Options

Dark matter shipping label printed!

Comments

• Options
    elvistheking44elvistheking44 Posts: 4,242
    edited April 18
    BF25394 said:
    I plan on streaming the album tomorrow….on release day….and then picking up the vinyl on RSD. The fancy color variant will sound no different and the artwork will be similar. The whole preorder of an album that will be available to stream is such an outdated process.  Do people not have anywhere to stream music from?  Is vinyl your only way of hearing music?
    Some of us are talking about CDs. Some of us order directly from the band to ensure that the band gets a greater share of the money. And, yes, some of us do not stream. For me, streaming means sitting at my computer playing YouTube videos. I want to put the CD on my stereo and blast it in SurroundSound in my living room, and play it in my car's CD player with virtual SurroundSound and where no one can complain about how loud I have it.
    So go to the store and buy it tomorrow. Your stereo does not have Bluetooth? The band gets the money wherever you buy it.
    Post edited by elvistheking44 on
  • Options
    BF25394BF25394 Posts: 3,331
    BF25394 said:
    I plan on streaming the album tomorrow….on release day….and then picking up the vinyl on RSD. The fancy color variant will sound no different and the artwork will be similar. The whole preorder of an album that will be available to stream is such an outdated process.  Do people not have anywhere to stream music from?  Is vinyl your only way of hearing music?
    Some of us are talking about CDs. Some of us order directly from the band to ensure that the band gets a greater share of the money. And, yes, some of us do not stream. For me, streaming means sitting at my computer playing YouTube videos. I want to put the CD on my stereo and blast it in SurroundSound in my living room, and play it in my car's CD player with virtual SurroundSound and where no one can complain about how loud I have it.
    So go to the store and buy it tomorrow. Your stereo does not have Bluetooth? The band gets the money wherever you buy it.

The band sells the album at a wholesale price to retailers; some of that price goes to the distributor, and the band does not get the retailer's markup, which goes to the retailer. When the band sells directly to the consumer, it retains all of the proceeds from the sales. The band will net less than five dollars for a sale of the CD by a retailer but gets $17.98 when you buy it directly from the Ten Club. For the LP, the wholesale price is higher, but so is the DTC price, so it's the same idea.

No, my stereo does not have Bluetooth. I don't even know what that means in this context.
    I gather speed from you fucking with me.
  • Options
    jimjam1982jimjam1982 AZ Posts: 1,242
    edited April 18
    BF25394 said:
    That is the discussion. Welcome to the party.  They delay shipping so you go buy a 2nd copy. While not truly a racket in the legal sense - it is a poor way of conducting business for your most loyal fans and shady by nature - which is often referred to as a racket in jest. 

At the end of the day, valuable lesson for me, was a first time ordering a new album from 10c. Won't do it again.  I rip them open and play them so don't care about variants. 
  • Options
    BF25394 said:
    That is the discussion. Welcome to the party.  They delay shipping so you go buy a 2nd copy. While not truly a racket in the legal sense - it is a poor way of conducting business for your most loyal fans and shady by nature - which is often referred to as a racket in jest. 
    "They delay shipping" implies that a deliberate decision was made not to ship these items sooner. I do not believe that is what happened. I think that they either were unable to fulfill a large number of orders with limited staffing, or they did not receive the items from the manufacturer when they expected them, or there was an issue with the shipping itself. Neither the members of the band nor the people working for them are as Machiavellian as some people here-- their biggest fans, in theory-- seem eager to believe.
  • Options
    elvistheking44elvistheking44 Posts: 4,242
    BF25394 said:
    BF25394 said:

The band sells the album at a wholesale price to retailers; some of that price goes to the distributor, and the band does not get the retailer's markup, which goes to the retailer. When the band sells directly to the consumer, it retains all of the proceeds from the sales. The band will net less than five dollars for a sale of the CD by a retailer but gets $17.98 when you buy it directly from the Ten Club. For the LP, the wholesale price is higher, but so is the DTC price, so it's the same idea.

No, my stereo does not have Bluetooth. I don't even know what that means in this context.
    The band will be alright without your extra $9. I guess I just assume you have one of the multiple streaming services available in our world, you could connect to your stereo/car and play the album….on release day.
  • Options
    tribejammer05tribejammer05 W'Ville, OH Posts: 696
    edited April 18
    I checked the shipping for my Deluxe CD. It left Seattle at 1:11am on 4/17. As of 12:30 this afternoon it says arrived at the local UPS hub in Central Ohio and is en route to USPS. 
    Post edited by tribejammer05 on
    "There's a $10,000 bill in it for you."
    "Oh yeah? Which president's on it?"
    "Uh, all of them. They're having a party. Jimmy Carter's passed out on the couch."

Columbus 2000
    Columbus 2003
    Hershey 2003
    Toledo 2004
    Cincinnati 2006
    Chicago/Lollapalooza 2007
    Columbus 2010
    Chicago/Wrigley 2013
    Pittsburgh 2013
    Portland 2013
    Cincinnati 2014
  • Options
    BF25394 said:
    BF25394 said:

The band will be alright without your extra $9. I guess I just assume you have one of the multiple streaming services available in our world, you could connect to your stereo/car and play the album….on release day.
    I already told you I don't have any streaming services. Nor do I have any way to connect one to my stereo or car even if I did.

It's not a question of the band "being alright." It's a matter of wanting to compensate the band as fully as I can for their art and the hard work that goes into creating it. They are my favorite band. The value I have received over the past 30 years from this band's music and tours, and the friendships and other relationships that I have enjoyed because of a shared connection to their music is far outstripped by the money I have given them. I am happy to pay them well for what they do. They deserve it.
  • Options
    jimjam1982jimjam1982 AZ Posts: 1,242
    edited April 18
    BF25394 said:
    BF25394 said:
    "They delay shipping" implies that a deliberate decision was made not to ship these items sooner. I do not believe that is what happened. I think that they either were unable to fulfill a large number of orders with limited staffing, or they did not receive the items from the manufacturer when they expected them, or there was an issue with the shipping itself. Neither the members of the band nor the people working for them are as Machiavellian as some people here-- their biggest fans, in theory-- seem eager to believe.
    That's where we disagree.  Logistics are incredibly simple in 2024. You act like PJ and 10c are operating off 1990 equipment and tech.  You know 10c doesn't press the vinyl themselves right?  Santos isn't like out back melting plastic to press into a record.  They take pre-orders and turn in the number to the vendor. The vendor fulfils the order or 10c gets discounts/rebates for failure to execute/breach of contract.

150% all these records are sitting in 10c warehouse and they just didn't show up to work to ship them in time. 

• Options
    mpedonempedone 540xxx - Manchester, NH Posts: 1,873
    BF25394 said:
    BF25394 said:
    This. All of this. Ordering directly from the band will NEVER be as fast as ordering from someplace like Amazon. Different organizational structures. One is built to handle this demand, the other is a band/artist. 
    "I'm a lucky man, to count on both hands the [shows I've done]. Some folks just have one, others they got none..."

Hartford 10.02.96 | Mansfield 2 09.16.98 | Mansfield 1 08.29.00 | Mansfield 1 07.02.03 | Mansfield 3 07.11.03 | Boston 2 05.25.06 | Tampa 04.11.16 | Fenway 1 08.05.16 | Fenway 2 08.07.16 | Fenway 1 09.02.18 | Fenway 2 09.04.18 | Baltimore 03.28.20 | Hamilton 09.06.22 | Toronto 09.08.22 | Nashville 09.16.22 | St Louis 09.18.22

"He made the deal with the devil, we get to play with him.
    He goes to hell, of course. We're going to heaven."
  • Options
    mpedone said:
    bootleg said:
    NewJPage said:
    My dad just received cd from Amazon 
    Amazon 15 dollars cheaper and a day early.
    I can still order one today and Amazon said it will be here tomorrow....hear that 10club?
    Yeah, Ten Club! Be more like the massive multi-national corporation that specializes in expedited shipping! Why is this so hard for a band fan club to manage?? Where are the Ten Club delivery vans? Ten Club regional warehouses? Slackers! 
    actually they could have hired Amazon to deliver these instead of Mail Incompetence but you know its about money not fans 
    So, we want them to outsource *another* thing to a massive corporation? It's worked well for tickets! 
    "I'm a lucky man, to count on both hands the [shows I've done]. Some folks just have one, others they got none..."

Hartford 10.02.96 | Mansfield 2 09.16.98 | Mansfield 1 08.29.00 | Mansfield 1 07.02.03 | Mansfield 3 07.11.03 | Boston 2 05.25.06 | Tampa 04.11.16 | Fenway 1 08.05.16 | Fenway 2 08.07.16 | Fenway 1 09.02.18 | Fenway 2 09.04.18 | Baltimore 03.28.20 | Hamilton 09.06.22 | Toronto 09.08.22 | Nashville 09.16.22 | St Louis 09.18.22

• Options
    Vedd HeddVedd Hedd Posts: 4,495
    edited April 18
    BF25394 said:

At the end of the day, valuable lesson for me, was a first time ordering a new album from 10c. Won't do it again.  I rip them open and play them so don't care about variants. 
    I have ordered every album directly from the 10C since Riot Act and I have never gotten one late.   Gigaton I got on the exact release date.  Everything else I got early. 

And I suspect that some people will get their tomorrow, and many will get theirs before Monday.   And I already got the downloads for the singles, so the rest should come today/tomorrow. 
    Near to death.
    Here to die.
    Scared alive.
  • Options
    BF25394 said:
    BF25394 said:
    That's where we disagree.  Logistics are incredibly simple in 2024. You act like PJ and 10c are operating off 1990 equipment and tech.  You know 10c doesn't press the vinyl themselves right?  Santos isn't like out back melting plastic to press into a record.  They take pre-orders and turn in the number to the vendor. The vendor fulfils the order or 10c gets discounts/rebates for failure to execute/breach of contract.

150% all these records are sitting in 10c warehouse and they just didn't show up to work to ship them in time. 

I'm not acting like anything. You're making my point. The Ten Club is beholden to other people, a manufacturer on the front end, and a shipping company on the back end. You acknowledge that the manufacturer can fall short of fulfilling the contract. There are a number of reasons why this can happen. No one should be unaware after the experience of the last few years of the fragility of the supply chain. If there was a failure to timely deliver by the manufacturer, and penalties for that failure, we are not privy to that information. You're just assuming that didn't happen, and jumping to the conclusion that something sinister happened.

There seem to be a lot of people who assume malign motives on the part of the band and the people who work for the band, including those who run this fan club. If you are so sure that they're all just corrupt capitalists out to squeeze every dollar out of you-- despite a three-decade track record of looking out for their fans-- why do you continue to give them money to belong to this supposedly corrupt organization?
  • Options
    I also don't get what the big deal is here. The pre-order page states, "ORDERS WILL SHIP ON OR BEFORE RELEASE DATE", nothing about "You'll have the album ON release day". It'll be in most mailboxes on Monday. Three calendar days (and really, ONE shipping day; yes, USPS delivers on Saturday, but in my experience, they usually don't deliver packages on Saturday). Oh no, the horror of having to wait three days to spin a disc!

As for the band taking pre-orders and then sitting on them so that we have to go out and buy the album... No, that's not what's happening. The mail will come when it comes. If you go out and buy another copy because you can't wait three days, that's on you, not the band.

• Options
    My date now shows 4/19, so it’s a big improvement from Monday!
  • Options
    AmantriaAmantria Posts: 369
    Why couldn't they have sent them out a couple days earlier to those geographically farther away.  Theyve been using mail innovations for a long time.  I feel like they should know approximately how long it will take to arrive at this point.   I'm used to 10c orders taking forever.  Honestly I'm not at all surprised that I'll get mine next week.  I just feel like there's SOMETHING that could've been done to mitigate the late arrival. 
    Its good to be back!!
  • Options
    mca47mca47 Posts: 13,257
    Just checked mine, and it hasn't moved an inch.  Zero clue when it will arrive.  
  • Options
    jmeluginjmelugin Posts: 34
    So…don’t post here often, but I’ve been in the Ten Club since 98. I have always ordered new releases from 10C. Many times I’ve had (at least) the cd a day early or on release day (not always, but more times than not).

Since the “resurgence” of vinyl, I will order whatever variant is being released through 10C (with no expectation of delivery date). As far as day 1, I always assume if I want a physical copy…go to your local shop (or big box store if no shop is local). 

Amazon is reliable. If you want to guarantee a copy on day 1, pre-order there (next time).

Having said that…you people are loosing site of the fact that our favorite band is still making music! And it’s accessible to everyone, no matter where you are! Yes, I have to wait for my vinyl(s) to get here, but I’ll be damned if I won’t be reclined, steaming Dark Matter tonight at midnight! 

Love to you all, and I hope even if you don’t have a physical copy yet (as I won’t till next week), you’ll be rocking out DM with me tonight!
  • Options
    jmelugin said:
    So…don’t post here often, but I’ve been in the Ten Club since 98. I have always ordered new releases from 10C. Many times I’ve had (at least) the cd a day early or on release day (not always, but more times than not).

Since the “resurgence” of vinyl, I will order whatever variant is being released through 10C (with no expectation of delivery date). As far as day 1, I always assume if I want a physical copy…go to your local shop (or big box store if no shop is local). 

Amazon is reliable. If you want to guarantee a copy on day 1, pre-order there (next time).

Having said that…you people are loosing site of the fact that our favorite band is still making music! And it’s accessible to everyone, no matter where you are! Yes, I have to wait for my vinyl(s) to get here, but I’ll be damned if I won’t be reclined, steaming Dark Matter tonight at midnight! 

Love to you all, and I hope even if you don’t have a physical copy yet (as I won’t till next week), you’ll be rocking out DM with me tonight!
    I don't think anyone's losing sight of anything. We're excited about the new music and don't want to wait any longer than necessary for it. We've had April 19 circled on our calendars for over two months and it was reasonable to expect that our orders would have arrived by that date. It's annoying that they haven't. It won't diminish my excitement when it finally gets here.
  • Options
    My label was printed on April 2 and there are no additional updates. I feel this has happened before from stuff I have gotten from Ten Club. So I am kind of expecting it to show up tomorrow. Or whenever it gets here. 
  • Options
    jmeluginjmelugin Posts: 34
    BF25394 said:
    jmelugin said:

I don't think anyone's losing sight of anything. We're excited about the new music and don't want to wait any longer than necessary for it. We've had April 19 circled on our calendars for over two months and it was reasonable to expect that our orders would have arrived by that date. It's annoying that they haven't. It won't diminish my excitement when it finally gets here.
    You’re right. It is annoying. Guess I’m just excited! I haven’t listened to anything but the singles so far. Can’t wait for midnight!!
  • Options
    Hawk123Hawk123 Posts: 2,002
    Saw this on Reddit, looks so good

• Options
    AA295481AA295481 Posts: 100
    edited April 19
    Hawk123 said:

The top one, i'm not sure of the angle the pic is taken, but it looks like it has a scratch running across it. but the one on the bottom is sweet
    Post edited by AA295481 on
  • Options
    KwienekeKwieneke Indiana Posts: 1,249
    Hawk123 said:

More of a purple/grape look than i expected. Looks great though
    Noblesville 5.7.2010. Lexington 4.26.2016. Nashville 9.16.2022. St Louis 9.18.2022.
    Chicago 1 9.5.2023. Chicago 2 9.7.2023. 
    *Noblesville 9.10.2023* (Gutted) 
  • Options
    I just got an email with a download for the whole album.
  • Options
    I knew this download was coming, but I totally forgot that I can burn it to a CD once I download it.
  • Options
    anakin_pdxanakin_pdx Posts: 389
    My deluxe cd/blu-ray original estimate was Monday, but my local post office has it and I'll get it tomorrow (Portland, OR area).  Listening to the digital from the club tonight, and will listen to the Atmos mix tomorrow. 
  • Options
    demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 87,910
    Hawk123 said:

• Options
    xnothingmanxxnothingmanx Suffolk UK Posts: 191
    Anyone heard anything from the UK store in regards to dispatch?
    Wembley 00 (Night 1)Cardiff 00 Astoria 06 Jools Holland Recording 06 (I met Ed!)Reading 06 Katowice 07 Wembley 07 Shepherds Bush 09 O2 London 09 Hard Rock Calling 10 Manchester 12 Night 1 and 2
  • Options
    CornishManCornishMan Cornwall, UK Posts: 442
    Anyone heard anything from the UK store in regards to dispatch?
    Came on here to ask the exact same question.  Not even a shipping email. I think the chances of it arriving today are slim to none.

Also ordered the red version direct from 10C.  Fully expected that to be late coming across the pond.  But ordered the clear version as well from their UK link assuming that would arrive on time.  Bit gutted to be honest as I wanted to experience it on viny with the liner notes in hand on my first listen.
    London #1 2000, Reading 2006, London 2007, London 2009, London 2010, Manchester #1 2012, Manchester #2 2012, Manchester 2012 (EV), Milton Keynes 2014, London #2 2017 (EV), London #1 2018, London #2 2018, London #1 2022, London #2 2022.
  • Options
    AmantriaAmantria Posts: 369
    I didnt know we got that. I'm happy I can listen in full in some way.  Definitely offsets the fact that the record will be late, at least for me.
    Its good to be back!!