** KAMALA HARRIS FOR PRESIDENT -PART DEUX **

Comments

• BentleyspopBentleyspop Posts: 10,659

• njhaley1njhaley1 Posts: 553
    It's going to turn out to be true and ALL OF YOU will regret making fun of him! 
  • njhaley1 said:
    I'll happily follow your IG when it's ready.
    Spectrum 10/27/09; New Orleans JazzFest 5/1/10; Made in America 9/2/12; WF Center 10/21/13; WF Center 10/22/13;
    Baltimore Arena 10/27/13; WF Center 4/28/16; WF Center 4/29/16; Fenway Park 8/7/16; Fenway Park 9/2/18; Asbury Park 9/18/21;
    Camden 9/14/22; Las Vegas 5/16/24; Las Vegas 5/18/24; WF Center 9/7/24; WF Center 9/9/24; Baltimore Arena 9/12/24

Tres Mtns - TLA 3/23/11; EV - Tower Theatre 6/25/11; Temple of the Dog - Tower Theatre 11/5/16
  • The JugglerThe Juggler Posts: 48,398
    njhaley1 said:
    Is there a myspace?
    www.myspace.com
  • HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 36,476
    njhaley1 said:
    me too. then we'll figure out how to get Taylor "Childless Cat Lady" Swift to follow you. The money will roll in from there. 
    new album "Cigarettes" out Fall 2024!

www.headstonesband.com

when Trump said "you had 3.5 years to do it why didn't you do it?" she should have said "you had 4 years to make america great again, why didn't you do it?"

www.headstonesband.com

• Gern BlanstenGern Blansten Posts: 19,397
    I thought trump's suggestion that he "fired" Mattis, Kelly, etc., needed a fact check. I'm not sure if he fired anyone.
    Remember the Thomas Nine !! (10/02/2018)

1998: Noblesville; 2003: Noblesville; 2009: EV Nashville, Chicago, Chicago
    2010: St Louis, Columbus, Noblesville; 2011: EV Chicago, East Troy, East Troy
    2013: London ON, Wrigley; 2014: Cincy, St Louis, Moline (NO CODE)
    2016: Lexington, Wrigley #1; 2018: Wrigley, Wrigley, Boston, Boston
    2020: Oakland, Oakland:  2021: EV Ohana, Ohana, Ohana, Ohana
    2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
    2024: Noblesville, Wrigley, Wrigley, Ohana, Ohana
    I thought trump's suggestion that he "fired" Mattis, Kelly, etc., needed a fact check. I'm not sure if he fired anyone.
    another good comeback about all his firings is his constant assertion that he hires all the best people. 

www.headstonesband.com

when Trump said "you had 3.5 years to do it why didn't you do it?" she should have said "you had 4 years to make america great again, why didn't you do it?"
    Thankfully he's so dumb that he waited an hour and a half into the debate to bring this up. Should have done it right off the bat.

Trump should drop out. He's too old. 
    www.myspace.com
    4 years to fix health care. 4 years to get our men and women out of Afghanistan.  4 years to fix race relations in the United States.  

Nah, I'd rather be out golfing.  
  • mace1229mace1229 Posts: 9,252
    mace1229 said:
    Lindsey Flimsey Flip Flop Faloozy, as predicted:

Sen. Lindsey Graham (S.C.), a Republican who is close to Trump, said he is encouraging the former president to do another debate, in part because he thinks Harris should have to answer “a tough question” — which he didn’t think she had to do tonight.

The moderators sucked,” he said. “I thought it was horrible. It was awful.” Graham said he told Trump that one of his strongest moments was his closing argument — challenging Harris on why she hasn’t done more to change Americans’ lives over the past three and a half years.

“I think the president thinks he achieved his goal tonight of challenging her,” Graham said, “that you [Harris] own this. And you talk about all the things you’re going to do, why should we believe you?'”

He said he thinks Trump is open to another debate.

It's funny to me (but not surprising) that they are going after the moderators. They let trump take over the mic several times. I was kind of pissed off about it because he would just start talking and they would let him go. Harris did a few times but they seemed to push her off...partly because she was courteous and trump is a fucking idiot she would stop talking.

I haven't seen talking time stats yet...curious to see what those look like. Maybe I'm wrong but it seemed like he talked a lot more than her. And maybe that was her plan?
    I actually didn't think that part was that bad. They said they would get a 1 minute rebuttal. It looked like to me Trump would just take that 1 minute without waiting to be prompted to respond, so it might have looked like he was just going off. Or he'd ask for a rebuttal before moving on and they'd grant it to him. The time seemed fair and within the rules that they set.
    Harris spoke 23 times for 37 minutes. 
    Trump spoke 39 times for 42 minutes.

They always seemed to let him get the last word....which worked to his detriment because he is an aging lunatic.
    Difference of 4-5 minutes in a 90 minute debate is marginal. 
    edited September 11
    mace1229 said:
    mace1229 said:

Sen. Lindsey Graham (S.C.), a Republican who is close to Trump, said he is encouraging the former president to do another debate, in part because he thinks Harris should have to answer “a tough question” — which he didn’t think she had to do tonight.

The moderators sucked,” he said. “I thought it was horrible. It was awful.” Graham said he told Trump that one of his strongest moments was his closing argument — challenging Harris on why she hasn’t done more to change Americans’ lives over the past three and a half years.

“I think the president thinks he achieved his goal tonight of challenging her,” Graham said, “that you [Harris] own this. And you talk about all the things you’re going to do, why should we believe you?'”

It's funny to me (but not surprising) that they are going after the moderators. They let trump take over the mic several times. I was kind of pissed off about it because he would just start talking and they would let him go. Harris did a few times but they seemed to push her off...partly because she was courteous and trump is a fucking idiot she would stop talking.

I haven't seen talking time stats yet...curious to see what those look like. Maybe I'm wrong but it seemed like he talked a lot more than her. And maybe that was her plan?
    I actually didn't think that part was that bad. They said they would get a 1 minute rebuttal. It looked like to me Trump would just take that 1 minute without waiting to be prompted to respond, so it might have looked like he was just going off. Or he'd ask for a rebuttal before moving on and they'd grant it to him. The time seemed fair and within the rules that they set.

They always seemed to let him get the last word....which worked to his detriment because he is an aging lunatic.
    Not when the majority of those five minutes constitutes the last word on just about every topic--hence the 16 more times he spoke. That is not how the rules were set up, I believe. 

Luckily for America, Donald Trump is a fucking idiot who repeatedly shot himself in the foot with all those last words...including his closing statement. 
    www.myspace.com
  • Merkin BallerMerkin Baller Posts: 10,998
    mace1229 said:
    mace1229 said:

Not when the majority of those five minutes constitutes the last word on just about every topic--hence the 16 more times he spoke. That is not how the rules were set up, I believe. 

Luckily for America, Donald Trump is a fucking idiot who repeatedly shot himself in the foot with all those last words...including his closing statement. 
    Yup. He completely unraveled last night. 

Even Lindsay Graham knew she dogwalked him. 
    edited September 11
    mace1229 said:
    mace1229 said:

47% of time for Harris, 53% for trump....
    Post edited by Gern Blansten on

2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
  • mace1229mace1229 Posts: 9,252
    mace1229 said:
    mace1229 said:

I agree with most of what is being said about the debate. 
    Only 2 differences in my opinion is Harris didn't look good either, Trump just looked a lot worse. She didn't have to make any good points, she just had to let Trump talk in order to win. But by doing so, you don't get your message out and you don't make yourself look strong either. I don't think she started out strong. She didn't answer questions either. She just didn't make any really weird statements that made you stop and be like "Wait, what? What cult is she in?" That's a pretty low bar though if that's what we expect in a president. 

And that difference in time is negligible. Who cares about 47 - 53% talking time. Trump got more rebuttals because he asked for it. I don't recall Harris being cut off or denied a chance to speak. Trump asked for a chance to respond and got it every time. She didn't. I just don't see this as being an issue one way or another. 
    https://abcnews.go.com/538/early-polls-harris-won-presidential-debate/story?id=113590484

Early polls say Harris won the presidential debate

As of 1 p.m. Eastern, 538 has collected three national polls and one swing-state poll that were conducted since the debate.* In all of them, more people who watched the debate said Harris won the debate than said Trump did. On average, 57 percent of debate watchers nationally said Harris turned in the better performance; only 34 percent said Trump did.

I don't know, though - Trump said after the debate that he won, and he's never lied before about something he didn't win, so I don't know what to believe guys.
  • The nitty gritty of policy proposals during a debate puts people to sleep. It’s about your “vision” for the nation and the future. In broad, sweeping terms. Kamala hit a home run there. Who wants to go back to “American Carnage?” Some, apparently.
    09/15/1998 & 09/16/1998, Mansfield, MA; 08/29/00 08/30/00, Mansfield, MA; 07/02/03, 07/03/03, Mansfield, MA; 09/28/04, 09/29/04, Boston, MA; 09/22/05, Halifax, NS; 05/24/06, 05/25/06, Boston, MA; 07/22/06, 07/23/06, Gorge, WA; 06/27/2008, Hartford; 06/28/08, 06/30/08, Mansfield; 08/18/2009, O2, London, UK; 10/30/09, 10/31/09, Philadelphia, PA; 05/15/10, Hartford, CT; 05/17/10, Boston, MA; 05/20/10, 05/21/10, NY, NY; 06/22/10, Dublin, IRE; 06/23/10, Northern Ireland; 09/03/11, 09/04/11, Alpine Valley, WI; 09/11/11, 09/12/11, Toronto, Ont; 09/14/11, Ottawa, Ont; 09/15/11, Hamilton, Ont; 07/02/2012, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/04/2012 & 07/05/2012, Berlin, Germany; 07/07/2012, Stockholm, Sweden; 09/30/2012, Missoula, MT; 07/16/2013, London, Ont; 07/19/2013, Chicago, IL; 10/15/2013 & 10/16/2013, Worcester, MA; 10/21/2013 & 10/22/2013, Philadelphia, PA; 10/25/2013, Hartford, CT; 11/29/2013, Portland, OR; 11/30/2013, Spokane, WA; 12/04/2013, Vancouver, BC; 12/06/2013, Seattle, WA; 10/03/2014, St. Louis. MO; 10/22/2014, Denver, CO; 10/26/2015, New York, NY; 04/23/2016, New Orleans, LA; 04/28/2016 & 04/29/2016, Philadelphia, PA; 05/01/2016 & 05/02/2016, New York, NY; 05/08/2016, Ottawa, Ont.; 05/10/2016 & 05/12/2016, Toronto, Ont.; 08/05/2016 & 08/07/2016, Boston, MA; 08/20/2016 & 08/22/2016, Chicago, IL; 07/01/2018, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/03/2018, Krakow, Poland; 07/05/2018, Berlin, Germany; 09/02/2018 & 09/04/2018, Boston, MA; 09/08/2022, Toronto, Ont; 09/11/2022, New York, NY; 09/14/2022, Camden, NJ; 09/02/2023, St. Paul, MN; 05/04/2024 & 05/06/2024, Vancouver, BC; 05/10/2024, Portland, OR;

Libtardaplorable©. And proud of it.

Brilliantati©
  • Glorified KCGlorified KC Posts: 2,605
    I think Harris won the debate last night, but I think she was in the same position as Biden was in June.  There wasn't much to gain in debating Donald Trump but a lot to lose with a bad performance.  Does last night sway anyone in the key states that will decide this election?  Or as John Stewart would put it in "Pawinevmiazgnac" outside if him saying Fuck Dick Cheney.
    I wish I was a sacrifice, but somehow still lived on.
    edited September 11
    mace1229 said:
    mace1229 said:
    mace1229 said:

Only 2 differences in my opinion is Harris didn't look good either, Trump just looked a lot worse. She didn't have to make any good points, she just had to let Trump talk in order to win. But by doing so, you don't get your message out and you don't make yourself look strong either. I don't think she started out strong. She didn't answer questions either. She just didn't make any really weird statements that made you stop and be like "Wait, what? What cult is she in?" That's a pretty low bar though if that's what we expect in a president. 

And that difference in time is negligible. Who cares about 47 - 53% talking time. Trump got more rebuttals because he asked for it. I don't recall Harris being cut off or denied a chance to speak. Trump asked for a chance to respond and got it every time. She didn't. I just don't see this as being an issue one way or another. 
    I think your analysis is way off base. He spoke 16 more times than she did. That is significant. Most of those times were to have the final word, which was not part of the rules. Usually the audience remembers the final thing the candidate says more than the rest....which is why Trump opted to give his closing statement last. So, yes, those extra 30-45 seconds at the end of every top mattered....only it backfired on him because he's just not up for this anymore. 

Also---Harris didn't look good either? I'm sorry...what? I think your bias is showing. You can argue she evaded some questions but that is what every candidate does in a debate when asked something they don't like. I understand you do not agree with her on a lot. But the argument you are making against her not looking good is what most argued against Trump in the first debate. This ain't that...at all. She pounded him on the issues that she needed to like abortion, and healthcare etc....and then she deftly threw grenades at him on topics she is vulnerable on like with immigration. This is when she pivoted to his rallies and Hannibal Lecter etc---completely threw him off his game on the topic he most wants to succeed at. That is the sign of an excellent debate performance.

Sorry Mace. She was fantastic. She made Trump look like a fool last night. The difference in the last debate is Biden did it all to himself. 
    www.myspace.com
  • Tim SimmonsTim Simmons Posts: 7,551
    I think Harris won the debate last night, but I think she was in the same position as Biden was in June.  There wasn't much to gain in debating Donald Trump but a lot to lose with a bad performance.  Does last night sway anyone in the key states that will decide this election?  Or as John Stewart would put it in "Pawinevmiazgnac" outside if him saying Fuck Dick Cheney.
    Yes. There was an upside. She had a larger gap of voters who were less familiar with her vs Trump. A good to great debate could sway them. Yes, the downside of a bad debate was massive. Luckily she threaded the needle and it possible she made some gains or at least made voters more confident in her. 
    Yes. There was an upside. She had a larger gap of voters who were less familiar with her vs Trump. A good to great debate could sway them. Yes, the downside of a bad debate was massive. Luckily she threaded the needle and it possible she made some gains or at least made voters more confident in her. 

Fingers crossed you're right Tim.
    No she wasn't in the same position. People know Joe Biden. She, on the other hand, is still in the process of introducing herself to a lot of America. Big difference and, I think, much different tasks. She excelled.

All it takes is 1.5% difference. I would believe last night could help with those people who were unsure of her going in. She handled herself really well. 

www.myspace.com
  • I wish repubs would make up their minds about what they want in a POTUS candidate for crying out loud. I remember Clinton was too “wonky.” Al Gore as well but drier and blander. Then Kerry was to “aristocratic” speaking several languages fluently, Ivy League educated, served his nation, married rich. Shrub was the guy to have a beer with. Then Obama with that million dollar smile, education and wonkiness but the “Other.” McCain, honorable but outdated, couldn’t connect with the Gen Z and millennials. Romney completely out of touch. Hillary, smart, accomplished, Ivy League education, whole life in public office, got shit done but a woman and a staffer on Nixon’s impeachment committee. Now we have Kamala, middle class kid, mixed race, educated, worked her way up, accomplished, VP and “she didn’t answer the questions.” And didn’t get all wonky. Versus POOTWH, a disgrace of a human being never mind the repub candidate for POTUS after two impeachments, 34 felony convictions, adjudication for rape, 4 pending criminal cases and raves like a lunatic on national television. And yet, yet, the dem candidate has to do better.

Congratulations, you’ve turned the campaign for POTUS into a long lost episode of The Apprentice on one of those third tier cable stations that comes with a basic subscription and never has anything you want to watch. Good fucking lord.
    09/15/1998 & 09/16/1998, Mansfield, MA; 08/29/00 08/30/00, Mansfield, MA; 07/02/03, 07/03/03, Mansfield, MA; 09/28/04, 09/29/04, Boston, MA; 09/22/05, Halifax, NS; 05/24/06, 05/25/06, Boston, MA; 07/22/06, 07/23/06, Gorge, WA; 06/27/2008, Hartford; 06/28/08, 06/30/08, Mansfield; 08/18/2009, O2, London, UK; 10/30/09, 10/31/09, Philadelphia, PA; 05/15/10, Hartford, CT; 05/17/10, Boston, MA; 05/20/10, 05/21/10, NY, NY; 06/22/10, Dublin, IRE; 06/23/10, Northern Ireland; 09/03/11, 09/04/11, Alpine Valley, WI; 09/11/11, 09/12/11, Toronto, Ont; 09/14/11, Ottawa, Ont; 09/15/11, Hamilton, Ont; 07/02/2012, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/04/2012 & 07/05/2012, Berlin, Germany; 07/07/2012, Stockholm, Sweden; 09/30/2012, Missoula, MT; 07/16/2013, London, Ont; 07/19/2013, Chicago, IL; 10/15/2013 & 10/16/2013, Worcester, MA; 10/21/2013 & 10/22/2013, Philadelphia, PA; 10/25/2013, Hartford, CT; 11/29/2013, Portland, OR; 11/30/2013, Spokane, WA; 12/04/2013, Vancouver, BC; 12/06/2013, Seattle, WA; 10/03/2014, St. Louis. MO; 10/22/2014, Denver, CO; 10/26/2015, New York, NY; 04/23/2016, New Orleans, LA; 04/28/2016 & 04/29/2016, Philadelphia, PA; 05/01/2016 & 05/02/2016, New York, NY; 05/08/2016, Ottawa, Ont.; 05/10/2016 & 05/12/2016, Toronto, Ont.; 08/05/2016 & 08/07/2016, Boston, MA; 08/20/2016 & 08/22/2016, Chicago, IL; 07/01/2018, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/03/2018, Krakow, Poland; 07/05/2018, Berlin, Germany; 09/02/2018 & 09/04/2018, Boston, MA; 09/08/2022, Toronto, Ont; 09/11/2022, New York, NY; 09/14/2022, Camden, NJ; 09/02/2023, St. Paul, MN; 05/04/2024 & 05/06/2024, Vancouver, BC; 05/10/2024, Portland, OR;

Libtardaplorable©. And proud of it.

Brilliantati©
    No she wasn't in the same position. People know Joe Biden. She, on the other hand, is still in the process of introducing herself to a lot of America. Big difference and, I think, much different tasks. She excelled.

All it takes is 1.5% difference. I would believe last night could help with those people who were unsure of her going in. She handled herself really well. 

She did great.  The issue I always concern myself with is where are there voters located?  Are they in battleground states or in states that are already decided?  Abolish the Electoral College so I don't have to be paranoid about this bull shit.
  • ^^^^ I don't disagree.

She was very well prepared, though, and she clearly is thinking about the swing states -- her mention of the 800,000 Polish-Americans in Pennsylvania was important, I think! Poland and Poles are more mindful than most of the threat posed by autocracy.
    All those who seek to destroy the liberties of a democratic nation ought to know that war is the surest and shortest means to accomplish it.
  • Merkin BallerMerkin Baller Posts: 10,998
    If Kamala had answered every question, she would probably get criticized for being overprepared. 

mace1229 said:
    mace1229 said:
    mace1229 said:

I think your analysis is way off base. He spoke 16 more times than she did. That is significant. Most of those times were to have the final word, which was not part of the rules. Usually the audience remembers the final thing the candidate says more than the rest....which is why Trump opted to give his closing statement last. So, yes, those extra 30-45 seconds at the end of every top mattered....only it backfired on him because he's just not up for this anymore. 

Also---Harris didn't look good either? I'm sorry...what? I think your bias is showing. You can argue she evaded some questions but that is what every candidate does in a debate when asked something they don't like. I understand you do not agree with her on a lot. But the argument you are making against her not looking good is what most argued against Trump in the first debate. This ain't that...at all. She pounded him on the issues that she needed to like abortion, and healthcare etc....and then she deftly threw grenades at him on topics she is vulnerable on like with immigration. This is when she pivoted to his rallies and Hannibal Lecter etc---completely threw him off his game on the topic he most wants to succeed at. That is the sign of an excellent debate performance.

Sorry Mace. She was fantastic. She made Trump look like a fool last night. The difference in the last debate is Biden did it all to himself. 
    yeah and for them to complain about being fact checked for blatant lies when he got that extra time doesn't make sense...he lost just like the 2020 election and he can't admit it.

Today he said "every poll says I won"....lol

• cutzcutz Posts: 11,747
    MayDay10 said:
    She has him way off his mark.  Her making fun of his rallies has infuriated him and he's been unhinged since then
    That's what I was thinking too when I was watching.

She took him behind the Woodshed!
    I did learn something last night.  Windmills cannot give you cancer.  Glad that was cleared up.