Who will be the Democratic nominee?

Comments

• seanwonseanwon Posts: 447
    teskeinc said:
    mrussel1 said:
    You can bet that tRump's camp is wishing they had that Vance pick back. I bet they would go with Haley right now given the circumstances.

Interesting argument.  Would she have taken it?

I bet she would; she's every bit as ambitious/ craven as Vance is. She would have been a far more palatable option, too, since her foreign policy views are reality-based, at least.
    Let’s be honest if she was picked she would be slandered here by the lefty liberals just like any other candidate. That’s what you do here.

End of the day it doesn’t matter. The 10-20 posters here are voting for an empty chair over Trump. It’s people like me who have voted mostly Democrat in their life that needs a centrist candidate to be better than Trump. That isn’t Kamala. That’s what is going to decide the swing states and ultimately the election.
    I don't believe that for a second. Sorry.
    Believe it.  I never have and never would vote for Trump.  I have voted for just 1 Republican presidential candidate in my life.  I WASN'T voting for Biden, I will grudgingly vote for Harris.  But not excited about it.  And none of the liberals I know are excited about it, or the direction of the Dem party recently.  To be fair, none of the Cons I know are excited by the republican party in recent years either.  I suppose I am lucky to be surrounded by a lot of normal people, rather than people brainwashed by the far left and right. 
    1996: 9/29 Randall's Island 2,  10/1 Buffalo                  2000: 8/27 Saratoga Springs
    2003: 4/29 Albany,  5/2 Buffalo,  7/9 MSG 2                   2006: 5/12 Albany,  6/3 East Rutherford 2
    2008: 6/27 Hartford                 2009: 10/27 Philadelphia 1              2010: 5/15 Hartford,   5/21 MSG 2
    2013: 10/15 Worcester 1,  10/25 Hartford                       2014: 10/1 Cincinnati
    2016: 5/2 MSG 2,   8/5 Fenway 1,  11/7 Temple of the Dog MSG
    2018: 9/2 Fenway 1
    2020: 3/30 MSG             2022: 9/11 MSG            2023: 9/10 Noblesville
    2024: 9/3 MSG 1, 9/4 MSG 2 , 9/15 Fenway 1, 9/17 Fenway 2
  • Gern BlanstenGern Blansten Posts: 19,703
    seanwon said:
    teskeinc said:
    mrussel1 said:
    You can bet that tRump's camp is wishing they had that Vance pick back. I bet they would go with Haley right now given the circumstances.

I bet she would; she's every bit as ambitious/ craven as Vance is. She would have been a far more palatable option, too, since her foreign policy views are reality-based, at least.
    Let’s be honest if she was picked she would be slandered here by the lefty liberals just like any other candidate. That’s what you do here.

End of the day it doesn’t matter. The 10-20 posters here are voting for an empty chair over Trump. It’s people like me who have voted mostly Democrat in their life that needs a centrist candidate to be better than Trump. That isn’t Kamala. That’s what is going to decide the swing states and ultimately the election.
    Believe it.  I never have and never would vote for Trump.  I have voted for just 1 Republican presidential candidate in my life.  I WASN'T voting for Biden, I will grudgingly vote for Harris.  But not excited about it.  And none of the liberals I know are excited about it, or the direction of the Dem party recently.  To be fair, none of the Cons I know are excited by the republican party in recent years either.  I suppose I am lucky to be surrounded by a lot of normal people, rather than people brainwashed by the far left and right. 
    I just don't understand being that disconnected. One party favors people and the other favors one guy.
    Remember the Thomas Nine !! (10/02/2018)

1998: Noblesville; 2003: Noblesville; 2009: EV Nashville, Chicago, Chicago
    2010: St Louis, Columbus, Noblesville; 2011: EV Chicago, East Troy, East Troy
    2013: London ON, Wrigley; 2014: Cincy, St Louis, Moline (NO CODE)
    2016: Lexington, Wrigley #1; 2018: Wrigley, Wrigley, Boston, Boston
    2020: Oakland, Oakland:  2021: EV Ohana, Ohana, Ohana, Ohana
    2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
    2024: Noblesville, Wrigley, Wrigley, Ohana, Ohana
    OnWis97 said:
    OnWis97 said:
    mrussel1 said:

There are a small, vilified handful of Republicans that have stayed true to recognizing Trump for what he is. Haley, like most of them, always comes back to King Donny. I am sure she'd have taken it.

I'm not clear what the Biden decision would make the Trump camp wish they'd picked her instead of Vance though.

Good question. I'd guess: she's more physically appealing/ attractive than Vance is (that matters to T---p!); she's more qualified than Vance; having a woman on the ticket would allow them to point to their own party diversity/ pay lip service to understanding the needs of women. Again, I'm just guessing here.
    With Harris as the supposed running mate, I was kind of expecting Trump to pick a woman...and at that point, I thought looks would come into play which (while I find it generally gross to objectify this way but it applies to him), is why I never thought for a second it would be Stafinik and figured on Haley, Tulski, or Noem.* I think Vance was more of the "party" pick than the Trump pick, though. I truly believe he was picked because he thought Pence should have found a way to certify for Trump and that he will not certify 2028 for a Democrat regardless of how the votes go.

*I wonder if the dog-shooting story cost her...
    yeah Tulsi was really pushing for that pick...she's probably bummed

2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
    teskeinc said:
    OnWis97 said:
    OnWis97 said:
    mrussel1 said:

There are a small, vilified handful of Republicans that have stayed true to recognizing Trump for what he is. Haley, like most of them, always comes back to King Donny. I am sure she'd have taken it.

I'm not clear what the Biden decision would make the Trump camp wish they'd picked her instead of Vance though.

Good question. I'd guess: she's more physically appealing/ attractive than Vance is (that matters to T---p!); she's more qualified than Vance; having a woman on the ticket would allow them to point to their own party diversity/ pay lip service to understanding the needs of women. Again, I'm just guessing here.
    With Harris as the supposed running mate, I was kind of expecting Trump to pick a woman...and at that point, I thought looks would come into play which (while I find it generally gross to objectify this way but it applies to him), is why I never thought for a second it would be Stafinik and figured on Haley, Tulski, or Noem.* I think Vance was more of the "party" pick than the Trump pick, though. I truly believe he was picked because he thought Pence should have found a way to certify for Trump and that he will not certify 2028 for a Democrat regardless of how the votes go.

*I wonder if the dog-shooting story cost her...
    Vance was a Donnie Jr. pick.  
    It was between Rubio and Vance. Yeah Jr. wanted Vance but apparently the law that VP and President can’t reside in the same state played a big factor as well.
    That is easily solved though. 

• ZoSoTimZoSoTim Posts: 1,000
    edited July 23
    Joe Biden
    Posting removed.
    Please see the Posting Guidelines stickied on Porch. We're here to talk about the topic, not each other...thank you. - Admin
    Post edited by Kat on
    Dallas, TX (November 15, 2013)
    Chicago 1 (August 20, 2016)
    Chicago 2 (August 22, 2016)
    Ft. Worth 1 (September 13, 2023)
    Ft. Worth 2 (September 15, 2023)
  • gimmesometruth27gimmesometruth27 Posts: 23,214
    teskeinc said:
    tbergs said:
    teskeinc said:
    mickeyrat said:
    teskeinc said:
    CM189191 said:
    teskeinc said:
    CM189191 said:
    teskeinc said:
    pjl44 said:
    I expected that we would have heard from Biden yesterday. Today?
    I think I read he would speak later in the week.
    He still has “Covid”. He doesn’t speak until Pelosi gives the OK

He should resign. Tell the Dems to F off! Gave 50 years of his life to serving the country and got thrown out with the weekend leftovers. All over a couple polls that said he couldn’t win. Won a primary and over 80+ million (most ever) voted for him in 2020.

Now he’s a 6 month Lame Duck.

Do you think Biden should step down completely and have Harris sworn in as President?

Not sure how that would affect Vice President Harris' ability to be re-elected...
    I think he should resign. Obviously he’s not up to the job. He was the best name out there to beat Trump in 2020. He was the best name to beat Trump in 2024. The debate performance caused the panic.

How can he do his job? Now he’s embarrassed. He’s no hero, he was strong armed out. Everyone is laughing at him. Wouldn’t Kamala look better to voters if she assumed role of President for 3.5 months?

I don't think embarrassment has anything to do with it

This may come as a shock to some people, but Biden strikes me as a life-long civil servant who is willing to put aside ego to do what's right for the country

Everyone is not laughing at him, I'm certainly not.  Biden's got more honor and integrity in his left pinky than the whole tRump family combined. 
    Apparently Pelosi gave Biden 3 weeks to do things the easy way or she was prepared to remove Biden the hard way. 3 weeks was up yesterday. He chose the easy way. (Guessing Hunter Biden’s court cases played a big role)

Biden didn’t think Kamala was qualified to be President. But he was forced to drop out and endorse Kamala. 

at 81 yrs old, didnt think her qualified to be president YET kept her on the ticket?
    It was more of he didn’t think Kamala could beat Trump as well. She was put on the ticket because of her gender and race in 2020. 
    That's about the most crass way you could characterize her being on the ticket with an old white dude, but sure let's go with your generalization. I guess it's the same reason Obama chose Biden and Trump chose Pence. The VP is someone meant to balance the ticket. Same way Harris will most likely pick a white male because there are still too many in the country afraid of a woman in power, especially one of color.

Your comments on here the last few days are just a glimpse in to the sexist, racist and misogynistic views that permeate the MAGA movement. So unfortunately, intelligent, witty and highly qualified candidates like Harris still have to push through these barriers everyday, unlike that unqualified ignoramus Trump.
    So qualified and unpopular that she dropped out before the first primary in 2020? I guess her on the job training working with Joe Biden for 3.5 years has made up for her failure in 2020 though.

And as “Border Czar” did such a great job she didn’t need to go to the border and supervise the largest number of illegal immigrants coming in in our history. But tell us how great she is?
    did she call the speaker of the house and tell him to prevent the comprehensive immigration bill from coming to the floor?

no. that was trump. he wanted the immigration issue to run on. you might want to look at who you are blaming the border "crisis" on. 
    "You can tell the greatness of a man by what makes him angry."  - Lincoln

"Well, you tell him that I don't talk to suckas."
  • cblock4lifecblock4life Posts: 1,715
    teskeinc said:
    tbergs said:
    teskeinc said:
    mickeyrat said:
    teskeinc said:
    CM189191 said:
    teskeinc said:
    CM189191 said:
    teskeinc said:
    pjl44 said:

He should resign. Tell the Dems to F off! Gave 50 years of his life to serving the country and got thrown out with the weekend leftovers. All over a couple polls that said he couldn’t win. Won a primary and over 80+ million (most ever) voted for him in 2020.

Do you think Biden should step down completely and have Harris sworn in as President?

Not sure how that would affect Vice President Harris' ability to be re-elected...
    I think he should resign. Obviously he’s not up to the job. He was the best name out there to beat Trump in 2020. He was the best name to beat Trump in 2024. The debate performance caused the panic.

How can he do his job? Now he’s embarrassed. He’s no hero, he was strong armed out. Everyone is laughing at him. Wouldn’t Kamala look better to voters if she assumed role of President for 3.5 months?

This may come as a shock to some people, but Biden strikes me as a life-long civil servant who is willing to put aside ego to do what's right for the country

Everyone is not laughing at him, I'm certainly not.  Biden's got more honor and integrity in his left pinky than the whole tRump family combined. 
    Apparently Pelosi gave Biden 3 weeks to do things the easy way or she was prepared to remove Biden the hard way. 3 weeks was up yesterday. He chose the easy way. (Guessing Hunter Biden’s court cases played a big role)

Biden didn’t think Kamala was qualified to be President. But he was forced to drop out and endorse Kamala. 

at 81 yrs old, didnt think her qualified to be president YET kept her on the ticket?
    It was more of he didn’t think Kamala could beat Trump as well. She was put on the ticket because of her gender and race in 2020. 
    That's about the most crass way you could characterize her being on the ticket with an old white dude, but sure let's go with your generalization. I guess it's the same reason Obama chose Biden and Trump chose Pence. The VP is someone meant to balance the ticket. Same way Harris will most likely pick a white male because there are still too many in the country afraid of a woman in power, especially one of color.

Your comments on here the last few days are just a glimpse in to the sexist, racist and misogynistic views that permeate the MAGA movement. So unfortunately, intelligent, witty and highly qualified candidates like Harris still have to push through these barriers everyday, unlike that unqualified ignoramus Trump.
    So qualified and unpopular that she dropped out before the first primary in 2020? I guess her on the job training working with Joe Biden for 3.5 years has made up for her failure in 2020 though.

And as “Border Czar” did such a great job she didn’t need to go to the border and supervise the largest number of illegal immigrants coming in in our history. But tell us how great she is?
    Is it possible that it had nothing to do with your accusations but rather a personal or medical issue arose?  That’s possible, correct?  Her record makes her more than qualified for the position.  Did she make mistakes?  Only one person I believe in never made any mistakes.  
  • mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 29,506
    Kamala Harris
    teskeinc said:
    tbergs said:
    teskeinc said:
    mickeyrat said:
    teskeinc said:
    CM189191 said:
    teskeinc said:
    CM189191 said:
    teskeinc said:
    pjl44 said:

Is it possible that it had nothing to do with your accusations but rather a personal or medical issue arose?  That’s possible, correct?  Her record makes her more than qualified for the position.  Did she make mistakes?  Only one person I believe in never made any mistakes.  
    Santa?
    mrussel1 said:
    teskeinc said:
    tbergs said:
    teskeinc said:
    mickeyrat said:
    teskeinc said:
    CM189191 said:
    teskeinc said:
    CM189191 said:
    teskeinc said:
    pjl44 said:

Santa?
    That’s absolutely correct!  Hahahaha 
  • mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 29,506
    Kamala Harris
    seanwon said:
    teskeinc said:
    mrussel1 said:

Fair,  but you're replying to discussion with someone else.  That person believes Pelosi is blackmailing a federal judge to increase Huntet's sentence.  And that Harris "slept her way" to the top.  People who believe this nonsense are voting for Trump. 
    mrussel1 said:
    seanwon said:
    teskeinc said:
    mrussel1 said:

Fair,  but you're replying to discussion with someone else.  That person believes Pelosi is blackmailing a federal judge to increase Huntet's sentence.  And that Harris "slept her way" to the top.  People who believe this nonsense are voting for Trump. 
    agreed.

people that are voting for trump are voting for trump. end of story. they are ungettable, so democrats should stop trying to sway them to their side. it isn't going to work.

the people the dems need to engage are swing voters and reasonable people, and confused/dismayed republicans. those are the only gettable votes outside of the dem base. 

• curmudgeonesscurmudgeoness Posts: 3,987
    Kamala Harris
    seanwon said:
    teskeinc said:
    mrussel1 said:

I'm trying to follow the logic here, and I can't.
    I'm a centrist -- like, right down the middle, due south of center centrist. Obama was the first Democrat I voted for; Sarah Palin pushed me off of the fence. I still seek out centrist people because I like to consider diverse opinions. 
    I'm confused by the use of terminology above. Liberals aren't centrists. I'm not a liberal -- I'm a civil libertarian.
    In reality, there are a whole bunch of people who are part of a pro *democracy* (not Democrat -- democracy) movement who are trying to preserve small-d democratic norms and prevent an authoritarian takeover of our country. That movement encompasses everyone from AOC to Liz Cheney, and I defy anyone to call Liz Cheney a liberal to her face.
    There is one issue at stake this election, and it's not taxes, or inflation, or the price of gasoline, or drag queen story hour. Do you want to continue to live in a free country? Yes or no? That's the only question.
    If we stabilize things, we can get back to arguing about tax policy or federal regulations or whatever. I hope that happens.
    And, objectively, an empty chair is better than T---p. I can get in my car right now, drive to Target, and grab the first person I see and they will be better than T---p. The former president is manifestly unfit, as a human, to do anything: I wouldn't hire him to park cars let alone to sit on a corporate board or be POTUS. That has nothing to do with his policies -- he has no policies per se, beyond "what's in it for me?" He's a malignant narcissist and a sociopath who has defrauded people, cheated on his taxes, sexually assaulted women, cheated on his wives, tried to extort other countries, praised murderous tyrants, mocked our military, mishandled a pandemic leading to thousands of excess deaths, lacks empathy, intelligence, and curiosity, is profoundly vain, ignorant, and lazy.  He makes me miss George W Bush and want to come up with a list of nice things to say about W. His own Cabinet members referred to him as a "f---ing moron" and "not so much a person as a collection of terrible traits."
    You want to talk small government, lower taxes, fiscal restraint, tough stances against Russia? I'm all ears. Want to hear me say nice things about Republicans? Okay: Mitt Romney was right about Russia! I don't believe for a minute that W is a racist and I think he believed he was doing the right thing in Iraq (even though I vociferously disagree with that decision!). I admire Liz Cheney's courage and devotion to protecting the Constitution!
    This isn't about politics. It's about keeping one person from ending our 248 year experiment.

All those who seek to destroy the liberties of a democratic nation ought to know that war is the surest and shortest means to accomplish it.
    teskeinc said:
    tbergs said:
    teskeinc said:
    mickeyrat said:
    teskeinc said:
    CM189191 said:
    teskeinc said:
    CM189191 said:
    teskeinc said:
    pjl44 said:

did she call the speaker of the house and tell him to prevent the comprehensive immigration bill from coming to the floor?

no. that was trump. he wanted the immigration issue to run on. you might want to look at who you are blaming the border "crisis" on. 
    yeah and Lankford was fucking pissed...he was probably the most vocal republican about that bill.

teskeinc said:
    tbergs said:
    teskeinc said:
    mickeyrat said:
    teskeinc said:
    CM189191 said:
    teskeinc said:
    CM189191 said:
    teskeinc said:
    pjl44 said:

yeah and Lankford was fucking pissed...he was probably the most vocal republican about that bill.
    surprised trump didn't call lankford names and have him run out of the party by now.

edited July 22
    teskeinc said:
    tbergs said:
    teskeinc said:
    mickeyrat said:
    teskeinc said:
    CM189191 said:
    teskeinc said:
    CM189191 said:
    teskeinc said:
    pjl44 said:

surprised trump didn't call lankford names and have him run out of the party by now.
    Donald is about revenge, retaliation.  He needs every last republican vote he can get right now.  If he wins, well we all know what’s next.  
    teskeinc said:
    tbergs said:
    teskeinc said:
    mickeyrat said:
    teskeinc said:
    CM189191 said:
    teskeinc said:
    CM189191 said:
    teskeinc said:
    pjl44 said:

Donald is about revenge, retaliation.  He needs every last republican vote he can get right now.  If he wins, well we all know what’s next.  
    another night of the long knives? figuratively speaking, of course.

• darwinstheorydarwinstheory Posts: 6,324
    Kamala Harris
    seanwon said:
    teskeinc said:
    mrussel1 said:

I'm a centrist -- like, right down the middle, due south of center centrist. Obama was the first Democrat I voted for; Sarah Palin pushed me off of the fence. I still seek out centrist people because I like to consider diverse opinions. 
    I'm confused by the use of terminology above. Liberals aren't centrists. I'm not a liberal -- I'm a civil libertarian.
    In reality, there are a whole bunch of people who are part of a pro *democracy* (not Democrat -- democracy) movement who are trying to preserve small-d democratic norms and prevent an authoritarian takeover of our country. That movement encompasses everyone from AOC to Liz Cheney, and I defy anyone to call Liz Cheney a liberal to her face.
    There is one issue at stake this election, and it's not taxes, or inflation, or the price of gasoline, or drag queen story hour. Do you want to continue to live in a free country? Yes or no? That's the only question.
    If we stabilize things, we can get back to arguing about tax policy or federal regulations or whatever. I hope that happens.
    And, objectively, an empty chair is better than T---p. I can get in my car right now, drive to Target, and grab the first person I see and they will be better than T---p. The former president is manifestly unfit, as a human, to do anything: I wouldn't hire him to park cars let alone to sit on a corporate board or be POTUS. That has nothing to do with his policies -- he has no policies per se, beyond "what's in it for me?" He's a malignant narcissist and a sociopath who has defrauded people, cheated on his taxes, sexually assaulted women, cheated on his wives, tried to extort other countries, praised murderous tyrants, mocked our military, mishandled a pandemic leading to thousands of excess deaths, lacks empathy, intelligence, and curiosity, is profoundly vain, ignorant, and lazy.  He makes me miss George W Bush and want to come up with a list of nice things to say about W. His own Cabinet members referred to him as a "f---ing moron" and "not so much a person as a collection of terrible traits."
    You want to talk small government, lower taxes, fiscal restraint, tough stances against Russia? I'm all ears. Want to hear me say nice things about Republicans? Okay: Mitt Romney was right about Russia! I don't believe for a minute that W is a racist and I think he believed he was doing the right thing in Iraq (even though I vociferously disagree with that decision!). I admire Liz Cheney's courage and devotion to protecting the Constitution!
    This isn't about politics. It's about keeping one person from ending our 248 year experiment.

YES!!!! You win AMT post of the day!
    "A smart monkey doesn't monkey around with another monkey's monkey" - Darwin's Theory
    edited July 22
    seanwon said:
    teskeinc said:
    mrussel1 said:

I was talking to teske...are you also teske? I was basing that off of other things he said...not trying to suggest that you shouldn't comment.
    Post edited by Gern Blansten on

• teskeincteskeinc Posts: 1,668
    Other
    Zoinks! We’ve been had! Now if you can figure out my Dem and lefty liberal handles you’ll be the greatest sleuth of all time. 😂😂😂
  • brianluxbrianlux Posts: 41,786
    Joe Biden
    Pretty sure the question posed here has all but been answered.  Harris has over 1,150 delegates committed to her and six key democratic governors have endorsed her. 
    And the mood is shifting from questionable to energized and more optimistic.  Good!

“The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• pjl44pjl44 Posts: 9,264
    Josh Shapiro
    mrussel1 said:
    seanwon said:
    teskeinc said:
    mrussel1 said:

agreed.

people that are voting for trump are voting for trump. end of story. they are ungettable, so democrats should stop trying to sway them to their side. it isn't going to work.

the people the dems need to engage are swing voters and reasonable people, and confused/dismayed republicans. those are the only gettable votes outside of the dem base. 
    To this point I would add I think Dems really need to focus on making the positive case for Harris and not just keep shit talking Trump. His favorables are well underwater. The problem is hers are too but I think she's in a much better position to reframe/reintroduce herself as a candidate.
    edited July 23
    Joe Biden
    pjl44 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    seanwon said:
    teskeinc said:
    mrussel1 said:

agreed.

To this point I would add I think Dems really need to focus on making the positive case for Harris and not just keep shit talking Trump. His favorables are well underwater. The problem is hers are too but I think she's in a much better position to reframe/reintroduce herself as a candidate.

It would be refreshing to have a campaign where the focus is on the candidates strength more than all the bashing of the other candidate.  good point, excellent thought, pjl!
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”

• The JugglerThe Juggler Posts: 48,709
    Joe Biden
    seanwon said:
    teskeinc said:
    mrussel1 said:

PREACH.
    www.myspace.com
    Joe Biden
    seanwon said:
    teskeinc said:
    mrussel1 said:

Post of the day!
     Week!
    Month!
    Hell, I've give ya the whole year!  Magnificent!  Mwwwwwwah!

• darwinstheorydarwinstheory Posts: 6,324
    Kamala Harris
    brianlux said:
    seanwon said:
    teskeinc said:
    mrussel1 said:

Post of the day!
     Week!
    Month!
    I approve this message. 
    "A smart monkey doesn't monkey around with another monkey's monkey" - Darwin's Theory
    pjl44 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    seanwon said:
    teskeinc said:
    mrussel1 said:

agreed.

to this point i believe the gop should tell trump to tone down the violent and hateful rhetoric. he needs to be an adult for once and conduct himself like an adult and like a serious player on the world stage. dems cannot let it go unchecked or they will be called weak by trump.

i think the dems actually know what they are doing with regard to their new strategy. 

anybody that is positive on trump is a waste of time for democrats. they will not get those people.

Joe Biden
    pjl44 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    seanwon said:
    teskeinc said:
    mrussel1 said:

agreed.

to this point i believe the gop should tell trump to tone down the violent and hateful rhetoric. he needs to be an adult for once and conduct himself like an adult and like a serious player on the world stage. dems cannot let it go unchecked or they will be called weak by trump.

i think the dems actually know what they are doing with regard to their new strategy. 

anybody that is positive on trump is a waste of time for democrats. they will not get those people.

More great discussion and comments.  Y'all are knockin' it out of the park.  Awesome!

Josh Shapiro
    pjl44 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    seanwon said:
    teskeinc said:
    mrussel1 said:

agreed.

I agree with your last point entirely but based on everything that comes before it I am skeptical that Democrats know what they're doing but hope to be proven wrong 
    Josh Shapiro
    I was really hoping things would get smart but I'm pessimistic that we're careening toward stupid

• curmudgeonesscurmudgeoness Posts: 3,987
    Kamala Harris
    brianlux said:

Post of the day!
     Week!
    Month!

Aww, thanks, guys.
    I am motivated by a deep love of our Constitution and gratitude for the rights I have. I feel that the power our nation has comes with responsibility. I worry about what will happen, not only to people in the US, but to people in Ukraine, Moldova, the Baltics, Poland, and Taiwan if T---p is re-elected. And I think we ought to care about what happens to other humans. Everything else pales in comparison to "life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness."

All those who seek to destroy the liberties of a democratic nation ought to know that war is the surest and shortest means to accomplish it.