Options

***Official Complainers Thread***

Comments

• Options
    PJINFLAPJINFLA Posts: 679
    JBob87 said:
    PJINFLA said:
    Not loving the fact that based on the 1st two shows of this tour that 1/3 of each live show will now be preprogrammed with new songs from DM. Possibly partly because of the new video screen. I think the new lp is their best work in years but it’s not the holy grail. 9 songs per show seems a bit much especially when playing 2 shows in a city. Please go back to more diversified setlists as the tour goes on.
    Really double whammy on this tour because of playing more of the new album plus the shorter sets. 

Gigaton tour was weird with all of the cancellations/fill ins plus had so many shows cancelled, so I didn’t look at that.  

On the LB tour, on the multi night runs there was an average of 4.5 repeated songs across the run. And new album made up 21% of the setlist on those runs on any given night.  

On Backspacer tour, on the multi night runs there was an average of 4.3 repeated songs across the run. And new album made up 20% of the setlist on this runs on any given night.  

In Vancouver there were 7 repeats, more than any 2 night run on either of the previous multi night runs of album tours. The new album made up 35% of the setlist in Vancouver, by far the highest of any multi night run on album tours…previous high was 28% on the Backspacer Seattle run.  

I’m excited to hear the new songs so I’m not really upset about it. And after all it is their band and they can play what they want. But I think it’s totally fair to be disappointed if you just shelled out $800 minimum for 2 tickets in back to back nights and expected the variety PJ is accustomed to delivering.
    Interesting statistics, definitely a disturbing trend when traveling for multiple shows.
    4/22/92 St. Petersburg, 8/23/92 Orlando, 3/29/94 St. Petersburg, 10/7/96 Ft. Lauderdale, 9/8/98 East Rutherford, 9/22/98 West Palm Beach, 9/23/98 West Palm Beach, 8/9/00 West Palm Beach, 8/10/00 West Palm Beach, 8/12/00 Tampa, 4/11/03 West Palm Beach, 4/13/03 Tampa, 6/2/03 Irvine, 6/3/03 Irvine, 9/28/04 Boston, 9/29/04 Boston, 9/1/05 George WA, 9/11/05 Kitchener, 9/12/05 London, 9/13/05 Hamilton, 10/03/05 Philadelphia, 5/16/06 Chicago, 5/17/06 Chicago, 6/23/06 Pittsburgh, 6/24/06 Cincinnati, 6/11/08, West Palm Beach, 6/12/08 Tampa, 6/19/08 Camden, 6/20/08 Camden, 8/23/09 Chicago, 8/24/09 Chicago, 10/27/09 Philadelphia, 10/28/09 Philadelphia, 10/30/09 Philadelphia, 10/31/09 Philadelphia, 5/18/10 New Jersey, 5/20/10 New York, 5/21/10 New York, 9/3/11 East Troy, 9/4/11 East Troy, 9/11/11 Toronto, 9/12/11 Toronto, 9/02/12 Philadelphia, 9/21/12 Pensacola, 7/19/13 Chicago, 10/18/13 Brooklyn, 10/19/13 Brooklyn, 11/23/13 LA, 10/24/13 LA, 11/16/13 Oklahoma City, 10/1/14 Cincinnati, 10/20/14 Milwaukee, 10/22/14 Denver, 4/8/16 Ft. Lauderdale, 4/9/16 Miami, 4/11/16 Tampa, 5/1/16 New York, 5/2/16 New York, 8/5/16 Boston, 8/7/16 Boston, 8/20/16 Chicago, 8/22/16 Chicago, 4/07/17 New York, 8/08/18 Seattle, 8/10/18 Seattle, 8/20/18 Chicago
    9/02/18 Boston, 9/04/18 Boston, 9/11/22 New York, 9/16/22 Nashville, 9/22/22 Denver, 8/31/23, St. Paul, 9/2/23 St. Paul, 9/18/23 Austin, 9/19/23 Austin
  • Options
    MikeDigsMikeDigs Santa Monica, CA Posts: 345
    edited May 8
    I got bugs on my window
    Post edited by MikeDigs on
  • Options
    thirdbeachthirdbeach Posts: 68
    popping on the Pearl Jam forum and seeing the names Taylor Swift and Billie Ellish.  WTF
  • Options
    lastexitlondonlastexitlondon Posts: 12,173
    Agreed 
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

this song is meant to be called i got shit,itshould be called i got shit tickets-hartford 06 -
  • Options
    BF25394BF25394 Posts: 3,518
    popping on the Pearl Jam forum and seeing the names Taylor Swift and Billie Ellish.  WTF
    If you're bothered by this, but wouldn't be bothered about people talking about, say, Joni Mitchell on a Pearl Jam message board, then you need to get more familiar with the work of these younger artists.
    I gather speed from you fucking with me.
  • Options
    YAKIMATSUYAKIMATSU Santa Fe Posts: 627
    I can't seem to get a GA upgrade for LV 1 or 2.  WTF?
  • Options
    schaefferlaxschaefferlax Posts: 178
    BF25394 said:
    If you're bothered by this, but wouldn't be bothered about people talking about, say, Joni Mitchell on a Pearl Jam message board, then you need to get more familiar with the work of these younger artists.
    Let's be real, the artists he named are straight trash. Awful music.
    Wrigley 7/19/2013
    Philadelphia 10/22/2013
    Baltimore 10/27/2013
    Hampton 4/18/2016
    Ft. Worth 9/13/2023
    Ft. Worth 9/15/2023
  • Options
    Abe FromanAbe Froman Posts: 5,107
    I fucking despise Taylor Swift and Billie Eilish. Horrible. 
  • Options
    Amen
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

this song is meant to be called i got shit,itshould be called i got shit tickets-hartford 06 -
  • Options
    Spiritual_ChaosSpiritual_Chaos Posts: 29,197
    Going to the Taylor Swift concert on sunday. Will be lovely. 
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • Options
    edited May 13
    Going to the lovely Taylor Swift concert on sunday. Will be lovely lovely. 
    Post edited by Spiritual_Chaos on
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • Options
    BF25394 said:
    Going to the super lovely Taylor Swift concert on sunday. Will be mega lovely and then even more lovely 64. 
  • Options
    tempo_n_groovetempo_n_groove Posts: 39,124
    Amen
    Booo.  Both are pretty dang good...
  • Options
    Kearn5yKearn5y Ireland Posts: 2,707
    Going to the lovely Taylor Swift concert on sunday. Will be lovely lovely. 
    Hopefully you enjoy the show. I desperately need 2 more tickets for the last Dublin show. 
    Kearnsy
  • Options
    Abe FromanAbe Froman Posts: 5,107
    Have fun!  To each their own. 
    I think their music and personalities suck. 
  • Options
    I think Dua Lipa is pretty cool in terms of pop artists.  But I wouldn't expect her to be discussed in the Pearl Jam forum.
    Hope you enjoy your concerts though.  Fun times with multiple awesome tours going on.  I'm excited only one week until I see Pearl Jam in LA.  Oops, gotta put it in complaint form...  I have to wait a whole week to see Pearl Jam live.
  • Options
    Johnny AbruzzoJohnny Abruzzo Philly Posts: 10,579
    I haven't seen Last Exit and they just played it in Portland. WAAAAHHHHH
    Spectrum 10/27/09; New Orleans JazzFest 5/1/10; Made in America 9/2/12; WF Center 10/21/13; WF Center 10/22/13;
    Baltimore Arena 10/27/13; WF Center 4/28/16; WF Center 4/29/16; Fenway Park 8/7/16; Fenway Park 9/2/18;
    Asbury Park 9/18/21; Camden 9/14/22; Las Vegas 5/16/24

Tres Mtns - TLA 3/23/11; EV - Tower Theatre 6/25/11; Temple of the Dog - Tower Theatre 11/5/16
  • Options
    I love me some live last exit
    Oops that isn't a complaint 
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

• Options
    BF25394 said:
    You're not actually being real. Your opinion is actually outside the mainstream. These are critically acclaimed and massively commercial successful artists. It's O.K. that you don't like them, but calling them "straight trash" is objectively ridiculous.
  • Options
    MikeDigs said:
    I think Dua Lipa is pretty cool in terms of pop artists.  But I wouldn't expect her to be discussed in the Pearl Jam forum.
    Hope you enjoy your concerts though.  Fun times with multiple awesome tours going on.  I'm excited only one week until I see Pearl Jam in LA.  Oops, gotta put it in complaint form...  I have to wait a whole week to see Pearl Jam live.
    Dua Lipa is fantastic. But, again, why wouldn't you expect other musical artists to be discussed here. Pearl Jam themselves routinely talk about other artists, including Eddie and Jeff both recently talking publicly about Taylor Swift, for whom they had only praise.
  • Options
    Taylor Swift is one of the most genuinely nice people you could ever meet, but whatever.
  • Options
    iOnlyownMymindiOnlyownMymind Posts: 2,570
    and was a little rough! 
  • Options
    Johnny AbruzzoJohnny Abruzzo Philly Posts: 10,579
    and was a little rough! 
    Maybe they have to do it again to get it right. (haha)
    Spectrum 10/27/09; New Orleans JazzFest 5/1/10; Made in America 9/2/12; WF Center 10/21/13; WF Center 10/22/13;
    Baltimore Arena 10/27/13; WF Center 4/28/16; WF Center 4/29/16; Fenway Park 8/7/16; Fenway Park 9/2/18;
    Asbury Park 9/18/21; Camden 9/14/22; Las Vegas 5/16/24

Tres Mtns - TLA 3/23/11; EV - Tower Theatre 6/25/11; Temple of the Dog - Tower Theatre 11/5/16
  • Options
    schaefferlaxschaefferlax Posts: 178
    BF25394 said:
    Taylor Swift is one of the most genuinely nice people you could ever meet, but whatever.
    Based on what exactly? Greedy, pollutes the planet with her completely unnecessary private jet use, and makes terrible corporate music. What a gem!
    Wrigley 7/19/2013
    Philadelphia 10/22/2013
    Baltimore 10/27/2013
    Hampton 4/18/2016
    Ft. Worth 9/13/2023
    Ft. Worth 9/15/2023
  • Options
    EddieredderEddieredder Posts: 729
    edited May 14
    BF25394 said:
    Based on what exactly? Greedy, pollutes the planet with her completely unnecessary private jet use, and makes terrible corporate music. What a gem!
    Not a fan of hers. But she gave out $55 mm in bonuses to her tour workers. Six figure bonus? That doesn't spell greed to me. Thats life changing generosity.
  • Options
    HaijayHaijay Posts: 336
    BF25394 said:
    Not a fan of hers. But she gave out $55 mm in bonuses to her tour workers. Six figure bonus? That doesn't spell greed to me. Thats life changing generosity.
    I think they were 100k. Hardly life changing, but certainly a nice chunk of change. Even after the tax man………
  • Options
    EddieredderEddieredder Posts: 729
    Glad you are doing so well. Thats gonna depend on the person. I'd think thats pretty nice for a behind the scenes service worker. 
  • Options
    gotthebottlegotthebottle San Diego Posts: 2,458
    BF25394 said:
    This
  • Options
    BF25394 said:
    MikeDigs said:
    Dua Lipa is fantastic. But, again, why wouldn't you expect other musical artists to be discussed here. Pearl Jam themselves routinely talk about other artists, including Eddie and Jeff both recently talking publicly about Taylor Swift, for whom they had only praise.
    I didn't say I don't expect other artists.  I said I don't expect other pop artists.  I'd fully expect same genre discussions
  • Options
    droptheleash9droptheleash9 Posts: 1,353
    I didn't think if you drew a venn diagram of Pearl Jam fans and Dua Lipa fans there would be any overlap but seems like there's at least 1 person