** KAMALA HARRIS FOR PRESIDENT -PART DEUX **

Comments

• cincybearcatcincybearcat Posts: 16,364
    brianlux said:
    seanwon said:
    njhaley1 said:
    Senile AF Trump thinks there was an audience at the debate.
    I really hate trump, but I heard him say this, and he easily could have been talking about the TV audience...the reaction online after.  I don;t think this is as big a Gotcha as you think
    Same. Most of the chatter was about people eating cats and dogs, though.

The word choice was suggestive of progressive dementia, not that we need any more evidence of that. 
    Lol. All of you refused to admit Biden was in cognitive decline even though it was quite  obvious to anyone being objective.  You've lost the right to start saying Trump is now senile. At least if you want to be taken seriously.
    I still don't think he is in cognitive decline. He's older and slower...that's it.

trump is an idiot...hasn't changed
    agree

Maybe both? I'm 73 and I'm in cognitive decline,  Trump and Biden are older than I am, so yeah, they're in cognitive decline.  The vast majority pf people begin cognitive decline at 70.  That doesn't make us incompetent, it just means we need a little more time to work things out.  But with age, we gain wisdom and knowledge so that when we do make a decision, we have a lot of experience to base our decisions on, and that should be factored in. 

The biggest problem with Trump is that he was never that bright to begin with, and for him it's always been about ego and power, not the desire to do what is best for the country, let alone the planet.   Does he even take the job seriously enough (did he ever?) to do more than spout nonsense and spend a lot of time golfing?  No way.
    what the right means when saying cognitive decline is not what you are saying here. they share memes claiming he doesn't know what day it is, doesn't know where he is, etc, etc. Then I see him talking policy circles around most people my age. He has a stutter, and he takes a slightly longer time to think before he speaks. The right think he's brain dead. 
    trump said in the debate that "biden doesn't even know if he is alive".
    If you watched the debate you’d have the same question. 
    hippiemom = goodness
  • njhaley1njhaley1 Posts: 747
    https://abcnews.go.com/US/harris-trump-august-fundraising-fec-filings/story?id=113893128

Harris' fundraising triples Trump's in August, growing Democrat's warchest

Harris and the DNC raised $257 million, as Trump and the RNC raised $85 million

Vice President Kamnala Harris raised more than triple the amount of funds that former President Donald Trump did in August, giving her team a massive financial advantage as the presidential race enters its final weeks, according to the latest disclosures filed with the Federal Election Commission.
  • Lerxst1992Lerxst1992 Posts: 6,547
    brianlux said:
    seanwon said:
    njhaley1 said:
    I really hate trump, but I heard him say this, and he easily could have been talking about the TV audience...the reaction online after.  I don;t think this is as big a Gotcha as you think

The word choice was suggestive of progressive dementia, not that we need any more evidence of that. 
    Lol. All of you refused to admit Biden was in cognitive decline even though it was quite  obvious to anyone being objective.  You've lost the right to start saying Trump is now senile. At least if you want to be taken seriously.
    I still don't think he is in cognitive decline. He's older and slower...that's it.

agree

Maybe both? I'm 73 and I'm in cognitive decline,  Trump and Biden are older than I am, so yeah, they're in cognitive decline.  The vast majority pf people begin cognitive decline at 70.  That doesn't make us incompetent, it just means we need a little more time to work things out.  But with age, we gain wisdom and knowledge so that when we do make a decision, we have a lot of experience to base our decisions on, and that should be factored in. 

The biggest problem with Trump is that he was never that bright to begin with, and for him it's always been about ego and power, not the desire to do what is best for the country, let alone the planet.   Does he even take the job seriously enough (did he ever?) to do more than spout nonsense and spend a lot of time golfing?  No way.
    what the right means when saying cognitive decline is not what you are saying here. they share memes claiming he doesn't know what day it is, doesn't know where he is, etc, etc. Then I see him talking policy circles around most people my age. He has a stutter, and he takes a slightly longer time to think before he speaks. The right think he's brain dead. 

Sounds like he was making a joke. Have to see the video for sure.
    he was deadly serious

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M_zDEq_cDWE

he sounds like a fucking madman

The first 14 seconds he is joking around, and as Muir is interrupting him, he appears to be getting angry and ends with the doesn’t know he is alive comment. The whole thing is humor and hyperbole he uses to make his “sick burns.”
    brianlux said:
    seanwon said:
    njhaley1 said:

agree

he was deadly serious

The first 14 seconds he is joking around, and as Muir is interrupting him, he appears to be getting angry and ends with the doesn’t know he is alive comment. The whole thing is humor and hyperbole he uses to make his “sick burns.”
    It was his way of trying to say "he doesn't know his ass from a hole in the ground" without getting censored. 
  • mickeyratmickeyrat Posts: 38,222
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14

_____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • brianluxbrianlux Posts: 41,792
    njhaley1 said:
    brianlux said:
    seanwon said:
    njhaley1 said:

agree

I'm 73
    You're kidding.

I'm only 48, and also in cognitive decline, so maybe we should all lay off the cognitive decline jokes!

That's what I tell myself every morning, and then I go about the business of not acting my age as best as possible, i.e. after two or three cups of coffee, icing my lower back, Ibuprofen as needed.  It's tough work being an old punk.
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• brianlux said:
    seanwon said:
    njhaley1 said:

agree

he was deadly serious

he was serious. he yelled the exact same way when he said "they are eating the pets of the people that live there!!" same pitch in his voice.

the only people that shout jokes are sam kinison and other mediocre comedians of his ilk.
    "You can tell the greatness of a man by what makes him angry."  - Lincoln

"Well, you tell him that I don't talk to suckas."
  • mickeyrat said:

i wouldn't debate him again. she stuffed his ass in a locker and make him look stupid. she can only harm herself here.

• cincybearcatcincybearcat Posts: 16,364
    mickeyrat said:

i wouldn't debate him again. she stuffed his ass in a locker and make him look stupid. she can only harm herself here.
    I honestly don’t understand this thought process. They’ve only had 1 debate, the ones the American public. 
    hippiemom = goodness
    mickeyrat said:

Nah, she'll own him again when she hands him a brown paper bag with his balls in it, remember? 
  • njhaley1 said:
    mickeyrat said:

Nah, she'll own him again when she hands him a brown paper bag with his balls in it, remember? 
    he hasn't asked for them back yet. 

• josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 29,304
    https://www.threads.net/@douglasemhoff/post/DAMFPf8Kln8/?xmt=AQGzZY4nffJ6jMb740f2IPKN_tOhU36fXEB-yyhjvQPhJA
    nice to see who might be the 1st Gentleman of this nation with the band 🤘🤘
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • https://www.threads.net/@douglasemhoff/post/DAMFPf8Kln8/?xmt=AQGzZY4nffJ6jMb740f2IPKN_tOhU36fXEB-yyhjvQPhJA
    nice to see who might be the 1st Gentleman of this nation with the band 🤘🤘
    thats pretty cool!

• as expected, he declined a 2nd debate

With Election Day less than 2 months away, Harris agrees to October CNN debate against Trump — but he says it's 'too late'

https://www.yahoo.com/news/with-election-day-less-than-2-months-away-harris-agrees-to-october-cnn-debate-against-trump--but-he-says-its-too-late-183836593.html

Vice President Kamala Harris agreed Saturday to another debate with former President Donald Trump — but Trump declined.

Harris accepted an invitation from CNN to a debate on Oct. 23 and wrote in a post on X: “I hope @realDonaldTrump will join me.” Harris campaign chair Jen O’Malley Dillon said in a statement to CNN that “Donald Trump should have no problem agreeing to this debate.”

Speaking during a campaign rally in North Carolina on Saturday, Trump said it was "too late" to have another debate with Harris.

"The problem with another debate is that it's just too late — voting has already started," he told the crowd. "She had her chance to do it with Fox," he added, referring to Fox News's invitation earlier this month for the pair to debate in October.

• brianlux said:
    seanwon said:
    njhaley1 said:

agree

he was deadly serious

Sometimes the simplest, most obvious explanation is the right one. He sounds like a madman because he IS a madman. He's more detached from reality every day/
    All those who seek to destroy the liberties of a democratic nation ought to know that war is the surest and shortest means to accomplish it.

In my opinion, all she had to do was get out there ahead of him  and say "I'm game, see you there!" -- which I believe she did.

I think we should do away with "debates" in their current format  altogether, as the spectacles  we see resemble pro wrestling more than serious policy discussions. "Town halls" with voters asking questions, or, better, the moderator(s) asking questions that were submitted by voters, would be better, I think. That's assuming that we want to learn more about candidate platforms, which is assuming a lot. 

All those who seek to destroy the liberties of a democratic nation ought to know that war is the surest and shortest means to accomplish it.
  • Gern BlanstenGern Blansten Posts: 19,719
    as expected, he declined a 2nd debate

In my opinion, all she had to do was get out there ahead of him  and say "I'm game, see you there!" -- which I believe she did.

I think we should do away with "debates" in their current format  altogether, as the spectacles  we see resemble pro wrestling more than serious policy discussions. "Town halls" with voters asking questions, or, better, the moderator(s) asking questions that were submitted by voters, would be better, I think. That's assuming that we want to learn more about candidate platforms, which is assuming a lot. 

Agreed... It's just a rehearsed spectacle 
    Remember the Thomas Nine !! (10/02/2018)

1998: Noblesville; 2003: Noblesville; 2009: EV Nashville, Chicago, Chicago
    2010: St Louis, Columbus, Noblesville; 2011: EV Chicago, East Troy, East Troy
    2013: London ON, Wrigley; 2014: Cincy, St Louis, Moline (NO CODE)
    2016: Lexington, Wrigley #1; 2018: Wrigley, Wrigley, Boston, Boston
    2020: Oakland, Oakland:  2021: EV Ohana, Ohana, Ohana, Ohana
    2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
    2024: Noblesville, Wrigley, Wrigley, Ohana, Ohana
  • teskeincteskeinc Posts: 1,668

Agree with you as well. 
  • The JugglerThe Juggler Posts: 48,728

It is only like that because of Trump. Once we are done with maga and republicans go back to nominating more rational people it will not seem like a pro wrestling event.

Think back just a few election cycles. I am sure you did not feel this way about debates when Obama and Romney were up there. Two normal rational people who simply disagreed with each other on just about everything.
    www.myspace.com
  • Gern BlanstenGern Blansten Posts: 19,719

It is only like that because of Trump. Once we are done with maga and republicans go back to nominating more rational people it will not seem like a pro wrestling event.

Think back just a few election cycles. I am sure you did not feel this way about debates when Obama and Romney were up there. Two normal rational people who simply disagreed with each other on just about everything.
    true...his bullshit wouldn't fly if his base wasn't so rabid
    Remember the Thomas Nine !! (10/02/2018)

1998: Noblesville; 2003: Noblesville; 2009: EV Nashville, Chicago, Chicago
    2010: St Louis, Columbus, Noblesville; 2011: EV Chicago, East Troy, East Troy
    2013: London ON, Wrigley; 2014: Cincy, St Louis, Moline (NO CODE)
    2016: Lexington, Wrigley #1; 2018: Wrigley, Wrigley, Boston, Boston
    2020: Oakland, Oakland:  2021: EV Ohana, Ohana, Ohana, Ohana
    2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
    2024: Noblesville, Wrigley, Wrigley, Ohana, Ohana

Good luck with that. These people aren’t going away. MAGA is an incurable disease that will live on in the 35% repub base for generations. Or until the second coming, which ever happens first.
    09/15/1998 & 09/16/1998, Mansfield, MA; 08/29/00 08/30/00, Mansfield, MA; 07/02/03, 07/03/03, Mansfield, MA; 09/28/04, 09/29/04, Boston, MA; 09/22/05, Halifax, NS; 05/24/06, 05/25/06, Boston, MA; 07/22/06, 07/23/06, Gorge, WA; 06/27/2008, Hartford; 06/28/08, 06/30/08, Mansfield; 08/18/2009, O2, London, UK; 10/30/09, 10/31/09, Philadelphia, PA; 05/15/10, Hartford, CT; 05/17/10, Boston, MA; 05/20/10, 05/21/10, NY, NY; 06/22/10, Dublin, IRE; 06/23/10, Northern Ireland; 09/03/11, 09/04/11, Alpine Valley, WI; 09/11/11, 09/12/11, Toronto, Ont; 09/14/11, Ottawa, Ont; 09/15/11, Hamilton, Ont; 07/02/2012, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/04/2012 & 07/05/2012, Berlin, Germany; 07/07/2012, Stockholm, Sweden; 09/30/2012, Missoula, MT; 07/16/2013, London, Ont; 07/19/2013, Chicago, IL; 10/15/2013 & 10/16/2013, Worcester, MA; 10/21/2013 & 10/22/2013, Philadelphia, PA; 10/25/2013, Hartford, CT; 11/29/2013, Portland, OR; 11/30/2013, Spokane, WA; 12/04/2013, Vancouver, BC; 12/06/2013, Seattle, WA; 10/03/2014, St. Louis. MO; 10/22/2014, Denver, CO; 10/26/2015, New York, NY; 04/23/2016, New Orleans, LA; 04/28/2016 & 04/29/2016, Philadelphia, PA; 05/01/2016 & 05/02/2016, New York, NY; 05/08/2016, Ottawa, Ont.; 05/10/2016 & 05/12/2016, Toronto, Ont.; 08/05/2016 & 08/07/2016, Boston, MA; 08/20/2016 & 08/22/2016, Chicago, IL; 07/01/2018, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/03/2018, Krakow, Poland; 07/05/2018, Berlin, Germany; 09/02/2018 & 09/04/2018, Boston, MA; 09/08/2022, Toronto, Ont; 09/11/2022, New York, NY; 09/14/2022, Camden, NJ; 09/02/2023, St. Paul, MN; 05/04/2024 & 05/06/2024, Vancouver, BC; 05/10/2024, Portland, OR;

Libtardaplorable©. And proud of it.

Brilliantati©
  • Tim SimmonsTim Simmons Posts: 7,863
    edited September 23
    Without Trump as the head you’ll see splintered MAGA. They may coalesce around a candidate around election time, but the movement will lose steam without him at the controls. His cult of personality really drives excitement in the movement (and as we’ve seen this year, even that excitement is starting to dwindle). It’s changed conservatism for a generation, but it’s not a permanent feature. 
    Without Trump as the head you’ll see splintered MAGA. They may coalesce around a candidate around election time, but the movement will lose steam without him at the controls. His cult of personality really drives excitement in the movement (and as we’ve seen this year, even that excitement is starting to dwindle). It’s changed conservatism for a generation, but it’s not a permanent feature. 
    Correct.

Either way, the nominee, while still likely horrible, will not be a lunatic so we won't have to bother with ridiculous bullshit like muting the microphones during debates.
    www.myspace.com
  • Without Trump as the head you’ll see splintered MAGA. They may coalesce around a candidate around election time, but the movement will lose steam without him at the controls. His cult of personality really drives excitement in the movement (and as we’ve seen this year, even that excitement is starting to dwindle). It’s changed conservatism for a generation, but it’s not a permanent feature. 
    POOTWH and his deplorable family will be the spokespeople and puppet masters, until like in The Omen, the last one is no longer around.
    09/15/1998 & 09/16/1998, Mansfield, MA; 08/29/00 08/30/00, Mansfield, MA; 07/02/03, 07/03/03, Mansfield, MA; 09/28/04, 09/29/04, Boston, MA; 09/22/05, Halifax, NS; 05/24/06, 05/25/06, Boston, MA; 07/22/06, 07/23/06, Gorge, WA; 06/27/2008, Hartford; 06/28/08, 06/30/08, Mansfield; 08/18/2009, O2, London, UK; 10/30/09, 10/31/09, Philadelphia, PA; 05/15/10, Hartford, CT; 05/17/10, Boston, MA; 05/20/10, 05/21/10, NY, NY; 06/22/10, Dublin, IRE; 06/23/10, Northern Ireland; 09/03/11, 09/04/11, Alpine Valley, WI; 09/11/11, 09/12/11, Toronto, Ont; 09/14/11, Ottawa, Ont; 09/15/11, Hamilton, Ont; 07/02/2012, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/04/2012 & 07/05/2012, Berlin, Germany; 07/07/2012, Stockholm, Sweden; 09/30/2012, Missoula, MT; 07/16/2013, London, Ont; 07/19/2013, Chicago, IL; 10/15/2013 & 10/16/2013, Worcester, MA; 10/21/2013 & 10/22/2013, Philadelphia, PA; 10/25/2013, Hartford, CT; 11/29/2013, Portland, OR; 11/30/2013, Spokane, WA; 12/04/2013, Vancouver, BC; 12/06/2013, Seattle, WA; 10/03/2014, St. Louis. MO; 10/22/2014, Denver, CO; 10/26/2015, New York, NY; 04/23/2016, New Orleans, LA; 04/28/2016 & 04/29/2016, Philadelphia, PA; 05/01/2016 & 05/02/2016, New York, NY; 05/08/2016, Ottawa, Ont.; 05/10/2016 & 05/12/2016, Toronto, Ont.; 08/05/2016 & 08/07/2016, Boston, MA; 08/20/2016 & 08/22/2016, Chicago, IL; 07/01/2018, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/03/2018, Krakow, Poland; 07/05/2018, Berlin, Germany; 09/02/2018 & 09/04/2018, Boston, MA; 09/08/2022, Toronto, Ont; 09/11/2022, New York, NY; 09/14/2022, Camden, NJ; 09/02/2023, St. Paul, MN; 05/04/2024 & 05/06/2024, Vancouver, BC; 05/10/2024, Portland, OR;

Brilliantati©

• Spectrum 10/27/09; New Orleans JazzFest 5/1/10; Made in America 9/2/12; WF Center 10/21/13; WF Center 10/22/13; Baltimore 10/27/13;
    WF Center 4/28/16; WF Center 4/29/16; Fenway Park 8/7/16; Fenway Park 9/2/18; Asbury Park 9/18/21; Camden 9/14/22;
    Las Vegas 5/16/24; Las Vegas 5/18/24; WF Center 9/7/24; WF Center 9/9/24; Baltimore Arena 9/12/24

Tres Mtns - TLA 3/23/11; EV - Tower Theatre 6/25/11; Temple of the Dog - Tower Theatre 11/5/16
  • Halifax2TheMaxHalifax2TheMax Posts: 38,652
    edited September 23
    Correct.

Either way, the nominee, while still likely horrible, will not be a lunatic so we won't have to bother with ridiculous bullshit like muting the microphones during debates.
    That’s what makes it so dangerous. They’ll appear, speak, act, behave “normal.” But their policy proposals, vision of government and treatment of the other will be all MAGA. What we’re seeing now is “prepping the battle space” and flooding the zone with shit to normalize what the policy should be, through a whole slew of methods. It’s working as evidenced by some of the posters on here and people you see, know, work with or for, and out and about in public. Polls and yard signs are not indicative or guarantees of what levers get pulled in voting booths.

POOTWH should, in a sane, rational nation, lose 60-40 or 65-35. Instead, it’s likely to be 50.2-49.8 or for the win at 51-49 or even less. Kamala should have a 12 point edge currently, given what we know and have witnessed. And even if POOTWH loses, there will be chaos post-election and the “MAGA bowel movement” will continue. The evangelicals and white, Christian nationalists are not going away, and certainly not quietly.
    Post edited by Halifax2TheMax on

Brilliantati©
    I also have a hard time believing the same people angry-voting against Lake are not also angry-voting against Trump. The two are virtually indistinguishable. 
    Nebraska republicans shockingly do the right thing
    www.myspace.com