teskeinc said:
    mickeyrat said:
    teskeinc said:
    CM189191 said:
    teskeinc said:
    CM189191 said:
    teskeinc said:
    pjl44 said:
    I expected that we would have heard from Biden yesterday. Today?
    I think I read he would speak later in the week.
    He still has “Covid”. He doesn’t speak until Pelosi gives the OK

He should resign. Tell the Dems to F off! Gave 50 years of his life to serving the country and got thrown out with the weekend leftovers. All over a couple polls that said he couldn’t win. Won a primary and over 80+ million (most ever) voted for him in 2020.

Now he’s a 6 month Lame Duck.

Do you think Biden should step down completely and have Harris sworn in as President?

Not sure how that would affect Vice President Harris' ability to be re-elected...
    I think he should resign. Obviously he’s not up to the job. He was the best name out there to beat Trump in 2020. He was the best name to beat Trump in 2024. The debate performance caused the panic.

How can he do his job? Now he’s embarrassed. He’s no hero, he was strong armed out. Everyone is laughing at him. Wouldn’t Kamala look better to voters if she assumed role of President for 3.5 months?

I don't think embarrassment has anything to do with it

This may come as a shock to some people, but Biden strikes me as a life-long civil servant who is willing to put aside ego to do what's right for the country

Everyone is not laughing at him, I'm certainly not.  Biden's got more honor and integrity in his left pinky than the whole tRump family combined. 
    Apparently Pelosi gave Biden 3 weeks to do things the easy way or she was prepared to remove Biden the hard way. 3 weeks was up yesterday. He chose the easy way. (Guessing Hunter Biden’s court cases played a big role)

Biden didn’t think Kamala was qualified to be President. But he was forced to drop out and endorse Kamala. 

at 81 yrs old, didnt think her qualified to be president YET kept her on the ticket?
    It was more of he didn’t think Kamala could beat Trump as well.
    You have some amazing insight into people's thoughts and private actions.  First you say Pelosi gave him three weeks and that was up yesterday.  Can you tell us exactly where that ultimatum was delivered and what was the consequence? And how would Pelosi, who is not in leadership, force the president out of the race?  

Second, you tell us Biden didn't believe Harris was qualified to be president today.  Tell us more about how you know how Biden feels about Harris.  Do you have quotes?  Do you have mind reading results?  Or do you just talk out of your ass?
  • mickeyratmickeyrat Posts: 38,195
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • tbergstbergs Posts: 9,642
    teskeinc said:
    mickeyrat said:
    teskeinc said:
    CM189191 said:
    teskeinc said:
    CM189191 said:
    teskeinc said:
    pjl44 said:

He should resign. Tell the Dems to F off! Gave 50 years of his life to serving the country and got thrown out with the weekend leftovers. All over a couple polls that said he couldn’t win. Won a primary and over 80+ million (most ever) voted for him in 2020.

Do you think Biden should step down completely and have Harris sworn in as President?

Not sure how that would affect Vice President Harris' ability to be re-elected...
    I think he should resign. Obviously he’s not up to the job. He was the best name out there to beat Trump in 2020. He was the best name to beat Trump in 2024. The debate performance caused the panic.

How can he do his job? Now he’s embarrassed. He’s no hero, he was strong armed out. Everyone is laughing at him. Wouldn’t Kamala look better to voters if she assumed role of President for 3.5 months?

This may come as a shock to some people, but Biden strikes me as a life-long civil servant who is willing to put aside ego to do what's right for the country

Everyone is not laughing at him, I'm certainly not.  Biden's got more honor and integrity in his left pinky than the whole tRump family combined. 
    Apparently Pelosi gave Biden 3 weeks to do things the easy way or she was prepared to remove Biden the hard way. 3 weeks was up yesterday. He chose the easy way. (Guessing Hunter Biden’s court cases played a big role)

Biden didn’t think Kamala was qualified to be President. But he was forced to drop out and endorse Kamala. 

at 81 yrs old, didnt think her qualified to be president YET kept her on the ticket?
    It was more of he didn’t think Kamala could beat Trump as well. She was put on the ticket because of her gender and race in 2020. 
    That's about the most crass way you could characterize her being on the ticket with an old white dude, but sure let's go with your generalization. I guess it's the same reason Obama chose Biden and Trump chose Pence. The VP is someone meant to balance the ticket. Same way Harris will most likely pick a white male because there are still too many in the country afraid of a woman in power, especially one of color.

Your comments on here the last few days are just a glimpse in to the sexist, racist and misogynistic views that permeate the MAGA movement. So unfortunately, intelligent, witty and highly qualified candidates like Harris still have to push through these barriers everyday, unlike that unqualified ignoramus Trump.
    It's a hopeless situation...
  • Gern BlanstenGern Blansten Posts: 19,703
    You can bet that tRump's camp is wishing they had that Vance pick back. I bet they would go with Haley right now given the circumstances.

Remember the Thomas Nine !! (10/02/2018)

1998: Noblesville; 2003: Noblesville; 2009: EV Nashville, Chicago, Chicago
    2010: St Louis, Columbus, Noblesville; 2011: EV Chicago, East Troy, East Troy
    2013: London ON, Wrigley; 2014: Cincy, St Louis, Moline (NO CODE)
    2016: Lexington, Wrigley #1; 2018: Wrigley, Wrigley, Boston, Boston
    2020: Oakland, Oakland:  2021: EV Ohana, Ohana, Ohana, Ohana
    2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
    2024: Noblesville, Wrigley, Wrigley, Ohana, Ohana
  • mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 29,506
    Kamala Harris
    You can bet that tRump's camp is wishing they had that Vance pick back. I bet they would go with Haley right now given the circumstances.

Interesting argument.  Would she have taken it?
  • teskeincteskeinc Posts: 1,668
    Other
    tbergs said:
    teskeinc said:
    mickeyrat said:
    teskeinc said:
    CM189191 said:
    teskeinc said:
    CM189191 said:
    teskeinc said:
    pjl44 said:

It was more of he didn’t think Kamala could beat Trump as well. She was put on the ticket because of her gender and race in 2020. 
    That's about the most crass way you could characterize her being on the ticket with an old white dude, but sure let's go with your generalization. I guess it's the same reason Obama chose Biden and Trump chose Pence. The VP is someone meant to balance the ticket. Same way Harris will most likely pick a white male because there are still too many in the country afraid of a woman in power, especially one of color.

Your comments on here the last few days are just a glimpse in to the sexist, racist and misogynistic views that permeate the MAGA movement. So unfortunately, intelligent, witty and highly qualified candidates like Harris still have to push through these barriers everyday, unlike that unqualified ignoramus Trump.
    So qualified and unpopular that she dropped out before the first primary in 2020? I guess her on the job training working with Joe Biden for 3.5 years has made up for her failure in 2020 though.

And as “Border Czar” did such a great job she didn’t need to go to the border and supervise the largest number of illegal immigrants coming in in our history. But tell us how great she is?
  • curmudgeonesscurmudgeoness Posts: 3,987
    Kamala Harris
    mrussel1 said:

I bet she would; she's every bit as ambitious/ craven as Vance is. She would have been a far more palatable option, too, since her foreign policy views are reality-based, at least.
    All those who seek to destroy the liberties of a democratic nation ought to know that war is the surest and shortest means to accomplish it.
    Kamala Harris
    teskeinc said:
    tbergs said:
    teskeinc said:
    mickeyrat said:
    teskeinc said:
    CM189191 said:
    teskeinc said:
    CM189191 said:
    teskeinc said:
    pjl44 said:

So qualified and unpopular that she dropped out before the first primary in 2020? I guess her on the job training working with Joe Biden for 3.5 years has made up for her failure in 2020 though.

And as “Border Czar” did such a great job she didn’t need to go to the border and supervise the largest number of illegal immigrants coming in in our history. But tell us how great she is?
    Did she encourage a mob to stop the certification, leading to a riot?  No?  Okay, she's qualified comparatively. 
  • OnWis97OnWis97 Posts: 4,997
    Joe Biden
    mrussel1 said:

I bet she would; she's every bit as ambitious/ craven as Vance is. She would have been a far more palatable option, too, since her foreign policy views are reality-based, at least.
    There are a small, vilified handful of Republicans that have stayed true to recognizing Trump for what he is. Haley, like most of them, always comes back to King Donny. I am sure she'd have taken it.

I'm not clear what the Biden decision would make the Trump camp wish they'd picked her instead of Vance though.
    1995 Milwaukee     1998 Alpine, Alpine     2003 Albany, Boston, Boston, Boston     2004 Boston, Boston     2006 Hartford, St. Paul (Petty), St. Paul (Petty)     2011 Alpine, Alpine     
    2013 Wrigley     2014 St. Paul     2016 Fenway, Fenway, Wrigley, Wrigley     2018 Missoula, Wrigley, Wrigley     2021 Asbury Park     2022 St Louis     2023 Austin, Austin
    edited July 22
    Other
    mrussel1 said:
    teskeinc said:
    mickeyrat said:
    teskeinc said:
    CM189191 said:
    teskeinc said:
    CM189191 said:
    teskeinc said:
    pjl44 said:

You have some amazing insight into people's thoughts and private actions.  First you say Pelosi gave him three weeks and that was up yesterday.  Can you tell us exactly where that ultimatum was delivered and what was the consequence? And how would Pelosi, who is not in leadership, force the president out of the race?  

Second, you tell us Biden didn't believe Harris was qualified to be president today.  Tell us more about how you know how Biden feels about Harris.  Do you have quotes?  Do you have mind reading results?  Or do you just talk out of your ass?
    I didn’t say it. Links were posted. Go back and read. I don’t know what the consequences would be. Guessing either 25th amendment or the threat of harsher punishment in Hunters sentencing? Just speculating there.

Pelosi is still a powerful figure in the party. She controls the purse strings of Hollywood elite and big donors. 

Biden has said it also in the Axios article that he didn’t think she could beat Trump. He was the only one that could finish the work he started. If he had confidence in Kamala he wouldn’t have run for re-election in the first place since he was only a “transitional” candidate by his own admission.

Sorry if the truth hurts you. But that’s a character flaw you’re probably used to.

https://www.axios.com/2024/07/18/nancy-pelosi-biden-president-2024

Post edited by teskeinc on
  • cblock4lifecblock4life Posts: 1,715
    mrussel1 said:

She would have.  Spineless, gutless puke.  
    teskeinc said:
    mrussel1 said:
    teskeinc said:
    mickeyrat said:
    teskeinc said:
    CM189191 said:
    teskeinc said:
    CM189191 said:
    teskeinc said:
    pjl44 said:

I didn’t say it. Links were posted. Go back and read. I don’t know what the consequences would be. Guessing either 25th amendment or the threat of harsher punishment in Hunters sentencing? Just speculating there.

Pelosi is still a powerful figure in the party. She controls the purse strings of Hollywood elite and big donors. 

Biden has said it also in the Axios article that he didn’t think she could beat Trump. He was the only one that could finish the work he started. If he had confidence in Kamala he wouldn’t have run for re-election in the first place since he was only a “transitional” candidate by his own admission.

Sorry if the truth hurts you. But that’s a character flaw you’re probably used to.

You’ve got no clue who you’re saying this about.  It couldn’t be further from the truth.  You got the wrong guy on this one.  
    Other
    mrussel1 said:

Let’s be honest if she was picked she would be slandered here by the lefty liberals just like any other candidate. That’s what you do here.

End of the day it doesn’t matter. The 10-20 posters here are voting for an empty chair over Trump. It’s people like me who have voted mostly Democrat in their life that needs a centrist candidate to be better than Trump. That isn’t Kamala. That’s what is going to decide the swing states and ultimately the election.
  • curmudgeonesscurmudgeoness Posts: 3,987
    Kamala Harris
    OnWis97 said:
    mrussel1 said:

There are a small, vilified handful of Republicans that have stayed true to recognizing Trump for what he is. Haley, like most of them, always comes back to King Donny. I am sure she'd have taken it.

I'm not clear what the Biden decision would make the Trump camp wish they'd picked her instead of Vance though.

Good question. I'd guess: she's more physically appealing/ attractive than Vance is (that matters to T---p!); she's more qualified than Vance; having a woman on the ticket would allow them to point to their own party diversity/ pay lip service to understanding the needs of women. Again, I'm just guessing here.
    All those who seek to destroy the liberties of a democratic nation ought to know that war is the surest and shortest means to accomplish it.
  • Go BeaversGo Beavers Posts: 8,986
    tbergs said:
    teskeinc said:
    Now Harris ran the country when they said it was Obama?  Which is it?  The republicans are complete and total fools and liars.  They’re so wound up now and scrambling, scared, and giving us the most amusement yet.  I find this to be some of the funniest stuff the country has ever seen!  I can’t wait till the big baby loses to a woman.  

The Dems/media hid and covered up Biden for 3.5 years and were willing to do that for 4 more years until he shit the bed in the debate. Then formed a coup led by Pelosi and the Hollywood elite to strong arm him out as nominee. Going against the will of 15 million primary voters and democracy.

What a noble party!
    There you go, using coup again like it applies in this situation. 
    A coup can be an uprising or behind the scenes act.  I'll allow it.
    So the Constitution validates coup attempts via the 25th Amendment? 
    Are you trying to be witty?  Has Kamala become president and I missed it? That is what the 25th amendment is.  Making the VP the P no?
    The 25th is even a higher level intervention where a handful of people can remove a standing president. By the loose definition the reactionary right is using, it would also be a “coup”
    teskeinc said:
    mrussel1 said:

Let’s be honest if she was picked she would be slandered here by the lefty liberals just like any other candidate. That’s what you do here.

End of the day it doesn’t matter. The 10-20 posters here are voting for an empty chair over Trump. It’s people like me who have voted mostly Democrat in their life that needs a centrist candidate to be better than Trump. That isn’t Kamala. That’s what is going to decide the swing states and ultimately the election.
    Ok let’s be honest, any man woman or child who would allow a POS insult their spouse, children, family and go work for them anyway is a money hungry, power hungry POS also.  
    Kamala Harris
    teskeinc said:
    mrussel1 said:
    teskeinc said:
    mickeyrat said:
    teskeinc said:
    CM189191 said:
    teskeinc said:
    CM189191 said:
    teskeinc said:
    pjl44 said:

Threat of harsher punishment?  So now Pelosi controls the federal judge in the Hunter case?  Tell me more about the all-powerful Nancy Pelosi.  Why isn't she still Speaker if she can adjust sentencing for felons?  WTF are you talking about?  

And where exactly in the article you posted does Biden say Harris can't win?  If Joe made some comment that he is the right person to finish the job, well duh.  Of course he's going to say that.  Give me a break.  Are you new to politics and personal ambition?
  • tempo_n_groovetempo_n_groove Posts: 40,214
    tbergs said:
    teskeinc said:
    Now Harris ran the country when they said it was Obama?  Which is it?  The republicans are complete and total fools and liars.  They’re so wound up now and scrambling, scared, and giving us the most amusement yet.  I find this to be some of the funniest stuff the country has ever seen!  I can’t wait till the big baby loses to a woman.  

The Dems/media hid and covered up Biden for 3.5 years and were willing to do that for 4 more years until he shit the bed in the debate. Then formed a coup led by Pelosi and the Hollywood elite to strong arm him out as nominee. Going against the will of 15 million primary voters and democracy.

What a noble party!
    Are you trying to be witty?  Has Kamala become president and I missed it? That is what the 25th amendment is.  Making the VP the P no?
    The 25th is even a higher level intervention where a handful of people can remove a standing president. By the loose definition the reactionary right is using, it would also be a “coup”
    But it wasn't a coup.  They blatantly said it out in the open that Biden should step down, lol.
    mrussel1 said:

Hell yes...she has no shame

2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
    teskeinc said:
    mrussel1 said:
    teskeinc said:
    mickeyrat said:
    teskeinc said:
    CM189191 said:
    teskeinc said:
    CM189191 said:
    teskeinc said:
    pjl44 said:

you really post some outrageous shit

teskeinc said:
    mrussel1 said:

I don't believe that for a second. Sorry.

edited July 22
    I may not be up on my news so I’ll check but the Obama’s didn’t endorse her have they?  To be continued…

this is why reading is fundamental.  He waits - which he did with Biden as well.  Totally forgot. 
    Post edited by cblock4life on
  • CM189191CM189191 Posts: 6,927
    teskeinc said:
    CM189191 said:
    teskeinc said:
    CM189191 said:
    teskeinc said:
    pjl44 said:

takes a big man to admit when he's wrong

Biden continues to impress more everyday

looking forward to Hunter's pardon after VP Harris is elected
  • OnWis97OnWis97 Posts: 4,997
    edited July 22
    Joe Biden
    OnWis97 said:
    mrussel1 said:

Good question. I'd guess: she's more physically appealing/ attractive than Vance is (that matters to T---p!); she's more qualified than Vance; having a woman on the ticket would allow them to point to their own party diversity/ pay lip service to understanding the needs of women. Again, I'm just guessing here.
    With Harris as the supposed running mate, I was kind of expecting Trump to pick a woman...and at that point, I thought looks would come into play which (while I find it generally gross to objectify this way but it applies to him), is why I never thought for a second it would be Stafinik and figured on Haley, Tulski, or Noem.* I think Vance was more of the "party" pick than the Trump pick, though. I truly believe he was picked because he thought Pence should have found a way to certify for Trump and that he will not certify 2028 for a Democrat regardless of how the votes go.

*I wonder if the dog-shooting story cost her...
    1995 Milwaukee     1998 Alpine, Alpine     2003 Albany, Boston, Boston, Boston     2004 Boston, Boston     2006 Hartford, St. Paul (Petty), St. Paul (Petty)     2011 Alpine, Alpine     
    2013 Wrigley     2014 St. Paul     2016 Fenway, Fenway, Wrigley, Wrigley     2018 Missoula, Wrigley, Wrigley     2021 Asbury Park     2022 St Louis     2023 Austin, Austin
    OnWis97 said:
    OnWis97 said:
    mrussel1 said:

With Harris as the supposed running mate, I was kind of expecting Trump to pick a woman...and at that point, I thought looks would come into play which (while I find it generally gross to objectify this way but it applies to him), is why I never thought for a second it would be Stafinik and figured on Haley, Tulski, or Noem.* I think Vance was more of the "party" pick than the Trump pick, though. I truly believe he was picked because he thought Pence should have found a way to certify for Trump and that he will not certify 2028 for a Democrat regardless of how the votes go.

Vance was a Donnie Jr. pick.  
  • Go BeaversGo Beavers Posts: 8,986
    tbergs said:
    teskeinc said:

What a noble party!
    But it wasn't a coup.  They blatantly said it out in the open that Biden should step down, lol.
    I know it’s not a coup, that’s what I’m saying. It seemed like you were suggesting it was earlier. 
  • tempo_n_groovetempo_n_groove Posts: 40,214
    tbergs said:
    teskeinc said:

What a noble party!
    I know it’s not a coup, that’s what I’m saying. It seemed like you were suggesting it was earlier. 
    Ahh yeah I said it could be just an uprising so yeah. My bad.
    Other
    OnWis97 said:
    OnWis97 said:
    mrussel1 said:

Vance was a Donnie Jr. pick.  
    It was between Rubio and Vance. Yeah Jr. wanted Vance but apparently the law that VP and President can’t reside in the same state played a big factor as well.
  • josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 29,299
    Joe Biden
    mrussel1 said:

In a heart beat! 
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • cincybearcatcincybearcat Posts: 16,360
    Joe Biden
    mrussel1 said:

In a heart beat! 
    I mean, it would make sense.  You are thinking your candidate is going to win.  If you are he sitting VP...sets you up really nicely for 2028.  She would have been dumb to not take it....and Trump was an idiot for not picking her...par for the course.
    hippiemom = goodness