Options

TicketMaster's Fan2Fan is now Fan2Bot

Comments

• Options
    EH14457EH14457 Orlando, FL Posts: 237
    edited April 10
    JimmyV said:
    I won Baltimore and both Fenways. My card was charged midday for Balt and twice in the evening for Boston. Not sure that tracks if my name was only drawn once. Seems the charges would come right on top of each other in that scenario. 
    Not necessarily. I'm not saying the below is what happened, but nobody really knows how fulfillment works under the hood. And with multiple integrations in play, various tech refactors, optimizations over time, etc... it's possible something like the below could happen. I'm using unique parties, but these could also just be unique processes taking place under a single roof, depending on the system architecture:

1. All users submit their entry forms. An entry form consists of multiple show selections and credit card info.

2. Party A, who has the inventory (count of available tickets) for each show, randomizes the forms and then starts 'allocating tickets' on a per form basis, based on remaining inventory. This means the first form in the list would get tickets to every show they picked... the 20,000th form in the list might get some but not all. The 100,000th form is probably getting nothing. Important to note, no ticket purchases are being processed in this step. It's just creating a list of ticket orders for every show, until the quantity of tickets available for that show has been claimed. And, importantly, it's doing it on a per-form basis, not a per-show basis.

3. With a complete list of ticket orders to be processed, based on step 2, Party A transmits the order data to Party B, who processes all the ticket orders and keeps lists of which orders processed successfully or had issues.

4. With a complete list of successful ticket orders, failed ticket orders, and rejected lottery submissions, Party C sends out e-mail batches for each of those buckets, spanning all shows.

Note that with this flow, there isn't necessarily any correlation between when winners are selected for each show, when they are charged, and when they are notified. Each of those things happens independently. Though it would seem to go against the 'spirit' of the lottery, especially with the history of priority selection, it's easy to see a lottery pipeline being built as described above, intentionally or not. For fans who seem alarmed by the high success rates some had while others got nothing, it's a plausible explanation... and for others it probably just reads like conspiracy theory.

10/7/96 (FL), 9/22/98 (FL), 9/23/98 (FL), 8/9/00 (FL), 8/10/00 (FL), 8/12/00 (FL), 4/11/03 (FL), 4/12/03 (FL), 4/13/03 (FL), 7/8/03 (NY), 7/9/03 (NY), 7/12/03 (PA), 7/14/03 (NJ), 10/8/04 (FL), 8/5/07 (IL), 11/27/12 (FL), 12/6/13 (WA), 4/8/16 (FL), 4/9/16 (FL), 4/11/16 (FL), 8/5/16 (MA), 8/22/16 (IL), 8/8/18 (WA), 8/10/18 (WA), 9/25/21 (CA), 9/26/21 (CA), 5/3/22 (CA), 5/12/22 (CA), 5/13/22 (CA), 9/18/23 (TX), 9/19/23 (TX), 10/23/23 (WA), 10/24/23 (WA)

• Options
    JBob87JBob87 Posts: 440
    EH14457 said:
    JimmyV said:
    I won Baltimore and both Fenways. My card was charged midday for Balt and twice in the evening for Boston. Not sure that tracks if my name was only drawn once. Seems the charges would come right on top of each other in that scenario. 
    Not necessarily. I'm not saying the below is what happened, but nobody really knows how fulfillment works under the hood. And with multiple integrations in play, various tech refactors, optimizations over time, etc... it's possible something like the below could happen. I'm using unique parties, but these could also just be unique processes taking place under a single roof, depending on the system architecture:

1. All users submit their entry forms. An entry form consists of multiple show selections and credit card info.

2. Party A, who has the inventory (count of available tickets) for each show, randomizes the forms and then starts 'allocating tickets' on a per form basis, based on remaining inventory. This means the first form in the list would get tickets to every show they picked... the 20,000th form in the list might get some but not all. The 100,000th form is probably getting nothing. Important to note, no ticket purchases are being processed in this step. It's just creating a list of ticket orders for every show, until the quantity of tickets available for that show has been claimed. And, importantly, it's doing it on a per-form basis, not a per-show basis.

3. With a complete list of ticket orders to be processed, based on step 2, Party A transmits the order data to Party B, who processes all the ticket orders and keeps lists of which orders processed successfully or had issues.

4. With a complete list of successful ticket orders, failed ticket orders, and rejected lottery submissions, Party C sends out e-mail batches for each of those buckets, spanning all shows.

Note that with this flow, there isn't necessarily any correlation between when winners are selected for each show, when they are charged, and when they are notified. Each of those things happens independently. Though it would seem to go against the 'spirit' of the lottery, especially with the history of priority selection, it's easy to see a lottery pipeline being built as described above, intentionally or not. For fans who seem alarmed by the high success rates some had while others got nothing, it's a plausible explanation... and for others it probably just reads like conspiracy theory.
    IMO it is highly likely that this is what happened.

It's the only thing that explains numerous people getting GA to 3+ northeast shows...odds for that with single show selection would be looooooong.
  • Options
    Get_RightGet_Right Posts: 12,479
    Get_Right said:
    Get_Right said:
    Tm is driving all of of this. Tm is the bot. Ticket comes up who is the first to know? Then they appear on a resale site.They take ever ticket and maximize the value. Maximize very seat up until the date of the show. Make no mistake, it is TM grabbing every seat and then squeezing the consumer. You might do ok in a smaller market, but not on the east coast.

And who gave TM more control over the process of conducting the lottery, including but not limited to priority being eliminated (and screwing fans in difficult to get NE shows) because it was “too confusing?”

PJ, that’s who.

I agree. I do not think there is anything sinister with the 10C lottery, but after that all bets are off.

Not necessarily sinister but we are lacking an answer to a basic question…if these NE shows are so valuable according to PJs very own pricing metrics, how the heck did many win three to five  NE shows?

If there are so many desperate to get tickets, odds had to be quite low for the NE leg. Old days, we got disclosure on the odds and how exactly the draw worked. Now I guess it’s too confusing or the resources aren’t there after nearly doubling the ten c fees.

Not that they owe us any explanation for the very thing we are paying for- full disclosure as to how the lottery is conducted - and how this seemingly impossible draw played out.

We will not get an answer. The band and the 10C have never been ones to disclose details. It is the luck of the draw. Some win some lose. And I do not think priority changed anything. You put your numbers in a hat and some get picked others do not. The odds of getting picked for a NE show were always fairly low even with priority. They may even use a random number generator. But we will never know. The only thing I am surprised about is the number of people that got rejected for Fenway. There should have been a ton of 10C tickets for those shows.
  • Options
    primussucksprimussucks Posts: 2,351
    Once again, for the 3rd time now I had an agreement from a seller for a timed drop for me to purchase their tickets.  For the 3rd time I was on ticketmaster at the exact time of the drop and somehow someone or something was able to purchase the tickets faster than I could!  I have a hard time believing that bots or ticketmaster themselves aren't scooping up these tickets!  This is bullshit!!!
    Summerfest 7/8/95
    Missoula 6/20/98
    Alpine Valley 6/26/98 & 6/27/98
    Alpine Valley 10/8/00 
    Champaign 4/23/03
    Alpine Valley 6/21/03
    Missoula 8/29/05
    Chicago 5/16 & 17/06
    Grand Rapids 5/19/06
    Summerfest 6/29/06 & 6/30/06
    Tampa 6/12/08
    Chicago 8/23/09
    Indy 5/7/10
    Alpine Valley x2 2011
    Wrigley 2013
    Milwaukee 14
    Telluride 16
  • Options
    craigraethercraigraether Posts: 1,223
    Once again, for the 3rd time now I had an agreement from a seller for a timed drop for me to purchase their tickets.  For the 3rd time I was on ticketmaster at the exact time of the drop and somehow someone or something was able to purchase the tickets faster than I could!  I have a hard time believing that bots or ticketmaster themselves aren't scooping up these tickets!  This is bullshit!!!
    would be helpful to know which show, and the time you did the drop? 
  • Options
    mpedonempedone 540xxx - Manchester, NH Posts: 1,890
    EH14457 said:
    JimmyV said:

I think this is pretty much exactly what happened. Also wouldn't surprise me if they processed all the CCs for each show at once, thus the delays in charges (and the fact that Fenway and Wrigley are a different system than the rest of the venues).

Still a lottery, just not in the way we expected.
    "I'm a lucky man, to count on both hands the [shows I've done]. Some folks just have one, others they got none..."

Hartford 10.02.96 | Mansfield 2 09.16.98 | Mansfield 1 08.29.00 | Mansfield 1 07.02.03 | Mansfield 3 07.11.03 | Boston 2 05.25.06 | Tampa 04.11.16 | Fenway 1 08.05.16 | Fenway 2 08.07.16 | Fenway 1 09.02.18 | Fenway 2 09.04.18 | Baltimore 03.28.20 | Hamilton 09.06.22 | Toronto 09.08.22 | Nashville 09.16.22 | St Louis 09.18.22

"He made the deal with the devil, we get to play with him.
    He goes to hell, of course. We're going to heaven."
  • Options
    Lerxst1992Lerxst1992 Posts: 6,166
    Get_Right said:
    Get_Right said:
    Get_Right said:
    Tm is driving all of of this. Tm is the bot. Ticket comes up who is the first to know? Then they appear on a resale site.They take ever ticket and maximize the value. Maximize very seat up until the date of the show. Make no mistake, it is TM grabbing every seat and then squeezing the consumer. You might do ok in a smaller market, but not on the east coast.

And who gave TM more control over the process of conducting the lottery, including but not limited to priority being eliminated (and screwing fans in difficult to get NE shows) because it was “too confusing?”

PJ, that’s who.

I agree. I do not think there is anything sinister with the 10C lottery, but after that all bets are off.

Not necessarily sinister but we are lacking an answer to a basic question…if these NE shows are so valuable according to PJs very own pricing metrics, how the heck did many win three to five  NE shows?

If there are so many desperate to get tickets, odds had to be quite low for the NE leg. Old days, we got disclosure on the odds and how exactly the draw worked. Now I guess it’s too confusing or the resources aren’t there after nearly doubling the ten c fees.

Not that they owe us any explanation for the very thing we are paying for- full disclosure as to how the lottery is conducted - and how this seemingly impossible draw played out.

We will not get an answer. The band and the 10C have never been ones to disclose details. It is the luck of the draw. Some win some lose. And I do not think priority changed anything. You put your numbers in a hat and some get picked others do not. The odds of getting picked for a NE show were always fairly low even with priority. They may even use a random number generator. But we will never know. The only thing I am surprised about is the number of people that got rejected for Fenway. There should have been a ton of 10C tickets for those shows.

Do not agree with the bolded part. In the old days, we had a decent idea what our odds were before the draw for each show and the results made sense after the draw. How many won 3+ NE shows for the second most difficult concert tickets on earth is astounding. For me, I am a paying customer and deserve to know exactly what I am paying for, and if that’s a lottery, I should be due explanation of the exact process. Disclosure is the only way to avoid  the appearance of impropriety.

I know raising this question yesterday was accurate on my part because we have seen many varying well educated guesses. It’s disappointing that this band believes they are running a fair process with minimal explanation how some were able to randomly win four times to tickets valued $500 to $2000, as they are slashing prices in Euro and Oceania. Glad MSG fans can pay for their tour routing blunders.
  • Options
    Indy.  5am central time.
    Summerfest 7/8/95
    Missoula 6/20/98
    Alpine Valley 10/8/00 
    Champaign 4/23/03
    Alpine Valley 6/21/03
    Missoula 8/29/05
    Chicago 5/16 & 17/06
    Grand Rapids 5/19/06
    Tampa 6/12/08
    Chicago 8/23/09
    Indy 5/7/10
    Alpine Valley x2 2011
    Wrigley 2013
    Milwaukee 14
    Telluride 16
  • Options
    Get_Right said:
    Get_Right said:
    Get_Right said:

PJ, that’s who.

Do not agree with the bolded part. In the old days, we had a decent idea what our odds were before the draw for each show and the results made sense after the draw. How many won 3+ NE shows for the second most difficult concert tickets on earth is astounding. For me, I am a paying customer and deserve to know exactly what I am paying for, and if that’s a lottery, I should be due explanation of the exact process. Disclosure is the only way to avoid  the appearance of impropriety.

I know raising this question yesterday was accurate on my part because we have seen many varying well educated guesses. It’s disappointing that this band believes they are running a fair process with minimal explanation how some were able to randomly win four times to tickets valued $500 to $2000, as they are slashing prices in Euro and Oceania. Glad MSG fans can pay for their tour routing blunders.

We can agree to disagree. Remember big bold and free? No explanation. It is rare that we get a look behind the curtain. I do not think it is that complicated, as far as I know it is a random draw and some people win and some people lose. I do not think priority changed that at all. Some people got lucky and won multiple shows. Good for them and I do not think there is some conspiracy that led some to win while others lost. I do think there is a smarter way to put in your requests. Pick P1 for Philly and MSG and those are the lowest odds of winning, in fact it is a long shot. There has never been transparency to the process since it has gone digital.
  • Options
    jwhjr17jwhjr17 Posts: 1,916
    JojoRice said:
    Definitely some shadiness going on.  My ticket buddy and I put in for the same 4 shows (Seattle 1&2, Wrigley 1&2).  He went 4/4 in the lottery and I went 1/4. 
    So you're saying 2 people entered a lottery with the same choices and didn't get the same result?  Mind boggling, almost as if it was a lottery and one got luckier than the other.  How in the world could that happen?  
    1998-06-30 Mpls | 2006-07-06 Las Vegas | 2010-05-03 Kansas City | 2011-07-01 St. Louis EV | 2011-07-02 Mpls EV | 2011-09-03 PJ20
    2011-09-04 PJ20 | 2011-09-17 Winnipeg | 2012-09-30 Missoula | 2012-11-18 Tulsa EV | 2013-07-19 Chicago | 2013-11-15 Dallas
    2013-11-16 OKC | 2014-10-09 Lincoln | 2014-10-17 Moline | 2014-10-19 St. Paul | 2014-10-20 Milwaukee | 2016-08-20 Chicago
    2016-08-22 Chicago | 2018-08-18 Chicago | 2018-08-20 Chicago | 2022-05-09 Phoenix | 2022-05-20 Las Vegas | 2022-09-18 St. Louis 
    2022-09-20 OKC | 2023-08-31 St. Paul | 2023-09-02 St. Paul | **2024-05-16 Las Vegas** | **2024-05-18 Las Vegas** |
  • Options
    runstaplesrunstaples NC/WY Posts: 235
    Indy.  5am central time.
    That's a little scary. 5am and still couldn't pull it off.  :|
    Appeared to be an animal, yet so polite.
  • Options
    jwhjr17 said:
    JojoRice said:
    Definitely some shadiness going on.  My ticket buddy and I put in for the same 4 shows (Seattle 1&2, Wrigley 1&2).  He went 4/4 in the lottery and I went 1/4. 
    So you're saying 2 people entered a lottery with the same choices and didn't get the same result?  Mind boggling, almost as if it was a lottery and one got luckier than the other.  How in the world could that happen?  

It is not almost like a lottery it is a lottery. Some people get picked some do not. It has always been that way even with priority. Was your win for wrigley? 
  • Options
    JimmyVJimmyV Boston's MetroWest Posts: 18,968
    edited April 10
    Big Bold and Free was going to be a free show in the northeast to makeup for a particularly bad ticket fiasco in the early-mid 2000's. Story was told by @Rubysdad / Tim Bierman on his old radio 10c radio show. The episode where @Santos L. Halper was a guest, if anyone has recordings.

Was treated like a state secret they were revealing. 

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
  • Options
    Get_Right said:
    jwhjr17 said:
    JojoRice said:

It is not almost like a lottery it is a lottery. Some people get picked some do not. It has always been that way even with priority. Was your win for wrigley? 
    You're making my point lol
    1998-06-30 Mpls | 2006-07-06 Las Vegas | 2010-05-03 Kansas City | 2011-07-01 St. Louis EV | 2011-07-02 Mpls EV | 2011-09-03 PJ20
    2011-09-04 PJ20 | 2011-09-17 Winnipeg | 2012-09-30 Missoula | 2012-11-18 Tulsa EV | 2013-07-19 Chicago | 2013-11-15 Dallas
    2013-11-16 OKC | 2014-10-09 Lincoln | 2014-10-17 Moline | 2014-10-19 St. Paul | 2014-10-20 Milwaukee | 2016-08-20 Chicago
    2016-08-22 Chicago | 2018-08-18 Chicago | 2018-08-20 Chicago | 2022-05-09 Phoenix | 2022-05-20 Las Vegas | 2022-09-18 St. Louis 
    2022-09-20 OKC | 2023-08-31 St. Paul | 2023-09-02 St. Paul | **2024-05-16 Las Vegas** | **2024-05-18 Las Vegas** |
  • Options
    jwhjr17 said:
    Get_Right said:
    jwhjr17 said:
    JojoRice said:

You're making my point lol

Glad to support LOL ;) It really is the luck of the draw. Kind of like Vegas, the house always wins.
  • Options
    BLACK35BLACK35 Hanover, Ontario Posts: 22,510
    edited April 10
    I’ve been unlucky to date in my attempts to get tickets for Vegas. I am trying for lower bowl and nothing has popped up that I seen for lower until today. I’ve had 3 separate chances to get tickets in my cart for lower bowl area and each time I keep
    getting the U533code. I guess that means it the seller that is having issues listing the tickets, try multiple times and the same thing. Check back in 5 mins and then they are gone. Truly there is something going on
    Post edited by BLACK35 on
    2005 - London
    2009 - Toronto
    2010 - Buffalo
    2011 - Toronto 1&2
    2013 - London, Pittsburgh, Buffalo
    2014 - Cincinnati, St. Louis, Detroit
    2016 - Ft. Lauderdale, Miami, Ottawa, Toronto 1
    2018 - Fenway 1&2
    2022 - Hamilton, Toronto
    2023 - Chicago 1&2
  • Options
    SHZASHZA St. Louis, MO USA Posts: 3,357
    edited April 10
    PJNB said:

and there it is.
    "Only request tickets for shows you can definitely attend" 

This should be tattooed on our arms. You don't know if you can make it happen, don't request and wait until you can be sure. 
    Tickets will be eventually available if everyone follows along. 

Also, before anyone says "But no one will restrain themselves" - that's the mindset that is hindering the people. Just do what is ideal and you'll see.  

It’s kind of a non sequitur. Getting rid of priority doesn't have anything to do with choosing only shows you can definitely attend. If anything, getting rid of priority may just encourage choosing more shows, since you no longer can assume you’re likely to score a top-ranked show. Only select shows you can definitely attend is a more appropriate response to a question such as whether you could be selected and charged for numerous shows. And as someone else mentioned, we never truly know which shows we can "definitely" attend... 
    Post edited by SHZA on
  • Options
    GW2553GW2553 AMORICA Posts: 58
    JimmyV said:
    Big Bold and Free was going to be a free show in the northeast to makeup for a particularly bad ticket fiasco in the early-mid 2000's. Story was told by @Rubysdad / Tim Bierman on his old radio 10c radio show. The episode where @Santos L. Halper was a guest, if anyone has recordings.

Was treated like a state secret they were revealing. 
    Ha, I remember that letter that got sent out.
  • Options
    ekwiptekwipt Vancouver Posts: 386
    As a rehabilitated former sneaker junkie, I can tell you if there really are bots going after certain sections of tickets regular people have zero chance. Good bots can cart items before they even go on sale. 
  • Options
    RatherStarvedRatherStarved Posts: 4,331
    edited April 10
    Just listed a pretty good PAIR for Van2.  Section 106 row 6.  
    Post edited by RatherStarved on
    PJ: 2013: London (ON); Buffalo; 2014: Cincinnati; 2016: Sunrise, Miami, Toronto 1-2, Wrigley 2; 2018: London (UK) 1, Milan, Padova, Sea 2, Wrigley 1-2, Fenway 1-2; 2021: SHN, Ohana, Ohana Encore 1-2; 2022: LA 1-2, Phx, Oak 1-2, Fresno, Copenhagen, Hyde Park 1-2; Quebec, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto; MSG, Camden, Nashville, Louisville, St. Louis, OKC; 2023: St. Paul 1-2, Chicago 1-2; Fort Worth 2; Austin 1-2

EV Solo: 2017 Louisville and Franklin, 2018 Ohana, 2019 Innings Fest, Berlin, Düsseldorf, Dublin and Ohana; 2021 Ohana Friday (from beach) and Saturday; 2022 Earthlings Newark; 2023 Innings Fest and Benoraya 1-2.

Gutted:  London 2 2018, Sacramento 2022, Noblesville 2023
  • Options
    hihobibohihobibo Tampa, FL Posts: 1,063
    Indy.  5am central time.
    That's a little scary. 5am and still couldn't pull it off.  :|
    But for eastern time zone people willing to travel,  it's 6 am. Very reasonable time to wake up and check for tickets.  
  • Options
    The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,352
    I miss stubhub
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    mpedonempedone 540xxx - Manchester, NH Posts: 1,890
    SHZA said:
    PJNB said:

and there it is.
    "Only request tickets for shows you can definitely attend" 

This should be tattooed on our arms. You don't know if you can make it happen, don't request and wait until you can be sure. 
    Tickets will be eventually available if everyone follows along. 

Also, before anyone says "But no one will restrain themselves" - that's the mindset that is hindering the people. Just do what is ideal and you'll see.  

It’s kind of a non sequitur. Getting rid of priority doesn't have anything to do with choosing only shows you can definitely attend. If anything, getting rid of priority may just encourage choosing more shows, since you no longer can assume you’re likely to score a top-ranked show. Only select shows you can definitely attend is a more appropriate response to a question such as whether you could be selected and charged for numerous shows. And as someone else mentioned, we never truly know which shows we can "definitely" attend... 

With no priority AND F2F, there is no disincentive to putting in for as many shows as you can afford, or even multiplying your chances by putting in for the same shows as your spouse/concert buddy. Hell, I thought about it. I'm not likely to go to Chicago, but my brother-in-law lives there, and we've enjoyed the city. Why not secure tickets and sell them if the plans fall through? Seatlle? Never been. Might be cool to see PJ in their "home" city. Can always just sell them later. Fortunately, I wasn't comfortable spending that much money (and even more for travel costs) and restricted myself to realistic/local shows.

Bringing back priority and/or show-by-show draws could ease some of this, as you'd see a broader spread of people getting tickets, but you're still going to have a ton of people shut out of more in-demand shows like MSG and Seattle, and be in this same boat of fighting bots for tickets. Make 10C tickets non-transferable again and you'd see a lot fewer people putting in for 5+ shows they aren't really sure they can make. No, we're never 100% sure either way, but if you're faced with the choice to spend $350+ and maybe eat that money or just not get tickets to a show you're only 50% likely to actually attend, I would think most people would hold back. Unfortunately, that's not an option in NY, IL, CT, and CO, and it would only drive up the prices from the bots who snatch up the non-10C seats.

"I'm a lucky man, to count on both hands the [shows I've done]. Some folks just have one, others they got none..."

Hartford 10.02.96 | Mansfield 2 09.16.98 | Mansfield 1 08.29.00 | Mansfield 1 07.02.03 | Mansfield 3 07.11.03 | Boston 2 05.25.06 | Tampa 04.11.16 | Fenway 1 08.05.16 | Fenway 2 08.07.16 | Fenway 1 09.02.18 | Fenway 2 09.04.18 | Baltimore 03.28.20 | Hamilton 09.06.22 | Toronto 09.08.22 | Nashville 09.16.22 | St Louis 09.18.22

"He made the deal with the devil, we get to play with him.
    He goes to hell, of course. We're going to heaven."
  • Options
    Lerxst1992Lerxst1992 Posts: 6,166
    Has anyone in ten c been able to purchase a NE show ticket for true face value in the fan to bot? I’ve checked five shows probably a hundred times each and it seems a waste of time. No way I am beating out a bot when it takes a few seconds for the “got it” button to go away.

combine the loss of fan to fan with fan to bot, the new priority draw process and the very misleading “ten percent of inventory will be sold at market rate” fans losing out on lottery in the east are getting destroyed by these ticketing processes while some are sitting pretty with 3+ NE shows with multiple GA. And the band is nothing but crickets.
  • Options
    Has anyone in ten c been able to purchase a NE show ticket for true face value in the fan to bot? I’ve checked five shows probably a hundred times each and it seems a waste of time. No way I am beating out a bot when it takes a few seconds for the “got it” button to go away.

combine the loss of fan to fan with fan to bot, the new priority draw process and the very misleading “ten percent of inventory will be sold at market rate” fans losing out on lottery in the east are getting destroyed by these ticketing processes while some are sitting pretty with 3+ NE shows with multiple GA. And the band is nothing but crickets.
    Yes and why would the band say anything?
  • Options
    JenfarrJenfarr Posts: 643
    Yes, I got Baltimore F2F this morning.

This is how...I switched to use a CC that didn't require extra security/code to be sent, so that helped.  Also, when searching I filtered out "Standard" (Balt. added back a bunch of PJ Premium yesterday), so only F2F would show, and then just toggled between asking for 1 and 2 tickets, as there is no F5 (LOL) on the App. That avoids the "Got It" button (after the first time).
    "McCready played on, lending credence to the theory that he was actually built in Stone’s basement from spare truck parts and vinyl records." - Glide Mag. review of MSG 7/8/03
  • Options
    Jenfarr said:
    Yes, I got Baltimore F2F this morning.

This is how...I switched to use a CC that didn't require extra security/code to be sent, so that helped.  Also, when searching I filtered out "Standard" (Balt. added back a bunch of PJ Premium yesterday), so only F2F would show, and then just toggled between asking for 1 and 2 tickets, as there is no F5 (LOL) on the App. That avoids the "Got It" button (after the first time).
    What CC is there that ticketmaster wouldn't ask for the security code??
    Summerfest 7/8/95
    Missoula 6/20/98
    Alpine Valley 10/8/00 
    Champaign 4/23/03
    Alpine Valley 6/21/03
    Missoula 8/29/05
    Chicago 5/16 & 17/06
    Grand Rapids 5/19/06
    Tampa 6/12/08
    Chicago 8/23/09
    Indy 5/7/10
    Alpine Valley x2 2011
    Wrigley 2013
    Milwaukee 14
    Telluride 16
  • Options
    JenfarrJenfarr Posts: 643
    edited April 11
    No, it asks for the Security Code, but my Citi card was requiring a second security code that they texted to me and I had to put in before the sale was complete.  That happened previously about 4-5 times and I lost tickets because it took too long.
    "McCready played on, lending credence to the theory that he was actually built in Stone’s basement from spare truck parts and vinyl records." - Glide Mag. review of MSG 7/8/03
  • Options
    devonfzdevonfz Posts: 151
    Question why would a bot or Ticketmaster buy tickets for shows that can be only resold at face value?

i know New York and Chicago can be resold at any price but what about Boston? Seems like their will be plenty of tickets available at some point🤔
  • Options
    devonfz said:
    Question why would a bot or Ticketmaster buy tickets for shows that can be only resold at face value?

i know New York and Chicago can be resold at any price but what about Boston? Seems like their will be plenty of tickets available at some point🤔
    Because ticketmaster could relist them as premium tickets at a marked up price!
    Summerfest 7/8/95
    Missoula 6/20/98
    Alpine Valley 10/8/00 
    Champaign 4/23/03
    Alpine Valley 6/21/03
    Missoula 8/29/05
    Chicago 5/16 & 17/06
    Grand Rapids 5/19/06
    Tampa 6/12/08
    Chicago 8/23/09