laura guy 🐈🐈‍⬛🌻🐦🚴🏻🇺🇦🥥 @lauraannguy
    I’ll just leave this here.
    #CatLadiesForKamala

Post edited by Sea on
    Falling down,...not staying down
  • Johnny AbruzzoJohnny Abruzzo Posts: 11,272
    I thought it would be #KatLadiesForKamala

;)
    Spectrum 10/27/09; New Orleans JazzFest 5/1/10; Made in America 9/2/12; WF Center 10/21/13; WF Center 10/22/13;
    Baltimore Arena 10/27/13; WF Center 4/28/16; WF Center 4/29/16; Fenway Park 8/7/16; Fenway Park 9/2/18; Asbury Park 9/18/21;
    Camden 9/14/22; Las Vegas 5/16/24; Las Vegas 5/18/24; WF Center 9/7/24; WF Center 9/9/24; Baltimore Arena 9/12/24

Tres Mtns - TLA 3/23/11; EV - Tower Theatre 6/25/11; Temple of the Dog - Tower Theatre 11/5/16
  • curmudgeonesscurmudgeoness Posts: 3,833
    All those who seek to destroy the liberties of a democratic nation ought to know that war is the surest and shortest means to accomplish it.
  • tempo_n_groovetempo_n_groove Posts: 40,002
    uh...well Hannity posted a tweet two hours after the endorsement that Obama didn't think she was ready and wouldn't endorse or something to that effect

so...yeah
    the trump campaign did not. someone tweeted yesterday that there is uncertainty and that rumors were that michelle was going to replace harris and would be the nominee at the convention. this uncertainty is the exact reason trump campaign gave last night for backing out of the debates.

looks like he needs to find another excuse.
    So two things I find interesting.  We believe Hannity now?  Got it.

Michelle Obama, who has zero credentials other than being the first lady, never ran for public office, was going to run for president? Got it.

So has anyone else not endorsed her yet that we can spread some more rumors?
  • OnWis97OnWis97 Posts: 4,970
    The cat lady comment is a perfect example of how these people who "love America" have so much contempt for so many Americans.
    1995 Milwaukee     1998 Alpine, Alpine     2003 Albany, Boston, Boston, Boston     2004 Boston, Boston     2006 Hartford, St. Paul (Petty), St. Paul (Petty)     2011 Alpine, Alpine     
    2013 Wrigley     2014 St. Paul     2016 Fenway, Fenway, Wrigley, Wrigley     2018 Missoula, Wrigley, Wrigley     2021 Asbury Park     2022 St Louis     2023 Austin, Austin
  • Johnny AbruzzoJohnny Abruzzo Posts: 11,272
    The whole idea of Michele Obama running for president is so ridiculous. As you say she has no experience and is obviously uninterested. Her high approval ratings would drop if she got into politics. Still, I can buy the idea that the Trump Campaign would be biting that bait.
    Spectrum 10/27/09; New Orleans JazzFest 5/1/10; Made in America 9/2/12; WF Center 10/21/13; WF Center 10/22/13;
    Baltimore Arena 10/27/13; WF Center 4/28/16; WF Center 4/29/16; Fenway Park 8/7/16; Fenway Park 9/2/18; Asbury Park 9/18/21;
    Camden 9/14/22; Las Vegas 5/16/24; Las Vegas 5/18/24; WF Center 9/7/24; WF Center 9/9/24; Baltimore Arena 9/12/24

Tres Mtns - TLA 3/23/11; EV - Tower Theatre 6/25/11; Temple of the Dog - Tower Theatre 11/5/16
  • darwinstheorydarwinstheory Posts: 6,275
    uh...well Hannity posted a tweet two hours after the endorsement that Obama didn't think she was ready and wouldn't endorse or something to that effect

so...yeah
    the trump campaign did not. someone tweeted yesterday that there is uncertainty and that rumors were that michelle was going to replace harris and would be the nominee at the convention. this uncertainty is the exact reason trump campaign gave last night for backing out of the debates.

Michelle Obama, who has zero credentials other than being the first lady, never ran for public office, was going to run for president? Got it.

I believe Gern and Gimme were suggesting that those were the talking points from the conservative side. Trying to create doubt/factions/headlines amongst their readers & viewers. If Hannity posts or says it, yes, there will be people who believe it. Many people. 

Your response regarding Mrs. Obama and her lack of credentials kind of went out the window back in 2016. 
    "A smart monkey doesn't monkey around with another monkey's monkey" - Darwin's Theory
  • Merkin BallerMerkin Baller Posts: 10,994
    edited July 26

so...yeah

Idk about all that, but I think the bigger point here is that trump specifically cited the Obamas’ lack of endorsement as a reason to weasel out of the debate w/ Harris. 
    Now he has to come up w/ a different excuse.
  • brianluxbrianlux Posts: 41,556

so...yeah

Idk about all that, but I think the bigger point here is that trump specifically cited the Obamas’ lack of endorsement as a reason to weasel out of the debate w/ Harris. 

And of course, he will.  Can you imagine the entertainment value of Trump trying to debate Harris?  :lol: 
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,615

so...yeah

JFK Jr. (hath he risen yet?) has not endorsed her.
    Nothing from Jimmy Carter yet near as I can tell.
    And radio silence from Kim Jong Un.
    This weekend we rock Portland
  • Merkin BallerMerkin Baller Posts: 10,994
    brianlux said:

so...yeah

And of course, he will.  Can you imagine the entertainment value of Trump trying to debate Harris?  :lol: 
    He’ll say the wrong thing or just stroke out if he gets embarrassed on a national stage by a woman, never mind a minority. 

Which would be awful, of course. 
    Poncier said:

so...yeah

This was good, lol!

so...yeah

I believe Gern and Gimme were suggesting that those were the talking points from the conservative side. Trying to create doubt/factions/headlines amongst their readers & viewers. If Hannity posts or says it, yes, there will be people who believe it. Many people. 

Your response regarding Mrs. Obama and her lack of credentials kind of went out the window back in 2016. 
    The Michelle comment was directly because of this.

"that rumors were that michelle was going to replace harris and would be the nominee at the convention"
    Poncier said:

so...yeah

Jimmy might endorse her.

I'd guess JFK, Jr. will endorse nobody either because he still thinks he's in the race or because he simply won't want to attach his name to either. I'd say there's a bigger chance he endorses Trump than Harris, but the biggest chance is probably nobody.
    1995 Milwaukee     1998 Alpine, Alpine     2003 Albany, Boston, Boston, Boston     2004 Boston, Boston     2006 Hartford, St. Paul (Petty), St. Paul (Petty)     2011 Alpine, Alpine     
    2013 Wrigley     2014 St. Paul     2016 Fenway, Fenway, Wrigley, Wrigley     2018 Missoula, Wrigley, Wrigley     2021 Asbury Park     2022 St Louis     2023 Austin, Austin
  • benjsbenjs Posts: 9,096
    OnWis97 said:
    Poncier said:

so...yeah

Jimmy might endorse her.

I'd guess JFK, Jr. will endorse nobody either because he still thinks he's in the race or because he simply won't want to attach his name to either. I'd say there's a bigger chance he endorses Trump than Harris, but the biggest chance is probably nobody.
    Maybe he’ll endorse his brain worm.
    '05 - TO, '06 - TO 1, '08 - NYC 1 & 2, '09 - TO, Chi 1 & 2, '10 - Buffalo, NYC 1 & 2, '11 - TO 1 & 2, Hamilton, '13 - Buffalo, Brooklyn 1 & 2, '15 - Global Citizen, '16 - TO 1 & 2, Chi 2

EV
    Toronto Film Festival 9/11/2007, '08 - Toronto 1 & 2, '09 - Albany 1, '11 - Chicago 1
  • PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,615
    OnWis97 said:
    Poncier said:

so...yeah

Jimmy might endorse her.

Not RFK Jr., I said JFK Jr., Q-anon's chosen savior of the world.

QAnon Believers Flock to Dallas for the Grand Return of JFK Jr. (rollingstone.com)

QAnon Fears R.F.K., Jr., Will Take Votes Away from J.F.K., Jr. | The New Yorker
    This weekend we rock Portland
  • teskeincteskeinc Posts: 1,439
    The whole idea of Michele Obama running for president is so ridiculous. As you say she has no experience and is obviously uninterested. Her high approval ratings would drop if she got into politics. Still, I can buy the idea that the Trump Campaign would be biting that bait.
    The difference is people like the Obamas. She would have a better chance to win than Kamala, even with “no experience”. That’s why Kamala dropped out in 2020 before the first primary. No one liked her and ran a terrible campaign. I read 92% of her staff as VP quit on her. 

1994 : Memphis 1995 : New Orleans 1996 : Seattle
    1998 : St Louis, Birmingham, Knoxville
    2000 : Memphis, Nashville, St Louis
    2003 : Irvine 1+2, Vegas, Bridge School 1+2, Santa Barbara
    2005 : Missoula, Vancouver, Gorge 2006 : LA 1+2, Vegas
    2008 : W Palm Beach, Tampa, Who Rock Honors, EV LA 2
    2009 : LA 1, LA 4, EV 1 Nashville 2011 : EV Long Beach
    2012: EV Vegas 1+2
    2013 LA 1+2 2018 Prague, Wrigley 2
    2020 Phoenix, SD

Poncier said:
    OnWis97 said:
    Poncier said:

so...yeah

Jimmy might endorse her.

Not RFK Jr., I said JFK Jr., Q-anon's chosen savior of the world.

QAnon Believers Flock to Dallas for the Grand Return of JFK Jr. (rollingstone.com)

QAnon Fears R.F.K., Jr., Will Take Votes Away from J.F.K., Jr. | The New Yorker
    Totally didn't pick up on that...LOL. Funny thing is it was the "return" of JFK, Jr. that I harped on for months a couple years ago because I thought it was hilarious and if you don't laugh you'll cry. (Not to mention there was eventually an actual guy that looked nothing like him)
    teskeinc said:
    The difference is people like the Obamas. She would have a better chance to win than Kamala, even with “no experience”. That’s why Kamala dropped out in 2020 before the first primary. No one liked her and ran a terrible campaign. I read 92% of her staff as VP quit on her. 

As proven by the popularity of 45/47, lacking experience is not even close to a deal-breaker. Michelle would definitely have a chance and her history of stating she has a distaste for politics might even help her.

Honestly, if she had not been so steadfast saying that she was not interested, I think she'd have been a serious player and it may have even led Biden to announce that he's not running in a more timely manner. She'd win some states...we'll see whether Harris does.
  • The JugglerThe Juggler Posts: 48,394
    Michelle Obama would have no business running for president. Come on now. 
    www.myspace.com
  • gimmesometruth27gimmesometruth27 Posts: 23,007
    trump had no experience and they elected him. 

michelle obama has no experience and harris was a bad candidate in 2020 per maga. trump lost in 2020 and has been a poor candidate 3 times now per the rest of the world.

how about maga set their own standards on their own nominee and fuck off with regard to ours?
    "You can tell the greatness of a man by what makes him angry."  - Lincoln

"Well, you tell him that I don't talk to suckas."
  • The JugglerThe Juggler Posts: 48,394
    I'm just saying I don't get why I would vote for her just because she was married to a former president. That never made sense to me. 
    www.myspace.com
    edited July 26
    I'm just saying I don't get why I would vote for her just because she was married to a former president. That never made sense to me. 
    I don't think that's the direct reason. I think it's because she was very well liked. This would not work for Jill Biden, Laura Bush, etc.  Obama / the Obamas were very well - liked by the middle. So while her fame was due to being married to the president, it's really just about the degree to which she was so well liked.

I tend to agree with you that what she's done does not warrant a vote, regardless of her popularity...but we're kind of past that now. I would not vote for her in the primary but I'd vote for her over whatever the GOP puts up against her.
  • mickeyratmickeyrat Posts: 37,601
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • Tim SimmonsTim Simmons Posts: 7,548
    edited July 26
    Michelle Obama has always had a distaste for politics. This was well established way back in the aughts and one the things she said right before the end of Obamas presidency, or just after, was she was happy it was done. The talk of her running was just MSNBC wine mom fanfic. She’s an impressive woman, she’s too good for politics. 
  • mickeyratmickeyrat Posts: 37,601

_____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • gimmesometruth27gimmesometruth27 Posts: 23,007
    Michelle Obama has always had a distaste for politics. This was well established way back in the aughts and one the things she said right before the end of Obamas presidency, or just after, was she was happy it was done. The talk of her running was just MSNBC wine mom fanfic. She’s an impressive woman, she’s too good for politics. 
    also secretly does not like doing the creasemoose decorations, or so i am told...
    "You can tell the greatness of a man by what makes him angry."  - Lincoln

"Well, you tell him that I don't talk to suckas."
  • brianluxbrianlux Posts: 41,556
    edited July 27

"wine mom fanfic"  Haha, I like that!

Yeah, she's a classy lady and no doubt is doing plenty well with how she spends her time.  She was already talking about moving toward retirement three years ago and spending more time with family.  Good for her! 
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• sheckyshecky Posts: 1,774

Harris campaign claims she no longer supports fracking ban she touted in 2019: report

While running for president during the primaries pf the 2020 cycle, Harris said 'there’s no question I’m in favor of banning fracking'

Published July 26, 2024 8:56pm EDT

Vice President Kamala Harris no longer supports a fracking ban, in a change in her stance during the last presidential election, her campaign said on Friday, according to a report. 

Before she dropped her bid for president in 2019 and joined President Biden’s ticket, she said in a CNN town hall "there’s no question I’m in favor of banning fracking."

"And starting with what we can do on day one around public lands, right?" she continued. "And then there has to be legislation, but, yes, that’s something I’ve taken on in California. I have a history of working on this issue and to your point we have to just acknowledge that the residual impact of fracking is enormous in terms of the health and safety of communities."

Harris also cosponsored the Green New Deal as a senator in 2019, a proposal to stem climate change that includes a ban on fracking. 

"Climate change is real, and it poses an existential threat to us as human beings, and it is within our power to do something about it," Harris said on the campaign trail that year before exiting the race, according to The New York Times. "I am supporting the Green New Deal."

However, Biden’s campaign and his administration have not backed banning fracking despite Biden once saying during a primary debate "We would make sure it’s eliminated." His campaign later clarified that he "supports eliminating subsidies for coal and gas and deploying carbon capture."   

Since Biden announced he is dropping out of the race and endorsed Harris last Sunday, she has moderated some of her positions from her 2019 run, in which she embraced more progressive policies. 

Trump was quick to paint her as a "radical liberal" since she became the presumptive Democratic nominee.

Harris is the "most incompetent and far-left vice president in American history," the former president told a rally crowd in Charlotte on Wednesday. 

Trump charged that Harris "has been the ultra-liberal driving force behind every single Biden catastrophe. She is a radical left lunatic who will destroy our country if she ever gets the chance to get into office." 

He added, "She wants no fracking. You’re going to be paying a lot of money. You’re going to be paying so much. You’re going to say ‘bring back Trump.’"

Telling The Hill that Harris no longer wants to ban fracking, her campaign pushed back on Trump’s rhetoric. 

"Trump’s false claims about fracking bans are an obvious attempt to distract from his own plans to enrich oil and gas executives at the expense of the middle class," the campaign told The Hill. "The Biden-Harris Administration passed the largest ever climate change legislation and under their leadership, America now has the highest ever domestic energy production," the spokesperson said in an email. "This Administration created 300,000 energy jobs, while Trump lost nearly a million and his Project 2025 would undo the enormous progress we’ve made the past four years."

In a statement to Fox News Digital, National Republican Congressional Committee spokesman Mike Marinella, said, "Kamala Harris is the most far-left progressive presidential nominee in history, and extreme Democrats in the Rust Belt now own every single policy she supports."

He added, "A fracking ban would be disastrous for workers and families, and extreme Democrats’ mission to force Biden to step aside and replace him with San Francisco radical Kamala Harris shows exactly how out of touch they are with their voters." 

• Tim SimmonsTim Simmons Posts: 7,548