** KAMALA HARRIS FOR PRESIDENT -PART DEUX **

Comments

• Halifax2TheMaxHalifax2TheMax Posts: 38,156
    Polls and a cup of coffee will get you a ham sammich.

I figure that there are a number of repubs who are remaining silent but will vote Harris and a number of repubs who are remaining silent and voting POOTWH. Both are embarrassed and afraid of the respective backlash. One can hope the former has greater numbers.
    09/15/1998 & 09/16/1998, Mansfield, MA; 08/29/00 08/30/00, Mansfield, MA; 07/02/03, 07/03/03, Mansfield, MA; 09/28/04, 09/29/04, Boston, MA; 09/22/05, Halifax, NS; 05/24/06, 05/25/06, Boston, MA; 07/22/06, 07/23/06, Gorge, WA; 06/27/2008, Hartford; 06/28/08, 06/30/08, Mansfield; 08/18/2009, O2, London, UK; 10/30/09, 10/31/09, Philadelphia, PA; 05/15/10, Hartford, CT; 05/17/10, Boston, MA; 05/20/10, 05/21/10, NY, NY; 06/22/10, Dublin, IRE; 06/23/10, Northern Ireland; 09/03/11, 09/04/11, Alpine Valley, WI; 09/11/11, 09/12/11, Toronto, Ont; 09/14/11, Ottawa, Ont; 09/15/11, Hamilton, Ont; 07/02/2012, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/04/2012 & 07/05/2012, Berlin, Germany; 07/07/2012, Stockholm, Sweden; 09/30/2012, Missoula, MT; 07/16/2013, London, Ont; 07/19/2013, Chicago, IL; 10/15/2013 & 10/16/2013, Worcester, MA; 10/21/2013 & 10/22/2013, Philadelphia, PA; 10/25/2013, Hartford, CT; 11/29/2013, Portland, OR; 11/30/2013, Spokane, WA; 12/04/2013, Vancouver, BC; 12/06/2013, Seattle, WA; 10/03/2014, St. Louis. MO; 10/22/2014, Denver, CO; 10/26/2015, New York, NY; 04/23/2016, New Orleans, LA; 04/28/2016 & 04/29/2016, Philadelphia, PA; 05/01/2016 & 05/02/2016, New York, NY; 05/08/2016, Ottawa, Ont.; 05/10/2016 & 05/12/2016, Toronto, Ont.; 08/05/2016 & 08/07/2016, Boston, MA; 08/20/2016 & 08/22/2016, Chicago, IL; 07/01/2018, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/03/2018, Krakow, Poland; 07/05/2018, Berlin, Germany; 09/02/2018 & 09/04/2018, Boston, MA; 09/08/2022, Toronto, Ont; 09/11/2022, New York, NY; 09/14/2022, Camden, NJ; 09/02/2023, St. Paul, MN; 05/04/2024 & 05/06/2024, Vancouver, BC; 05/10/2024, Portland, OR;

Libtardaplorable©. And proud of it.

Brilliantati©
  • njhaley1 said:
    mickeyrat said:

Liz Cheney endorses Harris for president

It's the latest high-profile Republican endorsement for Vice President Kamala Harris' presidential bid.
    Get more news
    on

Sept. 4, 2024, 6:17 PM EDT
    By Kelly O'Donnell, Gabe Gutierrez and Megan Lebowitz

WASHINGTON — Former Rep. Liz Cheney, R-Wyo., on Wednesday endorsed Vice President Kamala Harris for president, the latest high-profile Republican endorsement for Democrats.

Cheney's comments took place during an appearance at Duke University’s Sanford School of Public Policy.

continues.....

Damn, son. Still need Cindy McCain, Mitt Romney, GWB.

I'm guessing some or all will also hold for maximum impact. 

Liz Cheney
    ·
    Aug 11, 2020
    Kamala Harris is a radical liberal who would raise taxes, take away guns & health insurance, and explode the size and power of the federal gov’t. She wants to recreate America in the image of what’s happening on the streets of Portland & Seattle. We won’t give her the chance.
  • Merkin BallerMerkin Baller Posts: 10,985
    edited September 5
    Philly NJ said:
    njhaley1 said:
    mickeyrat said:

It's the latest high-profile Republican endorsement for Vice President Kamala Harris' presidential bid.
    Get more news
    on

WASHINGTON — Former Rep. Liz Cheney, R-Wyo., on Wednesday endorsed Vice President Kamala Harris for president, the latest high-profile Republican endorsement for Democrats.

Cheney's comments took place during an appearance at Duke University’s Sanford School of Public Policy.

continues.....

Liz Cheney
    ·
    Aug 11, 2020
    Kamala Harris is a radical liberal who would raise taxes, take away guns & health insurance, and explode the size and power of the federal gov’t. She wants to recreate America in the image of what’s happening on the streets of Portland & Seattle. We won’t give her the chance.
    & since then Liz Cheney has woke the f up to the reality of our situation. 

You should too. 
  • benjsbenjs Posts: 9,096
    Philly NJ said:
    njhaley1 said:
    mickeyrat said:

Get more news
    on

continues.....

Liz Cheney
    ·
    Aug 11, 2020
    Were you at all concerned when JD Vance called Trump America’s Hitler?
    '05 - TO, '06 - TO 1, '08 - NYC 1 & 2, '09 - TO, Chi 1 & 2, '10 - Buffalo, NYC 1 & 2, '11 - TO 1 & 2, Hamilton, '13 - Buffalo, Brooklyn 1 & 2, '15 - Global Citizen, '16 - TO 1 & 2, Chi 2

EV
    Toronto Film Festival 9/11/2007, '08 - Toronto 1 & 2, '09 - Albany 1, '11 - Chicago 1
  • Gern BlanstenGern Blansten Posts: 19,375
    Philly NJ said:
    njhaley1 said:
    mickeyrat said:

Get more news
    on

continues.....

Liz Cheney
    ·
    Aug 11, 2020
    yeah...and still a better choice then orange fuckface
    Remember the Thomas Nine !! (10/02/2018)

1998: Noblesville; 2003: Noblesville; 2009: EV Nashville, Chicago, Chicago
    2010: St Louis, Columbus, Noblesville; 2011: EV Chicago, East Troy, East Troy
    2013: London ON, Wrigley; 2014: Cincy, St Louis, Moline (NO CODE)
    2016: Lexington, Wrigley #1; 2018: Wrigley, Wrigley, Boston, Boston
    2020: Oakland, Oakland:  2021: EV Ohana, Ohana, Ohana, Ohana
    2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
    2024: Noblesville, Wrigley, Wrigley, Ohana, Ohana
  • Tim SimmonsTim Simmons Posts: 7,545
    But yeah, fuck her. 
  • Philly NJ said:
    njhaley1 said:
    mickeyrat said:

Get more news
    on

continues.....

Liz Cheney
    ·
    Aug 11, 2020
    i just checked and this was definitely stated prior to 1/6/2021.

maga logic- people are definitely not allowed to change their mind or do what they believe is the right thing. they are always tied to their old opinions and must continue to show public fealty to trump...
    "You can tell the greatness of a man by what makes him angry."  - Lincoln

"Well, you tell him that I don't talk to suckas."
  • Go BeaversGo Beavers Posts: 8,941
    Philly NJ said:
    njhaley1 said:
    mickeyrat said:

Get more news
    on

continues.....

Liz Cheney
    ·
    Aug 11, 2020
    This doesn’t have the impact you think it has. This either means that Cheney’s endorsing her despite her being a radical commie, because Trump is worse, or that she’s not an actual
    radical commie. 
  • mickeyratmickeyrat Posts: 37,593
    edited September 5
    Philly NJ said:
    njhaley1 said:
    mickeyrat said:

Get more news
    on

continues.....

Liz Cheney
    ·
    Aug 11, 2020
    This doesn’t have the impact you think it has. This either means that Cheney’s endorsing her despite her being a radical commie, because Trump is worse, or that she’s not an actual
    radical commie. 

maybe its fuckstick that is.....
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • njhaley1njhaley1 Posts: 551
    Philly NJ said:
    njhaley1 said:
    mickeyrat said:

Get more news
    on

continues.....

Liz Cheney
    ·
    Aug 11, 2020
    Trump must be really bad for her to endorse Kamala now, then. 
  • pjl44pjl44 Posts: 9,107
    "allowing alleged criminal activity"....hmmm

yeah judge I didn't rob this bank but I held the door open for the robbers and helped them load up their trunk with cash before I drove them away
    Running a social media platform with millions of users where a couple users engage in criminal activity is not remotely comparable to directly taking part in a bank robbery.

There is a legitimate argument here but you guys aren't getting close to it: What responsibility does a social media company have to comply with law enforcement requests? Which requests should you comply with and which should you resist as government overreach? Very complicated questions and probably better for "over beers" vs a message board conversation.

I only brought up this case as a reference point for why the Harris clip surfaced. My feelings on it are complex.
    mickeyrat said:
    pjl44 said:
    mickeyrat said:
    pjl44 said:
    It's exactly the point of the clip. It's surfacing again because of Pavel Durov's arrest, Reich's Guardian piece, etc.
    This guy was arrested and he's being charged with money laundry is he not? So tell me what does that have to do with free speech.

He is not, no
    fair enough. I read that in an early article. it may have been he's suspected of that.  BUT then theres this.
    so, same question. What do these have to so with free speech?

The core of the issue with him is when and how should a social media company comply with government or law enforcement? There can be very obvious cases like if they're investigating a murder. But what if the FBI reached out for all of Jake Tapper's activity and won't tell you why. In what scenarios can you refuse? Or should you refuse? And how do you write a rugged internal policy around that?
    edited September 5
    That’s like a topped off Pinot Grigio for the MSNBC moms. 

Fuck that woman and her family. 
    The embrace of Liz Cheney and the most duplicitous McCain staffers who founded the Lincoln Project. Continues to flummox me! My enemy's enemy is hairy territory.
    Post edited by pjl44 on
  • The JugglerThe Juggler Posts: 48,388
    edited September 5
    pjl44 said:

The embrace of Liz Cheney and the most duplicitous McCain staffers who founded the Lincoln Project. Continues to flummox me! My enemy's enemy is hairy territory.
    Really? It should not flummox you when you consider how much of a danger Trump represents in general. These people rightly recognize that if things don't go well for Harris then they can just vote her out in four years and that she'd accept the results of the election.

Conversely the other guy already tried to reverse the outcome of an election. That is all most rational people need to know.

It's not a normal election and it is not overly complicated. 
    Post edited by The Juggler on
    www.myspace.com
    pjl44 said:

Really? It should not flummox you when you consider how much of a danger Trump represents in general. These people rightly recognize that if things don't go well for Harris then they can just vote her out in four years. Conversely the other guy already tried to reverse the outcome of an election. That is all most rational people care about. It's not a normal election and it is not overly complicated. 
    The Lincoln Project engages in a lot of shit that is bad societally and also occasionally backfires. You have to be a pretty bloodless "ends justify the means" type to appreciate their work.

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2021/oct/30/lincoln-project-glenn-youngkin-virginia-event
  • josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 29,121
    Philly NJ said:
    njhaley1 said:
    mickeyrat said:

Get more news
    on

continues.....

Liz Cheney
    ·
    Aug 11, 2020
    Hey did attend the show last night? You know the show where Ed called out the judges for trampling women’s productive rights or the gun problem we have in this nation? 
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • The JugglerThe Juggler Posts: 48,388
    pjl44 said:
    pjl44 said:

Really? It should not flummox you when you consider how much of a danger Trump represents in general. These people rightly recognize that if things don't go well for Harris then they can just vote her out in four years. Conversely the other guy already tried to reverse the outcome of an election. That is all most rational people care about. It's not a normal election and it is not overly complicated. 
    The Lincoln Project engages in a lot of shit that is bad societally and also occasionally backfires. You have to be a pretty bloodless "ends justify the means" type to appreciate their work.

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2021/oct/30/lincoln-project-glenn-youngkin-virginia-event
    I don't care. The goal is to defeat maga and preserve democracy. They're on the right side of that battle.

Like I said--this is not an overly complicated matter. 
    www.myspace.com
  • mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 29,308
    pjl44 said:

yeah judge I didn't rob this bank but I held the door open for the robbers and helped them load up their trunk with cash before I drove them away
    Running a social media platform with millions of users where a couple users engage in criminal activity is not remotely comparable to directly taking part in a bank robbery.

There is a legitimate argument here but you guys aren't getting close to it: What responsibility does a social media company have to comply with law enforcement requests? Which requests should you comply with and which should you resist as government overreach? Very complicated questions and probably better for "over beers" vs a message board conversation.

I only brought up this case as a reference point for why the Harris clip surfaced. My feelings on it are complex.
    Okay let's use another analogy.  US Banks are required to comply with the Bank Secrecy Act.  It has a ton of requirements and I am happy to nerd out on OCC oversight rules, but let's stick to the one you probably have heard about.  Banks are required to file SARS reports any time daily transactions of individuals exceed $10k.  These are sent to FinCen and are part of standard KYC laws that every single national, state and credit union must adhere.  This helps the OCC and DOJ monitor for financial crimes.  

So it's not like asking social media company to have TOS and reporting requirements to law enforcement, and to attend to law enforcement requests (with or without subpoena) is something crazy and Communist in this country.  Every single day the OCC makes data record requests of banks without a warrant and the banks adhere to them.  
    edited September 5
    mrussel1 said:
    pjl44 said:

Okay let's use another analogy.  US Banks are required to comply with the Bank Secrecy Act.  It has a ton of requirements and I am happy to nerd out on OCC oversight rules, but let's stick to the one you probably have heard about.  Banks are required to file SARS reports any time daily transactions of individuals exceed $10k.  These are sent to FinCen and are part of standard KYC laws that every single national, state and credit union must adhere.  This helps the OCC and DOJ monitor for financial crimes.  

So it's not like asking social media company to have TOS and reporting requirements to law enforcement, and to attend to law enforcement requests (with or without subpoena) is something crazy and Communist in this country.  Every single day the OCC makes data record requests of banks without a warrant and the banks adhere to them.  
    The SARS reports you mention are in my opinion a bad requirement, overreaching, and something I would support eliminating. Extending a similar policy to social media companies is something I would aggressively oppose.
    pjl44 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    pjl44 said:

The SARS reports you mention are in my opinion a bad requirement, overreaching, and something I would support eliminating. Extending a similar policy to social media companies is something I would aggressively oppose.
    Well for a good period of time I worked directly with the OCC as the official rep of a large, national bank.  And I can tell you that the reports are effective at snuffing out money laundering operations as well as reducing the threat of terrorism.  But you've already shown us a few times that you are more pro-criminal, since you don't mind Trump breaking the law publicly.  Either way, I don't care what you support.  Instead you act like the off the cuff statement by Harris was some fascist, communist (pick your pejorative) hellscape when we continue to provide examples of existing US law, policy and customs that are similar and did not descend us into the specter of jack-booted thugs roaming the streets.  
    We always get to the same destination. Make sure to take a baby aspirin.
    pjl44 said:
    We always get to the same destination. Make sure to take a baby aspirin.
    You should just take the L on that stupid clip you posted.  You should be embarrassed.  We all make mistakes though.  
    I stand by everything I've posted and would welcome it being challenged a la Gern and Mickey who, by contrast, have enough in the tank to address it directly 
  • tbergstbergs Posts: 9,538
    Philly NJ said:
    Seanjhaley1 said:
    mickeyrat said:

Get more news
    on

continues.....

Liz Cheney
    ·
    Aug 11, 2020
    Seems on par with almost all Republicans and their constant flip flopping; however, it's usually over Trump, the border, the economy, when it's ok to appoint SC justices, etc. This only proves they go with the wind and have no direction. Glad you once again pointed out their hypocrisy. The GOP is garbage.
    It's a hopeless situation...
  • Gern BlanstenGern Blansten Posts: 19,375
    pjl44 said:
    I stand by everything I've posted and would welcome it being challenged a la Gern and Mickey who, by contrast, have enough in the tank to address it directly 
    Nothing to challenge. It was a political stunt that they admittedly performed. They didn't hide from anything.

I'm glad they did it and I hope they continue to do it to point out how racist the GOP has become.
    Remember the Thomas Nine !! (10/02/2018)

1998: Noblesville; 2003: Noblesville; 2009: EV Nashville, Chicago, Chicago
    2010: St Louis, Columbus, Noblesville; 2011: EV Chicago, East Troy, East Troy
    2013: London ON, Wrigley; 2014: Cincy, St Louis, Moline (NO CODE)
    2016: Lexington, Wrigley #1; 2018: Wrigley, Wrigley, Boston, Boston
    2020: Oakland, Oakland:  2021: EV Ohana, Ohana, Ohana, Ohana
    2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
    2024: Noblesville, Wrigley, Wrigley, Ohana, Ohana
    pjl44 said:
    Derp, okay.  LMK when you need some more analogies to correct your misunderstanding of the law and Constitution.  
    Interestingly, whether it's the banks or social media companies or whomever, my ethos on this stuff is pretty well expressed by this Pearl Jam T-shirt I picked up recently 

pjl44 said:
    Interestingly, whether it's the banks or social media companies or whomever, my ethos on this stuff is pretty well expressed by this Pearl Jam T-shirt I picked up recently 

Wow... now that a rock band has made their views known, I should probably discount the years I worked in regulatory affairs.  That all seems too real, effective and concrete now compared to this highly influential graphic.  If only there was a meme you could drop, or a small manipulated clip that could really bring this home.  

Another winning argument.  You're on a roll.  
    mrussel1 said:
    pjl44 said:

Wow... now that a rock band has made their views known, I should probably discount the years I worked in regulatory affairs.  That all seems too real, effective and concrete now compared to this highly influential graphic.  If only there was a meme you could drop, or a small manipulated clip that could really bring this home.  

Another winning argument.  You're on a roll.  
    Lol believe me I trust that you have banking and/or lawyering in your background 
  • Halifax2TheMaxHalifax2TheMax Posts: 38,156
    I sometimes wonder if some posters here have ever travelled to and visited a third world country. You know, the ones with a weak central government, lax laws or enforcement of same? The ones where you might have to slip the customs agent some cash to retrieve your luggage?

Sounds like someone is defending money laundering through real estate transactions to me. I wonder why? Could it be they’re “libertarian?” Or an “Indy” voter?
    09/15/1998 & 09/16/1998, Mansfield, MA; 08/29/00 08/30/00, Mansfield, MA; 07/02/03, 07/03/03, Mansfield, MA; 09/28/04, 09/29/04, Boston, MA; 09/22/05, Halifax, NS; 05/24/06, 05/25/06, Boston, MA; 07/22/06, 07/23/06, Gorge, WA; 06/27/2008, Hartford; 06/28/08, 06/30/08, Mansfield; 08/18/2009, O2, London, UK; 10/30/09, 10/31/09, Philadelphia, PA; 05/15/10, Hartford, CT; 05/17/10, Boston, MA; 05/20/10, 05/21/10, NY, NY; 06/22/10, Dublin, IRE; 06/23/10, Northern Ireland; 09/03/11, 09/04/11, Alpine Valley, WI; 09/11/11, 09/12/11, Toronto, Ont; 09/14/11, Ottawa, Ont; 09/15/11, Hamilton, Ont; 07/02/2012, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/04/2012 & 07/05/2012, Berlin, Germany; 07/07/2012, Stockholm, Sweden; 09/30/2012, Missoula, MT; 07/16/2013, London, Ont; 07/19/2013, Chicago, IL; 10/15/2013 & 10/16/2013, Worcester, MA; 10/21/2013 & 10/22/2013, Philadelphia, PA; 10/25/2013, Hartford, CT; 11/29/2013, Portland, OR; 11/30/2013, Spokane, WA; 12/04/2013, Vancouver, BC; 12/06/2013, Seattle, WA; 10/03/2014, St. Louis. MO; 10/22/2014, Denver, CO; 10/26/2015, New York, NY; 04/23/2016, New Orleans, LA; 04/28/2016 & 04/29/2016, Philadelphia, PA; 05/01/2016 & 05/02/2016, New York, NY; 05/08/2016, Ottawa, Ont.; 05/10/2016 & 05/12/2016, Toronto, Ont.; 08/05/2016 & 08/07/2016, Boston, MA; 08/20/2016 & 08/22/2016, Chicago, IL; 07/01/2018, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/03/2018, Krakow, Poland; 07/05/2018, Berlin, Germany; 09/02/2018 & 09/04/2018, Boston, MA; 09/08/2022, Toronto, Ont; 09/11/2022, New York, NY; 09/14/2022, Camden, NJ; 09/02/2023, St. Paul, MN; 05/04/2024 & 05/06/2024, Vancouver, BC; 05/10/2024, Portland, OR;

Libtardaplorable©. And proud of it.

Brilliantati©