soundgarden Manchester
    2014: Amsterdam I & II; Berlin; Leeds; Milton Keynes
    2018: Berlin; London II; Boston II

Bootleg Reviews: http://pjbootlegreviews.blogspot.com/
  • Options
    here some details

Emek4.jpg

Emek6.jpg

detail2.jpg

detail1.jpg

and Emek wall
    WallEmek.jpg
    Man, that all looks FANTASTIC!
  • Options
    Those PJ 20 prints look awesome
  • Options
    StevieG73StevieG73 Dublin, Ireland and New Brunswick, Canada Posts: 448

PJ20_Ames_1.jpg

PJ20_Klausen_1.jpg
    Pic taken at angle due to glare from windows on opposite wall. Since this was a "standard" store bought frame I plan to upgrade the glass to anti-refelctive/UV glass.

Wow...great job. What did you use for the PJ20 logo in the middle? And I assume that the top matting was cut so the tickets rest on the bottom mat?
    2000 = Montreal 
    2003 = Montreal
    2005 = Halifax, St. John's Night 1
    2008 = NYC Night 1, 
    2010 = Boston
    2011 = EV - Boston, PJ20 Night 1&2, Toronto
    2012 = EV - Orlando Night 1&2
    2013 = Chicago, Worcester Night 1
    2016 = Boston '16
  • Options
    WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,687

PJ20_Ames_1.jpg

PJ20_Klausen_1.jpg
    most excellent! :thumbup:
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • Options
  • Options
    StevieG73 wrote:
    Wow...great job. What did you use for the PJ20 logo in the middle? And I assume that the top matting was cut so the tickets rest on the bottom mat?
    Thanks, I bought a mat cutter a little while ago and these two are the 4th & 5th prints I've matted. I'm planning to "upgrade" the rest to also be matted.

The PJ20 logo is a sticker that was in the envelope with my 10C tickets (along with the Vault1 cd, etc.). I was going to use the PJ20 patch available in Goods but this looked better. Yes, the tickets are adhered to the bottom mat.

PJ20_Klausen_3-1.jpg
  • Options
    themessengerthemessenger Dallas Posts: 1,320
    StevieG73 wrote:
    Thanks, I bought a mat cutter a little while ago and these two are the 4th & 5th prints I've matted. I'm planning to "upgrade" the rest to also be matted.

The PJ20 logo is a sticker that was in the envelope with my 10C tickets (along with the Vault1 cd, etc.). I was going to use the PJ20 patch available in Goods but this looked better. Yes, the tickets are adhered to the bottom mat.

PJ20_Klausen_3-1.jpg

I like it alot and honestly have plans to frame my Klausen the same way but instead I will use one of the PJ20 stickers I got from the 10c and not the movie one like you did. I liked the wristband idea someone had a few pages back but the sticker looks great inbetween the tickets.
  • Options
    57Goldtop57Goldtop Posts: 218
    Where is a decent reasonably priced place to take your poster to get framed? I have a bunch in need.
  • Options
    pjradiopjradio Posts: 6,704
    StevieG73 wrote:

PJ20_Klausen_3-1.jpg

I like it alot and honestly have plans to frame my Klausen the same way but instead I will use one of the PJ20 stickers I got from the 10c and not the movie one like you did. I liked the wristband idea someone had a few pages back but the sticker looks great inbetween the tickets.

awesome job
    aqo2t.jpg
  • Options
    pjradiopjradio Posts: 6,704
    57Goldtop wrote:
    Where is a decent reasonably priced place to take your poster to get framed? I have a bunch in need.

my local Michaels does a good job....look for their 50-70% off framing coupons!
    aqo2t.jpg