Options

framed poster thread

Comments

• Options
    CROJAM95CROJAM95 Posts: 9,492
    aus_suz wrote:
    CROJAM95 wrote:
    These are a couple of posters I sent to The Hoff. He did an outstanding job and I am very happy with the outcome! :D I'm sure he will post higher quality pictures but I couldnt wait to show them off!

koala.jpg
    koalacorner.jpg

ved2a.jpg
    vedcorner.jpg

From memory cos I havent looked at mine for a while is the Adelaide/MadMaxKoala one smaller
    than what it should be??

I believe it's 24x18.... It's just horizontal. I put it over my fire place :) ..... Looks awesome
  • Options
    aus_suzaus_suz Posts: 9,364
    Nice :)
  • Options
    Citizen ZackCitizen Zack Posts: 1,763
    Just started collecting/framing this summer. Wanted to wait until they were all framed before posting and I picked up Hartford from the framers today. The bottom 2 are just 11x17 prints in cheap poster frames.

061.jpg051.jpg

DSCN0250.jpgDSCN0249.jpg

058.jpg057.jpg
    "Most men lead lives of quiet desperation and go to the grave with the song still in them." - Thoreau

No time to be void, or save up on life, you've got to spend it all
  • Options
    shepshep Houston Posts: 5,659
    Just started collecting/framing this summer. Wanted to wait until they were all framed before posting and I picked up Hartford from the framers today. The bottom 2 are just 11x17 prints in cheap poster frames.

061.jpg051.jpg

DSCN0250.jpgDSCN0249.jpg

058.jpg057.jpg

Hey man, where do you get your framing done in Houston? I live here as well, just curious....

Also, as an odd side note I went to the shows in Hartford and Boston as well...

Still waiting for my Hartford to show up from Hampton... it's been so long now it's getting painful... I am planning on framing it when it finally shows up...

I like that red mat you used on the Hartford... thanks for the ideas!
    Houston, Texas... Believe it or not, there are 7 million people here... must be a couple of fans who'd love to see you play.
  • Options

061.jpg051.jpg

DSCN0250.jpgDSCN0249.jpg

058.jpg057.jpg

Great Job!!

I picked up Gdynia and Emek Soundgarden today from the framers, pics coming soon
  • Options
    shep wrote:

061.jpg051.jpg

DSCN0250.jpgDSCN0249.jpg

058.jpg057.jpg

Hey man, where do you get your framing done in Houston? I live here as well, just curious....

Also, as an odd side note I went to the shows in Hartford and Boston as well...

Still waiting for my Hartford to show up from Hampton... it's been so long now it's getting painful... I am planning on framing it when it finally shows up...

I like that red mat you used on the Hartford... thanks for the ideas!

Hey, thanks for the comments. I had the '03 San Antonio, '09 Austin, and '10 Hartford done at Hobby Lobby. There's probably more than 1 in Houston, but I went to the one 610 South on the West side of town (I live near the Galleria so this is the closest for me). They did a great job on mine and I got them all done while they were running 1/2 off sales - which they do about every other week it seems - so they ran me about $100 each. Not too bad.

The '10 Boston was done at Michael's - I went to the one on Westheimer at Voss. They had a 1/2 off matting sale so I bought that, then went later in the week to get the frame separate during a 40% off sale. It's a standard 22x28 frame that you can get off the shelf. It worked perfect for that size poster because it was cheap and I ended up with even borders all around without doing it custom.

Hobby Lobby though has been really great. The service is always good and they constantly have sales. And yes, I LOVE how the red matting turned out on the Hartford print. They did a great job helping me pick out colors. Hope that helps.

That's awesome that you were at the Hartford and Boston shows too. I used to live up in Providence so it was a good excuse to go back and visit.
    "Most men lead lives of quiet desperation and go to the grave with the song still in them." - Thoreau

• Options

Hey, thanks for the comments. I had the '03 San Antonio, '09 Austin, and '10 Hartford done at Hobby Lobby. There's probably more than 1 in Houston, but I went to the one 610 South on the West side of town (I live near the Galleria so this is the closest for me). They did a great job on mine and I got them all done while they were running 1/2 off sales - which they do about every other week it seems - so they ran me about $100 each. Not too bad.

The '10 Boston was done at Michael's - I went to the one on Westheimer at Voss. They had a 1/2 off matting sale so I bought that, then went later in the week to get the frame separate during a 40% off sale. It's a standard 22x28 frame that you can get off the shelf. It worked perfect for that size poster because it was cheap and I ended up with even borders all around without doing it custom.

Hobby Lobby though has been really great. The service is always good and they constantly have sales. And yes, I LOVE how the red matting turned out on the Hartford print. They did a great job helping me pick out colors. Hope that helps.

That's awesome that you were at the Hartford and Boston shows too. I used to live up in Providence so it was a good excuse to go back and visit.

Kool, thanks for the info.

I usually go to the Michael's at Bunker Hill (even though I live in the Montrose area). I've got a good working relationship with the guy that manages the custom framing shop, his name is John. He used to own his own shop, but shut it down cause he wasn't getting the business he needed and went to work for michael's.... needless to say, he is the only person in the shop I work with and don't let anyone else touch my art. He has a really good eye and takes good care of my prints when I bring them in (i.e. no tape, works with the high quality mats only, etc)... anyway, it works out well....

I also have the S/N Austin on my wall.... I recently got the set-list through Paul's charity auction... I plan on taking it in to put it in the frame in the same scheme as the poster itself... :D
    Houston, Texas... Believe it or not, there are 7 million people here... must be a couple of fans who'd love to see you play.
  • Options
    shep wrote:

Kool, thanks for the info.

I usually go to the Michael's at Bunker Hill (even though I live in the Montrose area). I've got a good working relationship with the guy that manages the custom framing shop, his name is John. He used to own his own shop, but shut it down cause he wasn't getting the business he needed and went to work for michael's.... needless to say, he is the only person in the shop I work with and don't let anyone else touch my art. He has a really good eye and takes good care of my prints when I bring them in (i.e. no tape, works with the high quality mats only, etc)... anyway, it works out well....

I also have the S/N Austin on my wall.... I recently got the set-list through Paul's charity auction... I plan on taking it in to put it in the frame in the same scheme as the poster itself... :D

I'll have to check out that Michael's next time around. I've been dealing with the same guy for the most part at Hobby Lobby as well. When I picked the Austin poster up, he was raving about how cool of a print it was but then asked me about PJ - "they're an older band right? like from the 70s?" Yikes.

• Options
    I really like the Hartford I shouldve bought that....
    Although trying not to buy posters that I havent been to the show....

I wish 10c would do another kind of mystery sale :)
  • Options
    BLACK35BLACK35 Hanover, Ontario Posts: 22,579

061.jpg051.jpg

DSCN0250.jpgDSCN0249.jpg

058.jpg057.jpg

Nice job, they all look real good.
    2005 - London
    2009 - Toronto
    2010 - Buffalo
    2011 - Toronto 1&2
    2013 - London, Pittsburgh, Buffalo
    2014 - Cincinnati, St. Louis, Detroit
    2016 - Ft. Lauderdale, Miami, Ottawa, Toronto 1
    2018 - Fenway 1&2
    2022 - Hamilton, Toronto
    2023 - Chicago 1&2
  • Options
    Has 10c had the Hartford for sale yet?
  • Options
    aus_suz wrote:

Yeah, Hartford sale has come and gone unfortunately. You might try going directly through the artist - Justin Hampton - and see if he has any left.

• Options
    BLACK35 wrote:
    Nice job, they all look real good.

Thank you!

• Options
    aus_suz wrote:

Yeah, Hartford sale has come and gone unfortunately. You might try going directly through the artist - Justin Hampton - and see if he has any left.

But be prepared to pay a fortune and it to take a while!

I paid him $200 for mine back in June and I'm still waiting for it...
  • Options
    Here are 2 new ones I just got framed! :D

pol1.jpg

sg1.jpg

poland.jpg
  • Options
    SawyerSawyer Posts: 2,411
    love them my man...love them
  • Options
    Those are two of my favorites ive seen on here in a long time. Awesome looking. Makes me want to buy both just to get them done haha
    http://mastersofourdomain.blogspot.com/

My Movie/Music Reviews & Sports Blog
  • Options
    EZ1221CEZ1221C Posts: 2,645
    That Soundgarden one is absolutely gorgeous. I am truly envious.
    PLAY THE SOUTH
  • Options
    Very nice indeed... I'm really getting a jonesing to do some framing...
  • Options
    BLACK35BLACK35 Hanover, Ontario Posts: 22,579
    CROJAM95 wrote:

pol1.jpg

sg1.jpg

poland.jpg

They both look great, that Soundgarden one is a pretty cool looking poster.
    2005 - London
    2009 - Toronto
    2010 - Buffalo
    2011 - Toronto 1&2
    2013 - London, Pittsburgh, Buffalo
    2014 - Cincinnati, St. Louis, Detroit
    2016 - Ft. Lauderdale, Miami, Ottawa, Toronto 1
    2018 - Fenway 1&2
    2022 - Hamilton, Toronto
    2023 - Chicago 1&2
  • Options
    pjsteelerfanpjsteelerfan Maryland Posts: 9,886
    That EMEK and Klausen look great.
    ...got a mind full of questions and a teacher in my soul...
  • Options
    Thanks guys ;) these 2 are awesome prints
  • Options
    I know this isn't a Pearl Jam poster, but I'm really happy with the way it turned out, so I thought I'd share: http://bit.ly/9Gyaga

The poster is from http://www.orkposters.com and they have a bunch of other cities as well, including Seattle, Boston and New York.

I'm from Toronto, but I live in the Albany area now. If anyone needs a good framer in Albany/Saratoga, let me know. She did a great job. It's three mats, with the flag cut into the top mat, to show the red mat underneath.

Once I get some pictures of my PJ posters, I'll get them up too.
  • Options
    lockedlocked Boston Posts: 4,007
    Sawyer wrote:
    + 1

what was the $$ damage?
    "This here's a REQUEST!"
    EV intro to Chloe Dancer / Crown of Thorns
    10/25/13 Hartford
  • Options
    Finally got some pictures together of my framed prints. Not the greatest pictures, but you get the idea.

http://bit.ly/bNBxqt
  • Options
    Better DanBetter Dan Posts: 5,684
    Just got my 3 prints in from the Hoff. You can click on the photo to see the larger picture.

th_IMG_2063.jpg

th_IMG_2070.jpg

th_IMG_2067.jpg
    2003: San Antonio, Houston, Dallas, Seattle; 2005: Monterrey; 2006: Chicago 1 & 2, Grand Rapids, Cleveland, Detroit; 2008: West Palm Beach, Tampa; 2009: Austin, LA 3 & 4, San Diego; 2010: Kansas City, St. Louis, Columbus, Indianapolis; 2011: PJ20 1 & 2; 2012: Missoula; 2013: Dallas, Oklahoma City, Seattle; 2014: Tulsa; 2016: Columbia, New York City 1 & 2; 2018: London, Seattle 1 & 2; 2021: Ohana; 2022: Oklahoma City
  • Options
    locked wrote:
    Sawyer wrote:
    + 1

what was the $$ damage?

Just over $300. I wanted to do the Soundgarden right away cause I bought it in Grant Park and don't have a portfolio to store them in. I was flying high after seeing them right up front on the rail... Had that itch that needed scratching :) the Gdynia went along for the ride since I recieved it around the same time from #7
  • Options
    SENROCKSENROCK Posts: 10,736
    CROJAM95 wrote:
    locked wrote:
    Sawyer wrote:
    + 1

what was the $$ damage?

Just over $300. I wanted to do the Soundgarden right away cause I bought it in Grant Park and don't have a portfolio to store them in. I was flying high after seeing them right up front on the rail... Had that itch that needed scratching :) the Gdynia went along for the ride since I recieved it around the same time from #7
    :o :shock:
    ~~~~~~ALWAYS HAVE A GOOD TIME~~~~~~
    Sir Mike McCready is....THE MASTER!!! WAHHH!!!
    EVENFLOW PSYCHOS H.N.I.C~FEEL THE FLOW!!!

"Pearl Jam fans are obsessed, they'd see the boys in HELL if tickets were sold."-CROJAM95

It takes balls to put out a UKE album!
  • Options
    AtlantaJammerAtlantaJammer Posts: 2,611
    edited September 2010
    Post edited by AtlantaJammer on
  • Options
    lastchild11lastchild11 Posts: 1,289
    edited September 2010
    CROJAM95 wrote:

pol1.jpg

that looks so much better framed. i wasnt very impresed with this print, but it looks great framed.
    Post edited by lastchild11 on
    Dallas TX 10/17/00
    Oklahoma City 4/3/03
    Dallas TX 6/9/03
    Memphis TN 6/20/09 (Eddie)
    Kansas City MO 4/3/10
    Little Rock AR 8/28/10 (Eddie, WM3 rally)
    St Louis MO 7/1/11 (Eddie)
    Dallas TX 11/15/12 (Eddie)
    Tulsa OK 11/18/12 (Eddie)
    Tulsa OK 11/19/12 (Eddie)
    Dallas TX 11/15/13
    Oklahoma City 11/16/13
    Tulsa OK 10/8/14
    St Louis MO 9/18/22
    Oklahoma City 9/20/22
    Ft Worth TX 9/13/23
    Ft Worth TX 9/15/23