Options

TicketMaster's Fan2Fan is now Fan2Bot

Comments

• Options
    pjl44pjl44 Posts: 8,179
    I also don't like calling them lazy when none of us know what obstacles, considerations, and/or negotiations are involved in setting up a ticket presale in 2024. Some of the things from the past that I'm pining for just may not be feasible anymore for a wide variety of reasons.
  • Options
    JimmyVJimmyV Boston's MetroWest Posts: 18,970
    edited April 7
    The 10c/PJ/TM partnership botched priority and seat assignments in 2023. In 2024, they eliminated priority AND blamed it on 10c member confusion. That was a lazy way out. 

The term gets tossed around too often here and I don't like it, either. Unfortunately, I do think it applies in this case. 
    Post edited by JimmyV on

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
  • Options
    danofundanofun Posts: 782
    edited April 7
    The rush to judgement, screams of  "bots!", and calls to blow up the F2F system are, in my opinion, rash and misguided. It's a system that is not without fault (i.e. not being able to sell at a lower that face price) but has proven to be very beneficial to real fans. On this tour, the band waited longer than usual to turn on F2F, did so for both legs of the tour simultaneously, and there has been a massive rush. It's F2F day 6 for Boom's sake! The road to these shows is a long one and I for one am glad we have the chance to either get in the building or upgrade.

I'd caution to reserve judgement until the tour has come and gone. F2F history has shown that practicing patience and persistence will be rewarded.
    Post edited by danofun on
  • Options
    BigReddBigRedd Posts: 52
    danofun said:
    The rush to judgement, screams of  "bots!", and calls to blow up the F2F system are, in my opinion, rash and misguided. The band waited longer than usual to turn on F2F, did so for both legs of the tour simultaneously, and there has been a massive rush. It's F2F day 6 for Boom's sake! The road to these shows is a long one and I for one am glad we have the chance to either get in the building or upgrade.

I'd caution to reserve judgement until the tour has come and gone. F2F history has shown that practicing patience and persistence will be rewarded.
    You are ignoring the fact that the majority of these tickets are ending up on the secondary markets. 

Patience and persistence might get some through sure but that does not change the fact it is a broken system and in no way gives fans and not scalpers a shot at the resale market. Thats a damn lie. 
  • Options
    100 Pacer100 Pacer Toronto, ON Posts: 8,600
    With respect it’s give and take and this was a perfect storm. No one complained when we were able to forward claim email to each other as we worked trades and tickets then were also non-transferable. This actually caused less demand on F2F with some being sorted behind the scenes. Coupled with the fact word spread behind the scenes prior to the PJ lottery happening that tickets would be account locked and forwarding email claims would no longer be possible. This resulted in fewer burner attempts at the lottery and fewer extras to go around. 

I would still feel confident in the process. The ticket has no real value until entry time. If you can mitigate your FOMO sit back and wait until a week before the specific show to begin working F2F rather than caving to platinum pricing. Once platinum pricing drops F2F sales stall and plenty of inventory becomes available. No one will be left out on the street outside the venue if the ultimate desire is to gain entry to the show.
    To quote the 10C from Newsletter #8: "Please understand we have a lot of members and it is very hard to please everybody. If you are one of those unhappy people...please call 1-900-IDN-TCAR."

"Me knowing the truth, I can not concur."

1996: Toronto - 1998: Chicago, Montreal, Barrie - 2000: Montreal, Toronto - 2002: Seattle X2 (Key Arena) - 2003: Cleveland, Buffalo, Toronto, Montreal, Seattle (Benaroya Hall) - 2004: Reading, Toledo, Grand Rapids - 2005: Kitchener, London, Hamilton, Montreal, Ottawa, Toronto, Quebec City - 2006: Toronto X2, Albany, Hartford, Grand Rapids, Cleveland - 2007: Chicago (Vic Theatre) - 2008: NYC X2, Hartford, Mansfield X2 - 2009: Toronto, Chicago X2, Seattle X2, Philadelphia X4 - 2010: Columbus, Noblesville, Cleveland, Buffalo, Hartford - 2011: Montreal, Toronto X2, Ottawa, Hamilton - 2012: Missoula - 2013: London, Chicago, Buffalo, Hartford - 2014: Detroit, Moline - 2015: NYC (Global Citizen Festival) - 2016: Greenville, Toronto X2, Chicago 1 - 2017: Brooklyn (RRHOF Induction) - 2018: Chicago 1, Boston 1 - 2022: Fresno, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto, NYC, Camden - 2023: St. Paul X2, Austin X2 - 2024: Vancouver X2, Portland, Sacramento, Noblesville, Philadelphia X2, Baltimore
  • Options
    BigRedd said:
    danofun said:
    The rush to judgement, screams of  "bots!", and calls to blow up the F2F system are, in my opinion, rash and misguided. The band waited longer than usual to turn on F2F, did so for both legs of the tour simultaneously, and there has been a massive rush. It's F2F day 6 for Boom's sake! The road to these shows is a long one and I for one am glad we have the chance to either get in the building or upgrade.

You are ignoring the fact that the majority of these tickets are ending up on the secondary markets. 

Patience and persistence might get some through sure but that does not change the fact it is a broken system and in no way gives fans and not scalpers a shot at the resale market. Thats a damn lie. 
    You're angry. I get it. No perfect system exists but expecting a new system to be created by TM, without additional gain, is not realistic. Every face value F2F ticket that shows up was already in the hands of a 10C member! I'll refer to my previous comment as to what is the real problem.
    danofun said:
    F2F is as fair as it's going to get for a resale ticket. Period. A better solution is going after the root of this issue, the initial sale. Bring back prioritizing show selections. Once selected, you're at the back of the line for other shows. This would allow for a much larger "winners" pool and significantly reduce the number of individuals holding tickets to multiple shows. Ultimately, that means less people dropping tickets and a less desirable target for brokers.
  • Options
    100 Pacer100 Pacer Toronto, ON Posts: 8,600
    @danofun with regards to bringing back priority selections I think that ship sailed once TicketsToday became involved in the distribution. 10C doesn’t have the resources and that’s fair but from my personal experience I never should have been able to hit the Chicago shows at the United Center last year with priorities #6 and #7 when others ranked them far higher and still lost.
    To quote the 10C from Newsletter #8: "Please understand we have a lot of members and it is very hard to please everybody. If you are one of those unhappy people...please call 1-900-IDN-TCAR."

"Me knowing the truth, I can not concur."

1996: Toronto - 1998: Chicago, Montreal, Barrie - 2000: Montreal, Toronto - 2002: Seattle X2 (Key Arena) - 2003: Cleveland, Buffalo, Toronto, Montreal, Seattle (Benaroya Hall) - 2004: Reading, Toledo, Grand Rapids - 2005: Kitchener, London, Hamilton, Montreal, Ottawa, Toronto, Quebec City - 2006: Toronto X2, Albany, Hartford, Grand Rapids, Cleveland - 2007: Chicago (Vic Theatre) - 2008: NYC X2, Hartford, Mansfield X2 - 2009: Toronto, Chicago X2, Seattle X2, Philadelphia X4 - 2010: Columbus, Noblesville, Cleveland, Buffalo, Hartford - 2011: Montreal, Toronto X2, Ottawa, Hamilton - 2012: Missoula - 2013: London, Chicago, Buffalo, Hartford - 2014: Detroit, Moline - 2015: NYC (Global Citizen Festival) - 2016: Greenville, Toronto X2, Chicago 1 - 2017: Brooklyn (RRHOF Induction) - 2018: Chicago 1, Boston 1 - 2022: Fresno, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto, NYC, Camden - 2023: St. Paul X2, Austin X2 - 2024: Vancouver X2, Portland, Sacramento, Noblesville, Philadelphia X2, Baltimore
  • Options
    Priority worked in 2023 for those that were included in the draw. They messed up with the GA/Reserved only picks not including them in the reserved draw when they missed out on GA. They then tried to fix it the next day but still messed it up not including a bunch. 

Now with no priority we have no argument that they messed up at all. We have nothing to measure against and they know that which is part of the reason I am guessing the stopped doing it. 

• Options
    100 Pacer said:
    @danofun with regards to bringing back priority selections I think that ship sailed once TicketsToday became involved in the distribution. 10C doesn’t have the resources and that’s fair but from my personal experience I never should have been able to hit the Chicago shows at the United Center last year with priorities #6 and #7 when others ranked them far higher and still lost.
    Exactly. The primary goal of any touring artist is to sell tickets to their shows. PJ has done an excellent job of getting primary sale tickets into 10C members accounts. I think the rub is the process with which that is transpiring. We can certainly voice our frustrations but providing "solutions" without knowing the limitations is a fruitless exercise. To @100 Pacer point, we are not privy to what is and is not possible within the TicketsToday partnership but there are likely limitations.

F2F is secondary, simply a bonus and many of us have benefitted from its existence.
  • Options
    danofun said:
    100 Pacer said:
    Exactly. The primary goal of any touring artist is to sell tickets to their shows. PJ has done an excellent job of getting primary sale tickets into 10C members accounts. I think the rub is the process with which that is transpiring. We can certainly voice our frustrations but providing "solutions" without knowing the limitations is a fruitless exercise. To @100 Pacer point, we are not privy to what is and is not possible within the TicketsToday partnership but there are likely limitations.

F2F is secondary, simply a bonus and many of us have benefitted from its existence.
    After looking at all of the tickets for sale on the secondary sites that is one thing I can agree with you on. 
  • Options
    CM189191CM189191 Minneapolis via Chicago Posts: 6,793
    danofun said:
    BigRedd said:
    danofun said:

You're angry. I get it. No perfect system exists but expecting a new system to be created by TM, without additional gain, is not realistic. Every face value F2F ticket that shows up was already in the hands of a 10C member! I'll refer to my previous comment as to what is the real problem.
    danofun said:
    F2F is as fair as it's going to get for a resale ticket. Period. A better solution is going after the root of this issue, the initial sale. Bring back prioritizing show selections. Once selected, you're at the back of the line for other shows. This would allow for a much larger "winners" pool and significantly reduce the number of individuals holding tickets to multiple shows. Ultimately, that means less people dropping tickets and a less desirable target for brokers.

'no perfect system exists'

What if they only sold tickets at face value at the door?

No pre-orders.  No re-sales.  No tickets.  No nothing.

Wait in line, pay money, see the show.

That, in my mind, is the perfect system.
    WI 6/27/98 WI 10/8/00 MO 10/11/00 IL 4/23/03 MN 6/26/06 MN 6/27/06 WI 6/30/06 IL 8/5/07 IL 8/21/08 (EV) IL 8/22/08 (EV) IL 8/23/09 IL 8/24/09 IN 5/7/10 IL 6/28/11 (EV) IL 6/29/11 (EV) WI 9/3/11 WI 9/4/11 IL 7/19/13 NE 10/09/14 IL 10/17/14 MN 10/19/14 FL 4/11/16 IL 8/20/16 IL 8/22/16 IL 08/18/18 IL 08/20/18 IT 07/05/2020 AT 07/07/2020
  • Options
    bootlegger10bootlegger10 Posts: 15,566
    Without the fan club many of us would be screwed trying to get tickets to shows.  I'll take what we can get, and what the do for us is pretty darn good.
  • Options
    marumarukomarumaruko Frankfurt / Calgary Posts: 108
    I think all of this is going too far. After some time I came to the conclusion that us fans are to blame to a large extent, as well. 
    Why is Frank from New York applying for tickets for Wrigley, Fenway,  MSG, and London, gets picked, then realising he can't even go, or doesn't want to go and subsequently has to sell tickets? 
    He should be able to apply for one show primarily and then will be deprioritised for all others. He can still try to go to all other shows, but not on the backs of local fans missing out due to this.
    There should be some self restraint among every one of us. 
  • Options
    gotthebottlegotthebottle San Diego Posts: 2,454
    edited April 7
    CM189191 said:
    danofun said:
    BigRedd said:
    danofun said:

danofun said:

'no perfect system exists'

What if they only sold tickets at face value at the door?

No pre-orders.  No re-sales.  No tickets.  No nothing.

Wait in line, pay money, see the show.

That, in my mind, is the perfect system.

17000 in line at arena? 
    Post edited by gotthebottle on
  • Options
    on2legson2legs Standing in the Jersey rain… Posts: 14,485
    I’ve made it to 53 shows because of the ten club.  The system may not be perfect but I’m pretty happy with it. 
    1996: Randall's Island 2  1998: East Rutherford | MSG 1 & 2  2000: Cincinnati | Columbus | Jones Beach 1, 2, & 3 | Boston 1 | Camden 1 & 2 2003: Philadelphia | Uniondale | MSG 1 & 2 | Holmdel  2005: Atlantic City 1  2006: Camden 1 | East Rutherford 1 & 2 2008: Camden 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Newark (EV)  2009: Philadelphia 1, 2 & 4  2010: Newark | MSG 1 & 2  2011: Toronto 1  2013: Wrigley Field | Brooklyn 2 | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore  2015: Central Park  2016: Philadelphia 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Fenway Park 2 | MSG (TOTD)  2017: Brooklyn (RnR HOF)  2020: MSG | Asbury Park  2021: Asbury Park  2022: MSG | Camden | Nashville  2024: MSG 1 & 2 (#50) | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore

• Options
    Get_RightGet_Right Posts: 12,479
    Tm is driving all of of this. Tm is the bot. Ticket comes up who is the first to know? Then they appear on a resale site.They take ever ticket and maximize the value. Maximize very seat up until the date of the show. Make no mistake, it is TM grabbing every seat and then squeezing the consumer. You might do ok in a smaller market, but not on the east coast.
  • Options
    pjhawkspjhawks Posts: 12,236
    Personally I think tickets won  in the 10C lottery if being put back into pool for F2F they should go back into a 10C lottery.  Lose the original lottery get wait listed and if a member is putting those tickets back they should be randomly drawn again for members,  and maybe the best way to do that is draw the new lottery only a week or two out from show so most likely winners will be local. 
  • Options
    kait0113kait0113 Utica Posts: 7
    I'm really confused because I haven't even seen Boston re-sale go up in Ticketmaster and I check daily..
  • Options
    yosiyosi NYC Posts: 2,666
    pjhawks said:
    Personally I think tickets won  in the 10C lottery if being put back into pool for F2F they should go back into a 10C lottery.  Lose the original lottery get wait listed and if a member is putting those tickets back they should be randomly drawn again for members,  and maybe the best way to do that is draw the new lottery only a week or two out from show so most likely winners will be local. 
    This is a cool idea. 
    you couldn't swing if you were hangin' from a palm tree in a hurricane

• Options
    EH14457EH14457 Orlando, FL Posts: 237
    yosi said:
    pjhawks said:
    This is a cool idea. 
    Agreed. 

Another option would be to limit F2F purchases to 10c members only. Our accounts are already linked for lottery purposes… and TM already has a mechanism in place to restrict sales to approved accounts (verified fan).

It would also help with some of the whining about value of a 10c membership if it was the only way to get access to face value resale tickets. 

10/7/96 (FL), 9/22/98 (FL), 9/23/98 (FL), 8/9/00 (FL), 8/10/00 (FL), 8/12/00 (FL), 4/11/03 (FL), 4/12/03 (FL), 4/13/03 (FL), 7/8/03 (NY), 7/9/03 (NY), 7/12/03 (PA), 7/14/03 (NJ), 10/8/04 (FL), 8/5/07 (IL), 11/27/12 (FL), 12/6/13 (WA), 4/8/16 (FL), 4/9/16 (FL), 4/11/16 (FL), 8/5/16 (MA), 8/22/16 (IL), 8/8/18 (WA), 8/10/18 (WA), 9/25/21 (CA), 9/26/21 (CA), 5/3/22 (CA), 5/12/22 (CA), 5/13/22 (CA), 9/18/23 (TX), 9/19/23 (TX), 10/23/23 (WA), 10/24/23 (WA)

• Options
    HailHailVitalogyHailHailVitalogy Posts: 4,583
    I really don’t understand the notion of putting in for shows you don’t even intend to attend. You really think people are like I’m gonna put in for Chicago even though I won’t go, just to try to trade for Fenway?

When they announce shows, I choose where I’m going. If I don’t get selected I still find a way in. In the past, yes that was through trades when we could only win pairs and not apply for singles. But mostly because of this fanbase offering extras I got in. 

Lastly, just allow us to transfer tickets directly to an email for a face value payment through TM. I have a ticket to transfer to someone, when they get the claim email, they put in their CC info for payment. TM takes a fee, ticket price goes to the person transferring.
    2003: Uniondale, MSG x2 2004: Reading | 2005: Gorge, Vancouver, Philly | 2006: East Rutherford x2, Gorge x2, Camden 1, Hartford | 2008: MSG x2, VA Beach | 2009: Philly x3 | 2010: MSG x2, Bristow | 2011: Alpine Valley x2 | 2012: MIA Philly | 2013: Wrigley, Charlottesville, Brooklyn 2 | 2014: Milan, Amsterdam 1 | 2016: MSG x2, Fenway x2, Wrigley 2 | 2018: Rome, Krakow, Berlin | 2021: Sea Hear Now | 2022: San Diego, LA x2, MSG, Camden, Nashville, St. Louis, Denver | 2023: St. Paul 1, Chicago x2, Fort Worth x2, Austin 2
  • Options
    enddemenddem Posts: 51
    Get_Right said:
    Tm is driving all of of this. Tm is the bot. Ticket comes up who is the first to know? Then they appear on a resale site.They take ever ticket and maximize the value. Maximize very seat up until the date of the show. Make no mistake, it is TM grabbing every seat and then squeezing the consumer. You might do ok in a smaller market, but not on the east coast.
    That actually makes a lot of sense, particularly since all secondary market sales require TM account surrender.
  • Options
    primussucksprimussucks Posts: 2,351
    Anybody run into this problem?  You are trying to list tickets for sale on ticketmaster but you get an error message saying "resale for this event has not been turned on by the event organizer."  Any suggestions??
    Summerfest 7/8/95
    Missoula 6/20/98
    Alpine Valley 6/26/98 & 6/27/98
    Alpine Valley 10/8/00 
    Champaign 4/23/03
    Alpine Valley 6/21/03
    Missoula 8/29/05
    Chicago 5/16 & 17/06
    Grand Rapids 5/19/06
    Summerfest 6/29/06 & 6/30/06
    Tampa 6/12/08
    Chicago 8/23/09
    Indy 5/7/10
    Alpine Valley x2 2011
    Wrigley 2013
    Milwaukee 14
    Telluride 16
  • Options
    pjl44pjl44 Posts: 8,179
    I really don’t understand the notion of putting in for shows you don’t even intend to attend. You really think people are like I’m gonna put in for Chicago even though I won’t go, just to try to trade for Fenway?

When they announce shows, I choose where I’m going. If I don’t get selected I still find a way in. In the past, yes that was through trades when we could only win pairs and not apply for singles. But mostly because of this fanbase offering extras I got in. 

Lastly, just allow us to transfer tickets directly to an email for a face value payment through TM. I have a ticket to transfer to someone, when they get the claim email, they put in their CC info for payment. TM takes a fee, ticket price goes to the person transferring.
    I think the scenarios are:

- I want GA so I create multiple accounts via family/friends and resell the extras
    - I'll go to the show(s) if I get good seats but if I don't I'll throw them back
  • Options
    Jamer196Jamer196 Posts: 349
    Got 2 screenshots, from Ticketmaster MSG tickets I couldn’t check out and Stubhub a few hours later. Exact same tickets, section row and seat numbers. 

• Options
    kaw753kaw753 Posts: 766
    pjl44 said:

- I want GA so I create multiple accounts via family/friends and resell the extras
    - I'll go to the show(s) if I get good seats but if I don't I'll throw them back
    Yeah, the late great Charlie Munger once said, "Show me the incentive and I will show you the result." If the goal is to get GA tickets, then you put in for every show you might possibly attend and see what comes up. Toss the ones you get and don't want onto F2F and the credit card points pay you to float the money for a few months.

They got rid of priority because the code wasn't actually working. That was pretty obvious last tour. I like the feature someone mentions above by just having a waitlist for 10c members who didn't get tickets in the lottery, but that is another TM feature that doesn't exist.
  • Options
    njhaley1njhaley1 Valley of the Sun Posts: 222
    Jamer196 said:
    Got 2 screenshots, from Ticketmaster MSG tickets I couldn’t check out and Stubhub a few hours later. Exact same tickets, section row and seat numbers. 

Unfortunately this is "OK" for MSG and Chicago. Now, if we can show it happens with other venues... 
  • Options
    TA243471TA243471 The Great Northwest Posts: 1,212
    pjl44 said:

I think both of those are accurate, but not the only choices.  For me, my wife and i both have accounts.  Because we had shows that we really wanted to see, we both need to put in for them, in order to have the best chance of getting any.  In 2020, we had too much luck, and had extras that we couldn't possibly use.  This time, we didn't both put in, because we were so lucky last time, and were stuck with Fan 2 Fan to get the tickets we really wanted.  We also got drawn for just what we needed for the other shows that we had decided that we would go see, if we were lucky enough to get drawn, so we will see all the shows we planned, but just had to work extra this time in order to see the shows closest to us.
    • 2006: Gorge 1
    • 2009: Seattle 1
    • 2013: Seattle
    • 2016: Wrigley 1 & 2
    • 2018: Seattle 1&2, Montana
    • 2020: San Diego, LA 1&2, Oakland 1&2
    • 2022: San Diego, LA 1&2, Fresno, Sacramento, Las Vegas, Denver
    • 2024: Vancouver 1, Portland, Las Vegas 1
  • Options
    NDJeff7NDJeff7 Posts: 205
    Been a member since 1993, so I've gotten tickets from the fan club basically every way imaginable. I don't go to a ton of shows though; I usually hit 1 or 2 each tour that are close enough to drive to so I've never had a huge problem getting tickets. This tour was completely different as I basically got shut out across the board, like lots of folks.

The biggest difference that I see this time is no more prioritizing the shows that you put in for during the lottery. People could in theory put in for every show on the tour since the market for F2F is so robust. If you have the initial funds, there was literally zero downside to putting in for every east coast show. You could keep the tickets you received and could use, and just get rid of the rest easily on F2F. 

There's only so much that the club can do; but I think going back to a priority system for the lottery has to be done. 
  • Options
    GibsonGibson Toronto Posts: 2,560
    edited April 8
    pjhawks said:
    Cool idea in theory, but there's a lot of 10C folk that aren't 100% positive that they can attend until closer to the show. So that puts a lot of fans in a position to put in for tickets, spend hundreds to thousands extra up front, just to have tickets for a show that they are 50/50 on to begin with. This whole process would create an even bigger bottleneck for fans that want tickets.

For example: I intentionally didn't put in for Wrigley due to potential work conflicts. I don't want to be excluded from the 10C 2nd lottery because I wasn't sure on day 1 if I was able to attend.
    Post edited by Gibson on
    1998: Barrie  2000: Toronto  2005: Kitchener, London, Hamilton, Toronto  2006: Toronto 1&2, Paris, Milan, Torino, Pistoia  2009: Calgary, Vancouver  2011: Canada  2013: London, Wrigley, Philly 1&2  2014: St. Louis, ACL 1, Detroit  2016: Lexington, Quebec, Ottawa, Toronto 1&2, Fenway 1&2, Wrigley 1&2  2017: EV - Louisville  2018: London 1&2, Milan, Padova, Rome, Prague, Krakow, Berlin, Wrigley 1&2, Fenway 1&2  2020: Toronto, Ottawa, Hamilton  2021: London 1&2  2022: Hamilton, Toronto  2023: Chicago 1&2, Noblesville  2024: