Options

TicketMaster's Fan2Fan is now Fan2Bot

Comments

• Options
    yosiyosi NYC Posts: 2,675
    Has anyone in ten c been able to purchase a NE show ticket for true face value in the fan to bot? I’ve checked five shows probably a hundred times each and it seems a waste of time. No way I am beating out a bot when it takes a few seconds for the “got it” button to go away.

combine the loss of fan to fan with fan to bot, the new priority draw process and the very misleading “ten percent of inventory will be sold at market rate” fans losing out on lottery in the east are getting destroyed by these ticketing processes while some are sitting pretty with 3+ NE shows with multiple GA. And the band is nothing but crickets.
    I haven’t even seen face value tickets for sale for these shows since the first day F2B opened and I’m checking all the time. 
    you couldn't swing if you were hangin' from a palm tree in a hurricane

• Options
    onemorshowonemorshow Posts: 391
    not PJ but I want to thank who ever gave up F2F Pit Neil & Crazy Horse tixs for Bristow,Va. Pit tixs were $100. cheaper than seats behind it. F2F does work if you keep trying. Good luck everyone.

• Options
    BigReddBigRedd Posts: 58
    Bots are 100% scooping up the tickets. You just need to look at the "other" sites to figure that out. Those that are paying attention see the patterns. 

We can not transfer tickets but they can. Its a broken system. 

Why do people keep asking how do they transfer if transfers are not allowed? Are we really that naive to think that people that do this for a living wouldn't find a way? 

The worst part is TM and 10C knows its happening for 2 tours now and this being the 3rd. 
  • Options
    SHZASHZA St. Louis, MO USA Posts: 3,409
    BigRedd said:
    Bots are 100% scooping up the tickets. You just need to look at the "other" sites to figure that out. Those that are paying attention see the patterns. 

Why do people keep asking how do they transfer if transfers are not allowed? Are we really that naive to think that people that do this for a living wouldn't find a way? 

The worst part is TM and 10C knows its happening for 2 tours now and this being the 3rd. 
    Seems to be much worse this time around. For example, on the last two tours, timed drops at odd hours had a high success rate. Seems they are being intercepted now. Still somewhat anecdotal but it seems that bots may be scooping most of the good tickets 
  • Options
    pjl44pjl44 Posts: 8,216
    mpedone said:
    SHZA said:
    PJNB said:

and there it is.
    "Only request tickets for shows you can definitely attend" 

This should be tattooed on our arms. You don't know if you can make it happen, don't request and wait until you can be sure. 
    Tickets will be eventually available if everyone follows along. 

Also, before anyone says "But no one will restrain themselves" - that's the mindset that is hindering the people. Just do what is ideal and you'll see.  

It’s kind of a non sequitur. Getting rid of priority doesn't have anything to do with choosing only shows you can definitely attend. If anything, getting rid of priority may just encourage choosing more shows, since you no longer can assume you’re likely to score a top-ranked show. Only select shows you can definitely attend is a more appropriate response to a question such as whether you could be selected and charged for numerous shows. And as someone else mentioned, we never truly know which shows we can "definitely" attend... 

With no priority AND F2F, there is no disincentive to putting in for as many shows as you can afford, or even multiplying your chances by putting in for the same shows as your spouse/concert buddy. Hell, I thought about it. I'm not likely to go to Chicago, but my brother-in-law lives there, and we've enjoyed the city. Why not secure tickets and sell them if the plans fall through? Seatlle? Never been. Might be cool to see PJ in their "home" city. Can always just sell them later. Fortunately, I wasn't comfortable spending that much money (and even more for travel costs) and restricted myself to realistic/local shows.

Bringing back priority and/or show-by-show draws could ease some of this, as you'd see a broader spread of people getting tickets, but you're still going to have a ton of people shut out of more in-demand shows like MSG and Seattle, and be in this same boat of fighting bots for tickets. Make 10C tickets non-transferable again and you'd see a lot fewer people putting in for 5+ shows they aren't really sure they can make. No, we're never 100% sure either way, but if you're faced with the choice to spend $350+ and maybe eat that money or just not get tickets to a show you're only 50% likely to actually attend, I would think most people would hold back. Unfortunately, that's not an option in NY, IL, CT, and CO, and it would only drive up the prices from the bots who snatch up the non-10C seats.

Given ticket prices being what they are, the last sentence of your first paragraph would be the disincentive for a lot of people 
  • Options
    pjl44pjl44 Posts: 8,216
    Counterpoint being if you're flying around for Pearl Jam shows you have a little more wiggle room than most
  • Options
    craigraethercraigraether Posts: 1,242
    SHZA said:
    BigRedd said:

Seems to be much worse this time around. For example, on the last two tours, timed drops at odd hours had a high success rate. Seems they are being intercepted now. Still somewhat anecdotal but it seems that bots may be scooping most of the good tickets 
    Yea, its worse, I also think there is a lower number of drops, perhaps there was a lower number of ticket requests ( West) with higher number of people not giving up their tickets (East)... Add that lower odds, due to secondary market..l think we need start a "Trusted " network of 10C members that shares TM logins to swap tickets... Its Odd, since 99% of 10c members would swap to transfer tickets at face value yet we are locked out ... I get that if 10C members had the ability to swap tickets it would drive more lottery entries and prob less premiums ...etc.. 
  • Options
    cblock4lifecblock4life Posts: 1,425
    edited April 11
    I miss stubhub
    Speaking of StubHub….i won both Chicago and lost both Philly. I purchased two tickets for Philly for the Monday show and a parking pass.  
    I’ve used StubHub once before in 2016 with no issues.  What’s making me nervous is I won’t get the tickets till the day of.  Does this sound correct?  They blame the artist but I have my Chicago tickets so the seller must have my Philly tickets already to transfer.  Is this all legitimate now?  

Warnings or words of encouragement based on your experiences with Stub hub will be greatly appreciated!!!
    Post edited by cblock4life on
  • Options
    I miss stubhub
    Speaking of StubHub….i won both Chicago and lost both Philly. I purchased two tickets for Philly for the Monday show and a parking pass.  
    I’ve used StubHub once before in 2016 with no issues.  What’s making me nervous is I won’t get the tickets till the day of.  Does this sound correct?  They blame the artist but I have my Chicago tickets so the seller must have my Philly tickets already to transfer.  Is this all legitimate now?  

Warnings or words of encouragement based on your experiences with Stub hub will be greatly appreciated!!!
    I will never use stubhub for ANY show except day of sports events. Burned twice by them, bought tickets that were hard tickets and I was traveling to the show, they shipped the tickets 3 days before the show when the posting said 10days prior. I had 20 hours of calls to support to get money back and was a real pain. Next was 2021 Foo Fighters, bought GA and ticket was supposed to be XFRed day off and never was. Luck for me TM dropped more GA day off, but SH didnt want to refund me. Probably worse customer service then TM
  • Options
    Lerxst1992Lerxst1992 Posts: 6,172
    jwhjr17 said:
    Has anyone in ten c been able to purchase a NE show ticket for true face value in the fan to bot? I’ve checked five shows probably a hundred times each and it seems a waste of time. No way I am beating out a bot when it takes a few seconds for the “got it” button to go away.

combine the loss of fan to fan with fan to bot, the new priority draw process and the very misleading “ten percent of inventory will be sold at market rate” fans losing out on lottery in the east are getting destroyed by these ticketing processes while some are sitting pretty with 3+ NE shows with multiple GA. And the band is nothing but crickets.
    Yes and why would the band say anything?

Because I purchased a membership for the sole purpose of the lottery and results seem to indicate some won the lottery at ten thousand to one odds. When you are a star, apparently accountability to your customers does not exist.
  • Options
    I miss stubhub

I will never use stubhub for ANY show except day of sports events. Burned twice by them, bought tickets that were hard tickets and I was traveling to the show, they shipped the tickets 3 days before the show when the posting said 10days prior. I had 20 hours of calls to support to get money back and was a real pain. Next was 2021 Foo Fighters, bought GA and ticket was supposed to be XFRed day off and never was. Luck for me TM dropped more GA day off, but SH didnt want to refund me. Probably worse customer service then TM
    Thanks for the warning. I’m going to contact them and ask for the transfer to happen now.  Whoever is selling them has to have the, right?  I have my Chicago tix, they must have theirs also.  
  • Options
    Lerxst1992Lerxst1992 Posts: 6,172
    edited April 11
    jwhjr17 said:
    Get_Right said:
    jwhjr17 said:
    JojoRice said:
    Definitely some shadiness going on.  My ticket buddy and I put in for the same 4 shows (Seattle 1&2, Wrigley 1&2).  He went 4/4 in the lottery and I went 1/4. 
    So you're saying 2 people entered a lottery with the same choices and didn't get the same result?  Mind boggling, almost as if it was a lottery and one got luckier than the other.  How in the world could that happen?  

It is not almost like a lottery it is a lottery. Some people get picked some do not. It has always been that way even with priority. Was your win for wrigley? 
    You're making my point lol

Please pay closer attention before laughing. Some won four NE shows which logically would bring odds at approximately ten thousand to one.
  • Options
    jwhjr17jwhjr17 Posts: 1,927
    jwhjr17 said:
    Get_Right said:
    jwhjr17 said:
    JojoRice said:
    Definitely some shadiness going on.  My ticket buddy and I put in for the same 4 shows (Seattle 1&2, Wrigley 1&2).  He went 4/4 in the lottery and I went 1/4. 
    So you're saying 2 people entered a lottery with the same choices and didn't get the same result?  Mind boggling, almost as if it was a lottery and one got luckier than the other.  How in the world could that happen?  

It is not almost like a lottery it is a lottery. Some people get picked some do not. It has always been that way even with priority. Was your win for wrigley? 

Please pay closer attention before laughing. Some won four NE shows which logically would bring odds at approximately ten thousand to one.
    What do I need to pay closer attention to?  Some win, some lose.  Is it rigged when someone wins Powerball at much higher odds than 10K to 1?  Please by all means carry on with the whining discussion and I'll continue to be entertained by it.
    1998-06-30 Mpls | 2006-07-06 Las Vegas | 2010-05-03 Kansas City | 2011-07-01 St. Louis EV | 2011-07-02 Mpls EV | 2011-09-03 PJ20
    2011-09-04 PJ20 | 2011-09-17 Winnipeg | 2012-09-30 Missoula | 2012-11-18 Tulsa EV | 2013-07-19 Chicago | 2013-11-15 Dallas
    2013-11-16 OKC | 2014-10-09 Lincoln | 2014-10-17 Moline | 2014-10-19 St. Paul | 2014-10-20 Milwaukee | 2016-08-20 Chicago
    2016-08-22 Chicago | 2018-08-18 Chicago | 2018-08-20 Chicago | 2022-05-09 Phoenix | 2022-05-20 Las Vegas | 2022-09-18 St. Louis 
    2022-09-20 OKC | 2023-08-31 St. Paul | 2023-09-02 St. Paul | 2024-05-16 Las Vegas | 2024-05-18 Las Vegas |
  • Options
    mpedonempedone 540xxx - Manchester, NH Posts: 1,895
    pjl44 said:
    mpedone said:
    SHZA said:
    PJNB said:

and there it is.
    "Only request tickets for shows you can definitely attend" 

This should be tattooed on our arms. You don't know if you can make it happen, don't request and wait until you can be sure. 
    Tickets will be eventually available if everyone follows along. 

Also, before anyone says "But no one will restrain themselves" - that's the mindset that is hindering the people. Just do what is ideal and you'll see.  

It’s kind of a non sequitur. Getting rid of priority doesn't have anything to do with choosing only shows you can definitely attend. If anything, getting rid of priority may just encourage choosing more shows, since you no longer can assume you’re likely to score a top-ranked show. Only select shows you can definitely attend is a more appropriate response to a question such as whether you could be selected and charged for numerous shows. And as someone else mentioned, we never truly know which shows we can "definitely" attend... 

With no priority AND F2F, there is no disincentive to putting in for as many shows as you can afford, or even multiplying your chances by putting in for the same shows as your spouse/concert buddy. Hell, I thought about it. I'm not likely to go to Chicago, but my brother-in-law lives there, and we've enjoyed the city. Why not secure tickets and sell them if the plans fall through? Seatlle? Never been. Might be cool to see PJ in their "home" city. Can always just sell them later. Fortunately, I wasn't comfortable spending that much money (and even more for travel costs) and restricted myself to realistic/local shows.

Bringing back priority and/or show-by-show draws could ease some of this, as you'd see a broader spread of people getting tickets, but you're still going to have a ton of people shut out of more in-demand shows like MSG and Seattle, and be in this same boat of fighting bots for tickets. Make 10C tickets non-transferable again and you'd see a lot fewer people putting in for 5+ shows they aren't really sure they can make. No, we're never 100% sure either way, but if you're faced with the choice to spend $350+ and maybe eat that money or just not get tickets to a show you're only 50% likely to actually attend, I would think most people would hold back. Unfortunately, that's not an option in NY, IL, CT, and CO, and it would only drive up the prices from the bots who snatch up the non-10C seats.

Given ticket prices being what they are, the last sentence of your first paragraph would be the disincentive for a lot of people 

That's where F2F comes in. Ticket prices SHOULD be a deterrent, but if you know that you can recoup that money if travel plans don't work out, why not take a chance?
    "I'm a lucky man, to count on both hands the [shows I've done]. Some folks just have one, others they got none..."

Hartford 10.02.96 | Mansfield 2 09.16.98 | Mansfield 1 08.29.00 | Mansfield 1 07.02.03 | Mansfield 3 07.11.03 | Boston 2 05.25.06 | Tampa 04.11.16 | Fenway 1 08.05.16 | Fenway 2 08.07.16 | Fenway 1 09.02.18 | Fenway 2 09.04.18 | Baltimore 03.28.20 | Hamilton 09.06.22 | Toronto 09.08.22 | Nashville 09.16.22 | St Louis 09.18.22

"He made the deal with the devil, we get to play with him.
    He goes to hell, of course. We're going to heaven."
  • Options
    jwhjr17 said:
    jwhjr17 said:
    Get_Right said:
    jwhjr17 said:
    JojoRice said:

What do I need to pay closer attention to?  Some win, some lose.  Is it rigged when someone wins Powerball at much higher odds than 10K to 1?  Please by all means carry on with the whining discussion and I'll continue to be entertained by it.
    If odds of a single person winning powerball on a given draw are infinitesimal and you get 10 winners, it was probably rigged 
  • Options
    I miss stubhub

Thanks for the warning. I’m going to contact them and ask for the transfer to happen now.  Whoever is selling them has to have the, right?  I have my Chicago tix, they must have theirs also.  
    Stubhub probably won't force the seller to send them immediately. That said, the seller might do it voluntarily. If I sell tickets I can't use on stubhub I would send immediately if possible even though I don't have to send until shortly before the show. 
  • Options
    SHZA said:
    jwhjr17 said:
    jwhjr17 said:
    Get_Right said:
    jwhjr17 said:
    JojoRice said:

If odds of a single person winning powerball on a given draw are infinitesimal and you get 10 winners, it was probably rigged 
    I think rigged is not the right word, that would suggest that those that won were selected outside of random. I will say that it was poorly or done very lazy in a way that shifted the results to some won a lot, most won a little, some not at all..... its the 2 ends of the spectrum that causes concern.. Winners that won a lot were random on the first win, after that their selections kept getting put into fulfillment ( over and over) Not random. 
  • Options
    GW2553GW2553 AMORICA Posts: 58
    There is a pair of F2F for Sat Philly Now
  • Options
    Regardless of why, and how, a system like what TM/10c does not help in keeping people paying the 35 a year.. If people think that 10c is not doing right by fans, people will drop out. I would think that the goal of 10c would be to keep as many people happy as possible and make it fair for all so they can expand their user base. 
  • Options
    primussucksprimussucks Posts: 2,352
    not PJ but I want to thank who ever gave up F2F Pit Neil & Crazy Horse tixs for Bristow,Va. Pit tixs were $100. cheaper than seats behind it. F2F does work if you keep trying. Good luck everyone.

I notice there is a transfer option there.  Why do we not have that option for pj shows???
    Summerfest 7/8/95
    Missoula 6/20/98
    Alpine Valley 6/26/98 & 6/27/98
    Alpine Valley 10/8/00 
    Champaign 4/23/03
    Alpine Valley 6/21/03
    Missoula 8/29/05
    Chicago 5/16 & 17/06
    Grand Rapids 5/19/06
    Summerfest 6/29/06 & 6/30/06
    Tampa 6/12/08
    Chicago 8/23/09
    Indy 5/7/10
    Alpine Valley x2 2011
    Wrigley 2013
    Milwaukee 14
    Telluride 16
  • Options
    SHZA said:
    jwhjr17 said:
    jwhjr17 said:
    Get_Right said:
    jwhjr17 said:
    JojoRice said:

There have been multiple winners on a single Powerball drawing though so again it's possible for multiple winners even against long odds for even one to win.  As much as we like to think we have a good representation of the entirety of results on this board, I'm sure it's a small fraction of the overall results.  Was something screwed up?  Possibly.  Were some people just extremely lucky against long odds?  Possibly.  There's zero chance we ever find out what really happened from the powers at be so again while the discussion is definitely entertaining (and I fully admit to being involved in it), we're essentially going in circles.  Hopefully everyone finds a way to get tickets to the shows they want to see and all is forgotten until the next ticket lottery :grin:
    1998-06-30 Mpls | 2006-07-06 Las Vegas | 2010-05-03 Kansas City | 2011-07-01 St. Louis EV | 2011-07-02 Mpls EV | 2011-09-03 PJ20
    2011-09-04 PJ20 | 2011-09-17 Winnipeg | 2012-09-30 Missoula | 2012-11-18 Tulsa EV | 2013-07-19 Chicago | 2013-11-15 Dallas
    2013-11-16 OKC | 2014-10-09 Lincoln | 2014-10-17 Moline | 2014-10-19 St. Paul | 2014-10-20 Milwaukee | 2016-08-20 Chicago
    2016-08-22 Chicago | 2018-08-18 Chicago | 2018-08-20 Chicago | 2022-05-09 Phoenix | 2022-05-20 Las Vegas | 2022-09-18 St. Louis 
    2022-09-20 OKC | 2023-08-31 St. Paul | 2023-09-02 St. Paul | 2024-05-16 Las Vegas | 2024-05-18 Las Vegas |
  • Options
    mpedonempedone 540xxx - Manchester, NH Posts: 1,895
    jwhjr17 said:
    SHZA said:
    jwhjr17 said:
    jwhjr17 said:
    Get_Right said:
    jwhjr17 said:
    JojoRice said:

There have been multiple winners on a single Powerball drawing though so again it's possible for multiple winners even against long odds for even one to win.  As much as we like to think we have a good representation of the entirety of results on this board, I'm sure it's a small fraction of the overall results.  Was something screwed up?  Possibly.  Were some people just extremely lucky against long odds?  Possibly.  There's zero chance we ever find out what really happened from the powers at be so again while the discussion is definitely entertaining (and I fully admit to being involved in it), we're essentially going in circles.  Hopefully everyone finds a way to get tickets to the shows they want to see and all is forgotten until the next ticket lottery :grin:
    I do enjoy that some people are hell-bent on this being a conspiracy and refuse to believe the answer that fits the evidence.
    "I'm a lucky man, to count on both hands the [shows I've done]. Some folks just have one, others they got none..."

Hartford 10.02.96 | Mansfield 2 09.16.98 | Mansfield 1 08.29.00 | Mansfield 1 07.02.03 | Mansfield 3 07.11.03 | Boston 2 05.25.06 | Tampa 04.11.16 | Fenway 1 08.05.16 | Fenway 2 08.07.16 | Fenway 1 09.02.18 | Fenway 2 09.04.18 | Baltimore 03.28.20 | Hamilton 09.06.22 | Toronto 09.08.22 | Nashville 09.16.22 | St Louis 09.18.22

"He made the deal with the devil, we get to play with him.
    He goes to hell, of course. We're going to heaven."
  • Options
    Get_RightGet_Right Posts: 12,479
    jwhjr17 said:

Yes and why would the band say anything?

Because I purchased a membership for the sole purpose of the lottery and results seem to indicate some won the lottery at ten thousand to one odds. When you are a star, apparently accountability to your customers does not exist.

This fan club is famous for its lack of transparency and communication. The information you seek may even be proprietary. Tickets will pop up for the NE shows, even MSG. The shows are a long way off and I have always found the best success on this forum rather than the corrupt TM. For better or worse, most tickets pop up 72-24 hrs. before the show.
  • Options
    mpedone said:
    jwhjr17 said:
    SHZA said:
    jwhjr17 said:
    jwhjr17 said:
    Get_Right said:
    jwhjr17 said:
    JojoRice said:

I do enjoy that some people are hell-bent on this being a conspiracy and refuse to believe the answer that fits the evidence.
    Agreed.  Makes for interesting reading.
  • Options
    kosteva2kosteva2 Posts: 287
    I miss stubhub

SHould work now for IL and NY shows.  I was able to pull off a trade/transfer of MSG tickets where we were able to move the tickets to each others accounts.  Once the actual ticket/barcodes become available 2 days or so before the show or whatever the countdown clock says they should be automatically available in the account.
    TFC '97, TFC '98, Pittsburgh '98, Camden I,II '98, Camden I,II '00, Pittsburgh '00, Philly '03, Camden I,II '03, MSG I,II '03, Hershey '03, Reading '04, Philly '05, Camden I,II '06, Meadowlands I '06, Camden I,II '08, DC '08, Spectrum I,II,III,IV '09, Made in America '12, Philly I,II '13, GCF '15, Philly I,II '16, MSG I '16, Apollo ‘22, MSG ‘22, Camden ‘22
  • Options
    flanosmasseurflanosmasseur Posts: 213
    How do people
    kosteva2 said:
    I miss stubhub

SHould work now for IL and NY shows.  I was able to pull off a trade/transfer of MSG tickets where we were able to move the tickets to each others accounts.  Once the actual ticket/barcodes become available 2 days or so before the show or whatever the countdown clock says they should be automatically available in the account.
    How were you able to transfer Wrigley tickets when the "Transfer" button is grayed out? Granted, I'm just looking on the TM app. Can you transfer through the MLB app?

07/28/1992 - Cincinnati
    07/11/1998 - Las Vegas
    07/22/2006 - The Gorge
    04/26/2016 - Lexington
    08/08/2018 - Seattle
    08/10/2018 - Seattle
    08/20/2018 - Wrigley Field
    04/02/2020 - Nashville
    09/16/2022 - Nashville
  • Options
    How do people
    kosteva2 said:
    I miss stubhub

How were you able to transfer Wrigley tickets when the "Transfer" button is grayed out? Granted, I'm just looking on the TM app. Can you transfer through the MLB app?

This is my fault. I didn’t realize until he said there’s no bar code and he’s correct.  My transfer button for chicago is also still grey.    StubHub can’t transfer them to me because none of us have our actual tickets, right?  I confused the posts.  Thanks and sorry! 
  • Options
    edited April 11
    jwhjr17 said:
    SHZA said:
    jwhjr17 said:
    jwhjr17 said:
    Get_Right said:
    jwhjr17 said:
    JojoRice said:

Anything is possible but at some point the probabilities become so remote that another explanation is more likely. Rigged or just poorly designed are both more likely explanations than the same members winning draw after draw for the most desired shows 
  • Options
    This is my fault. I didn’t realize until he said there’s no bar code and he’s correct.  My transfer button for chicago is also still grey.    StubHub can’t transfer them to me because none of us have our actual tickets, right?  I confused the posts.  Thanks and sorry! 
    First of all, Stubhub will not be transferring the tickets.  Stubhub is like ebay - its a platform that puts buyers and sellers together.  They don't sell anything directly nor do they transfer tickets.  Your tickets will be transferred by the seller who sold you the tickets.  Since Philly is non-transferrable, your seller is going to have to pull something sneaky to get these tickets to you.  They will have to wait for the barcodes to become available before they can do anything so that is most likely the reason they are giving you such a late delivery date.  
    Gorge
  • Options
    Lost In OhioLost In Ohio Posts: 6,774
    BigRedd said:
    Bring back willcall. Most of these problems would be solved. And on top of that people putting in for multiple shows they have no zero interest in attending would be almost all but eliminated as well. This would allow those that actually want to go to the show a better chance of getting tickets in the draw. 

They won't, but yeah.

No refunds, no exchanges, no exceptions. If you can't go, you get your tickets in the mail after the tour OR someone else goes for free...you don't pick who.
    Presidential Advice from President-Elect Mike McCready: "Are you getting something out of this all encompassing trip?"