** KAMALA HARRIS FOR PRESIDENT -PART DEUX **

Comments

• Tim SimmonsTim Simmons Posts: 7,551
    Kamala pivoted left on several policy positions in 2020 because of the success Bernie had in 2016. She thought she could thread the needle and appeal to both center left Dems and the far left. She missed. Politically, like most Dems, they know the middle is where to govern, but you win elections by appeal to as wide of a group as possible. 
  • pjl44pjl44 Posts: 9,111
    Kamala pivoted left on several policy positions in 2020 because of the success Bernie had in 2016. She thought she could thread the needle and appeal to both center left Dems and the far left. She missed. Politically, like most Dems, they know the middle is where to govern, but you win elections by appeal to as wide of a group as possible. 
    She should put those centrist positions on her website! Sit down with a journalist and explain these delightfully moderate views!
    pjl44 said:
    pjl44 said:
    just says a lot that Trump is even under consideration
    For the record "not voting for Dem X" means "skipping President and voting for everything else" not "voting for Trump" 
    that's acceptable! :)
    I'm frankly a little uneasy that Harris isn't President right now.
    There’s still time!
    pjl44 said:
    She should put those centrist positions on her website! Sit down with a journalist and explain these delightfully moderate views!
    I agree. But also, ride the vibes and polls out. There’s so much wind at her back and Trump is flopping. Let him make unforced errors. 
  • mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 29,309
    pjl44 said:
    I agree. But also, ride the vibes and polls out. There’s so much wind at her back and Trump is flopping. Let him make unforced errors. 
    I agree.  Why give fodder for right now? Let her be a mystery until she can't. 
    edited August 26
    Plouffe knows what he’s doing. 
    In reality, her Admin is basically gonna be an extension of Biden’s. 

The Economy is headed in the right direction, Ukraine is what it is, there are infrastructure plans, and environmental damage mitigation. 

Israel is the only sticking point and she’s signaled she will be firmer with Bibi. 

• pjl44pjl44 Posts: 9,111
    pjl44 said:
    Too cynical for me and a bit of a tightrope walk with current polling. It's very telling subtext that "supporters" think her campaign is better off if she's not tested.
    The testing is inevitable. Historically, people only start paying attention now ish. 
  • mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 29,309
    pjl44 said:
    pjl44 said:
    Too cynical for me and a bit of a tightrope walk with current polling. It's very telling subtext that "supporters" think her campaign is better off if she's not tested.
    Please.  You're not naive enough to think that Fox or whoever will spin whatever she says.  Take the price-gouging.  That's a law in many states, including Alabama and Florida due to the hurricanes.  Yet, it took Fox one minute to call it "price controls".  
  • Gern BlanstenGern Blansten Posts: 19,397
    mrussel1 said:
    pjl44 said:
    pjl44 said:
    Please.  You're not naive enough to think that Fox or whoever will spin whatever she says.  Take the price-gouging.  That's a law in many states, including Alabama and Florida due to the hurricanes.  Yet, it took Fox one minute to call it "price controls".  
    exactly...plus trump is tripping all over himself right now. The right thinks the RFK thing was a game changer but it's close to worthless.

If they start giving RFK a voice in the campaign it will be a gift from the heavens.
    Remember the Thomas Nine !! (10/02/2018)

1998: Noblesville; 2003: Noblesville; 2009: EV Nashville, Chicago, Chicago
    2010: St Louis, Columbus, Noblesville; 2011: EV Chicago, East Troy, East Troy
    2013: London ON, Wrigley; 2014: Cincy, St Louis, Moline (NO CODE)
    2016: Lexington, Wrigley #1; 2018: Wrigley, Wrigley, Boston, Boston
    2020: Oakland, Oakland:  2021: EV Ohana, Ohana, Ohana, Ohana
    2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
    2024: Noblesville, Wrigley, Wrigley, Ohana, Ohana
  • mickeyratmickeyrat Posts: 37,612
    Kamala pivoted left on several policy positions in 2020 because of the success Bernie had in 2016. She thought she could thread the needle and appeal to both center left Dems and the far left. She missed. Politically, like most Dems, they know the middle is where to govern, but you win elections by appealing to as wide of a group as possible. 

At the end of the day Democrats are boring af, do just enough to get by, and try to stay the course. 

a good measure of where she is/was/mightbe is to look at her senate races and what was said for those vs now.
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • teskeincteskeinc Posts: 1,444
    pjl44 said:
    pjl44 said:
    So true. It’s amazing she’s running for the most important job in the world and they won’t let her talk. Every candidate ever wants to get in front of every camera they can and tell us why they are the best. Not Kamala. 

I think she’s way too nervous. All she seems to do is wave, smile and laugh. Her response the other day to a reporter asking “what’s next?” was…… “We are going up those stairs!” to her plane 🤦‍♂️

She’s been instructed to say nothing. Take no questions. Campaign will handle everything, just show up and read what she’s told.
    1994 : Memphis 1995 : New Orleans 1996 : Seattle
    1998 : St Louis, Birmingham, Knoxville
    2000 : Memphis, Nashville, St Louis
    2003 : Irvine 1+2, Vegas, Bridge School 1+2, Santa Barbara
    2005 : Missoula, Vancouver, Gorge 2006 : LA 1+2, Vegas
    2008 : W Palm Beach, Tampa, Who Rock Honors, EV LA 2
    2009 : LA 1, LA 4, EV 1 Nashville 2011 : EV Long Beach
    2012: EV Vegas 1+2
    2013 LA 1+2 2018 Prague, Wrigley 2
    2020 Phoenix, SD

mickeyrat said:
    Kamala pivoted left on several policy positions in 2020 because of the success Bernie had in 2016. She thought she could thread the needle and appeal to both center left Dems and the far left. She missed. Politically, like most Dems, they know the middle is where to govern, but you win elections by appealing to as wide of a group as possible. 

At the end of the day Democrats are boring af, do just enough to get by, and try to stay the course. 

a good measure of where she is/was/mightbe is to look at her senate races and what was said for those vs now.
    Would it really be that hard to just tell us where she stands? Put it on her website? This is it. 
    2020 Phoenix, SD

teskeinc said:
    pjl44 said:
    pjl44 said:
    So true. It’s amazing she’s running for the most important job in the world and they won’t let her talk. Every candidate ever wants to get in front of every camera they can and tell us why they are the best. Not Kamala. 

I think she’s way too nervous. All she seems to do is wave, smile and laugh. Her response the other day to a reporter asking “what’s next?” was…… “We are going up those stairs!” to her plane 🤦‍♂️

She’s been instructed to say nothing. Take no questions. Campaign will handle everything, just show up and read what she’s told.
    I’m certain she has agency here. But I get it’s best for conservative narratives to minimize her to being programmed.
  • The JugglerThe Juggler Posts: 48,401
    Seems like Trump is laying the groundwork to back out of the debate. 

What's he so scared of?
    www.myspace.com
    Look I know there’s campaign norms. But Donald Trump has proven you don’t need to abide by the norms anymore. I have no doubt her site will get updated and she’ll do interviews and take questions. But the narratives created around her not doing those things are weird. 

Donald Trump is surrounded by rakes and keeps stepping on them. Let the bit go on. He’s shook
    Look I know there’s campaign norms. But Donald Trump has proven you don’t need to abide by the norms anymore. I have no doubt her site will get updated and she’ll do interviews and take questions. But the narratives created around her not doing those things are weird. 

Donald Trump is surrounded by rakes and keeps stepping on them. Let the bit go on. He’s shook
    He’s doing the same thing he has always done. He won an election. Lost an election. Knocked out a candidate early and still the favorite to win in November. What he does works for him.
    2020 Phoenix, SD

edited August 26

I think it's funny. Watch her beat him without even doing an interview. Maga heads will explode. lol
    www.myspace.com
    If you want to see Kamala crash and burn, put her in a Town Hall style debate where questions are asked by the audience. She is mentally incapable of handling that. She’s just too nervous, in way over her head and I don’t think she even wants to be President now. VP was perfect for her. 
    2020 Phoenix, SD

teskeinc said:
    If you want to see Kamala crash and burn, put her in a Town Hall style debate where questions are asked by the audience. She is mentally incapable of handling that. She’s just too nervous, in way over her head and I don’t think she even wants to be President now. VP was perfect for her. 

www.myspace.com
    teskeinc said:
    Yeah, I don’t know if (I’m assuming you’re going off of) the 2020 debates are the best baseline. 

She was always sharp and prepared for her judiciary cute hearings and questioning. Also she was a prosecutor. They need to think fast when getting answers from the stand. 
    Also, to say nothing of, like, that’s just your opinion man. 

I thought she was fine in 2020

She literally had no support in 2020. No one liked her. We know the reason Biden/DNC picked her. There was talk of replacing her on the ticket this year. It just seems that they are just creating an illusion of a candidate. 

For Democrats it doesn’t matter. But for the undecided it does. She’s on record stating very far left policies. If she comes out and does a 180 on these then that’s ammo for Trump. If she stays true to her past policies it’s way to left (historically) for independent and undecided voters.
    2020 Phoenix, SD

• Halifax2TheMaxHalifax2TheMax Posts: 38,179
    teskeinc said:

She literally had no support in 2020. No one liked her. We know the reason Biden/DNC picked her. There was talk of replacing her on the ticket this year. It just seems that they are just creating an illusion of a candidate. 

For Democrats it doesn’t matter. But for the undecided it does. She’s on record stating very far left policies. If she comes out and does a 180 on these then that’s ammo for Trump. If she stays true to her past policies it’s way to left (historically) for independent and undecided voters.
    Give us three examples of Kamala’s “very far left policies.” Give us two seeing how you’ve already claimed her tax policies as “radical.”
    09/15/1998 & 09/16/1998, Mansfield, MA; 08/29/00 08/30/00, Mansfield, MA; 07/02/03, 07/03/03, Mansfield, MA; 09/28/04, 09/29/04, Boston, MA; 09/22/05, Halifax, NS; 05/24/06, 05/25/06, Boston, MA; 07/22/06, 07/23/06, Gorge, WA; 06/27/2008, Hartford; 06/28/08, 06/30/08, Mansfield; 08/18/2009, O2, London, UK; 10/30/09, 10/31/09, Philadelphia, PA; 05/15/10, Hartford, CT; 05/17/10, Boston, MA; 05/20/10, 05/21/10, NY, NY; 06/22/10, Dublin, IRE; 06/23/10, Northern Ireland; 09/03/11, 09/04/11, Alpine Valley, WI; 09/11/11, 09/12/11, Toronto, Ont; 09/14/11, Ottawa, Ont; 09/15/11, Hamilton, Ont; 07/02/2012, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/04/2012 & 07/05/2012, Berlin, Germany; 07/07/2012, Stockholm, Sweden; 09/30/2012, Missoula, MT; 07/16/2013, London, Ont; 07/19/2013, Chicago, IL; 10/15/2013 & 10/16/2013, Worcester, MA; 10/21/2013 & 10/22/2013, Philadelphia, PA; 10/25/2013, Hartford, CT; 11/29/2013, Portland, OR; 11/30/2013, Spokane, WA; 12/04/2013, Vancouver, BC; 12/06/2013, Seattle, WA; 10/03/2014, St. Louis. MO; 10/22/2014, Denver, CO; 10/26/2015, New York, NY; 04/23/2016, New Orleans, LA; 04/28/2016 & 04/29/2016, Philadelphia, PA; 05/01/2016 & 05/02/2016, New York, NY; 05/08/2016, Ottawa, Ont.; 05/10/2016 & 05/12/2016, Toronto, Ont.; 08/05/2016 & 08/07/2016, Boston, MA; 08/20/2016 & 08/22/2016, Chicago, IL; 07/01/2018, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/03/2018, Krakow, Poland; 07/05/2018, Berlin, Germany; 09/02/2018 & 09/04/2018, Boston, MA; 09/08/2022, Toronto, Ont; 09/11/2022, New York, NY; 09/14/2022, Camden, NJ; 09/02/2023, St. Paul, MN; 05/04/2024 & 05/06/2024, Vancouver, BC; 05/10/2024, Portland, OR;

Libtardaplorable©. And proud of it.

Brilliantati©
    teskeinc said:

www.myspace.com
  • josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 29,125
    Trumpollini has no momentum at this point RFK jr momentum lasted 12 hours 😂😂 he has already reached the ceiling! She’s still rising, if he’s so confident let him debate her on the 9/10 ABC 
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
    teskeinc said:
    pjl44 said:
    pjl44 said:

lol you clearly missed her convention speech...you keep getting duped man!

2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
    I dont see how it’s ammo for Trump. I’d rather my leaders be adapt and changed based on the times and the people they lead. A rigidity in ideology is problematic.

but you were talking about debate performance (I assume), not support.  I agree she was not supported but there were several candidates running. I don’t think running an unsuccessful campaign precludes you from trying again. 
    I dont see how it’s ammo for Trump. I’d rather my leaders be adapt and changed based on the times and the people they lead. A rigidity in ideology is problematic.

but you were talking about debate performance (I assume), not support.  I agree she was not supported but there were several candidates running. I don’t think running an unsuccessful campaign precludes you from trying again. 
    ala trump