albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

this song is meant to be called i got shit,itshould be called i got shit tickets-hartford 06 -
  • vedpunkvedpunk Posts: 888
    Oh look a little gang . How cute
    Maybe take a few minutes to get some air outside your parent’s basement 
  • lastexitlondonlastexitlondon Posts: 13,488
    That's a good idea . Only that's not possible, as I live with my wife and kids. But anyhow say what you like as you do anyway. And expect others to do the same . It's not a hard concept 
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

this song is meant to be called i got shit,itshould be called i got shit tickets-hartford 06 -
  • Merkin BallerMerkin Baller Posts: 11,036
    I suppose one can take satisfaction in the thought that PJ will be going home w/ a load of unsold London soccer balls. 
  • marumarukomarumaruko Posts: 212
    edited June 28
    I suppose one can take satisfaction in the thought that PJ will be going home w/ a load of unsold London soccer balls. 
    Not a problem, the Americans will pay a $100 for them. 
    Post edited by marumaruko on
  • seanclaxseanclax Posts: 546
    I say that as someone currently packing bags for two uncertain Berlin shows :-/
    I havnt thought about packing yet. I was going to pack on Sunday after London tomorrow.
    I had the same feeling travelling to Amsterdam 2 years ago after the cancelled shows. And I only have tickets to night 1
    That's a good idea . Only that's not possible, as I live with my wife and kids. But anyhow say what you like as you do anyway. And expect others to do the same . It's not a hard concept 
    Do they let you out of the basement?
    Only if I'm a good boy. 
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

Only if I'm a good boy. 
    Thats fair
  • Spiritual_ChaosSpiritual_Chaos Posts: 30,080
    Occams resonable sense says that if there was a resonable risk the band wouldn’t play they should postpone selling merch untill they knew if the show was on or not
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • Merkin BallerMerkin Baller Posts: 11,036
    Merch bullshit aside, I’m very sorry for you folks (locals and travelers) to have this show canceled. It’s brutal. 
  • DL136722DL136722 Posts: 685
    edited June 28
    Certainly doesn't help playing a stadium show at the same time as the Glastonbury Music Festival which might explain the very poor ticket sales along with the outrageous cost for this show. One needs to ask, was this fully thought out? As for all this merch, they're just going to make it all available to buy through their site. We all love them but make no mistake about it, this is a business and it's not 1994-1995 taking on ticketmaster. 
    Post edited by DL136722 on
    Tweeter Center - Aug 29, 2000;Tweeter Center - Aug 30, 2000;Allstate Arena - Oct 09, 2000;Pepsi Arena - Apr 29, 2003;Bryce-Jordan Center - May 03, 2003;Bell Center - Jun 29, 2003;Tweeter Center - Jul 02, 2003;Tweeter Center - Jul 03, 2003;Tweeter Center - Jul 11, 2003;Tweeter Center at the Waterfront - Jul 05, 2003;Tweeter Center at the Waterfront - Jul 06, 2003;Madison Square Garden - Jul 08, 2003;Madison Square Garden - Jul 09, 2003;TD Banknorth Garden - May 24, 2006;TD Banknorth Garden - May 25, 2006;Fleet Center - Sept 28, 2004;Fleet Center - Sept 29, 2004;Pepsi Arena - May 12, 2006 New England Dodge Music Arena - May 13, 2006;Grant Park - Aug 05, 2007;Bonnaroo - Jun 14, 2008;Dodge Music Center - Jun 27, 2008;Tweeter Center - Jun 28, 2008;Tweeter Center - Jun 30, 2008 XL Arena - May 15, 2010;TD Garden - May 17, 2010;Alpine Valley Music Theatre - Sept 03, 2011;Alpine Valley Music Theatre - Sep 04, 2011 Corel Centre - Sep 16, 2005;Colisee Pepsi Arena - Sep 20, 2005; Wrigley Field - July 19, 2013; DCU Center - Oct 15, 2013; DCU Center - Oct 16, 2013; Fenway Park - August 5, 2016; Fenway Park - August 7, 2016

Oh Dude!
  • Go AnimalGo Animal Posts: 5,596
    Time to go back to tiered. It's BEEN time.

And scrap PJ Premium. It doesn't work as intended.
    PJ - 09/23/98: West Palm Beach II, 08/12/00: Tampa, 04/12/03: Orlando, 04/13/03: Tampa, 06/12/08: Tampa, 06/27/08: Hartford, 09/22/09: Seattle II, 04/11/16: Tampa, 05/01 & 05/02/16: MSG I & II, 09/18/21: Sea Hear Now, 10/01 & 10/02/21: Ohana Encore I & II, 05/06 & 05/07/22: Los Angeles I & II, 09/11/22: MSG, 09/16/22: Nashville, 09/02/23: St. Paul II, 09/07/23: Chicago II, 09/18 & 09/19/23: Austin I & II, 05/16 & 05/18/24: Las Vegas I & II, 08/29 & 08/31/24: Wrigley Field I & II, 09/03 & 09/04/24: MSG I & II

EV - 08/04 & 08/05/08: (Eddie solo, w/Liam Finn) NYC I & II, 11/27 & 11/28/12: (Eddie solo, w/Glen Hansard) Orlando I & II, 02/09 & 02/10/22: (Eddie & the Earthlings) Chicago I & II, 09/30/23: (Eddie & the Earthlings) Ohana Festival

Song Wishlist: Oceans, Brother, Alone, Let Me Sleep, full W.M.A., Hold On, Bugs/all of Vitalogy, Gremmie Out Of Control, Mankind, Around The Bend (full band), The Long Road, Don't Gimme No Lip, Pilate, Push Me Pull Me, All Those Yesterdays, Rival, Parting Ways, Ghost, Bu$hleaguer, WWS, Parachutes, Army Reserve, low octave Driftin', Strangest Tribe, Other Side, Undone, Fatal, Hitchhiker, Education, Black Red Yellow, Of the Earth, Love Reign O'er Me, Gonna See My Friend, Amongst the Waves, Santa Cruz, Infallible, Yellow Moon, Alright, Comes Then Goes, Got to Give, and the Mamasan Trilogy.

Wanted Posters: WPB '98, Tampa/WPB '00, Tampa '03, EV Batmobile '08        ISO: any picks, or setlists from any of my shows!
  • D-DayD-Day Far From Home Posts: 317
    edited June 29

Lower and lower physical sales of albums, low ticket sales, etc.

In terms of Pearl Jam being relevant and commercially successful, this seems to be a scary time for them and where they're at career-wise. The band always claimed to not care about such things, but that was when their albums still got certified and they could pack out any venue anywhere in the world. All of this must be a little jarring for them, honestly.

They need to get the ticket prices back in check and humble themselves to deliver at smaller venues. On the mainstream level, it'd look significantly better if they had both a critically claimed album (sans big sale numbers) and a world tour that is 99% sold out.

Pearl Jam hasn't been a "relevant" band in a long time.  And that's no knock on them.  They are still a profitable touring band. They are mostly selling out arenas and ballparks in the US, prices be damned. I feel terrible for locals of London and those traveling that this happened. But the singer got sick. What are you gong to do? These posts about the band being done or at a crossroads are a little dramatic.  
    About what to do - 
    Delete Edit / moved

Post edited by D-Day on
  • MikeDigsMikeDigs Santa Monica, CA Posts: 1,081
    Honestly, this is why I'm thinking Pearl Jam Week in the UK.  It's more efficient to put on one epic show for the hardcore fans, than to travel to multiple cities and cater to the casuals.  Here's to hoping we get some Pearl Jam Week shows in 2025.
  • Get_RightGet_Right Posts: 12,763
    The merch machine runs on its own and they have a job to do. Sell merch. As much as we can. No matter what. Sorry the show was cancelled for those that traveled.
  • evenflow82evenflow82 Posts: 3,891
    PJammin' said:

One show at the Tottenham Stadium!? I mean, of all the venues! (They are nowhere near as popular as Foo Fighters in the UK - who actually CAN sell out stadiums).

Honest question…why are Foo’s more popular than PJ over there?
    Foo Fighters is more popular than Pearl Jam in every country on earth?
    There's always a demand for lukewarm water.
    I've got a fever, and the only prescription is more cowbell.
    -Christopher Walken

you're=you are
    your=showing ownership

The truth has a well known liberal bias.
    -Stephen Colbert
  • 23scidoo23scidoo Posts: 19,089
    vedpunk said:
    They still let everyone in the merch queue but a ton of merch for an hour before cancelling.... Stinks. Cancel at midday before shop opens and let folk choose
    They also could have waited and canceled tomorrow. 
    Or could have told everyone so they could choose to buy merch for a cancelled show or not. It's quite simple 
    Fuck man, nothing they do is good enough, huh? 

You assume the worst of them 24/7, why are you even in the fan club? 
    💯 that pretty much sums up the guy.  Thousands of posts spreading negativity far and wide. No idea why he follows the band. 
    We should ask your permission about what we say about the band??..
    Athens 2006. Dusseldorf 2007. Berlin 2009. Venice 2010. Amsterdam 1 2012. Amsterdam 1+2 2014. Buenos Aires 2015.
    Prague Krakow Berlin 2018. Berlin 2022
    EV, Taormina 1+2 2017.

I wish i was the souvenir you kept your house key on..
    edited June 29
    23scidoo said:
    vedpunk said:
    They still let everyone in the merch queue but a ton of merch for an hour before cancelling.... Stinks. Cancel at midday before shop opens and let folk choose
    Or could have told everyone so they could choose to buy merch for a cancelled show or not. It's quite simple 

💯 that pretty much sums up the guy.  Thousands of posts spreading negativity far and wide. No idea why he follows the band. 
    Don't waste breath mate. Keyboard big men all over the place . It's same few people who can't debate without name calling and assuming everyone else is dumb when really........
    Pay your membership comment on what thread you feel to.  

Post edited by lastexitlondon on
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

• vedpunkvedpunk Posts: 888
    23scidoo said:
    vedpunk said:

Don't waste breath mate. Keyboard big men all over the place . It's same few people who can't debate without name calling and assuming everyone else is dumb when really........
    Pay your membership comment on what thread you feel to.  

Who is name calling?  We are just tired of all your negative, repetitive posts in every thread.  We get it, you want everyone to hear you but give it a rest man. 
    Still going ,? Don't you think you are doing exactly what you are explaining. Have a think. 
    And I will post where and when I wish..
    Scroll by.  Or keep arguing I'm good with either you think your insignificance bothers me?
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

• Spiritual_ChaosSpiritual_Chaos Posts: 30,080
    When will London 2025 start selling?
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
    I do wonder what's the next plan 
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

• matt84matt84 Posts: 708
    I do wonder what's the next plan 
    What the Stones do - short tours. Lots of days off between dates.
    I hope there is a chance of some shows in the UK next year 
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

• Cornerstone2211Cornerstone2211 Posts: 83
    edited June 30
    Indeed. I’m a “the glass is empty never mind half empty” guy though so I’m not counting on it!
    Indeed. I’m a “the glass is empty never mind half empty” guy though so I’m not counting on it!
    Same mate
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07