Options

framed poster thread

Comments

• Options
    StevieG73StevieG73 Dublin, Ireland and New Brunswick, Canada Posts: 448
    Loulou wrote:
    Really excited, :D:D:D:D dropped my Jermaine Rogers, 'Soldier of Peace' (sparkley) foil print off at the framers yesterday. Can't wait to see how it turns out!! :)

Please post some pics when you get this back...I have the same print and curious to see what it looks like framed.
    2000 = Montreal 
    2003 = Montreal
    2005 = Halifax, St. John's Night 1
    2008 = NYC Night 1, 
    2010 = Boston
    2011 = EV - Boston, PJ20 Night 1&2, Toronto
    2012 = EV - Orlando Night 1&2
    2013 = Chicago, Worcester Night 1
    2016 = Boston '16
  • Options
    LoulouLoulou Adelaide Posts: 6,247
    StevieG73 wrote:
    Loulou wrote:
    Really excited, :D:D:D:D dropped my Jermaine Rogers, 'Soldier of Peace' (sparkley) foil print off at the framers yesterday. Can't wait to see how it turns out!! :)

Please post some pics when you get this back...I have the same print and curious to see what it looks like framed.
    Cool, will do! :)
    Yeah I really wasn't sure what kind of frame to go for, at the framers she was showing me this really nice coffee bean coloured wooden frame that has this really nice sliver lining on the inside. I think (I hope) it will look good.
    “ "Thank you Palestrina. It’s a wonderful evening, it’s great to be here and I wanna dedicate you a super sexy song." " (last words of Mark Sandman of Morphine)

Adelaide 1998
    Adelaide 2003
    Adelaide 2006 night 1
    Adelaide 2006 night 2
    Adelaide 2009
    Melbourne 2009
    Christchurch NZ 2009
    Eddie Vedder, Adelaide 2011
    PJ20 USA 2011 night 1
    PJ20 USA 2011 night 2
    Adelaide BIG DAY OUT 2014
  • Options
    SuziemaySuziemay Posts: 11,165
    Loulou wrote:
    StevieG73 wrote:
    Loulou wrote:

Cool, will do! :)
    Yeah I really wasn't sure what kind of frame to go for, at the framers she was showing me this really nice coffee bean coloured wooden frame that has this really nice sliver lining on the inside. I think (I hope) it will look good.

Oh yes, please share when it's ready! I got the shiny non-sparkly one and it got squished :cry::cry::cry: Guess I wasn't equipped to handle multiple posters without proper poster tubes. So I need to live vicariously through others' lovely shiny prints.
  • Options
    LoulouLoulou Adelaide Posts: 6,247
    Suziemay wrote:
    Oh yes, please share when it's ready! I got the shiny non-sparkly one and it got squished :cry::cry::cry: Guess I wasn't equipped to handle multiple posters without proper poster tubes. So I need to live vicariously through others' lovely shiny prints.
    Awww :( Sorry to hear that. Nevermind.
    I tell you it was no easy job travelling back to Oz with the 3x PJ20 posters as well as this one and 3 others! :roll: Husband and I went a little crazy at the poster convention stall. :lol: We also had a hand-painted piece from Disneyland to carry back too, the flight attendants were really nice thank goodness and let us take it on the plane.
    “ "Thank you Palestrina. It’s a wonderful evening, it’s great to be here and I wanna dedicate you a super sexy song." " (last words of Mark Sandman of Morphine)

Adelaide 1998
    Adelaide 2003
    Adelaide 2006 night 1
    Adelaide 2006 night 2
    Adelaide 2009
    Melbourne 2009
    Christchurch NZ 2009
    Eddie Vedder, Adelaide 2011
    PJ20 USA 2011 night 1
    PJ20 USA 2011 night 2
    Adelaide BIG DAY OUT 2014
  • Options
    SuziemaySuziemay Posts: 11,165
    Loulou wrote:
    Suziemay wrote:
    Awww :( Sorry to hear that. Nevermind.
    I tell you it was no easy job travelling back to Oz with the 3x PJ20 posters as well as this one and 3 others! :roll: Husband and I went a little crazy at the poster convention stall. :lol: We also had a hand-painted piece from Disneyland to carry back too, the flight attendants were really nice thank goodness and let us take it on the plane.

It's okay, I probably shouldn't have bought so many prints. All of them survived pretty much unscathed except for this, Jermaine did warn me that they were delicate. Or maybe the word was temperamental. I got it on Sunday when there were no tubes and UPS only had those skinny ass tubes. I'm going to flatten and if the creases don't look visible I might frame anyway; it's just probably not worth nearly what I paid for it but who cares if I never intended to let go of it anyway :mrgreen: So pics of yours will definitely inspire some framing action!
  • Options
    I'm stoked!! Just got home and had my poster portfolio I ordered from Jerry's Artarama waiting for me on my doorstep!!

I'm going to crack open a beer, turn on the PJ tunes and start pulling out all the posters I have just sitting in poster tubes and putting them into my new portfolio!

RM
  • Options
    BLACK35BLACK35 Hanover, Ontario Posts: 22,589
    I'm stoked!! Just got home and had my poster portfolio I ordered from Jerry's Artarama waiting for me on my doorstep!!

I'm going to crack open a beer, turn on the PJ tunes and start pulling out all the posters I have just sitting in poster tubes and putting them into my new portfolio!

RM

Did the portfolie come with sleeves and if it did, how many? Looking to order one myself. Also what size did you order?
    2005 - London
    2009 - Toronto
    2010 - Buffalo
    2011 - Toronto 1&2
    2013 - London, Pittsburgh, Buffalo
    2014 - Cincinnati, St. Louis, Detroit
    2016 - Ft. Lauderdale, Miami, Ottawa, Toronto 1
    2018 - Fenway 1&2
    2022 - Hamilton, Toronto
    2023 - Chicago 1&2
    2024 - Las Vegas 1&2
  • Options
    BLACK35 wrote:

RM

Did the portfolie come with sleeves and if it did, how many? Looking to order one myself. Also what size did you order?

im looking for one too so any ordering info would be great. i have 9 sitting in my closet with tons of other posters i have collected through the year
  • Options
    shepshep Houston Posts: 5,659

Thanks Niko! Make sure you share some pictures of that EMEK foil you got in Edmonton when it's all done up...

I was really hoping I might get the EMEK at one of my shows.... no dice... though I do like the munk one, and I'm hoping I can snag the BK variant today... fingers crossed...
    Houston, Texas... Believe it or not, there are 7 million people here... must be a couple of fans who'd love to see you play.
  • Options
    MSnider44MSnider44 San Diego Posts: 746
    2011-09-30_09-56-50_919.jpg
  • Options
    MSnider44MSnider44 San Diego Posts: 746
    Just moved. Got a wall where I can now put all 3 together. Me likey.

2011-09-30_10-14-57_743.jpg
  • Options
    dougfloyddougfloyd Fishers, IN Posts: 2,544
    MSnider44 wrote:
    2011-09-30_09-56-50_919.jpg

Sweet, looks nice!
    1998 - Noblesville
    2000 - Noblesville
    2010 - Noblesville
    2011 - EV solo St Louis, PJ20 Alpine Valley
    2012 - San Fran (Oracle)
    2013 - Wrigley, Pittsburgh, Buffalo
    2014 - Cincy, St Louis, Detroit
    2016 - Lexington, Wrigley
    2018 - Wrigley
    2022 - Nashville, St Louis
  • Options
    Rock_Princess_18Rock_Princess_18 Chicago, IL Posts: 304
    photo2hu.jpg

photodso.jpg

oh wow... i'm drooling lol that looks fantastic! :shock: :shock: :thumbup: :thumbup:
    "All the things that others want for me.. can't buy what I want because it's free!"

9/13/2005 Hamilton, ON; 9/19/2005 Toronto, ON; 5/10/2006 Toronto, ON; 6/23/2006 Pittsburgh, PA; 8/5/2007 Chicago, IL; 6/24/2008 New York, NY; 6/25/2008 New York, NY; 8/21/2009 Toronto, ON; 8/23/2009 Chicago, IL; 8/24/2009 Chicago, IL; 5/9/2010 Cleveland, OH; 5/10/2010 Buffalo, NY; 5/20/2010 New York, NY; 5/21/2010 New York, NY; 9/3/2011 Alpine Valley, WI; 9/4/2011 Alpine Valley, WI; 9/11/2011 Toronto, ON; 9/12/2011 Toronto, ON; 9/15/2011 Hamilton, ON; 9/2/2012 Philadelphia, PA; 10/12/2013 Buffalo, NY; 10/18/2013 Brooklyn, NY; 10/19/2013 Brooklyn, NY; 10/17/2014 Moline, IL; 10/20/2014 Milwaukee, WI; 4/18/2016 Hampton, VA; 4/21/2016 Columbia, SC; 5/1/2016 New York, NY; 5/2/2016 New York, NY; 8/20/2016 Chicago, IL; 8/22/2016 Chicago, IL
  • Options
  • Options
    Dirty FrankkDirty Frankk Posts: 4,274
    edited October 2011
    Post edited by Dirty Frankk on
    CAN'T KEEP CRAZY MARY IN MY TREE NO WAY NOT FOR YOU. ALL THOSE YESTERDAY JEREMY is ALONE, SAD with RATS & BUGS it's HARD TO IMAGINE a JEREMY a BETTER MAN.
    LIFE WASTED, BLOOD on the PORCH, LAST KISS is a WISHLIST DEEP DOWN NOTHING AS IT SEEMS WHY GO COME BACK ALIVE SPIN THE BLACK CIRCLE and SMILE.
  • Options
    pjradiopjradio Posts: 6,704
    Some new / old stuff

Portugal5.jpg

my buddy has that poster framed as well....I like yours better
    aqo2t.jpg
  • Options
    Not PJ but my new 2 favorite artists:

Munk One with Soundgarden, I never thought I'll have a gold frame in my house...but I like this one so much ;)

Soundgarden1.jpg

Soundgarden4.jpg

and Ken Taylor - Mogwai
    It's not easy to match colors like this in the frame shop

Mogwai1.jpg
    Mogwai3.jpg
    CAN'T KEEP CRAZY MARY IN MY TREE NO WAY NOT FOR YOU. ALL THOSE YESTERDAY JEREMY is ALONE, SAD with RATS & BUGS it's HARD TO IMAGINE a JEREMY a BETTER MAN.
    LIFE WASTED, BLOOD on the PORCH, LAST KISS is a WISHLIST DEEP DOWN NOTHING AS IT SEEMS WHY GO COME BACK ALIVE SPIN THE BLACK CIRCLE and SMILE.
  • Options
    maynardsuxmaynardsux Posts: 1,086
    mfc2006 wrote:
    Screenshot2011-09-22at22317PM.png
    photo-17.jpg

Hey Matt, is that the FOIL Beatles from jermaine, or just the regular print?....i picked up the foil one from him a few months ago, just trying to determine how it would look best framed (my first foil) :D
    '93 Toronto
    '94 Detroit
    '10 Columbus
    '11 Detroit (Eddie solo), Toronto 1 and 2, Ottawa, Hamilton
    '13 London, Pittsburgh, Buffalo
    '14 Detroit
    '16 Ottawa, Toronto 1 and 2, Chicago 1 and 2
    '18 Chicago 1 and 2
    '22 Hamilton, Toronto
  • Options
    pjradiopjradio Posts: 6,704
    Not PJ but my new 2 favorite artists:

Munk One with Soundgarden, I never thought I'll have a gold frame in my house...but I like this one so much ;)

Soundgarden1.jpg

Soundgarden4.jpg

and Ken Taylor - Mogwai
    It's not easy to match colors like this in the frame shop

Mogwai1.jpg
    Mogwai3.jpg

intially Gold wouldn't be my first choice but, That looks Great!!! Very VEGASY! good job
    aqo2t.jpg
  • Options
    pjradio wrote:

intially Gold wouldn't be my first choice but, That looks Great!!! Very VEGASY! good job

I know, It wasn't my first choice too, but for Vegas is perfect and Munk signature and sweet number 2/100 is in big gold marker ;)
  • Options
    shepshep Houston Posts: 5,659
    pjradio wrote:

I know, It wasn't my first choice too, but for Vegas is perfect and Munk signature and sweet number 2/100 is in big gold marker ;)

Lol... yea, he signed all the Toronto night 1 posters with the same gold marker... I'm going to take mine in soon... hopefully.... depending on this whole house puchasing thing goes...

I like your use of the really narrow mats Niko... I've never seen anyone do it like that before you showed us that Toronto 09.... but you're really big on them hey? ;)

The portugal is really nice as well. I am so gutted with myself that I just passed on the opportunity to buy a Mansfield 98 because of this whole house thing... I wanted it bad...

Make sure you get that EMEK foil up on the wall soon! I want to see some pictures!
    Houston, Texas... Believe it or not, there are 7 million people here... must be a couple of fans who'd love to see you play.
  • Options
    shep wrote:
    Make sure you get that EMEK foil up on the wall soon! I want to see some pictures!

It's in the frame shop as we speak...can't wait to see it finish
    I also have EV Minneapolis and one Rich Kelly poster to be done ;)
  • Options
    themessengerthemessenger Dallas Posts: 1,320
    pjradio wrote:

It looks awesome, perfect choice for that particular poster. I like how you match the colors so well with the frames and mats; mine are just a thick black frame with no matting and I wish I would have done way more research and seen examples like yours before throwing so much money into what I've done with mine. I still think mine look great but damn your posters are sexy! :D
  • Options
    shep wrote:

I like your use of the really narrow mats Niko... I've never seen anyone do it like that before you showed us that Toronto 09.... but you're really big on them hey? ;)

!

That is double wood frame (smaller frame inside the bigger one glued together as one)
    I use that usually because I can't match the mats colors. Sometimes it's works really well, you'll see ED Minneapolis I did a same thing ;)
  • Options
    dougfloyddougfloyd Fishers, IN Posts: 2,544
    Just finished up the rest of this over the weekend and got everything on the wall in my office:

415183187.jpg

415184249.jpg

415184818.jpg
    1998 - Noblesville
    2000 - Noblesville
    2010 - Noblesville
    2011 - EV solo St Louis, PJ20 Alpine Valley
    2012 - San Fran (Oracle)
    2013 - Wrigley, Pittsburgh, Buffalo
    2014 - Cincy, St Louis, Detroit
    2016 - Lexington, Wrigley
    2018 - Wrigley
    2022 - Nashville, St Louis
  • Options
    ItIsAllAboutPJItIsAllAboutPJ S.B., CA Posts: 829
    Great way to display all the stickers and sundry! Way better than sitting in a drawer.
    I need to take the time to do something like that.
  • Options
    Emek Edmonton Foil Edition finally at home ;) it's huge!

Emek5.jpg

Emek3.jpg

Emek2.jpg
  • Options
    arqarq Posts: 7,940

Emek5.jpg

Emek3.jpg

Emek2.jpg

I don't like it... is too great :P
    "The good thing about science is that it's true whether or not you believe in it"
    Neil deGrasse Tyson

Why not (V) (°,,,,°) (V) ?
  • Options
    here some details

Emek4.jpg

Emek6.jpg

It's a wood frame, on the side is black and front is silver, only one mat with white line (cut)
    detail2.jpg

detail1.jpg

and Emek wall
    WallEmek.jpg
  • Options
    71step2871step28 Hamburg Posts: 2,249

Emek5.jpg

Emek3.jpg

Emek2.jpg
    :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: It is not only huge, it is AMAZING, Niko!!!!
    I don't know why but I'm not into that poster, not into the normal "grey" one, but I really like the foil!!! The colours are so beautiful!