** KAMALA HARRIS FOR PRESIDENT -PART DEUX **

Comments

• Gern BlanstenGern Blansten Posts: 19,397
    I did learn something last night.  Windmills cannot give you cancer.  Glad that was cleared up.
    Yeah but they kill eagles when they fly near them....like a garbage disposal
    Remember the Thomas Nine !! (10/02/2018)

1998: Noblesville; 2003: Noblesville; 2009: EV Nashville, Chicago, Chicago
    2010: St Louis, Columbus, Noblesville; 2011: EV Chicago, East Troy, East Troy
    2013: London ON, Wrigley; 2014: Cincy, St Louis, Moline (NO CODE)
    2016: Lexington, Wrigley #1; 2018: Wrigley, Wrigley, Boston, Boston
    2020: Oakland, Oakland:  2021: EV Ohana, Ohana, Ohana, Ohana
    2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
    2024: Noblesville, Wrigley, Wrigley, Ohana, Ohana
  • Glorified KCGlorified KC Posts: 2,605
    I did learn something last night.  Windmills cannot give you cancer.  Glad that was cleared up.

Can I get cancer from a garbage disposal?  Guess I'll hope that gets answered at the next Trump rally.  Or any other factoid...
    I wish I was a sacrifice, but somehow still lived on.
  • mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 29,309
    ^^^^ I don't disagree.

She was very well prepared, though, and she clearly is thinking about the swing states -- her mention of the 800,000 Polish-Americans in Pennsylvania was important, I think! Poland and Poles are more mindful than most of the threat posed by autocracy.
    This was a tremendous point.  But she could have also pointed to the over 100k+ Ukrainian immigrants in PA, not to mention all of us that are first or second generation.  

Look, no one is going to gas light me and say the performance was just okay.  It was exceptional.  She had a firm grasp of the facts, her demeanor was spot on.  And she did a great job leveraging different arguments together.  Her answers on abortion and healthcare were home runs, particularly talking about pre-existing conditions.  And where she knew she was vulnerable, that's where she would needle Trump.  The first time she did it was on the border or immigration question I believe.  Totally distracts him.  Absolute fucking genius.  
  • mrussel1 said:
    ^^^^ I don't disagree.

She was very well prepared, though, and she clearly is thinking about the swing states -- her mention of the 800,000 Polish-Americans in Pennsylvania was important, I think! Poland and Poles are more mindful than most of the threat posed by autocracy.
    This was a tremendous point.  But she could have also pointed to the over 100k+ Ukrainian immigrants in PA, not to mention all of us that are first or second generation.  

Look, no one is going to gas light me and say the performance was just okay.  It was exceptional.  She had a firm grasp of the facts, her demeanor was spot on.  And she did a great job leveraging different arguments together.  Her answers on abortion and healthcare were home runs, particularly talking about pre-existing conditions.  And where she knew she was vulnerable, that's where she would needle Trump.  The first time she did it was on the border or immigration question I believe.  Totally distracts him.  Absolute fucking genius.  
    But she didn’t answer the questions with wonk. D- and she only passed because the bar was set so low it’s in hell by POOTWH.
    09/15/1998 & 09/16/1998, Mansfield, MA; 08/29/00 08/30/00, Mansfield, MA; 07/02/03, 07/03/03, Mansfield, MA; 09/28/04, 09/29/04, Boston, MA; 09/22/05, Halifax, NS; 05/24/06, 05/25/06, Boston, MA; 07/22/06, 07/23/06, Gorge, WA; 06/27/2008, Hartford; 06/28/08, 06/30/08, Mansfield; 08/18/2009, O2, London, UK; 10/30/09, 10/31/09, Philadelphia, PA; 05/15/10, Hartford, CT; 05/17/10, Boston, MA; 05/20/10, 05/21/10, NY, NY; 06/22/10, Dublin, IRE; 06/23/10, Northern Ireland; 09/03/11, 09/04/11, Alpine Valley, WI; 09/11/11, 09/12/11, Toronto, Ont; 09/14/11, Ottawa, Ont; 09/15/11, Hamilton, Ont; 07/02/2012, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/04/2012 & 07/05/2012, Berlin, Germany; 07/07/2012, Stockholm, Sweden; 09/30/2012, Missoula, MT; 07/16/2013, London, Ont; 07/19/2013, Chicago, IL; 10/15/2013 & 10/16/2013, Worcester, MA; 10/21/2013 & 10/22/2013, Philadelphia, PA; 10/25/2013, Hartford, CT; 11/29/2013, Portland, OR; 11/30/2013, Spokane, WA; 12/04/2013, Vancouver, BC; 12/06/2013, Seattle, WA; 10/03/2014, St. Louis. MO; 10/22/2014, Denver, CO; 10/26/2015, New York, NY; 04/23/2016, New Orleans, LA; 04/28/2016 & 04/29/2016, Philadelphia, PA; 05/01/2016 & 05/02/2016, New York, NY; 05/08/2016, Ottawa, Ont.; 05/10/2016 & 05/12/2016, Toronto, Ont.; 08/05/2016 & 08/07/2016, Boston, MA; 08/20/2016 & 08/22/2016, Chicago, IL; 07/01/2018, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/03/2018, Krakow, Poland; 07/05/2018, Berlin, Germany; 09/02/2018 & 09/04/2018, Boston, MA; 09/08/2022, Toronto, Ont; 09/11/2022, New York, NY; 09/14/2022, Camden, NJ; 09/02/2023, St. Paul, MN; 05/04/2024 & 05/06/2024, Vancouver, BC; 05/10/2024, Portland, OR;

Libtardaplorable©. And proud of it.

Brilliantati©
    mrussel1 said:
    ^^^^ I don't disagree.

But she didn’t answer the questions with wonk. D- and she only passed because the bar was set so low it’s in hell by POOTWH.
    Exactly, enough with that bullshit.  If she was debating someone competent, was it a knock out night?  Probably not.  But simply on her own individual performance, she was great.  Trump did make it easy.  He had zero offense.  None.  He was on his heels all night.  It was really pathetic.  
  • The JugglerThe Juggler Posts: 48,398
    I think Harris won the debate last night, but I think she was in the same position as Biden was in June.  There wasn't much to gain in debating Donald Trump but a lot to lose with a bad performance.  Does last night sway anyone in the key states that will decide this election?  Or as John Stewart would put it in "Pawinevmiazgnac" outside if him saying Fuck Dick Cheney.
    No she wasn't in the same position. People know Joe Biden. She, on the other hand, is still in the process of introducing herself to a lot of America. Big difference and, I think, much different tasks. She excelled.

All it takes is 1.5% difference. I would believe last night could help with those people who were unsure of her going in. She handled herself really well. 

She did great.  The issue I always concern myself with is where are there voters located?  Are they in battleground states or in states that are already decided?  Abolish the Electoral College so I don't have to be paranoid about this bull shit.
    They're right here in the Philadelphia suburbs. 
    www.myspace.com
    mace1229 said:
    mace1229 said:
    mace1229 said:
    Lindsey Flimsey Flip Flop Faloozy, as predicted:

Sen. Lindsey Graham (S.C.), a Republican who is close to Trump, said he is encouraging the former president to do another debate, in part because he thinks Harris should have to answer “a tough question” — which he didn’t think she had to do tonight.

The moderators sucked,” he said. “I thought it was horrible. It was awful.” Graham said he told Trump that one of his strongest moments was his closing argument — challenging Harris on why she hasn’t done more to change Americans’ lives over the past three and a half years.

“I think the president thinks he achieved his goal tonight of challenging her,” Graham said, “that you [Harris] own this. And you talk about all the things you’re going to do, why should we believe you?'”

He said he thinks Trump is open to another debate.

It's funny to me (but not surprising) that they are going after the moderators. They let trump take over the mic several times. I was kind of pissed off about it because he would just start talking and they would let him go. Harris did a few times but they seemed to push her off...partly because she was courteous and trump is a fucking idiot she would stop talking.

I haven't seen talking time stats yet...curious to see what those look like. Maybe I'm wrong but it seemed like he talked a lot more than her. And maybe that was her plan?
    I actually didn't think that part was that bad. They said they would get a 1 minute rebuttal. It looked like to me Trump would just take that 1 minute without waiting to be prompted to respond, so it might have looked like he was just going off. Or he'd ask for a rebuttal before moving on and they'd grant it to him. The time seemed fair and within the rules that they set.
    Harris spoke 23 times for 37 minutes. 
    Trump spoke 39 times for 42 minutes.

They always seemed to let him get the last word....which worked to his detriment because he is an aging lunatic.
    Difference of 4-5 minutes in a 90 minute debate is marginal. 
    47% of time for Harris, 53% for trump....
    I agree with most of what is being said about the debate. 
    Only 2 differences in my opinion is Harris didn't look good either, Trump just looked a lot worse. She didn't have to make any good points, she just had to let Trump talk in order to win. But by doing so, you don't get your message out and you don't make yourself look strong either. I don't think she started out strong. She didn't answer questions either. She just didn't make any really weird statements that made you stop and be like "Wait, what? What cult is she in?" That's a pretty low bar though if that's what we expect in a president. 

And that difference in time is negligible. Who cares about 47 - 53% talking time. Trump got more rebuttals because he asked for it. I don't recall Harris being cut off or denied a chance to speak. Trump asked for a chance to respond and got it every time. She didn't. I just don't see this as being an issue one way or another. 
    I think your analysis is way off base. He spoke 16 more times than she did. That is significant. Most of those times were to have the final word, which was not part of the rules. Usually the audience remembers the final thing the candidate says more than the rest....which is why Trump opted to give his closing statement last. So, yes, those extra 30-45 seconds at the end of every top mattered....only it backfired on him because he's just not up for this anymore. 

Also---Harris didn't look good either? I'm sorry...what? I think your bias is showing. You can argue she evaded some questions but that is what every candidate does in a debate when asked something they don't like. I understand you do not agree with her on a lot. But the argument you are making against her not looking good is what most argued against Trump in the first debate. This ain't that...at all. She pounded him on the issues that she needed to like abortion, and healthcare etc....and then she deftly threw grenades at him on topics she is vulnerable on like with immigration. This is when she pivoted to his rallies and Hannibal Lecter etc---completely threw him off his game on the topic he most wants to succeed at. That is the sign of an excellent debate performance.

Sorry Mace. She was fantastic. She made Trump look like a fool last night. The difference in the last debate is Biden did it all to himself. 
    yeah and for them to complain about being fact checked for blatant lies when he got that extra time doesn't make sense...he lost just like the 2020 election and he can't admit it.

Today he said "every poll says I won"....lol
    The funny thing is he's talking about these bullshit unscientific polls you see instantly online.....very similar to the same kinds Michael Cohen rigged for him in 2016. God I cannot wait to be done with maga.  

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/donald-trump/michael-cohen-says-he-paid-tech-firm-rig-online-polls-n959746

Michael Cohen says he paid tech firm to rig online polls 'at the direction of' Trump

"I truly regret my blind loyalty to a man who doesn’t deserve it," Cohen said in a tweet.
    Image Michael Cohen former personal attorney to President Donald Trump exits federal court
    Michael Cohen, former personal attorney to President Donald Trump, exits federal court on Nov. 29, 2018 in New York City.Drew Angerer / Getty Images file
    • Save
      Create your free profile or log in to save this article
    Jan. 17, 2019, 9:38 AM EST
    By Dartunorro Clark

Michael Cohen, President Donald Trump's former personal lawyer and fixer, confirmed on Thursday that he paid a small tech firm to rig online polls before the 2016 presidential campaign got underway "at the direction of and the sole benefit of" Trump.

The Wall Street Journal was the first to report the payment and attempted poll manipulation. The Trump Organization declined to comment to the newspaper.

"As for the @WSJ article on poll rigging, what I did was at the direction of and for the sole benefit of @realDonaldTrump @POTUS. I truly regret my blind loyalty to a man who doesn’t deserve it," Cohen said in a tweet.

Cohen paid the money to John Gauger, who runs RedFinch Solutions LLC, in early 2015, to rig online polls in Trump’s favor before the presidential campaign.

The newspaper reported that Cohen gave Gauger a blue Walmart bag containing about $13,000 in cash. Gauger also said that Cohen randomly included a boxing glove Cohen claimed at the time had been worn by a Brazilian mixed-martial arts fighter.

However, in a statement to the Journal, Cohen said he did not pay Gauger in cash.

“All monies paid to Mr. Gauger were by check,” Cohen told the newspaper, without offering further details to the newspaper.

Gauger, who is also chief information officer at Liberty University in Virginia, where evangelical leader and Trump supporter Jerry Falwell Jr. is president, said he was supposed to be paid $50,000 for the project but never received the remaining money. Trump, however, reimbursed Cohen in early 2017 for $50,000 for the work, the Journal reported, citing a government document and a person familiar with the matter.

Rudy Giuliani, a personal lawyer for Trump, said in a statement to the Journal that Cohen is “untrustworthy” because he was reimbursed more money than he paid RedFinch.

“If one thing has been established, it’s that Michael Cohen is completely untrustworthy,” Giuliani said.

When Cohen asked for the $50,000 reimbursement, he cited technology services but did not tell Trump Organization executives what services specifically were performed, the Journal reported, citing people familiar with the matter.

Trevor Potter, a campaign finance lawyer and former chairman of the Federal Election Commission, told NBC News that Cohen's payment to the tech firm should have been accounted for and disclosed in campaign reports because Trump was "testing the waters" for a White House bid at the time, meaning exploring a candidacy but not yet declared. A search of FEC records showed no indication of a disclosure.

“Once he became a candidate, this should have been reported as an in-kind contribution to the campaign, because it is required to report all testing expenditures and contributions on its initial FEC reports upon qualifying as a candidate," Potter said.

Brendan Fischer, director of the Campaign Legal Center's federal reform program, also said the payments needed to be reported as soon as Trump declared his candidacy in June 2015. However, building a case against Cohen for these potential campaign finance violations would have been much more difficult than the case made over hush payments Cohen facilitated to women who alleged affairs with Trump, Paul S. Ryan, vice president for policy and litigation at the watchdog group Common Cause, tweeted.

Cohen was sentenced in December to three years in prison for what a Manhattan federal court judge called a “veritable smorgasbord" of criminal conduct, including making those secret payments, lying to Congress about the president’s business dealings with Russia, and failing to report millions of dollars in income.

Shortly after being sentenced, Cohen told ABC's "Good Morning America" he knew what he was doing was wrong and refuted Trump's claim that he "never directed Michael Cohen to break the law."

Cohen is slated to testify publicly before Congress early next month before he goes to prison. Cohen said he agreed to appear before the House Oversight Committee on Feb. 7 "in furtherance of my commitment to cooperate and provide the American people with answers."

Dartunorro Cla
    www.myspace.com
  • Gern BlanstenGern Blansten Posts: 19,397
    I will never understand how the same people that voted for Bush/McCain/Romney (none of which support fuckface) just dismiss their lack of support and vote trump. Makes no fucking sense. 

And yes I realize McCain is gone but we know his stance.
    Remember the Thomas Nine !! (10/02/2018)

1998: Noblesville; 2003: Noblesville; 2009: EV Nashville, Chicago, Chicago
    2010: St Louis, Columbus, Noblesville; 2011: EV Chicago, East Troy, East Troy
    2013: London ON, Wrigley; 2014: Cincy, St Louis, Moline (NO CODE)
    2016: Lexington, Wrigley #1; 2018: Wrigley, Wrigley, Boston, Boston
    2020: Oakland, Oakland:  2021: EV Ohana, Ohana, Ohana, Ohana
    2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
    2024: Noblesville, Wrigley, Wrigley, Ohana, Ohana
    About a 9 point swing in betting odds since Monday

www.myspace.com
    58MM viewers last night, more than Trump/Biden.  I would think this would move the needle.  
  • tbergstbergs Posts: 9,542
    mrussel1 said:
    58MM viewers last night, more than Trump/Biden.  I would think this would move the needle.  
    Does that at all account for those listening on the radio?
    It's a hopeless situation...
  • mickeyratmickeyrat Posts: 37,610
    tbergs said:
    mrussel1 said:

doubt it. unless it was surveyed, how could that be measured?think the same goes for internet viewers...
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
    tbergs said:
    mrussel1 said:
    Only on FM.  If you listened on AM, you were not counted.  Get with the times.  
  • Tim SimmonsTim Simmons Posts: 7,551
    tbergs said:
    mrussel1 said:
    Then it’s 58,000,078
  • who goes in the spin room after a debate to try to spin things themselves?? lmao

it proves trump knew he got dogwalked and he could not trust graham, rfk jr, and vance to spin it to his satisfaction.

trump got clobbered last night and anybody that watched/listened to it knows it.
    "You can tell the greatness of a man by what makes him angry."  - Lincoln

"Well, you tell him that I don't talk to suckas."
  • her facial expressions cracked me up. i was waiting for her to pull a bugs bunny and hold up a flag with a picture of a screw and a baseball on it when trump was talking. seemed to me she was mocking him at times. and it was what needed to happen.

• teskeincteskeinc Posts: 1,441
    mrussel1 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    It will but is it too early to matter? Trump was up a little on Biden. When Kamala replaced Biden he went up a little. After the DNC Trump closed the gap. Pretty much all throughout it’s been within margin of error. If it stays close to tied heading into Election Day Trump probably wins based on polling history. If next week you see Kamala up 7-8 points in the average of all major polls, it was a complete knockout debate and she wins.
    1994 : Memphis 1995 : New Orleans 1996 : Seattle
    1998 : St Louis, Birmingham, Knoxville
    2000 : Memphis, Nashville, St Louis
    2003 : Irvine 1+2, Vegas, Bridge School 1+2, Santa Barbara
    2005 : Missoula, Vancouver, Gorge 2006 : LA 1+2, Vegas
    2008 : W Palm Beach, Tampa, Who Rock Honors, EV LA 2
    2009 : LA 1, LA 4, EV 1 Nashville 2011 : EV Long Beach
    2012: EV Vegas 1+2
    2013 LA 1+2 2018 Prague, Wrigley 2
    2020 Phoenix, SD

• "You can tell the greatness of a man by what makes him angry."  - Lincoln

teskeinc said:
    mrussel1 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    It will but is it too early to matter? Trump was up a little on Biden. When Kamala replaced Biden he went up a little. After the DNC Trump closed the gap. Pretty much all throughout it’s been within margin of error. If it stays close to tied heading into Election Day Trump probably wins based on polling history. If next week you see Kamala up 7-8 points in the average of all major polls, it was a complete knockout debate and she wins.
    I don't buy the argument that she needs to be up 7-8 points to win the EC.  Trump can run up the score in red states in polling just as easily as she can in blue states.  I don't particularly think that national polling is that helpful with a race this close.  

But the reason I think right now does matter is that early voting can start as soon as 50 days before the election in PA.  That's basically next week.  Other swing states start in early Oct.  
    7-8 points....hahahaha what

She only needs 1-2% 
    www.myspace.com
  • OnWis97OnWis97 Posts: 4,970

Can I get cancer from a garbage disposal?  Guess I'll hope that gets answered at the next Trump rally.  Or any other factoid...
    You can get cancer from almost anything. Except cigarettes.
    1995 Milwaukee     1998 Alpine, Alpine     2003 Albany, Boston, Boston, Boston     2004 Boston, Boston     2006 Hartford, St. Paul (Petty), St. Paul (Petty)     2011 Alpine, Alpine     
    2013 Wrigley     2014 St. Paul     2016 Fenway, Fenway, Wrigley, Wrigley     2018 Missoula, Wrigley, Wrigley     2021 Asbury Park     2022 St Louis     2023 Austin, Austin
    Kinda fascinated by that handshake. He was shaken right from the start.
    www.myspace.com
    OnWis97 said:

You can get cancer from almost anything. Except cigarettes.
    I was thinking about picking up smoking and this clinches it. 

• "You can tell the greatness of a man by what makes him angry."  - Lincoln

• Kinda fascinated by that handshake. He was shaken right from the start.
    yeah i think he got rattled right there. seriously, how often do powerful women walk up into his space and introduce themselves with correct pronunciation of their name? he had no intention of meeting her halfway or even shaking hands. it was a bad look on his part.

• njhaley1njhaley1 Posts: 553
    edited September 11
    Kinda fascinated by that handshake. He was shaken right from the start.
    yeah i think he got rattled right there. seriously, how often do powerful women walk up into his space and introduce themselves with correct pronunciation of their name? he had no intention of meeting her halfway or even shaking hands. it was a bad look on his part.
    https://www.mediaite.com/tv/a-pissed-bigot-on-a-stage-with-a-woman-he-cant-control-former-rnc-chair-michael-steele-shreds-trumps-debate-performance/

‘A Pissed Bigot on a Stage with a Woman He Can’t Control’: Former RNC Chair Michael Steele Shreds Trump’s Debate Performance

“She spanked that ass,” Steele declared, before pivoting to a nuanced breakdown of the evening’s proceedings....
  • teskeincteskeinc Posts: 1,441
    7-8 points....hahahaha what

She only needs 1-2% 
    She’s up 1.2 pre-debate. I said if you see her up 7-8 points next week, that will show what kind of significance winning the debate had. I’m with you I think it bumps her between 1-2 points.
    1994 : Memphis 1995 : New Orleans 1996 : Seattle
    1998 : St Louis, Birmingham, Knoxville
    2000 : Memphis, Nashville, St Louis
    2003 : Irvine 1+2, Vegas, Bridge School 1+2, Santa Barbara
    2005 : Missoula, Vancouver, Gorge 2006 : LA 1+2, Vegas
    2008 : W Palm Beach, Tampa, Who Rock Honors, EV LA 2
    2009 : LA 1, LA 4, EV 1 Nashville 2011 : EV Long Beach
    2012: EV Vegas 1+2
    2013 LA 1+2 2018 Prague, Wrigley 2
    2020 Phoenix, SD

_____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14

• PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,620
    mrussel1 said:
    tbergs said:
    mrussel1 said:
    Only on FM.  If you listened on AM, you were not counted.  Get with the times.  
    What about short wave? Ham?
    This weekend we rock Portland