Who will be the Democratic nominee?

Comments

• CM189191CM189191 Posts: 6,927
    teskeinc said:
    CM189191 said:
    teskeinc said:
    pjl44 said:
    I expected that we would have heard from Biden yesterday. Today?
    I think I read he would speak later in the week.
    He still has “Covid”. He doesn’t speak until Pelosi gives the OK

He should resign. Tell the Dems to F off! Gave 50 years of his life to serving the country and got thrown out with the weekend leftovers. All over a couple polls that said he couldn’t win. Won a primary and over 80+ million (most ever) voted for him in 2020.

Now he’s a 6 month Lame Duck.

Do you think Biden should step down completely and have Harris sworn in as President?

Not sure how that would affect Vice President Harris' ability to be re-elected...
    I think he should resign. Obviously he’s not up to the job. He was the best name out there to beat Trump in 2020. He was the best name to beat Trump in 2024. The debate performance caused the panic.

How can he do his job? Now he’s embarrassed. He’s no hero, he was strong armed out. Everyone is laughing at him. Wouldn’t Kamala look better to voters if she assumed role of President for 3.5 months?

I don't think embarrassment has anything to do with it

This may come as a shock to some people, but Biden strikes me as a life-long civil servant who is willing to put aside ego to do what's right for the country

Everyone is not laughing at him, I'm certainly not.  Biden's got more honor and integrity in his left pinky than the whole tRump family combined. 
  • tempo_n_groovetempo_n_groove Posts: 40,214
    dignin said:
    Looks like the Democrats are rallying around Kamala. Not my first pick but a huge improvement over Biden.

For the first time in months I believe it's possible they can pull this out.

Trump world is in a bit of a panic. 

This Is Exactly What the Trump Team Feared

https://www.theatlantic.com/politics/archive/2024/07/trump-campaign-biden-dropping-out/679183/

i thought the opposite.  This will hand Trump the presidency
    It’s too early to tell
    What more do uneed?  Obama isn't running.
  • darwinstheorydarwinstheory Posts: 6,324
    Kamala Harris
    ^I laughed 
    "A smart monkey doesn't monkey around with another monkey's monkey" - Darwin's Theory
  • tbergstbergs Posts: 9,642
    teskeinc said:
    Now Harris ran the country when they said it was Obama?  Which is it?  The republicans are complete and total fools and liars.  They’re so wound up now and scrambling, scared, and giving us the most amusement yet.  I find this to be some of the funniest stuff the country has ever seen!  I can’t wait till the big baby loses to a woman.  

The Dems/media hid and covered up Biden for 3.5 years and were willing to do that for 4 more years until he shit the bed in the debate. Then formed a coup led by Pelosi and the Hollywood elite to strong arm him out as nominee. Going against the will of 15 million primary voters and democracy.

What a noble party!
    There you go, using coup again like it applies in this situation. 
    It's a hopeless situation...
    tbergs said:
    teskeinc said:
    Now Harris ran the country when they said it was Obama?  Which is it?  The republicans are complete and total fools and liars.  They’re so wound up now and scrambling, scared, and giving us the most amusement yet.  I find this to be some of the funniest stuff the country has ever seen!  I can’t wait till the big baby loses to a woman.  

The Dems/media hid and covered up Biden for 3.5 years and were willing to do that for 4 more years until he shit the bed in the debate. Then formed a coup led by Pelosi and the Hollywood elite to strong arm him out as nominee. Going against the will of 15 million primary voters and democracy.

What a noble party!
    A coup can be an uprising or behind the scenes act.  I'll allow it.
  • josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 29,299
    Joe Biden
    CM189191 said:
    teskeinc said:
    CM189191 said:
    teskeinc said:
    pjl44 said:

He should resign. Tell the Dems to F off! Gave 50 years of his life to serving the country and got thrown out with the weekend leftovers. All over a couple polls that said he couldn’t win. Won a primary and over 80+ million (most ever) voted for him in 2020.

Do you think Biden should step down completely and have Harris sworn in as President?

Not sure how that would affect Vice President Harris' ability to be re-elected...
    I think he should resign. Obviously he’s not up to the job. He was the best name out there to beat Trump in 2020. He was the best name to beat Trump in 2024. The debate performance caused the panic.

How can he do his job? Now he’s embarrassed. He’s no hero, he was strong armed out. Everyone is laughing at him. Wouldn’t Kamala look better to voters if she assumed role of President for 3.5 months?

This may come as a shock to some people, but Biden strikes me as a life-long civil servant who is willing to put aside ego to do what's right for the country

Everyone is not laughing at him, I'm certainly not.  Biden's got more honor and integrity in his left pinky than the whole tRump family combined. 

jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • cblock4lifecblock4life Posts: 1,715
    teskeinc said:
    His press secretary told us daily on his acuity and how he was sharp as a tack. No one acknowledged anything until he bombed the debate.

How incompetent is Kamala to be complicit in hiding it. His cabinet? They went along with it because he was easily controlled. Basically a popular puppet.
    What about all those who stood quietly by and let trump tell us to drink Clorox?  Not one administrator, not one medical expert stepped up to stop him.  You’re talking about Biden’s press secretary as if she’s the only employee of the WH that ever lied on behalf of the Oval Office.  You can’t keep throwing boomerangs because they come back at you.  Stop and think about what you’re posting.  Try to come up with something that no other administration lied about except Biden’s.  
  • cblock4lifecblock4life Posts: 1,715
    I don’t ever recall Brandon drawing a new path of a hurricane on a map with a sharpie as his weather and disaster response officials looked on in horror on live television. Hmmmmm, who would have done such a thing?
    Ended up the classic example of trumps stupidity and all those around him.  I don’t remember who posted the crayons scribbled all over the map but it should be put in the history books as an example of his narcism.  
  • Go BeaversGo Beavers Posts: 8,986
    edited July 22
    tbergs said:
    teskeinc said:

What a noble party!
    So the Constitution validates coup attempts via the 25th Amendment? 
    tbergs said:
    teskeinc said:

What a noble party!
    So the Constitution validates coup attempts via the 25th Amendment? 
    Are you trying to be witty?  Has Kamala become president and I missed it? That is what the 25th amendment is.  Making the VP the P no?
    Oh and who got the Kamala thread locked up?  There was nothing flagable in that!
    Oh and who got the Kamala thread locked up?  There was nothing flagable in that!
    There was tons of slander, sexism and misogyny going on in there by a few posters. It was despicable.
  • brianluxbrianlux Posts: 41,786
    Joe Biden
    tbergs said:
    There was tons of slander, sexism and misogyny going on in there by a few posters. It was despicable.

No surprise.  AMT has been reaching a real low in terms of toxicity lately.  
    It would help if this place had a better ignore feature.  There are people here I just don't need to waste my time with.  They have a right to post within what I find too-loose guidelines, of course.  But unlike other forums, this one's ignore feature still leaves the ignored person visible, especially when someone quotes them.  It makes sifting through this minefield more trouble than it's worth lately.  (None of this is meant to disparage KAT or SEA.  I respect them both, do not envy their job!)

End of rant, time for more coffee! 
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• teskeincteskeinc Posts: 1,668
    Other
    CM189191 said:
    teskeinc said:
    CM189191 said:
    teskeinc said:
    pjl44 said:

Apparently Pelosi gave Biden 3 weeks to do things the easy way or she was prepared to remove Biden the hard way. 3 weeks was up yesterday. He chose the easy way. (Guessing Hunter Biden’s court cases played a big role)

Biden didn’t think Kamala was qualified to be President. But he was forced to drop out and endorse Kamala. 
    tbergs said:
    I went back and read it and didn't see the misogyny part sans the one comment that asked about chromosomes?
  • Gern BlanstenGern Blansten Posts: 19,703
    tbergs said:
    I went back and read it and didn't see the misogyny part sans the one comment that asked about chromosomes?
    Damn dude...work on your reading comprehension
    Remember the Thomas Nine !! (10/02/2018)

1998: Noblesville; 2003: Noblesville; 2009: EV Nashville, Chicago, Chicago
    2010: St Louis, Columbus, Noblesville; 2011: EV Chicago, East Troy, East Troy
    2013: London ON, Wrigley; 2014: Cincy, St Louis, Moline (NO CODE)
    2016: Lexington, Wrigley #1; 2018: Wrigley, Wrigley, Boston, Boston
    2020: Oakland, Oakland:  2021: EV Ohana, Ohana, Ohana, Ohana
    2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
    2024: Noblesville, Wrigley, Wrigley, Ohana, Ohana
    tbergs said:
    You and I must have different interpretations of what that looks like then. I thought it was pretty glaring.
    teskeinc said:
    CM189191 said:
    teskeinc said:
    CM189191 said:
    teskeinc said:
    pjl44 said:

Apparently Pelosi gave Biden 3 weeks to do things the easy way or she was prepared to remove Biden the hard way. 3 weeks was up yesterday. He chose the easy way. (Guessing Hunter Biden’s court cases played a big role)

Biden didn’t think Kamala was qualified to be President. But he was forced to drop out and endorse Kamala. 
    LOL you don't have any fucking idea. What bullshit source are you using for this garbage?

2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
    teskeinc said:
    CM189191 said:
    teskeinc said:
    CM189191 said:
    teskeinc said:
    pjl44 said:

LOL you don't have any fucking idea. What bullshit source are you using for this garbage?
    I saw it this morning too...

https://www.axios.com/2024/07/22/biden-kamala-harris-election-chances
    edited July 22
    Other
    teskeinc said:
    CM189191 said:
    teskeinc said:
    CM189191 said:
    teskeinc said:
    pjl44 said:

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/us/politics/2024/07/22/inside-the-24-hours-in-which-joe-biden-changed-his-mind/

Biden has stated repeatedly that he was a “transitional” candidate/President. He decided to run again because there was no one else to finish what he had started at this time. 
    Post edited by teskeinc on
    teskeinc said:
    teskeinc said:
    CM189191 said:
    teskeinc said:
    CM189191 said:
    teskeinc said:
    pjl44 said:

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/us/politics/2024/07/22/inside-the-24-hours-in-which-joe-biden-changed-his-mind/

Biden has stated repeatedly that he was a “transitional” candidate/President. He decided to run again because there was no one else to finish what he had started at this time. 
    Thank you for at least having a source.

edited July 22
    Other
    teskeinc said:
    teskeinc said:
    CM189191 said:
    teskeinc said:
    CM189191 said:
    teskeinc said:
    pjl44 said:

So you’re wrong? Cool (name-calling removed by admin.)
    Post edited by Kat on
    edited July 22
    teskeinc said:
    teskeinc said:
    teskeinc said:
    CM189191 said:
    teskeinc said:
    CM189191 said:
    teskeinc said:
    pjl44 said:

So you’re wrong? Cool
    To be determined...saying that Pelosi was "prepared to remove Biden the hard way" doesn't seem like anything based in reality.
    Post edited by Kat on

tbergs said:
    Damn dude...work on your reading comprehension
    tbergs said:
    tbergs said:
    You and I must have different interpretations of what that looks like then. I thought it was pretty glaring.
    Went back again.  First page.  Got it.  My bad...
  • KatKat Posts: 4,849
    Falling down,...not staying down
  • mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 29,506
    Kamala Harris
    teskeinc said:
    teskeinc said:
    teskeinc said:
    CM189191 said:
    teskeinc said:
    CM189191 said:
    teskeinc said:
    pjl44 said:

So you’re wrong? Cool
    To be determined...saying that Pelosi was "prepared to remove Biden the hard way" doesn't seem like anything based in reality.
    How exactly are people saying that would happen?
    Seems to be a timely article for some to read.

https://wapo.st/3Skyrm1

Excerpt below:

The idea that the Democratic Party underwent a “coup” has been a popular one over the past 24 hours. After a senior Trump campaign official floated the descriptor, Sen. Tom Cotton (R-Ark.) offered it directly in a post on social media.
    “Joe Biden succumbed to a coup by Nancy Pelosi, Barack Obama, and Hollywood donors, ignoring millions of Democratic primary votes,” he wrote. “Donald Trump took a bullet for democracy.”

At the outset, we should make explicit that these are not good-faith arguments. Cotton does not deserve the benefit of the doubt that he is concerned about the votes of Democratic primary voters. The play is, instead, to try to erode one of the most significant arguments against Trump’s candidacy: that he did try to subvert democracy and that, returned to the White House, he would try to do so further. When your candidate is appearing at campaign rallies and praising Chinese autocrat Xi Jinping and his “iron fist” control over his population, it’s useful to have a way to suggest that your opponents are just as bad.

• mickeyratmickeyrat Posts: 38,195
    Joe Biden
    teskeinc said:
    CM189191 said:
    teskeinc said:
    CM189191 said:
    teskeinc said:
    pjl44 said:

at 81 yrs old, didnt think her qualified to be president YET kept her on the ticket?
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
    edited July 22
    Other
    mickeyrat said:
    teskeinc said:
    CM189191 said:
    teskeinc said:
    CM189191 said:
    teskeinc said:
    pjl44 said:

at 81 yrs old, didnt think her qualified to be president YET kept her on the ticket?
    It was more of he didn’t think Kamala could beat Trump as well. She was put on the ticket because of her gender and race in 2020. 
    Post edited by teskeinc on
  • Johnny AbruzzoJohnny Abruzzo Posts: 11,478
    Kamala Harris
    I called my senators and my representative to say that Joe Biden should drop out.

-Coup committer
    Spectrum 10/27/09; New Orleans JazzFest 5/1/10; Made in America 9/2/12; WF Center 10/21/13; WF Center 10/22/13; Baltimore 10/27/13;
    WF Center 4/28/16; WF Center 4/29/16; Fenway Park 8/7/16; Fenway Park 9/2/18; Asbury Park 9/18/21; Camden 9/14/22;
    Las Vegas 5/16/24; Las Vegas 5/18/24; WF Center 9/7/24; WF Center 9/9/24; Baltimore Arena 9/12/24

Tres Mtns - TLA 3/23/11; EV - Tower Theatre 6/25/11; Temple of the Dog - Tower Theatre 11/5/16