Transgendered/Trans-Identifying Athletes

12345679»

Comments

• KatKat Posts: 4,849
    Closed for review.
    Falling down,...not staying down
  • KatKat Posts: 4,849

Discussions that don’t include name-calling or use dehumanizing characterizations of others are superior and can be thought provoking, which is the point of discussion and debate. We can learn a lot from each other…many points of view. 

And…

Posting Guidelines

1. Be nice. We're very big on RESPECT here. Respect for each other, the band and the Ten Club Community forum environment. Please think of it as if you are as a guest in someone else's home. Please do not put your posting privileges at risk.

2. Discuss, disagree and debate politely. It's possible to disagree with people without being abusive, and it's a requirement here. This includes abusive Private Messages.

Falling down,...not staying down
  • Gern BlanstenGern Blansten Posts: 19,703
    The continuing discussions I see on facebook about this subject are absolutely disgusting. Nothing brings out the hate more than magats who have been proven wrong yet they double down on their bullshit and have all become genetic experts.
    Remember the Thomas Nine !! (10/02/2018)

1998: Noblesville; 2003: Noblesville; 2009: EV Nashville, Chicago, Chicago
    2010: St Louis, Columbus, Noblesville; 2011: EV Chicago, East Troy, East Troy
    2013: London ON, Wrigley; 2014: Cincy, St Louis, Moline (NO CODE)
    2016: Lexington, Wrigley #1; 2018: Wrigley, Wrigley, Boston, Boston
    2020: Oakland, Oakland:  2021: EV Ohana, Ohana, Ohana, Ohana
    2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
    2024: Noblesville, Wrigley, Wrigley, Ohana, Ohana
  • tempo_n_groovetempo_n_groove Posts: 40,214
    do bears bear  Whats a Nubian Bitch you almost made me
  • lastexitlondonlastexitlondon Posts: 13,552
    The problem is the internet. It always is.  It gives people a hiding place to spew shit anonymously. A cowards dream 
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

this song is meant to be called i got shit,itshould be called i got shit tickets-hartford 06 -
  • brianluxbrianlux Posts: 41,786
    The problem is the internet. It always is.  It gives people a hiding place to spew shit anonymously. A cowards dream 

This is so true.  Imagine if everyone talked to each other in person like they do on the internet.

Store clerk:  I don't know why you're buying this shit. It makes your poop stink.
    Customer 1:  Yeah, like you stink.
    Store Clerk:  Well at least I don't suck.
    Customer 2 behind customer 1:  You are both commie fags!

It would be insane.
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

brianlux said:

This is so true.  Imagine if everyone talked to each other in person like they do on the internet.

Store clerk:  I don't know why you're buying this shit. It makes your poop stink.
    Customer 1:  Yeah, like you stink.
    Store Clerk:  Well at least I don't suck.
    Customer 2 behind customer 1:  You are both commie fags!

It would be insane.
    Commie fag, lol.  They say that in the song Uneasy Rider.
  • F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain Posts: 31,153
    The continuing discussions I see on facebook about this subject are absolutely disgusting. Nothing brings out the hate more than magats who have been proven wrong yet they double down on their bullshit and have all become genetic experts.
    Your big problem here is thinking magats can be proven wrong.
    They are never wrong.
    Ask one.
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • lastexitlondonlastexitlondon Posts: 13,552
    That and reading Facebook at all
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

this song is meant to be called i got shit,itshould be called i got shit tickets-hartford 06 -
  • F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain Posts: 31,153
    Good point 
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • curmudgeonesscurmudgeoness Posts: 3,987
    All those who seek to destroy the liberties of a democratic nation ought to know that war is the surest and shortest means to accomplish it.
  • Gern BlanstenGern Blansten Posts: 19,703

Remember the Thomas Nine !! (10/02/2018)

1998: Noblesville; 2003: Noblesville; 2009: EV Nashville, Chicago, Chicago
    2010: St Louis, Columbus, Noblesville; 2011: EV Chicago, East Troy, East Troy
    2013: London ON, Wrigley; 2014: Cincy, St Louis, Moline (NO CODE)
    2016: Lexington, Wrigley #1; 2018: Wrigley, Wrigley, Boston, Boston
    2020: Oakland, Oakland:  2021: EV Ohana, Ohana, Ohana, Ohana
    2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
    2024: Noblesville, Wrigley, Wrigley, Ohana, Ohana
  • SpunkieSpunkie Posts: 6,499
    edited August 10
    Post edited by Spunkie on
    edited August 10
    Thanks you've been really great in this thread, as always.

Your article points out that gender really matters in boxing because males upper bodies can punch the ball back better.

I'd argue that's exactly what that goalie did to the ball that they (note the correct pronoun usage SC) were able to reach being a head taller than the rest. It inflamed my anger again. The transgendered identifying child punched that ball harder back at my kiddos head -  if the science backing that article is correct - which come on now, doesn't take a rocket scientist, I mean physicist. Wait let me call in the brain measuring guy...
    Post edited by Spunkie on
  • DarthMaeglinDarthMaeglin Posts: 2,586
    I’m not familiar with France’s legal system but it will be interesting to see where this goes.

I was spending time with my aunt and uncle and my uncle continually referred to the female boxer using male pronouns. I tried to correct him using the facts and logic (usually the way to get through to him) but I’m not sure I got through. He’s also made the claim that gay people in general are inferior athletes based on the fact there are very few “out” athletes in the major North American sports (which speaks to me of the locker room culture, not the athletic prowess of individuals).

https://www.cbc.ca/sports/olympics/summer/boxing/boxing-harassment-imane-khelif-1.7292457
    "The world is full of idiots and I am but one of them."

10-30-1991 Toronto, Toronto 1 & 2 2016, Toronto 2022
    edited August 14
    I’m not familiar with France’s legal system but it will be interesting to see where this goes.

I was spending time with my aunt and uncle and my uncle continually referred to the female boxer using male pronouns. I tried to correct him using the facts and logic (usually the way to get through to him) but I’m not sure I got through. He’s also made the claim that gay people in general are inferior athletes based on the fact there are very few “out” athletes in the major North American sports (which speaks to me of the locker room culture, not the athletic prowess of individuals).

https://www.cbc.ca/sports/olympics/summer/boxing/boxing-harassment-imane-khelif-1.7292457
    Ask him if he's heard of Greg Luganis?  Arthur Ahse, Billy Jean King.

So locker room culture.  It's a different world.  You get the "ok" from your black friends to use the N word.  You throw the terms Gay and Fag around like they aren't anything.  To each other it's nothing.  It really means nothing to them.  There was an instance here recently that player Jarren Drran called a spectator a homophobic term, nobody seems to want to write what it is so I don't know either, He was suspended for 2 days and fines as he should be.  The locker room and the real world are two different places.  If you want to conduct yourself like the locker room you will pay the consequences.

Try telling this to the outside world and they lose their minds.
    Post edited by tempo_n_groove on

• tbergstbergs Posts: 9,642
    Spunkie said:

I don't see a tail pipe so I'm open to accepting that identifier. We're all just looking to fit in.
    It's a hopeless situation...
    There is a meme going around the alt right that states the Olympic person whom let Khelif in was fired for letting her in because she is a he.
    I've seen it a few times but no news has been about it.

Amazing how people just keep spreading the same misinformation over and over.
  • tbergstbergs Posts: 9,642
    There is a meme going around the alt right that states the Olympic person whom let Khelif in was fired for letting her in because she is a he.
    I've seen it a few times but no news has been about it.

Amazing how people just keep spreading the same misinformation over and over.
    The intentional spreading of the lie is disgusting. 
    It's a hopeless situation...