London show selling terribly?

Comments

• Spiritual_ChaosSpiritual_Chaos Posts: 30,080
    PJammin' said:

One show at the Tottenham Stadium!? I mean, of all the venues! (They are nowhere near as popular as Foo Fighters in the UK - who actually CAN sell out stadiums).

Honest question…why are Foo’s more popular than PJ over there?
    Foo Fighters is more popular than Pearl Jam in every country on earth?
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • PJammin'PJammin' Posts: 1,899
    PJammin' said:

One show at the Tottenham Stadium!? I mean, of all the venues! (They are nowhere near as popular as Foo Fighters in the UK - who actually CAN sell out stadiums).

Where you trying to go with this?
    I died. I died and you just stood there. I died and you watched. I died and you walked by and said no. I'm dead.
  • Spiritual_ChaosSpiritual_Chaos Posts: 30,080
    PJammin' said:
    PJammin' said:

I answered an ”honest questin”. Where are you trying to go with this?
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • seanclaxseanclax Posts: 546
    mr bungle said:
    seanclax said:
    It's probably not worth it anymore. 3 tours in a row with cancelled shows for me. Only 1 show rescheduled 
    Once is an accident. Twice is a coincidence. Three times is a pattern.

That’s what my grandfather told me anyway!
    The highs are high
    But the cancelled shows suck so much.
    And now the stress of going to Berlin not nothing if the show will happen fucking sucks 
  • seanclaxseanclax Posts: 546
    deb1211 said:
    They were supposed to play 2 nights at 02..Matt confirmed this to someone in Seattle..something happened last minute  and they had to change to the stadium.
    That just means we would of had 2 cancelled shows and not one
  • PJammin'PJammin' Posts: 1,899
    PJammin' said:
    PJammin' said:

I answered an ”honest questin”. Where are you trying to go with this?
    You answered an honest question with a question?
    I died. I died and you just stood there. I died and you watched. I died and you walked by and said no. I'm dead.
  • Adam HewettAdam Hewett Posts: 120
    I would definitely agree the Foo Fighters are globally more popular than Pearl Jam in 2024. Is that honestly that surprising?
  • benlw86benlw86 Posts: 74
    To answer the question, people I know who don't really like rock music, like the Foos. They are palatable for the Radio 1 crowd. Because they're quite good.
  • benlw86benlw86 Posts: 74
    And UK music taste is utterly atrocious in 2024.
  • pdalowskypdalowsky Posts: 15,043
    benlw86 said:
    To answer the question, people I know who don't really like rock music, like the Foos. They are palatable for the Radio 1 crowd. Because they're quite good.
    Indeed, very much like Green Day and the Chilis, they make music that is radio friendly and popular to a mass crowd 

none of them compare to PJ imo , not even close 
  • Merkin BallerMerkin Baller Posts: 11,036
    They still let everyone in the merch queue but a ton of merch for an hour before cancelling.... Stinks. Cancel at midday before shop opens and let folk choose
    They also could have waited and canceled tomorrow. 
  • lastexitlondonlastexitlondon Posts: 13,488
    They still let everyone in the merch queue but a ton of merch for an hour before cancelling.... Stinks. Cancel at midday before shop opens and let folk choose
    Or could have told everyone so they could choose to buy merch for a cancelled show or not. It's quite simple 
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

this song is meant to be called i got shit,itshould be called i got shit tickets-hartford 06 -
  • BlueLedbetterBlueLedbetter Posts: 1,292
    pdalowsky said:
    benlw86 said:
    Indeed, very much like Green Day and the Chilis, they make music that is radio friendly and popular to a mass crowd 

none of them compare to PJ imo , not even close 
    Rock music for people who don't like rock music 
    Or could have told everyone so they could choose to buy merch for a cancelled show or not. It's quite simple 
    Fuck man, nothing they do is good enough, huh? 

You assume the worst of them 24/7, why are you even in the fan club? 
  • KM155315KM155315 Posts: 16
    seanclax said:
    It's probably not worth it anymore. 3 tours in a row with cancelled shows for me. Only 1 show rescheduled 
    I am with you on this. I’m done. Not renewing my 10c membership either.
    Manchester 4th June 2000 London 18th June 2007 Manchester 17th August 2009 Los Angeles 1st October 2009 Manchester 21st June 2012 Leeds 8th July 2014 Milton Keynes 11th July 2014

Jog on mate. Choose a new play mate
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

this song is meant to be called i got shit,itshould be called i got shit tickets-hartford 06 -

No worries there, I couldn’t care less. It’s your time & money, not mine. 

No worries there, I couldn’t care less. It’s your time & money, not mine. 
    Correct.
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

• pjl44pjl44 Posts: 9,136
    Why not keep selling the merch? As long as people are showing up anyway. If I were there I still would have grabbed a couple things. That Ames poster is great.
  • jonbond1779jonbond1779 Posts: 1,637
    Cancellations 3 tours in a row.  The only show they rescheduled was in 2018.  Really does leave a bitter taste!

Nothing felt right about this Euro tour - especially for London.  Only 1 night, with such a long space in-between shows. 

Double the price of tickets from last tour. Sales went badly from the go and the prices dropped considerably - screwing over ALL the fans that bought at full price when they went on sale. 

The fact is.,.Pearl Jam could EASILY have sold out 2 nights at a smaller venue like O2 or Wembley Arena. Even at £100 a ticket (£30 more than 2022).

What Happened??? 

Wembley is much much larger than Tottenham
    Wembley Arena. They played there 2007. Not Wembley Stadium 
    "Bring it back, to the clean form. To the pure form"

28/09/04 - Boston, 20/04/06 - London [\\mm//Astoria\\mm//] - 18/06/07 - Wembley Arena, 11/08/09 -  London [\\mm//Shepherds Bush Empire\\mm//],18/08/09 - 02 Arena, 25/06/10 - Hyde Park, 26/06/12 - Amsterdam, 27/06/12 - Amsterdam, 08/07/14 - Leeds,11/07/14 - Milton Keynes, 13/06/18 - Amsterdam, 18/06/18 - London 02 Arena, 17/07/18 - London 02 Arena, 08/08/22 - Hyde Park, 9/08/22 - Hyde Park - 25/08/22 - Amsterdam, 29/07/24 - London {*Tottenham Stadium TBC*}
  • jonbond1779jonbond1779 Posts: 1,637
    PJammin' said:

Just a more commercial band with a more commercial sound.. I love the Foos don't get me wrong. But they are relatively mainstream here in the UK. They get decent radio play. 

Pearl jam is much less known here. 
    "Bring it back, to the clean form. To the pure form"

28/09/04 - Boston, 20/04/06 - London [\\mm//Astoria\\mm//] - 18/06/07 - Wembley Arena, 11/08/09 -  London [\\mm//Shepherds Bush Empire\\mm//],18/08/09 - 02 Arena, 25/06/10 - Hyde Park, 26/06/12 - Amsterdam, 27/06/12 - Amsterdam, 08/07/14 - Leeds,11/07/14 - Milton Keynes, 13/06/18 - Amsterdam, 18/06/18 - London 02 Arena, 17/07/18 - London 02 Arena, 08/08/22 - Hyde Park, 9/08/22 - Hyde Park - 25/08/22 - Amsterdam, 29/07/24 - London {*Tottenham Stadium TBC*}
    No problem sell merch all day and tomorrow all my point was selling it when you know it's cancelled and not giving an honest choice to be had. I spoke with people who said if they had known they wouldn't have bought it that's all transparent. 1hr was all the difference was. The shop was empty as soon as it was announced 
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

• Force Of NatureForce Of Nature Posts: 1,062
    pjl44 said:
    Why not keep selling the merch? As long as people are showing up anyway. If I were there I still would have grabbed a couple things. That Ames poster is great.
    I don’t think the issue is selling merch after. Just the idea of having people queue and sell them stuff when likely the decision had already (or 90%) been made. I get the band communicating down to those running merch takes time but still all feels a little off.
    id be looking for a refund if I purchased a poster and as the sale goes through I find out the show is cancelled. 
  • pjl44pjl44 Posts: 9,136
    The left hand doesn't always know what the right hand is doing, especially in a situation like this where things are going sideways. I'd cut everyone involved some slack. They're not trying to take advantage of people.
    That's what I'm saying. But it's not what happened so that's that.
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

• HenriettaLowellHenriettaLowell Cologne, Germany Posts: 125
    edited June 28
    pjl44 said:
    The left hand doesn't always know what the right hand is doing, especially in a situation like this where things are going sideways. I'd cut everyone involved some slack. They're not trying to take advantage of people.
    Yes.

Also, I think it‘s much too early to draw conclusions and see any patterns. The band toured the US during Covid, where there was always a strong possibility of them catching it, and Ed was unlucky with that smoke in Paris. Currently, Covid numbers are climbing again with other respiratory deseases apparently also on the rise in Europe.

If there are conclusions to be drawn, the band will know. We sure as hell don‘t right now.

Post edited by HenriettaLowell on
  • HenriettaLowellHenriettaLowell Cologne, Germany Posts: 125
    I say that as someone currently packing bags for two uncertain Berlin shows :-/
  • vedpunkvedpunk Posts: 888

💯 that pretty much sums up the guy.  Thousands of posts spreading negativity far and wide. No idea why he follows the band. 
  • jwhjr17jwhjr17 Posts: 1,987
    edited June 28
    That's what I'm saying. But it's not what happened so that's that.
    So please enlighten us to the inner workings of the band and how the decision was made to cancel with all those poor souls already in the merch line.  Since you seem to know what happened.  
    1998-06-30 Mpls | 2006-07-06 Las Vegas | 2010-05-03 Kansas City | 2011-07-01 St. Louis EV | 2011-07-02 Mpls EV | 2011-09-03 PJ20
    2011-09-04 PJ20 | 2011-09-17 Winnipeg | 2012-09-30 Missoula | 2012-11-18 Tulsa EV | 2013-07-19 Chicago | 2013-11-15 Dallas
    2013-11-16 OKC | 2014-10-09 Lincoln | 2014-10-17 Moline | 2014-10-19 St. Paul | 2014-10-20 Milwaukee | 2016-08-20 Chicago
    2016-08-22 Chicago | 2018-08-18 Chicago | 2018-08-20 Chicago | 2022-05-09 Phoenix | 2022-05-20 Las Vegas | 2022-09-18 St. Louis 
    2022-09-20 OKC | 2023-08-31 St. Paul | 2023-09-02 St. Paul | 2024-05-16 Las Vegas | 2024-05-18 Las Vegas | 2024-08-31 Chicago
    If they actively decided to sit on the announcement in order to sell more merch, why not wait the whole day? Announcing it as early as they did would be a foolish business decision from the perspective of selling as much merch as possible. 

Occam’s razor suggests they made the announcement as soon as they knew, but I suppose it’s no fun without a conspiracy or something to be mad at them about.