Ohanafest - Who Will Replace Uncle Neil?

1101112131416»

Comments

• SpagsSpags Posts: 3,017
    If Pearl Jam come out and play Money For Nothing with him all will be forgiven!
    Nature drunk and High
  • EMiznerEMizner Posts: 111
    Spags said:
    If Pearl Jam come out and play Money For Nothing with him all will be forgiven!
    The Dire Straits song? “I want my MTV” covered by the band that refused to make videos forever? That would be pretty sweet
    Pearl Jam
    Minneapolis, MN - June 30, 1998
    St. Paul, MN - June 16, 2003
    PJ20 - Alpine Valley - East Troy, WI - September 3, 2011
    PJ20 - Alpine Valley - East Troy, WI - September 4, 2011
    St. Paul, MN - August 31, 2023
    St. Paul, MN - September 2, 2023
    Austin, TX - September 18, 2023
    Austin, TX - September 19, 2023
    Las Vegas, NV - May 16, 2024
    Las Vegas, NV - May 18, 2024

Eddie Vedder
    Las Vegas, NV - October 7, 2022
    Innings Festival - Tempe, AZ - February 26, 2023
    Ohana Festival - Dana Point, CA - September 30, 2023
  • kmcmanuskmcmanus Posts: 722
    igotid88 said:
    How is Sting not a true headliner? People here were throwing out names that you wouldn't be able to see their font on some festivals
    Most festivals would put “Sting” in bigger letters than “Pearl Jam”. 
  • igotid88igotid88 Posts: 27,757
    kmcmanus said:
    igotid88 said:
    How is Sting not a true headliner? People here were throwing out names that you wouldn't be able to see their font on some festivals
    Most festivals would put “Sting” in bigger letters than “Pearl Jam”. 
    They'll both be the same size. Unless this was 1992
    I miss igotid88
  • iOnlyownMymindiOnlyownMymind Posts: 2,724
    AndySlash said:
    Can’t say I’m excited but hopefully will be pleasantly surprised. I don’t really know any of his catalog. 
    i bet you know more than you think you do.
    Oh I know some of the major ones like Message in a bottle and Roxanne…neither of which I’ve ever felt like I’d be missing out if I didn’t hear live. Saturday will be mostly listening to music I’m not too familiar with which is a little tough considering the ticket prices. Maybe I’ll leave being a fan of some of them.  Just wish it was Jack White as the replacement so trying to be positive.
  • Gern BlanstenGern Blansten Posts: 19,424
    not going to lie...Saturday is a little off now. I'm ok with Sting being the replacement but Turnpike Troubadours are right before him and they are country. Might be a day where we show up late.
    Remember the Thomas Nine !! (10/02/2018)

1998: Noblesville; 2003: Noblesville; 2009: EV Nashville, Chicago, Chicago
    2010: St Louis, Columbus, Noblesville; 2011: EV Chicago, East Troy, East Troy
    2013: London ON, Wrigley; 2014: Cincy, St Louis, Moline (NO CODE)
    2016: Lexington, Wrigley #1; 2018: Wrigley, Wrigley, Boston, Boston
    2020: Oakland, Oakland:  2021: EV Ohana, Ohana, Ohana, Ohana
    2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
    2024: Noblesville, Wrigley, Wrigley, Ohana, Ohana
  • SpagsSpags Posts: 3,017
    Saturday is defo gonna be a chill out day for me. I want to see Goldie Boutilier, Glen Hansard and Black Pumas but not overly fussed about the rest. 
    Nature drunk and High
  • PhilLeotardoPhilLeotardo Posts: 124
    Spags said:
    Saturday is defo gonna be a chill out day for me. I want to see Goldie Boutilier, Glen Hansard and Black Pumas but not overly fussed about the rest. 
    Jenny Lewis is fun live but, yeah, if this was the original lineup I would have treated this as a listen from the beach day.
  • PapPap Posts: 28,749
    Athens 2006 / Milton Keynes 2014 / London 1&2 2022 / Seattle 1&2 2024 / Dublin 2024 / Manchester 2024
  • Spiritual_ChaosSpiritual_Chaos Posts: 30,076
    … Sting …
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • GR42159GR42159 Posts: 41
    … Stang …
  • GR42159GR42159 Posts: 41
    … Stung …
  • andrew68andrew68 Posts: 1,803
    Saw him the night before PJ in Austin last tour...unfortunately, on stage he's half the man he used to be, ...a choreographed 'set' akin to a cruise ship crooner, no energy, going through the motions. Being a huge POLICE fan growing up it was a bit sad.  He was in good voice however. 
    Any new realizations... would have to wait...
    Til he had more time,... more time...
    Time to dream,... to himself... he waves goodbye,
    To himself... I'll see you on the other side...
  • igotid88igotid88 Posts: 27,757
    andrew68 said:
    Saw him the night before PJ in Austin last tour...unfortunately, on stage he's half the man he used to be, ...a choreographed 'set' akin to a cruise ship crooner, no energy, going through the motions. Being a huge POLICE fan growing up it was a bit sad.  He was in good voice however. 
    Maybe that's why he's able to do so many shows
    I miss igotid88
  • apkirklandapkirkland Big Sky Country Posts: 240
    I went from wanting to hear Harvest Moon on the beach to Walking on the Moon on the beach. I was definitely there for NY but I'm ok with Sting as a replacement (although my vote was for Jason Isbell.) Either way, gonna be a great weekend at my favorite festival!