Options

London cancelled

Comments

• Options
    RyanRyan Posts: 1,049
    JackD. said:
    seanclax said:
    I don't know if any of you guys follow any other bands as passionately as we  all do for pearl jam but when does it get to a point where they just cancel to many gigs.
    Like it's literally not even surprising anymore. Surely the band must know this and they can't be proud of it. 
    This. I follow and tour a lot of other bands. RHCP, QOTSA and TOOL most recently. Not a gig cancelled, not even close. Didn‘t worry at all for my several dozen shows over the last years. As with PJ? I fear commitments. Wouldn’t book any non-refundable.
    You might want to double check that.  RHCP had to postpone a Scotland show in 2022 and an LA show Dec 2023.
    QOTSA cancelled a show on thei Canadian tour in April this year.
    2003 - June 15 Fargo
    2005 - Sept 1 George, Sept 8 Winnipeg
    2006 - May 9/10 Toronto, June 26/27 St. Paul, July 22/23 George, Oct 21/22 Mountain View
    2007 - Aug 2/5 Chicago
    2008 - June 22 Washington, June 24/25 New York
    2009 - Aug 21 Toronto, Aug 23/24 Chicago, Sept 21/22 Seattle, Oct 27/28/30/31 Philadelphia
    2010 - May 15 Hartford, May 17 Boston, Oct 23/24 Mountain View
    2011 - Sept 3/4 Alpine Valley, Sept 11/12 Toronto, Sept 17 Winnipeg, Sept 19 Saskatoon
    2012 - Sept 30 Missoula
    2013 - July 16 London, July 19 Chicago, Oct 12 Buffalo, Dec 2 Calgary, Dec 4 Vancouver, Dec 6 Seattle
    2014 - Oct 16 Detroit, Oct 19 St. Paul, Oct 20 Milwaukee
    2015 - Sept 23 (Colbert)/Sept 26, New York
    2016 - Apr 28/29 Philadelphia, May 10/12 Toronto, Aug 20/22 Chicago
  • Options
    Lerxst1992Lerxst1992 Posts: 6,252
    I hope this ends their desire to play the sphere in vegas.

They have way too many cancellations of shows to expect fans to pay hundreds of dollars flying into a desert  and getting hotel rooms.
  • Options
    BrainofBGABrainofBGA Australia Posts: 4,039
    mr bungle said:
    That greatest hits show in Dublin doesn't seem so bad now.
    Best comment on this thread!!
    I mentioned something similar in one of the other threads. Let’s be thankful for the show and songs we get without whingeing about the ones we do. Any set is better than a cancelled one. 
    Melbourne #1 '98
    Melbourne #2 '03
    Melbourne #3 '03
    Melbourne #1 '06
    Melbourne #3 '06
    Melbourne '09
    Melbourne '14
  • Options
    pjl44pjl44 Posts: 8,490
    seanclax said:
    I don't know if any of you guys follow any other bands as passionately as we  all do for pearl jam but when does it get to a point where they just cancel to many gigs.
    Like it's literally not even surprising anymore. Surely the band must know this and they can't be proud of it. 
    We have a ways to go before we're in Morrissey territory 
  • Options
    gotthebottlegotthebottle San Diego Posts: 2,535

They have way too many cancellations of shows to expect fans to pay hundreds of dollars flying into a desert  and getting hotel rooms.
    Vegas cheap for us in So Cal.. I'll take it. 
  • Options
    benlw86benlw86 Posts: 47
    Guys I once went to see Van Morrison. He turned up an hour late, was clearly absolutely smashed, played 3 songs and left and blamed a bad leg. I think it happened 50% of the time in that period. This is one of the all time greats, he was a disaster.
  • Options
    given2fly23given2fly23 Evanston, IL Posts: 5,898

I think The Sphere makes more sense than ever. A controlled environment may be what EV needs. 
    Found: Soundgarden Hyde Park DVD (Thank you for the gift!)
    Posters for Sale: http://community.pearljam.com/discussion/117469/posters-for-sale
    T-Shirts for Sale: http://community.pearljam.com/discussion/149289/pj-t-shirt-trade-or-sale
  • Options
    F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,816

Why would Vegas be any different than London for this old band?
    People pay hundreds to fly and stay at all sorts of destinations.  We know many here likely spent thousands to go to Europe for shows.

It does suck but I'm just not sure how the desert destination makes it different for Pearl Jam.

(I understand environmental position.)
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • Options
    D-DayD-Day Far From Home Posts: 127
    Bram89 said:
    So we'll be in London tomorrow night. Any recommendations on a pub as an alternative to the show or do fans go out somewhere? Our hotel is near Liverpool Street station (city-shoreditch), given the direct train to the stadium.
    https://community.pearljam.com/discussion/303329/london-calling#latest

• Options
    Patrick_Sea3Patrick_Sea3 West Seattle Posts: 894
    edited June 29
    Post Covid there is always going to be a risk, traveling to see a band. Maybe people should plan their vacation, and seeing a band is a bonus, so if the show is canceled all isn’t lost. There are still great things to do when on vacation, local culture, food, drinks, museums, record stores, etc.
  • Options
    kmcmanuskmcmanus Posts: 683
    edited June 29
    JackD. said:
    seanclax said:
    This. I follow and tour a lot of other bands. RHCP, QOTSA and TOOL most recently. Not a gig cancelled, not even close. Didn‘t worry at all for my several dozen shows over the last years. As with PJ? I fear commitments. Wouldn’t book any non-refundable.
    Springsteen, Stones, GnR, Aerosmith, Band of Horses, Jane’s, Uncle Neil, I can think of a ton of bands with cancellation issues in this timeframe. The 3 you picked not being impacted makes them look like the outliers to me. 
  • Options
    RatherStarvedRatherStarved Posts: 4,520

I think The Sphere makes more sense than ever. A controlled environment may be what EV needs. 
    Desert air didn’t agree with him too well.

Also, the Sphere is a cool engineering marvel, but it wasn’t that great a concert venue IMO. I’ll take the Kia Forum or similar for PJ.  
    PJ: 2013: London (ON); Buffalo; 2014: Cincinnati; 2016: Sunrise, Miami, Toronto 1-2, Wrigley 2; 2018: London (UK) 1, Milan, Padova, Sea 2, Wrigley 1-2, Fenway 1-2; 2021: SHN, Ohana, Ohana Encore 1-2; 2022: LA 1-2, Phx, Oak 1-2, Fresno, Copenhagen, Hyde Park 1-2; Quebec, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto; MSG, Camden, Nashville, Louisville, St. Louis, OKC; 2023: St. Paul 1-2, Chicago 1-2; Fort Worth 2; Austin 1-2

EV Solo: 2017 Louisville and Franklin, 2018 Ohana, 2019 Innings Fest, Berlin, Düsseldorf, Dublin and Ohana; 2021 Ohana Friday (from beach) and Saturday; 2022 Earthlings Newark; 2023 Innings Fest and Benoraya 1-2.

Gutted:  London 2 2018, Sacramento 2022, Noblesville 2023
  • Options
    deb1211deb1211 Posts: 1,312
     Stone left to go hiking to get away from Vegas while they were there..he even said in an interview something like great thing about Vegas is leaving
  • Options
    Smsmartins18Smsmartins18 Posts: 23
    Waking up today in London, coming to grips with the show being cancelled.

However, I still am very very salty for the merch sales. Just gross to me.
  • Options
    reismannreismann Posts: 35
    Post Covid there is always going to be a risk, traveling to see a band. Maybe people should plan their vacation, and seeing a band is a bonus, so if the show is canceled all isn’t lost. There are still great things to do when on vacation, local culture, food, drinks, museums, record stores, etc.
    I do this what you mentioned. Everytime when I am flying over the pond to the USA it makes only sense holidays + concert. You have to have a show cancellation  on your list.
  • Options
    seanclaxseanclax Posts: 411

Woke up in a shitty mood.
    Heading to Berlin with very little hope of seeing a show.
    I am confident about barcelona though
  • Options
    given2fly23given2fly23 Evanston, IL Posts: 5,898

Desert air didn’t agree with him too well.

Also, the Sphere is a cool engineering marvel, but it wasn’t that great a concert venue IMO. I’ll take the Kia Forum or similar for PJ.  
    I haven’t gotten to listen to the Vegas shows yet (currently on Vancouver 2). Did he struggle in Vegas?

I thought the views and sound at The Sphere were amazing. It felt like I was watching U2 in virtual reality. If PJ did a residency there I would hit as many as I could. The setlist variety may be tough though due to the screen. 
    Found: Soundgarden Hyde Park DVD (Thank you for the gift!)
    Posters for Sale: http://community.pearljam.com/discussion/117469/posters-for-sale
    T-Shirts for Sale: http://community.pearljam.com/discussion/149289/pj-t-shirt-trade-or-sale
  • Options
    js261067js261067 Posts: 146
    This is how it feels today

I got 4 posters before the announcement for a gig that will NEVER happen. I’m a massive Spurs fan so this was my dream gig. They alienated fans with the pricing so don’t sell it out which in turn makes it uneconomical to reschedule 

The naive fan in me thinks the band would care and find a way to do something for 10c members in London before they leave Europe. But they won’t. 
    Feel very empty today. 
  • Options
    seanclax said:

Woke up in a shitty mood.
    Heading to Berlin with very little hope of seeing a show.
    I am confident about barcelona though
    Doing the same. Nervous as all hell. 
  • Options
    js261067 said:

I got 4 posters before the announcement for a gig that will NEVER happen. I’m a massive Spurs fan so this was my dream gig. They alienated fans with the pricing so don’t sell it out which in turn makes it uneconomical to reschedule 

The naive fan in me thinks the band would care and find a way to do something for 10c members in London before they leave Europe. But they won’t. 
    Feel very empty today. 
    Same boat.  Massive spurs fan.  And it’s shitty too there because the stadium tours were closed for the week for the 2 concerts.  At least I did the skywalk
  • Options
    edited June 29
    js261067 said:

Feel very empty today. 
    Same boat.  Massive spurs fan.  And it’s shitty too there because the stadium tours were closed for the week for the 2 concerts.  At least I did the skywalk
    COYS COYS COYS

Post edited by js261067 on
  • Options
    dbk06dbk06 Posts: 64
    Just got this minutes ago from Tiicketmaster lol
  • Options
    js261067 said:
    js261067 said:

Feel very empty today. 
    COYS COYS COYS

Ha!  I have the same exact one but says vedder on the back lol
  • Options
    js261067 said:
    js261067 said:

Feel very empty today. 
    COYS COYS COYS

Ha!  I have the same exact one but says vedder on the back lol
    Feels so Spursy. lol 🤦🏼‍♂️
  • Options
    edited June 29
    js261067 said
    As spurs fans we shouldn’t use that adjective for our own team.  And the concert lol
  • Options
    js261067 said
    As spurs fans we shouldn’t use that adjective for our own team.  And the concert lol
    😂. It’s our word. We should own it. Lol

man what a crappy day. Glad I found another fan for whom it mean that bit more. I’d was planning to drink enough to let out a massive ‘Y*D ARMY’ to see if I got a response 😂😂
  • Options
    lastexitlondonlastexitlondon Posts: 12,806
    Funny I was going to start a we hate Tottenham we hate Tottenham chant. 
    They are the most spursy shirts. For sure
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

this song is meant to be called i got shit,itshould be called i got shit tickets-hartford 06 -
  • Options
    Funny I was going to start a we hate Tottenham we hate Tottenham chant. 
    They are the most spursy shirts. For sure
    It’s a given a ‘stand up if you hate Tottenham’ chant would have started regardless. Rent free. 😂
  • Options
    lastexitlondonlastexitlondon Posts: 12,806
    As far as your word. 
    Really it's how everyone explains your unique attitude and way of doing obviously lame things. Lots of love your local Arsenal fan
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

this song is meant to be called i got shit,itshould be called i got shit tickets-hartford 06 -
  • Options
    As far as your word. 
    Really it's how everyone explains your unique attitude and way of doing obviously lame things. Lots of love your local Arsenal fan