Options

framed poster thread

Comments

• Options
    doomponydoompony Wellington, NZ Posts: 4,497
    bm12music wrote:
    RedPJ wrote:
    bm12music wrote:
    Just got my Klausen Christchurch back from the framer: http://i150.photobucket.com/albums/s114 ... G_0001.jpg

Man, looks great. wish i was smart enough to have gotten my tickets and pick framed with it. dammit!!!

awesome job...

mines just in a black frame.. UV glass though!
    Cheers mate, good to hear from another Kiwi fan! Which pic did you get? I got Jeff's sweat band from Brissy and stil trying to work out how display it? I wasn't too sure about including the ticket but glad I did in the end. Just found my 98 stub the other day so might try and get it added to this: http://i150.photobucket.com/albums/s114 ... G_0587.jpg

i have that bad boy up in my hallway
  • Options
    maverickmaverick Posts: 1,187
    Anybody frame the recent London Klausen yet or have ideas on mat color ideas? I'm thinking one of the two mats should be white or silver, but not sure what other color to use for the second mat, and which color should be the top mat and which should be the lower thinner one?
  • Options
    shepshep Houston Posts: 5,659
    joe2468 wrote:

you didnt get your yet ??? i got mine a few weeks ago ..... you might want to send him an email ..UNLESS you bought it from his facebook sale

Got mine through his facebook sale... he sent me a shipping notification a couple of days ago, cause I actually wound up buying 3 prints through the facebook sales... It might actually be here as of today, my apartment complex told me they needed me to come down and pick shit up....

Can't wait to see the doodle/embossing... i hope it's killer after the price I paid...

Will be taking either my NOLA AP or Hartford AP to the framer in the coming weeks, along with my Toronto 09 (it is currently on the wall, however I obtained an AP just a week or so ago, and want to replace the glass with museum grade, so I am planning on taking to the framer at the same time).... hopefully it will all have sexy results!
    Houston, Texas... Believe it or not, there are 7 million people here... must be a couple of fans who'd love to see you play.
  • Options
    lake025.jpg

all cheap walmart frames :D

This needs to be put in a proper frame with conservation EVERYTHING! Someone support me on this!

Congrats on the collection.
    Houston, Texas... Believe it or not, there are 7 million people here... must be a couple of fans who'd love to see you play.
  • Options
    jimbojones1138jimbojones1138 Posts: 3,640
    it's largely due to eddie that i liked to jump off of things as a child...
  • Options

nice... that must have cost a fortune... where did you get it done?

was thinking about doing something like that with the 4 new Klausens... however there is only one wall in the house it would fit on, and the girlfriend has this tacky pottery-barn crap on it that she won't let me take down...
  • Options
    shep wrote:

nice... that must have cost a fortune... where did you get it done?

was thinking about doing something like that with the 4 new Klausens... however there is only one wall in the house it would fit on, and the girlfriend has this tacky pottery-barn crap on it that she won't let me take down...

got it done in toms river, nj...rt 37 before crossing bridge to sleazeside heights...it cost about 425...i had asked what museum glass would run on that, she said $300 just for the glass... so i had opted for the 99% uv protected glass...its a pretty big piece. this aspect of pj collecting is soooo expensive... but hey they look great... my gf already says that my pj stuff isnt allowed on the walls of "our"/HER place once we get an apartment...
  • Options
    maverick wrote:
    Anybody frame the recent London Klausen yet or have ideas on mat color ideas? I'm thinking one of the two mats should be white or silver, but not sure what other color to use for the second mat, and which color should be the top mat and which should be the lower thinner one?

I was gonna go with a thin red and then a thicker white mount.
  • Options
    BLACK35BLACK35 Hanover, Ontario Posts: 22,579
    2005 - London
    2009 - Toronto
    2010 - Buffalo
    2011 - Toronto 1&2
    2013 - London, Pittsburgh, Buffalo
    2014 - Cincinnati, St. Louis, Detroit
    2016 - Ft. Lauderdale, Miami, Ottawa, Toronto 1
    2018 - Fenway 1&2
    2022 - Hamilton, Toronto
    2023 - Chicago 1&2
  • Options

got it done in toms river, nj...rt 37 before crossing bridge to sleazeside heights...it cost about 425...i had asked what museum glass would run on that, she said $300 just for the glass... so i had opted for the 99% uv protected glass...its a pretty big piece. this aspect of pj collecting is soooo expensive... but hey they look great... my gf already says that my pj stuff isnt allowed on the walls of "our"/HER place once we get an apartment...

:lol: ... I fight that battle at the start of every tour with my girlfriend...

Currently on my walls at he house is an ACL 09 (waterpistol squirt gun), Toronto 09, and an MSG 08 (red version).... not to mention the Tool Houston 08, EMEK's 2007 Coachella, a Houston DMB 07, and a handbill of EMEK's The Bee.... and I've already talked her into letting me do one from this tour (either the Hartford or NOLA, the Boston was out cause she didn't like the colours/image)..... The trick is to make sure it matches the room decor and splurge on the expensive wood frames... my girlfriend appreciates the care I put into the frame job...

Personally, I am partial to the Museum glass, but you're right on a piece that size the price isn't feasible... that's kind of why I was asking, i know the museum is expensive and was wondering how much the glass might run...

I do like it though, looks real sharp...

As Justin Hampton told me a couple of days back when I showed him an old Audioslave piece I have framed (and in storage because it's got a naked woman on it and the girlfriend completely vetoed that one, even though it holds a lot of sentimentality for me :cry: ) "If she won't let you put it up, dump her and get a new one" :lol:
  • Options
    ok... so i was the one who bought this off of some guy on ebay (it was posted here on the forum w his link)... claiming it was very rare... not really sure, I prolly got raped... 11X14.

this is the frame it arrived in, but i need to get it reframed... its got plexiglass instead... so i am thinking of redoing w the museum on this one...

http://i997.photobucket.com/albums/af96/jimbojones1138/017.jpg
  • Options
    CJMST3KCJMST3K Posts: 9,722
    shep wrote:
    lake025.jpg

This needs to be put in a proper frame with conservation EVERYTHING! Someone support me on this!

I agree! ...and it should be done during my next GROUP POSTER FRAMING SPECIAL. :)

Details to come soon, after I finish framing this lot of 75 posters. :shock:
    ADD 5,200 to the post count you see, thank you. :)
    *NYC 9/28/96 *NYC 9/29/96 *NJ 9/8/98 (front row "may i play drums with you")
    *MSG 9/10/98 (backstage) *MSG 9/11/98 (backstage)
    *Jones Beach 8/23/00 *Jones Beach 8/24/00 *Jones Beach 8/25/00
    *Mansfield 8/29/00 *Mansfield 8/30/00 *Nassau 4/30/03 *Nissan VA 7/1/03
    *Borgata 10/1/05 *Camden 5/27/06 *Camden 5/28/06 *DC 5/30/06
    *VA Beach 6/17/08 *DC 6/22/08 *MSG 6/24/08 (backstage) *MSG 6/25/08
    *EV DC 8/17/08 *EV Baltimore 6/15/09 *Philly 10/31/09
    *Bristow VA 5/13/10 *MSG 5/20/10 *MSG 5/21/10
  • Options
    lockedlocked Boston Posts: 4,007
    anybody frame the adelaide 2009 quala bear poster yet?

That's next on my list!

would love to see some ideas..!
    "This here's a REQUEST!"
    EV intro to Chloe Dancer / Crown of Thorns
    10/25/13 Hartford
  • Options
    FenwayFaithfulFenwayFaithful Posts: 8,626
    CJMST3K wrote:
    shep wrote:
    lake025.jpg

I agree! ...and it should be done during my next GROUP POSTER FRAMING SPECIAL. :)

Details to come soon, after I finish framing this lot of 75 posters. :shock:
    Awesome posters. But you guys are right, those two deserve better.
    "FF, I've heard the droning about the Sawx being the baby dolls. Yeah, I get it, you guys invented baseball and suffered forever. I get it." -JearlPam0925
  • Options
    SpagsSpags Leigh-on-Sea, UK Posts: 2,984
    Love it! :lol: Better than staying in the tube I guess...
    Nature drunk and High
  • Options
    locked wrote:

That's next on my list!

There is definitely one of these done further back, can remember looking at it... would quote it for you, but I'm far too lazy to go digging back through... feel free to quote it when you find it though! I remember it being a nice framejob, with a ticket stub and a pick maybe? It definitely wasn't just the poster, ticket stub was included for sure...
  • Options
    primussucksprimussucks Posts: 2,356
    all cheap walmart frames :D[/quote]

Congrats on the collection.[/quote]

Details to come soon, after I finish framing this lot of 75 posters. :shock:[/quote]
    Awesome posters. But you guys are right, those two deserve better.[/quote]

I know you guys are right! They use to be just up on my wall with sticky stuff for several years! I bought these at the shows! Wish I still had my 03 Alpine poster! Traded it in 05 for a red Canada 05 tour hoodie. Bad mistake!!!! Cant really afford to get professionaly framed right now. Spent alot of money on parents 40th anniversary party! Thats why my sealed Bennaroya Hall is on ebay right now.
    Summerfest 7/8/95
    Missoula 6/20/98
    Alpine Valley 6/26/98 & 6/27/98
    Alpine Valley 10/8/00 
    Champaign 4/23/03
    Alpine Valley 6/21/03
    Missoula 8/29/05
    Chicago 5/16 & 17/06
    Grand Rapids 5/19/06
    Summerfest 6/29/06 & 6/30/06
    Tampa 6/12/08
    Chicago 8/23/09
    Indy 5/7/10
    Alpine Valley x2 2011
    Wrigley 2013
    Milwaukee 14
    Telluride 16
  • Options
    aus_suzaus_suz Posts: 9,364

Congrats on the collection.[/quote]

Details to come soon, after I finish framing this lot of 75 posters. :shock:[/quote]
    Awesome posters. But you guys are right, those two deserve better.[/quote]

I know you guys are right! They use to be just up on my wall with sticky stuff for several years! I bought these at the shows! Wish I still had my 03 Alpine poster! Traded it in 05 for a red Canada 05 tour hoodie. Bad mistake!!!! Cant really afford to get professionaly framed right now. Spent alot of money on parents 40th anniversary party! Thats why my sealed Bennaroya Hall is on ebay right now.[/quote]

Are u anti pop...........
    I wished u lived in Australia........... I would buy it off u .... :)
    I'm sure it will go to a good home :)
  • Options
    weekapaug19weekapaug19 Posts: 2,279
    did a quick look around but didn't see anything.....anybody frame SLC 09 by themselves, not ordering a custom frame? The print is alittle under 18x24, so the only thing I can think of is custom frame but I don't want to spend that much $ at the moment, just want to toss it in a simple black frame
  • Options
    CJMST3KCJMST3K Posts: 9,722
    shep wrote:
    locked wrote:

That's next on my list!

There is definitely one of these done further back, can remember looking at it... would quote it for you, but I'm far too lazy to go digging back through... feel free to quote it when you find it though! I remember it being a nice framejob, with a ticket stub and a pick maybe? It definitely wasn't just the poster, ticket stub was included for sure...

I'm framing an Adelaide now as part of my PJ Poster Framing Special. I'm still working on all 75 frames, but in the next 2 weeks or so I should have photos online of many of the 75, including that one. :)
    ADD 5,200 to the post count you see, thank you. :)
    *NYC 9/28/96 *NYC 9/29/96 *NJ 9/8/98 (front row "may i play drums with you")
    *MSG 9/10/98 (backstage) *MSG 9/11/98 (backstage)
    *Jones Beach 8/23/00 *Jones Beach 8/24/00 *Jones Beach 8/25/00
    *Mansfield 8/29/00 *Mansfield 8/30/00 *Nassau 4/30/03 *Nissan VA 7/1/03
    *Borgata 10/1/05 *Camden 5/27/06 *Camden 5/28/06 *DC 5/30/06
    *VA Beach 6/17/08 *DC 6/22/08 *MSG 6/24/08 (backstage) *MSG 6/25/08
    *EV DC 8/17/08 *EV Baltimore 6/15/09 *Philly 10/31/09
    *Bristow VA 5/13/10 *MSG 5/20/10 *MSG 5/21/10
  • Options
    Dirty FrankkDirty Frankk Posts: 4,274
    Some new frames

Easy Street, Klausen
    EasyStreet1.jpg

Christchurch, Klausen
    Chrch.jpg

together
    P7319019.jpg

old stuff
    http://s159.photobucket.com/albums/t149/ninodu/
    CAN'T KEEP CRAZY MARY IN MY TREE NO WAY NOT FOR YOU. ALL THOSE YESTERDAY JEREMY is ALONE, SAD with RATS & BUGS it's HARD TO IMAGINE a JEREMY a BETTER MAN.
    LIFE WASTED, BLOOD on the PORCH, LAST KISS is a WISHLIST DEEP DOWN NOTHING AS IT SEEMS WHY GO COME BACK ALIVE SPIN THE BLACK CIRCLE and SMILE.
  • Options
    CROJAM95CROJAM95 Posts: 9,491
    Some new frames

Easy Street, Klausen
    EasyStreet1.jpg

Christchurch, Klausen
    Chrch.jpg

together
    P7319019.jpg

old stuff

Those 2 look amazing........Bravo

I should be able to post pics of Evel Rocket, Adelaide '09, and Msg2 '10......as soon as they come in

After that I have my LA Joker, and a Poland '10 to get framed. I'm officially out of control :lol:
  • Options
    ComeToTXComeToTX Austin Posts: 7,644
    ahill721 wrote:

looks great but is that a star wars pillow? are you 9? ;)
    This show, another show, a show here and a show there.
  • Options
    JV130312JV130312 STATE OF LOVE & TRUST Posts: 2,418
    [\\quote="
    \Dirty Frankk"]Some new frames

Easy Street, Klausen
    EasyStreet1.jpg

Christchurch, Klausen
    Chrch.jpg

together
    P7319019.jpg

old stuff\
    http://s159.photobucket.com/albums/t149/ninodu/[/quote] I love the Easy Street frame job!! Not crazy about the red frame on the christchurch, but I like the work.
    I Know All The Rules But The Rules Do Not Know Me.
  • Options
    doomponydoompony Wellington, NZ Posts: 4,497
    4847517752_48be5c51bf.jpg

nothing fancy going on here - could only afford the basic frame and even then only with a discount. only my 3rd poster and the only show that i didn't actually go to (hence only having 3 in total). i couldn't let this one go unpurchased because it was love at first sight and i have a soft spot for canada.

ohhh caaaanaaaaaaaadaaaaaaaa
  • Options
    Some new frames

Easy Street, Klausen
    EasyStreet1.jpg

Christchurch, Klausen
    Chrch.jpg

together
    P7319019.jpg

old stuff

They look great, love the red frames, really make them stand out. :thumbup:
    2005 - London
    2009 - Toronto
    2010 - Buffalo
    2011 - Toronto 1&2
    2018 - Fenway 1&2
    2022 - Hamilton, Toronto
    2023 - Chicago 1&2
  • Options
    doompony wrote:

nothing fancy going on here - could only afford the basic frame and even then only with a discount. only my 3rd poster and the only show that i didn't actually go to (hence only having 3 in total). i couldn't let this one go unpurchased because it was love at first sight and i have a soft spot for canada.

Nice job, this was the first poster i bought, got it framed a couple of months ago, looks very similar to what you got done. Just don't know how to post pics on here, or would upload it.

Very COOL poster though
    2005 - London
    2009 - Toronto
    2010 - Buffalo
    2011 - Toronto 1&2
    2018 - Fenway 1&2
    2022 - Hamilton, Toronto
    2023 - Chicago 1&2
  • Options
    Some new frames

Easy Street, Klausen
    EasyStreet1.jpg

old stuff

Nice job on the easy street. It's really striking...

As for the rest of the collection... man... I thought my house was bad, but I'm going to show my girlfriend your collection next time she argues against me framing a new PJ print :lol:

Also, please let me know your exact address so I can come over steal all 3 of those EMEK's that are on your wall... :D

doompony wrote:

It might be simple, but it looks real sharp. I think putting it against that red wall really gives it a pop. I'm going to be redoing my Toronto sometime in the near future... i recently got an AP, and I want to upgrade the glass to to the anti-glare.... I only got the UV glass the first time round, and I really regret it...
  • Options
    BigWave88BigWave88 Posts: 366
    If this has been posted my apologies but I read through about 60 pages on this post and I couldn't make it through the other 200. :D I have roughly 20 posters and I want to frame about 10 of them. I want to do them myself but I am starting this process from scratch. I am looking for some insight on the best way to approach this. I am thinking I need to invest in a good matt cutter. Any recommondations? Also, what is the best site to buy frames, matts, glass etc.? I started the process of looking but it is overwhelming. I like the sites that you can import your poster and test matt colors against them but my fear is the colors might not show true. Any insight for a newcommer in framing is greatly appreciated.