Options

Dark matter shipping label printed!

Comments

• Options
    JL95453JL95453 Posts: 6
    From 
    BF25394 :
    With respect to the comment about listening "properly on vinyl," I am just curious about whether that person is one of the relatively few people who, like me, purchased every Pearl Jam title on vinyl upon its release from Vitalogy through Vault 10 (although, in my case, it wasn't because I think the listening experience is better on vinyl; I bought Vitalogy on vinyl because it meant I could hear it two weeks early, and then I liked having the artwork and liner notes in a larger size), or whether they are a latter-day convert to the cult of vinyl, because the reality is that the vast majority of Pearl Jam fans (and music fans in general) were not buying vinyl records from roughly 1990 through 2010, and yet somehow they were experiencing and enjoying music. Ten wasn't even released on vinyl in the U.S. in 1991, and there was no outcry from the millions of fans who embraced it in the first two years of its release. How do I know that relatively few people were buying Pearl Jam LPs during that time? Because I can see what Lost Dogs and Vault 3 sell for on Discogs. Those astronomical prices are due to scarcity, a scarcity which doesn't exist for titles like MTV Unplugged, which came out in 2019 after vinyl had proliferated. (Over 25,000 people have MTV Unplugged in their collections on Discogs; about 1,500 have Lost Dogs.)

It is definitely not an example of great customer service. Like I said, they should have had a better plan for dealing with this. Maybe they should have hired a temp to help get these orders out the door if it was going to be too much for Santos and whomever else he may have helping him (Santa's Little Helper's helper?).
    Regarding "listening properly on vinyl" - vinyl listening is an experience, and my personal preference.  Like most of you here, I'm just a middle-aged dude who likes what he likes, and yes, have been one of the early PJ loyalists who started buying vinyl with the release of VItalogy.  Any gripe about getting the vinyl late is due to being bummed that you cannot enjoy that "experience" of pouring through the art, lyrics, etc.  It's a missed opportunity, timed with the rare release of new tunes - I think that's what makes everyone sour about this situation.  And I think that's fair. 
    I'll personally offer my services to PJ for the next record - I'll manage the logistics plan for the release, they just need to ensure I get the first copy as compensation.    
  • Options
    ComeToTXComeToTX Austin Posts: 7,591
    Delivered in ATX
    This show, another show, a show here and a show there.
  • Options
    mca47mca47 Posts: 13,257
    Pushed another day.
  • Options
    wbutler29wbutler29 Posts: 912
    Still waiting on red marble. Did they include cd/blue-ray in album package or are they separate? 
  • Options
    SM187650SM187650 Canada Posts: 707
    Anyone get their tenclub version in Canada yet? 
  • Options
    BF25394BF25394 Posts: 3,371
    JL95453 said:
    From 
    BF25394 :
    With respect to the comment about listening "properly on vinyl," I am just curious about whether that person is one of the relatively few people who, like me, purchased every Pearl Jam title on vinyl upon its release from Vitalogy through Vault 10 (although, in my case, it wasn't because I think the listening experience is better on vinyl; I bought Vitalogy on vinyl because it meant I could hear it two weeks early, and then I liked having the artwork and liner notes in a larger size), or whether they are a latter-day convert to the cult of vinyl, because the reality is that the vast majority of Pearl Jam fans (and music fans in general) were not buying vinyl records from roughly 1990 through 2010, and yet somehow they were experiencing and enjoying music. Ten wasn't even released on vinyl in the U.S. in 1991, and there was no outcry from the millions of fans who embraced it in the first two years of its release. How do I know that relatively few people were buying Pearl Jam LPs during that time? Because I can see what Lost Dogs and Vault 3 sell for on Discogs. Those astronomical prices are due to scarcity, a scarcity which doesn't exist for titles like MTV Unplugged, which came out in 2019 after vinyl had proliferated. (Over 25,000 people have MTV Unplugged in their collections on Discogs; about 1,500 have Lost Dogs.)

It is definitely not an example of great customer service. Like I said, they should have had a better plan for dealing with this. Maybe they should have hired a temp to help get these orders out the door if it was going to be too much for Santos and whomever else he may have helping him (Santa's Little Helper's helper?).
    Regarding "listening properly on vinyl" - vinyl listening is an experience, and my personal preference.  Like most of you here, I'm just a middle-aged dude who likes what he likes, and yes, have been one of the early PJ loyalists who started buying vinyl with the release of VItalogy.  Any gripe about getting the vinyl late is due to being bummed that you cannot enjoy that "experience" of pouring through the art, lyrics, etc.  It's a missed opportunity, timed with the rare release of new tunes - I think that's what makes everyone sour about this situation.  And I think that's fair. 
    I'll personally offer my services to PJ for the next record - I'll manage the logistics plan for the release, they just need to ensure I get the first copy as compensation.    
    The CD also has the artwork and lyrics, for what it's worth.

I have consistently said that this was poorly done and that it is reasonable for people to be annoyed, so we're not in disagreement on that.

I have also bought everything Pearl Jam released on vinyl from Vitalogy through Vault 10 (and went back and got Vs. and Ten), though not primarily for listening. The CD will always be my preferred format for several reasons, including sound, portability and continuity. Anyway, to each their own. My preference is not better than your preference. But I'm wondering what you did with every other album you bought during that roughly twenty-year period when most albums were not being issued on vinyl. Did you not enjoy music during this period because you couldn't listen to it "properly"?
    I gather speed from you fucking with me.
  • Options
    Moffat12Moffat12 Posts: 25
    SM187650 said:
    No, no delivery date yet either 
  • Options
    Travels WithTravels With Posts: 550
    I bought through tenclub.  Originally my date said Tuesday and I thought...well....that's close enough... Just checked my tracking.  It now says Friday.  Exactly one week after release.  So that's pretty lame.  
    “I suppose our capacity for self-delusion is boundless.” ― John Steinbeck, Travels with Charley: In Search of America
  • Options
    llamasrawesumllamasrawesum Auckland, NZ Posts: 31
    Moffat12 said:
    SM187650 said:
    No, no delivery date yet either 
    Mine is headed to New Zealand and same, it hasn't even moved. I'm thinking it's still sitting in the warehouse and hasn't even been picked up yet.
  • Options
    AmantriaAmantria Posts: 369
    Ooof....mine now says no location on the tracking and got bumped to Monday. What the hell???
    Its good to be back!!
  • Options
    retroretro Posts: 116
    Jimmi said:
    Hub. said:
    EMC77 said:
    Has anybody in Europe, who pre-ordered the 10C vinyl variant, had any news about the shipping? Mine still says "order information received" since the 3rd of April

Same here.
    And same here. I've asked 10C for an update. They said all preorders have shipped and we'll receive shipping confirmation when the order has been scanned. 

Same here, no entry in Order Information, because i payed with applepay. An no shipping email, same answer from 10c.
  • Options
    LukinFanLukinFan Florida Posts: 29,011
    Received mine only a day after the estimated delivery date. Not bad for the 10c
    www.RLMcDaniel.com

1996: Ft Lauderdale
    1998: Birmingham
    2000: Charlotte, Tampa
    2003: Tampa, Atlanta, Phoenix
    2004: Kissimmee
    2008: West Palm Beach, Bonnaroo, Columbia
    2010: MSG2
    2012: Music Midtown
    2014: Memphis
    2016: Ft. Lauderdale, Miami, Jacksonville, JazzFest
    2018: Wrigley 1, Fenway 1
    2022: Nashville
    2023: Ft. Worth II
  • Options
    LukinFanLukinFan Florida Posts: 29,011
    PJINFLA said:
    After mine didn't arrive yesterday it now says Friday for delivery. Weak!
    Where are you in FL? Mine arrived in Jacksonville yesterday 
    www.RLMcDaniel.com

1996: Ft Lauderdale
    1998: Birmingham
    2000: Charlotte, Tampa
    2003: Tampa, Atlanta, Phoenix
    2004: Kissimmee
    2008: West Palm Beach, Bonnaroo, Columbia
    2010: MSG2
    2012: Music Midtown
    2014: Memphis
    2016: Ft. Lauderdale, Miami, Jacksonville, JazzFest
    2018: Wrigley 1, Fenway 1
    2022: Nashville
    2023: Ft. Worth II
  • Options
    rw160510rw160510 Posts: 913
    This reminds me of waiting for Lightning Bolt to arrive here in the uk. It was several weeks after release date that it arrived. 
  • Options
    jimjam1982jimjam1982 AZ Posts: 1,255
    Finally shows up and it's the wrong color.  At least I can ask for a refund and just pick up a basic one somewhere else.  The principal of it all. 

• Options

what sold to us - what i would call blood red with black swirls

what was received - maroon - obviously not red - sadly i didn't land the whiz Khalifa variant at least i could have flipped it.

• Options
    BettrMan21BettrMan21 Chattanooga,Tn Posts: 278
    Mine is showing out for delivery in SE TN. Fingers crossed.
  • Options
    tylerjtylerj Indiana Posts: 286

what was received - maroon - obviously not red - sadly i didn't land the whiz Khalifa variant at least i could have flipped it.

That's the "right" color. It's just different than the mock up. Good luck getting a refund. In the item description, it states the actual product may slightly differ than the mockup. 
    Chicago, Aug 24, 2009 
    Noblesville, May 7, 2010
    PJ20 Night 1, 2011
    Cincinnati, Oct. 1, 2014
    Milwaukee, Oct. 20, 2014
    Wrigley Field, Aug 20, 2016
    Wrigley Field, Aug 22, 2016
    Wrigley Field, Aug 18, 2018
    Wrigley Field, Aug 20, 2018
    St. Louis, Sept. 18, 2022
    Chicago, Sept. 5, 2023
    Chicago, Sept. 7, 2023

• Options
    edited April 25
    tylerj said:

That's the "right" color. It's just different than the mock up. Good luck getting a refund. In the item description, it states the actual product may slightly differ than the mockup. 
    slightly is not the same as word completely different color. what they pictured was beautiful anything close to that would have worked. While a deep maroon is hideous.
    Post edited by jimjam1982 on
  • Options
    Clindsey80Clindsey80 Knoxville, TN Posts: 12
    Mine is showing out for delivery in SE TN. Fingers crossed.
    I live in Knoxville and I got mine yesterday
  • Options
    tschavtschav Posts: 2,777
    tylerj said:

slightly is not the same as word completely different color. what they pictured was beautiful anything close to that would have worked. While a deep maroon is hideous.
    Admittedly in the same camp upset about the coloring, but not bothering to buy another variant. Should’ve gone with my gut and get the RSD version as it would’ve been in hand 5 days earlier
  • Options
    Abe FromanAbe Froman Posts: 5,077
    Mine finally arrived. 
  • Options
    kmcmanuskmcmanus Posts: 628
    Mine is in Syracuse now but rather than a date it now says “local post office exception” so whatever that means can’t be great. 
  • Options
    kramer73kramer73 Posts: 2,606
    edited April 25
    Was listed as Friday, now looks like it might be today.  Cautiously optimistic.  
  • Options
    The RockThe Rock Posts: 1,391
    Finally received an email from 10c saying shipping label is printed and being prepared for delivery. 

So that means another few weeks before it gets to the UK 🙄
    2006: London Astoria, Lisbon I & II, Paris, Verona, Milano
    2007: Wembley, Dusseldorf, Copenhagen, Nijmegen
    2009: Manchester
    2010: Belfast, Berlin
    2012: Manchester I & II
    2014: Leeds, Milton Keynes
    2018: Amsterdam I, Prague, Krakow, Berlin, Barcelona, London
    2022: Berlin, Budapest, Krakow, Amsterdam II
  • Options
    77777777 Idaho Posts: 156
    Mine arrived yesterday.
  • Options
    demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 87,943
    The Rock said:
    Finally received an email from 10c saying shipping label is printed and being prepared for delivery. 

So that means another few weeks before it gets to the UK 🙄

Me too just now. 

• Options
    allstar340allstar340 NYC Posts: 804
    edited April 25
    tylerj said:

I really agree with this so much. It’s also a slap in the face for anyone to come on here and be like “iT’s tRaNsLuCeNt” and tell us to shine a light through it as if vinyl records were made to be placed in a light box and not played on a turntable.

I just want them to address and admit their mistake: that no one in the ten club looked at sample pressings or saw the actual products we were being sold, and they cut corners and went based off of provided stock photographs provided by their manufacturer. The selection they made for the ten club vinyl color looks awful in comparison to the later announced variants , but they won’t admit it or take any accountability now since they already have had our money for multiple months. 
    Post edited by allstar340 on
    08 -MSG I.eV Newark.Stone in BK. 09 -Spectrum II,III,IV. 10- Prudential Center.MSG I,II. Bridge School Benefit Nights I, II. 11- eV NY I, II. Bridge School Benefit Night II (eV solo). 12- Made in America Festival. 13- Oakland. 14- Bridge School Benefit Nights I, II. 17- eV Ohana. 18- Seattle I, II. 21- SHN. 22- ev & Earthlings Beacon, MSG, Camden. 23- eV & Earthlings Ohana. 24 - MSG I, II
  • Options
    DropBearDropBear Australia Posts: 10
    Yep also just got the email at 2:40am here saying shipping label printed.......Australia.
  • Options
    demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 87,943
    Another one today