Options

London cancelled

Comments

• Options
    Spiritual_ChaosSpiritual_Chaos Posts: 29,645
    edited June 28
    Kwieneke said:
    Also, are they still selling the merch?  I was in line there and bought it with tons of other folks while this announcement was dropping 
    Yes they are today but not tomorrow, could have given everyone in the queue an event shirt for free
    They'll never give out free merch.  Pearl Jam is as much of a corporate cash machine at this point as any other big band out there.  Those shirts and posters will be future Mystery box filler.
    definitely. i assume there will be TONS left since they are not selling tomorrow 
    I can tell you for sure there were TONS of visible pallets full of stuff that were in a different room. I went through and out by 1230, still a line after the announcement was made but I’d assume it would completely stop after
    Selling stuff with the knowledge of it being cancelled is what they did in Prague last tour. 

I think that is completely different from selling merch when YOU know you might cancel but the people you are selling to believe they are buying merch for a concert they are about to attend. 
    Post edited by Spiritual_Chaos on
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • Options
    darwinstheorydarwinstheory LaPorte, IN Posts: 5,937
    Kwieneke said:
    Also, are they still selling the merch?  I was in line there and bought it with tons of other folks while this announcement was dropping 
    Yes they are today but not tomorrow, could have given everyone in the queue an event shirt for free
    They'll never give out free merch.  Pearl Jam is as much of a corporate cash machine at this point as any other big band out there.  Those shirts and posters will be future Mystery box filler.
    definitely. i assume there will be TONS left since they are not selling tomorrow 
    I can tell you for sure there were TONS of visible pallets full of stuff that were in a different room. I went through and out by 1230, still a line after the announcement was made but I’d assume it would completely stop after
    Selling stuff with the knowledge of it being cancelled is what they did in Prague last tour. 

I think that is completely different from selling merch when YOU know you might cancel but the people you are selling too believe they are buying merch for a concert they are about to attend. 
    I've never agreed with you more, Spiritual. 
    "A smart monkey doesn't monkey around with another monkey's monkey" - Darwin's Theory
  • Options
    jcmitchell28jcmitchell28 Fort Worth Posts: 217
    I got the merch including all 4 prints about 30 minutes before the cancelation. I’m still glad I got what I did and I support these artists. Not their fault it was canceled and they put a lot of work into these. 

Going to see Green Day at Wembley now. Not the same but not bad either. 
  • Options
    pdalowskypdalowsky Doncaster,UK Posts: 14,964
    Kwieneke said:

I think that is completely different from selling merch when YOU know you might cancel but the people you are selling to believe they are buying merch for a concert they are about to attend. 
    and London 
  • Options
    bigbadwalksbigbadwalks Hull, UK Posts: 9
    I’m gutted but glad I got to see them on Tuesday. Would it be crazy to go to one of the EU shows now? 🤔 
  • Options
    Force Of NatureForce Of Nature Hertfordshire, England Posts: 1,022
    I got the merch including all 4 prints about 30 minutes before the cancelation. I’m still glad I got what I did and I support these artists. Not their fault it was canceled and they put a lot of work into these. 

Wow, that’s some positive attitude you have.
    I’d be furious spending £120 on posters for shows that don’t even happen and asking for a refund in that.
  • Options

Wow, that’s some positive attitude you have.
    I’d be furious spending £120 on posters for shows that don’t even happen and asking for a refund in that.
    Completely out of my control and it’s always a risk. Suffered through cancelation in Argentina in 2018, so not my first rodeo. I’m still in London until Sunday. Lots to do and see. 
  • Options
    pjl44pjl44 Posts: 8,504
    It looks like Nick Mason is at Royal Albert Hall tomorrow night. That would easily be my Plan B. Hell, that may have been Plan A regardless.
  • Options
    cincybearcatcincybearcat Posts: 16,198
    I feel for all affected by this. We know the band doesn’t want to cancel.

And fans shelling out $ for what they thought were going to be terrific trips…it sucks.

They cancelled Indy on me, but thankfully that is the concert I was just driving to. After the last couple of tours I started to be concerned about the possibility of cancelations. Still went to Vegas 2 (and Ed was having issues but I still thought they sounded great…but it brought my concerns back up). Have a Indy later (I feel it’s as safe as it gets since only a drive, only 2nd show of tour and 3 days between 1st show and it).  Then I have a trip planned to NYC for back to back shows (concern) and after 2 nights at Wrigley (adds to the concern). 

I think it fair that we have all the data now to know exactly the risk we are getting ourselves into traveling for the band. It’s strange cause I want to hit as many as I can since they are on the backside of their career…but concerned about spending the $ when cancellations could occur. 

Anyhow - sorry for the people this affects. Hope y’all can make the best of it. 
    hippiemom = goodness
  • Options
    Hankj25Hankj25 Posts: 309
    Three hours in line to buy Indy merch, right at the trailer when the tweet hit about the cancelation.  Still bought some merch, but was more in a state of disbelief…I’ve never worn any of it and the poster is still in the tube.  

I wasn’t mad they were selling merch.  My guess is they protocol is they try like hell to drug up the sick band member so they can perform, but obviously sometimes it isn’t enough.  The guys in the band are not sinister and they aren’t waiting as long as they can to squeeze a few $$ out of fans.  Not everything in the world is diabolical, despite what some of our leaders try to tell us.

The Indy debacle last year ended my desire to ever fly for a concert again. Just too much time, money and energy (for any band).  It just freaking sucks, and I really feel for those of you dealing with the feeling again.  Let’s just hope it is a blip, and we’re back to arguing about Even Flow being played again in a few days.
    Seattle 8-8-18
    Chicago 8-18-18
    Chicago 8-20-18
    St. Louis 4-4-20
    Denver 4-9-20

Denver 9-22-22
    Noblesville 9-10-23
    Vancouver 5-6-24
    Seattle 5-30-24
    Noblesville 8-26-24

EV
    Chicago 2-9-22
    Tempe 2-26-23
  • Options
    ChazzChazz Somerset, UK Posts: 1,133
    I’ve luckily been able to change my hotel and train bookings, (seeing Kings of Leon at BST on Sunday).  I hope that those of you that are in London already  or can’t change your travel plans still have a great time doing something else. 

I’m happy now that I also went to Manchester.  I did have tickets to the London 18 shows and was there when the second show was cancelled, but at least then we had a rescheduled show.  Hope Ed gets better soon in time for the rest of the tour. 
    Dublin, Reading 06
    London, Copenhagen 07
    MSG 08
    SBE, Manchester, London 09
    Dublin, Belfast, London 10
    Manchester, Berlin 12
    Amsterdam, Milton Keynes 14
    London 18
    London 22
  • Options

Those purchases will unfortunately not support those artists. They make their money on their AP sales, which I expect may be a little tough going. 
  • Options
    LiftedLifted Posts: 1,750
    Liam Gallagher is definitely the show to see. Really wish he would schedule some US dates. 
  • Options
    nadialapanadialapa Posts: 12
    Scheduling commitments is a tough excuse to swallow when 30,000 people scheduled their time to be at your show.  
    yeah good point
  • Options
    Weston1283Weston1283 Fredericksburg, VA Posts: 4,679
    nadialapa said:
    Scheduling commitments is a tough excuse to swallow when 30,000 people scheduled their time to be at your show.  
    yeah good point
    Must mean that the Sphere dates are locked and loaded for next year
    2010: Cleveland
    2012: Atlanta
    2013: London ONT / Wrigley Field / Pittsburgh / Buffalo / San Diego / Los Angeles I / Los Angeles II
    2014: Cincinnati / St. Louis / Tulsa / Lincoln / Detroit / Denver
    2015: New York City
    2016: Ft. Lauderdale / Miami / Jacksonville / Greenville / Hampton / Columbia / Lexington / Philly II / New York City II / Toronto II / Bonnaroo / Telluride / Fenway I / Wrigley I / Wrigley - II / TOTD - Philadelphia, San Francisco
    2017: Ohana Fest (EV)
    2018: Amsterdam I / Amsterdam II / Seattle I / Seattle II / Boston I / Boston II
    2021: Asbury Park / Ohana Encore 1 / Ohana Encore 2
    2022: Phoenix / LA I / LA II / Quebec City / Ottawa / New York City / Camden / Nashville / St. Louis / Denver
    2023: St. Paul II
    2024: Las Vegas I / Las Vegas II / New York City I / New York City II / Philly I / Philly II / Baltimore
  • Options
    nadialapanadialapa Posts: 12
    ilockyer said:
    It may be venue rather than band scheduling issues...

They are playing a football stadium. The first game of the new season is 3 August. The club will want at least 4 weeks clear to get the pitch prepared. 

Other venues would be a logistical nightmare as they'd have to cancel all tickets and work out equivalents somewhere else, then deal with all the complaints about that. 
    it wouldnt even need to be an equivalent venue, as it wasn't sold out (so, it can be a smaller place) and everyone and their cousin complained about it being in the stadium.

• Options
    marumarukomarumaruko Frankfurt / Calgary Posts: 204
    pdalowsky said:

Those purchases will unfortunately not support those artists. They make their money on their AP sales, which I expect may be a little tough going. 
    Honestly, at this point I would remove the mentioning of the Pearl Jam show and try to sell remade APs. Probably more lucrative for them. 
    They can sell these re-made posters freely, as well. 
  • Options
    KwienekeKwieneke Indiana Posts: 1,366
    pdalowsky said:

Hopefully there can be something done on PJS side to make sure these artists are paid, especially if APs fall flat 
    Noblesville 5.7.2010. Lexington 4.26.2016. Nashville 9.16.2022. St Louis 9.18.2022.
    Chicago 1 9.5.2023. Chicago 2 9.7.2023. 
    *Noblesville 9.10.2023* (Gutted) 
  • Options
    ZoSoTimZoSoTim Posts: 758
    pdalowsky said:

Honestly, at this point I would remove the mentioning of the Pearl Jam show and try to sell remade APs. Probably more lucrative for them. 
    They can sell these re-made posters freely, as well. 
    I’ll still buy an Ames AP. Wasn’t likely to buy the other 3 even if the show happened. 
    Dallas, TX (November 15, 2013)
    Chicago 1 (August 20, 2016)
    Chicago 2 (August 22, 2016)
    Ft. Worth 1 (September 13, 2023)
    Ft. Worth 2 (September 15, 2023)
  • Options
    benlw86benlw86 Posts: 52
    Almost certainly will never see some of these DM songs I absolutely love..it feels unlikely they will feature heavily on future tours. How ridiculous/risky is it to fly to Madrid???
  • Options
    JojoRiceJojoRice Kennesaw, GA Posts: 4,090
    Sorry to all of you that are affected. Really sucks. Atleast London isn't a bad city to be stranded in. Hope yall can try to make the best of this. 
    "I got memories, I got shit"

ISO 2016 Greenville shirt. Size medium. PM me if you have one for sale/trade.
  • Options
    Weston1283Weston1283 Fredericksburg, VA Posts: 4,679
    Kwieneke said:
    pdalowsky said:

Hopefully there can be something done on PJS side to make sure these artists are paid, especially if APs fall flat 
    If the APs fall flat, thats on the artist and their design, especially for these 4 prints.  The brain toilet mouth poster is one of the worst concert posters I have ever seen.
    2010: Cleveland
    2012: Atlanta
    2013: London ONT / Wrigley Field / Pittsburgh / Buffalo / San Diego / Los Angeles I / Los Angeles II
    2014: Cincinnati / St. Louis / Tulsa / Lincoln / Detroit / Denver
    2015: New York City
    2016: Ft. Lauderdale / Miami / Jacksonville / Greenville / Hampton / Columbia / Lexington / Philly II / New York City II / Toronto II / Bonnaroo / Telluride / Fenway I / Wrigley I / Wrigley - II / TOTD - Philadelphia, San Francisco
    2017: Ohana Fest (EV)
    2018: Amsterdam I / Amsterdam II / Seattle I / Seattle II / Boston I / Boston II
    2021: Asbury Park / Ohana Encore 1 / Ohana Encore 2
    2022: Phoenix / LA I / LA II / Quebec City / Ottawa / New York City / Camden / Nashville / St. Louis / Denver
    2023: St. Paul II
    2024: Las Vegas I / Las Vegas II / New York City I / New York City II / Philly I / Philly II / Baltimore
  • Options
    lastexitlondonlastexitlondon Posts: 12,848
    Well caught covid in Manchester so I guess I don't have to worry anymore about what to do about a show tomorrow.
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

this song is meant to be called i got shit,itshould be called i got shit tickets-hartford 06 -
  • Options
    KwienekeKwieneke Indiana Posts: 1,366
    Kwieneke said:
    pdalowsky said:

If the APs fall flat, thats on the artist and their design, especially for these 4 prints.  The brain toilet mouth poster is one of the worst concert posters I have ever seen.
    i would agree but I wonder how many people want a poster for a concert that did not happen? I have my indy one from last year I will likely do nothing with (wasnt crazy about it anyways)
    Noblesville 5.7.2010. Lexington 4.26.2016. Nashville 9.16.2022. St Louis 9.18.2022.
    Chicago 1 9.5.2023. Chicago 2 9.7.2023. 
    *Noblesville 9.10.2023* (Gutted) 
  • Options
    HailHailVitalogyHailHailVitalogy Posts: 4,657
    Just looked at the O2 schedule thinking if they sold 30k tickets at Spurs, then they could fill 2 nights at the O2 without behind the stage….but man, that schedule is packed!
    2003: Uniondale, MSG x2 2004: Reading | 2005: Gorge, Vancouver, Philly | 2006: East Rutherford x2, Gorge x2, Camden 1, Hartford | 2008: MSG x2, VA Beach | 2009: Philly x3 | 2010: MSG x2, Bristow | 2011: Alpine Valley x2 | 2012: MIA Philly | 2013: Wrigley, Charlottesville, Brooklyn 2 | 2014: Milan, Amsterdam 1 | 2016: MSG x2, Fenway x2, Wrigley 2 | 2018: Rome, Krakow, Berlin | 2021: Sea Hear Now | 2022: San Diego, LA x2, MSG, Camden, Nashville, St. Louis, Denver | 2023: St. Paul 1, Chicago x2, Fort Worth x2, Austin 2
  • Options
    Kwieneke said:
    pdalowsky said:

would agree normally but there has to be very limited demand for a show that doesnt happen. 

I mean i wouldnt buy that brain one if it was signed by the band as well but thats a side issue
  • Options
    dwjmu84 said:
    Man. You have to wonder if this is the last tour. It just seems like the toll of being on the road is too great on Ed (as times). Hopefully he can rally and no more dates are missed, but it’s a very concerning development for the future. 

Sad day. 
    Although Ed was ill on Tuesday, the cancellation might be due to someone else in the band getting sick. This bug going around at the moment is pretty rotten.
  • Options
    MKSNYCMKSNYC NYC Posts: 327
    I had both nights for London in 2018 and the 2nd night was cancelled after Ed was so obviously sick and struggling night 1.  Glad we got 1 show of the two and had a great ad-hoc adventure then next day, but that made up my mind not to do extensive travel for a show anymore unless you are going for other reasons also.  Track record is not good these days for many bands, not just PJ.  Hopefully all is back in order for MSG 1&2.  Side note - me and the Mrs got back from London on June 10 - both got Covid from the trip.  
  • Options
    Kwieneke said:
    Kwieneke said:
    pdalowsky said:

i would agree but I wonder how many people want a poster for a concert that did not happen? I have my indy one from last year I will likely do nothing with (wasnt crazy about it anyways)
    I have a portfolio folder for a lot of the prints that aren’t my favs. It’s fun to flip through. They all have stories…even the ones for the canceled shows. 
  • Options
    RatherStarvedRatherStarved Posts: 4,530
    At least now @SHZA can co-headline with SZA.
    PJ: 2013: London (ON); Buffalo; 2014: Cincinnati; 2016: Sunrise, Miami, Toronto 1-2, Wrigley 2; 2018: London (UK) 1, Milan, Padova, Sea 2, Wrigley 1-2, Fenway 1-2; 2021: SHN, Ohana, Ohana Encore 1-2; 2022: LA 1-2, Phx, Oak 1-2, Fresno, Copenhagen, Hyde Park 1-2; Quebec, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto; MSG, Camden, Nashville, Louisville, St. Louis, OKC; 2023: St. Paul 1-2, Chicago 1-2; Fort Worth 2; Austin 1-2

EV Solo: 2017 Louisville and Franklin, 2018 Ohana, 2019 Innings Fest, Berlin, Düsseldorf, Dublin and Ohana; 2021 Ohana Friday (from beach) and Saturday; 2022 Earthlings Newark; 2023 Innings Fest and Benoraya 1-2.

Gutted:  London 2 2018, Sacramento 2022, Noblesville 2023