Transgendered/Trans-Identifying Athletes

Comments

• lastexitlondonlastexitlondon Posts: 13,552
    edited August 2
    They aren't a trans but an XY which has to be male. That's that and there is another one today from Chinese tipai. 
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

this song is meant to be called i got shit,itshould be called i got shit tickets-hartford 06 -
    It's funny I was just watching this. It's ridiculous the Italian lady got a broken nose and quit. That other one has xy chromosomes so it's not even a question that's a male.
    No need to go all JK Rowling on us I'm happy with my stance on this.
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

this song is meant to be called i got shit,itshould be called i got shit tickets-hartford 06 -
  • mace1229mace1229 Posts: 9,281
    They aren't a trans but an XY which has to be male. That's that and there is another one today from Chinese tipai. 
    But someone with XY who lives/identifies as a female is the definition of trans, is it not?
    edited August 2
    I think it's called swyer syndrome . I'm not sure this is a case of identifying. 
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

• Hoagie BreathHoagie Breath Posts: 117
    Funny how it never seems to go ther other way, woman wanting to play mens sports. Gee, I wonder why lol.  Whole topic is a joke. 
    '92 Philly 04.10
    '94 Boston 04.10 
    '95 DC 01.15 
    '96 Columbia 09.24, NYC 09.29, Hartford 10.02
    '98 DC 06.14, Camden 08.28, Camden 08.29, E. Rutherford 09.08, NYC 09.10, NYC 09.11, Hartford 09.13, Columbia 09.18
    '00 Camden 09.01, Camden 09.02, Columbia 09.04
    '03 Philly 04.23, Camden 07.05, Camden 07.06, NYC 07.09, Hershey 07.12, Holmdel 07.14
    '04 Reading 10.01, DC 10.11
    '05 Atlantic City 09.30, Atlantic City 10.01, Philly 10.03, Chicago 10.05
    '06 NYC 05.05, Camden 05.27, Camden 05.28, DC 05.30, E. Rutherford 06.03
    '08 Camden 06.19, Camden 06.20, DC 06.22, NYC 06.24, NYC 06.25
    '09 Philly 10.27, Philly 10.28, Philly 10.30, Philly 10.31
    '10 Hartford 05.15, Newark 05.18, NYC 05.20, NYC 05.21
    '12 Philly 09.02
    '13 Philly 10.21, Philly 10.22
    '16 Philly 04.28, Philly 04.29
    '18 Boston 09.02
    '21 Asbury Park 09.18
    '22 Camden 09.14
    '24 Philly 09.07  Philly 09.09  Baltimore 09.12
  • mace1229mace1229 Posts: 9,281
    I think it's called swyer syndrome . I'm not sure this is a case of identifying. 
    Had to look up what that was. It makes sense given what I read about her. 
    Funny how it never seems to go ther other way, woman wanting to play mens sports. Gee, I wonder why lol.  Whole topic is a joke. 
    This is true
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

But I do think if the level of testosterone is higher than a woman then that's a line that can't be crossed. Whatever the reason because if you took testosterone as a supplement you would be band
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

• Gern BlanstenGern Blansten Posts: 19,703
    This is a good example of bad and/or misleading journalism...in the article that I originally posted it should have explained the situation better instead of making it sound like a man was participating in women's boxing. A true sign of our current times where news is by headline to get clicks, etc.

Swyer syndrome...I'm sure I have come across it before but it certainly didn't come to mind. Now I know.
    Remember the Thomas Nine !! (10/02/2018)

1998: Noblesville; 2003: Noblesville; 2009: EV Nashville, Chicago, Chicago
    2010: St Louis, Columbus, Noblesville; 2011: EV Chicago, East Troy, East Troy
    2013: London ON, Wrigley; 2014: Cincy, St Louis, Moline (NO CODE)
    2016: Lexington, Wrigley #1; 2018: Wrigley, Wrigley, Boston, Boston
    2020: Oakland, Oakland:  2021: EV Ohana, Ohana, Ohana, Ohana
    2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
    2024: Noblesville, Wrigley, Wrigley, Ohana, Ohana
  • Gern BlanstenGern Blansten Posts: 19,703
    Remember the Thomas Nine !! (10/02/2018)

1998: Noblesville; 2003: Noblesville; 2009: EV Nashville, Chicago, Chicago
    2010: St Louis, Columbus, Noblesville; 2011: EV Chicago, East Troy, East Troy
    2013: London ON, Wrigley; 2014: Cincy, St Louis, Moline (NO CODE)
    2016: Lexington, Wrigley #1; 2018: Wrigley, Wrigley, Boston, Boston
    2020: Oakland, Oakland:  2021: EV Ohana, Ohana, Ohana, Ohana
    2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
    2024: Noblesville, Wrigley, Wrigley, Ohana, Ohana
  • Tim SimmonsTim Simmons Posts: 7,856
    Sorry. I mean this post. 

In the interest of spreading… actual information, I’m copying my comment from another thread, because this is infuriating.

The short(ish) version is that she's a cis woman who been competing for years against other women, and there was no issue, including at the 2020 Olympics. Never any question of her gender or testosterone levels, no articles, no headlines, no commentary from her opponents, nothing. She doesn't even have a particularly stellar record, though she's been improving in recent years.

She was even tested at the 2022 World Championships and they didn't find any problems. She took the silver medal without incident.

Up until the 2023 World Championships - when she beat a Russian boxer.

Quick backstory on the IBA, the boxing organization that tested her and oversees the Boxing World Championships: it's been in contention with the IOC for years for issues of corruption and concerns over refereeing and judging, but things have gotten worse over the past few years. The IOC was concerned about the IBA's complete financial dependence on their sponsor: Russian-owned Gazprom. The IBA also elected a corrupt Russian president in 2020, and in 2022 they (wrongly) declared his re-election opponent ineligible, so he won an uncontested re-election. Multiple countries including the US and UK boycotted the 2023 World Championships because the IBA suspended Ukraine and un-suspended Russia and Belarus in 2022, against IOC guidelines. All of this ultimately resulted in the IOC severing ties with the IBA, which hasn't happened with any sport in decades. They fucked up so bad that the IOC may drop boxing altogether; another organization has risen up and is attempting to replace the IBA in order to save boxing at the Olympics.

Anyway. Imane Khelif competes in the World Championships in 2022, undergoes testing, no eligibility issues, takes the silver medal. She competes in 2023, no eligibility issues. Gets to the Round of 16, beats a Russian boxer...suddenly, she gets tested again and based on the results of that test AND her test from 2022, they declared her ineligible.

The IBA never said what kind of test it was, just that it wasn't a testosterone test, nor did they explain the results, citing privacy. In an interview with Russian state-owned media, the Russian president of the IBA said that they did a DNA test and found that Khelif had XY chromosomes, but again...look at the source, the audience, the track record of corruption, the timing...

Plus, they did this test in 2022 and didn't have any issue with the results? They used the 2022 test as part of their basis for disqualifying her - even though they allowed her to compete in 2023, up until she beat a Russian athlete.

So there's no evidence that she has higher testosterone. She competed in the 2020 Olympics without incident, even when other female athletes with high testosterone were withdrawn. And the IBA didn't administer a testosterone test.

There's also no other information, testing, questions, or anything that she has talked about that would allude to any sort of chromosomal or hormonal difference. She identifies as a woman and always has.

People are diagnosing her with all kinds of conditions but there’s actually no evidence for any of it aside from one vague test that an extremely corrupt organization associated with Russia subjected her to when she beat a Russian athlete, the results of which were only discussed by the Russian president of the corrupt organization when he talked to Russian media.

• tbergstbergs Posts: 9,642
    People are so quick to jump on the transgender hate train and make assumptions. Saw it in this thread and found it disgusting the assumptions being made without much info. Some female boxer cries in the ring and loses and suddenly the hate train is gaining steam. Just like the stupid last supper controversy that really wasn't. 
    It's a hopeless situation...
  • tempo_n_groovetempo_n_groove Posts: 40,214
    It's funny I was just watching this. It's ridiculous the Italian lady got a broken nose and quit. That other one has xy chromosomes so it's not even a question that's a male.
    No need to go all JK Rowling on us
    JK Rowling was right.
    I was reading this yesterday and I thought, NO WAY someone from Algeria has masqueraded as a trans person and COMPETED there. No way.
    Paul did some research and found the real answers, good on him.
  • Spiritual_ChaosSpiritual_Chaos Posts: 30,199
    edited August 2
    JK Rowling was right.
    About what? Wanting Alan Rickman to play Snape, or downplaying the Nazi's acts during World War 2?
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • mickeyratmickeyrat Posts: 38,194
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
    JK Rowling was right.
    About what? Wanting Alan Rickman to play Snape, or downplaying the Nazi's acts during World War 2?
    Lol downplaying nazi acts?  She said that Trans weren't the Nazi's first targets.  She never denied the holocaust or anything so not sure what thats about?
    mickeyrat said:
    This thing was blown up and lazy ass reporting.  NOW the truths are coming around.
  • Go BeaversGo Beavers Posts: 8,986
    They exist, but you don’t hear about it because it doesn’t make good clickbait for twitter. 
    What if someone with xy has a vagina? 
    edited August 2

They do have a vagina. But  chromosome wise male.And I believe can have testicles internally hence higher testosterone 
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

They do have a vagina. But  chromosome wise male.And I believe can have testicles internally hence higher testosterone 
    So why conclude an intersexed person is a man solely based on chromosomes? They could have identified as a woman their entire life, but now you’ll say they’re a man? 
    They can identify as they wish. They have the chromosome make up of a male. What's your issue?
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

They can identify as they wish. They have the chromosome make up of a male. What's your issue?
    You said xy has to be male. So either you’d identify them as male or you wouldn’t. My issue is that being a man or woman includes aspects of our biology, but it goes beyond that also. Trying to define it by strict biological terms will fall apart rather quickly under further examination.  Unfortunately now that gender is a political issue, there’s going to be legislation on on a complicated topic by simpletons who can’t grasp and live with ambiguity. 
    edited August 2
    It's just science. It's nothing political for me. You won't get a rise out of me.
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

It's just science. It's nothing political for me. You won't get a rise out of me.
    I know it’s science, that’s what I’m referring to with intersexed people and how that dismantles a rigid, binary definition of a man or woman. 
  • PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Posts: 49,907
    For me this is just a common sense thing. I am fully open to and a truly huge supporter of all trans and other gender issues. But yeah, in terms of sports I think a line needs to be drawn at levels beyond puberty (I do think before puberty it matters much less of at all, although that could be kinda weird in terms of transitions to older groups). I am not sure how anyone can argue anything different. It seems a bit nonsensical to me, given the biological physical differences involved and how that impacts sports performance.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • SpunkieSpunkie Posts: 6,499
    edited August 3
    Finally, Pipsqueak didn't have any concussions symptoms in the last week during her activities (which were super fun and awesome)!

Her doctor might clear to play soccer again next week.
    Post edited by Spunkie on
  • SPEEDY MCCREADYSPEEDY MCCREADY Posts: 25,497
    Spunkie said:
    Finally, Pipsqueak didn't have any concussions symptoms in the last week during her activities (which were super fun and awesome)!

Her doctor might clear to play soccer again next week.
    Great news
    Take me piece by piece.....
    Till there aint nothing left worth taking away from me.....