Options

framed poster thread

Comments

• Options
    PRL1JAMPRL1JAM Posts: 785
    arq wrote:
    Thanks to my wife :D , I don't have any idea how my wife allows so much pearl jam's stuff... and a special thanks to Amy (AKA like.echoes) for her generosity! I owe you one my friend ;)

IMG_1021small.jpg

IMG_1022small.jpg

IMG_1023small.jpg

those are so damn cool! Not to mention, the frame job looks freakin' amazing.
  • Options
    bazzerbazzer Posts: 3,090
    I would've had each card in it's own opening, but other than that cool. Now I just need to get a second set of cards so I can replicate it!
  • Options
    BLACK35BLACK35 Hanover, Ontario Posts: 22,579
    arq wrote:
    Thanks to my wife :D , I don't have any idea how my wife allows so much pearl jam's stuff... and a special thanks to Amy (AKA like.echoes) for her generosity! I owe you one my friend ;)

IMG_1021small.jpg

IMG_1022small.jpg

IMG_1023small.jpg

Very cool, someone give you the second set of cards?
    2005 - London
    2009 - Toronto
    2010 - Buffalo
    2011 - Toronto 1&2
    2013 - London, Pittsburgh, Buffalo
    2014 - Cincinnati, St. Louis, Detroit
    2016 - Ft. Lauderdale, Miami, Ottawa, Toronto 1
    2018 - Fenway 1&2
    2022 - Hamilton, Toronto
    2023 - Chicago 1&2
  • Options
    arqarq Posts: 7,940
    BLACK35 wrote:
    Very cool, someone give you the second set of cards?

Kufala forgot to include the card set, I contacted them but nothing happened, I asked here if someone was willing to sell their set and like.echoes gave me her set (for free, thanks again Amy!) then kufala finally shipped me a set too and that's how I ended up with 2 sets.
    "The good thing about science is that it's true whether or not you believe in it"
    Neil deGrasse Tyson

Why not (V) (°,,,,°) (V) ?
  • Options
    aus_suzaus_suz Posts: 9,364
    arq wrote:

IMG_1021small.jpg

IMG_1022small.jpg

IMG_1023small.jpg

What are those cards from?
  • Options
    PRL1JAMPRL1JAM Posts: 785
    ^the Philly Box set (cd's)
  • Options
    ^the Philly Box set (cd's)

Did they come with the boxset ones from the 10c?
  • Options
    bm12musicbm12music Posts: 292
    Just got my Klausen Christchurch back from the framer: http://i150.photobucket.com/albums/s114 ... G_0001.jpg
    Auck - Feb 28, 98
    Syd - Nov 08, 06
    West Palm Beach - Jun 11, 08
    Tampa - Jun 12, 08
    Melb - Nov 20, 09
    Syd - Nov 22, 09
    Bris - Nov 25, 09
    Auck - Nov 27, 09
    Christchurch - Nov 29, 09
    EV - Bris - Mar 10 & 12, 11
    EV - New - Mar 16, 11
    EV - Syd - Mar 18, 11
  • Options
    PlanktonPlankton Posts: 692
    bm12music wrote:
    Just got my Klausen Christchurch back from the framer: http://i150.photobucket.com/albums/s114 ... G_0001.jpg
    Such a good job for an amazing poster.
  • Options
    RedPJRedPJ New Plymouth, New Zealand Posts: 207
    great to see this thread has been on a roll for 5 years.....
    Just For Today, I Am Free...
  • Options
    RedPJRedPJ New Plymouth, New Zealand Posts: 207
    bm12music wrote:

Man, looks great. wish i was smart enough to have gotten my tickets and pick framed with it. dammit!!!

awesome job...

mines just in a black frame.. UV glass though!
    Just For Today, I Am Free...
  • Options
    RedPJ wrote:
    bm12music wrote:

Man, looks great. wish i was smart enough to have gotten my tickets and pick framed with it. dammit!!!

awesome job...

Cheers mate, good to hear from another Kiwi fan! Which pic did you get? I got Jeff's sweat band from Brissy and stil trying to work out how display it? I wasn't too sure about including the ticket but glad I did in the end. Just found my 98 stub the other day so might try and get it added to this: http://i150.photobucket.com/albums/s114 ... G_0587.jpg
    Auck - Feb 28, 98
    Syd - Nov 08, 06
    Tampa - Jun 12, 08
    Melb - Nov 20, 09
    Syd - Nov 22, 09
    Bris - Nov 25, 09
    Auck - Nov 27, 09
    EV - New - Mar 16, 11
    EV - Syd - Mar 18, 11
  • Options
    BLACK35BLACK35 Hanover, Ontario Posts: 22,579
    bm12music wrote:
    RedPJ wrote:
    bm12music wrote:

awesome job...

Cheers mate, good to hear from another Kiwi fan! Which pic did you get? I got Jeff's sweat band from Brissy and stil trying to work out how display it? I wasn't too sure about including the ticket but glad I did in the end. Just found my 98 stub the other day so might try and get it added to this: http://i150.photobucket.com/albums/s114 ... G_0587.jpg

That poster is really cool, good job on the framing
    2005 - London
    2009 - Toronto
    2010 - Buffalo
    2011 - Toronto 1&2
    2013 - London, Pittsburgh, Buffalo
    2014 - Cincinnati, St. Louis, Detroit
    2016 - Ft. Lauderdale, Miami, Ottawa, Toronto 1
    2018 - Fenway 1&2
    2022 - Hamilton, Toronto
    2023 - Chicago 1&2
  • Options
    bazzerbazzer Posts: 3,090
    bm12music wrote:
    RedPJ wrote:
    bm12music wrote:

awesome job...

It's like looking at walls in my house. I haven't done my Chch yet, I'll probably go similar to what you did, although I don't usually put my ticket under the mat. What did it set you back for the frame job, is it UV glass?
  • Options
    bazzer wrote:
    It's like looking at walls in my house. I haven't done my Chch yet, I'll probably go similar to what you did, although I don't usually put my ticket under the mat. What did it set you back for the frame job, is it UV glass?
    Hey there - framing cost about $450 with conservation grade non reflect glass. I tossed up re the ticket but I'm glad I did
    Auck - Feb 28, 98
    Syd - Nov 08, 06
    Tampa - Jun 12, 08
    Melb - Nov 20, 09
    Syd - Nov 22, 09
    Bris - Nov 25, 09
    Auck - Nov 27, 09
    EV - New - Mar 16, 11
    EV - Syd - Mar 18, 11
  • Options
    Dirty FrankkDirty Frankk Posts: 4,274
    Nice last 2 frames from NZ...simple and cool.
    CAN'T KEEP CRAZY MARY IN MY TREE NO WAY NOT FOR YOU. ALL THOSE YESTERDAY JEREMY is ALONE, SAD with RATS & BUGS it's HARD TO IMAGINE a JEREMY a BETTER MAN.
    LIFE WASTED, BLOOD on the PORCH, LAST KISS is a WISHLIST DEEP DOWN NOTHING AS IT SEEMS WHY GO COME BACK ALIVE SPIN THE BLACK CIRCLE and SMILE.
  • Options
    JimmyVJimmyV Boston's MetroWest Posts: 18,995
    RedPJ wrote:
    great to see this thread has been on a roll for 5 years.....

And getting better with age. :D

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
  • Options
    pdalowskypdalowsky Doncaster,UK Posts: 14,838
    bm12music wrote:
    bazzer wrote:
    Hey there - framing cost about $450 with conservation grade non reflect glass. I tossed up re the ticket but I'm glad I did

$450?????????????????????????????????????????????????????????
  • Options
    RW81233RW81233 Posts: 2,393
    I've never posted in this thread and didn't take the time to dive through the 250 pages, but I do have a question. An old family friend once gave me a '92 Europe Tour Pearl Jam Alive poster with the Stickman and listing of all the shows for that particular tour on it for X-mas. It isn't the nice screen printed one's, and until the late 90s/early 00s I would randomly see it in music stores, but now I can't even find it online. It's lookalike is all over which is just the words Pearl Jam and the Stickman underneath and it goes for like 10 bucks. Anyway I'm renovating our basement, and am planning to get my VFC, Spectrum Halloween, and London '10 posters professionally framed. I figured that if it was worth it I'd do the same with this one, but if it's only a 10 dollar poster then I'll just keep it in the old crappy plastic frame. Thanks for your help, and if you need a picture I can take one and post it.
  • Options
    arqarq Posts: 7,940
    RW81233 wrote:
    ...if it's only a 10 dollar poster then I'll just keep it in the old crappy plastic frame...

keep it on a old crappy plastic frame, except if you really like it and it has some sentimental value.
    "The good thing about science is that it's true whether or not you believe in it"
    Neil deGrasse Tyson

Why not (V) (°,,,,°) (V) ?
  • Options
    RW81233RW81233 Posts: 2,393
    it's almost cooler in the crappy plastic frame so it'll just stay there. Once I finish my basement I'll post the pics of everything. Hopefully later this year. Thank you.
  • Options
    bm12music wrote:
    RedPJ wrote:
    bm12music wrote:

awesome job...

Both posters look so good.........
    Why dont u buy the Melb poster that has Jeff skating and put the wrist bands with that :)
  • Options
    pdalowsky wrote:
    bm12music wrote:
    bazzer wrote:

$450?????????????????????????????????????????????????????????
    That's $NZ - about 200 pounds. The conservation glass is the killer
    Auck - Feb 28, 98
    Syd - Nov 08, 06
    Tampa - Jun 12, 08
    Melb - Nov 20, 09
    Syd - Nov 22, 09
    Bris - Nov 25, 09
    Auck - Nov 27, 09
    EV - New - Mar 16, 11
    EV - Syd - Mar 18, 11
  • Options
    TeddyledbetterTeddyledbetter Seattle, WA Posts: 474
    IMG_6023.jpg
    IMG_6024.jpg
    IMG_6025.jpg

Just picked it up :)
  • Options
    Kilgore_TroutKilgore_Trout Posts: 7,334
    bm12music wrote:
    get one of those round plastic things they display watches/bracelets on and throw it in a baseball display case

but be sure to extract the essence of jeff first :P

nice looking posters too btw!
    "Senza speme vivemo in disio"

http://seanbriceart.com/
  • Options
    pjsteelerfanpjsteelerfan Maryland Posts: 9,886
    IMG_6023.jpg
    IMG_6024.jpg
    IMG_6025.jpg

Very Nice- congrats
    ...got a mind full of questions and a teacher in my soul...
  • Options
    shepshep Houston Posts: 5,659
    IMG_6023.jpg
    IMG_6024.jpg
    IMG_6025.jpg

Me likey.... Must have set you back a pretty penny though...

getting very anxious to frame one of mine from this tour... Hampton needs to hurry up and get me my print so I can decide which one to bring to the framers! :o
    Houston, Texas... Believe it or not, there are 7 million people here... must be a couple of fans who'd love to see you play.
  • Options
    joe2468joe2468 Posts: 3,049
    shep wrote:
    IMG_6023.jpg
    IMG_6024.jpg
    IMG_6025.jpg

Me likey.... Must have set you back a pretty penny though...

getting very anxious to frame one of mine from this tour... Hampton needs to hurry up and get me my print so I can decide which one to bring to the framers! :o

you didnt get your yet ??? i got mine a few weeks ago ..... you might want to send him an email ..UNLESS you bought it from his facebook sale
    have you seen the colors of my fathers eyes
  • Options
    primussucksprimussucks Posts: 2,356
    edited July 2010
    lake025.jpg
    lake023.jpg
    lake022.jpg
    lake021.jpg
    pjposters002.jpg

all cheap walmart frames :D
    Post edited by primussucks on
    Summerfest 7/8/95
    Missoula 6/20/98
    Alpine Valley 6/26/98 & 6/27/98
    Alpine Valley 10/8/00 
    Champaign 4/23/03
    Alpine Valley 6/21/03
    Missoula 8/29/05
    Chicago 5/16 & 17/06
    Grand Rapids 5/19/06
    Summerfest 6/29/06 & 6/30/06
    Tampa 6/12/08
    Chicago 8/23/09
    Indy 5/7/10
    Alpine Valley x2 2011
    Wrigley 2013
    Milwaukee 14
    Telluride 16
  • Options
    MayDay10MayDay10 Posts: 11,622
    word on the streets is Hoff has a trend-setting vision for my Cleveland '10 poster. It sounds like itll be amazing. Cant wait to see it.