Options

Dark matter shipping label printed!

Comments

• Options
    lexicondevillexicondevil Bay Area Posts: 1,969
    I have 3 of the variants in hand. Damn this sounds so much better listening to the record and reading the lyrics rather than digital. Still waiting for my RSD order, but I placed that a few days ago. Still no club version...
    1991- Hollywood Palladium, California with Temple of the Dog, Soundgarden, and Alice in Chains -RIP Magazine Show Oct. 6th
    1992- Lollapalooza, Irvine, California
    Nothing since then. I suck.
    2016- Fenway Park, Boston - Both glorious nights
    2022- Oakland Night 2
    2024 Sacramento, CA
  • Options
    TheebsTheebs Posts: 43
    I just want to say that my 10 Club variant is coming thursday and I am ok with that.   I have never had a 10 club release get to my house on release day so I know not to expect it!  I am totally fine with it.  I have spotify and bought a black pressing from my local record store.

I am kind of shocked so many people didn't realize releases have been like this for a long time.  

It feels like people need to get a grip and enjoy it in another format or variant until the 10 club pressing gets here.  I mean is this really a big deal?
  • Options
    JT167846JT167846 Posts: 858
    Finally got deluxe CD. There were some bits of sticky crap that stuck pages together and ripped a bit of colour away so that just adds to the pissed off level. Jaysus 
    Stars are suns to other people.

Wellington 1998
    London 2007
    Brisbane 2009
    Stockholm 2012
    Amsterdam 1 & 2 2014
    EV Dublin 2017
    Milan 2018
    Padova 2018
    Boston 2 2018
  • Options
    jimjam1982jimjam1982 AZ Posts: 1,321
    edited April 24
    Theebs said:
    I just want to say that my 10 Club variant is coming thursday and I am ok with that.   I have never had a 10 club release get to my house on release day so I know not to expect it!  I am totally fine with it.  I have spotify and bought a black pressing from my local record store.

I am kind of shocked so many people didn't realize releases have been like this for a long time.  

It feels like people need to get a grip and enjoy it in another format or variant until the 10 club pressing gets here.  I mean is this really a big deal?
    For most people we only buy 1 copy.

Pre order generally means get it first not fuckin last. That's the point of pre order.

Not everyone has been buying vinyl for 20 years. This was my first and last thru 10c. They aren't even ashamed or embarrassed is the bigger issue. To charge exbornamt shipping costs and be fucking clueless is pathetic. 

Fucking scam they just want us to buy more copies. Truly if there is so much a single flaw in this vinyl it will be a refund and ill pick up a copy at the store. 
    Post edited by jimjam1982 on
  • Options
    edited April 24
    mpedone said:
    kmcmanus said:
    I know it’s not malice. I know it’s not the end of the world. But when my tracking said Monday 4/22 I was pretty zen, now that’s it’s jumped 5 additional days to Saturday I’m kinda pissed. Especially since nothing so far has made me confident about that Saturday date, for all I know it’ll jump again to Thursday 5/3.
    I’m a Mets/Knicks guy who would absolutely have bought the NY one local if I’d known. 
    I know, I know, first world problems. But this isn’t “slightly” late anymore.
    It's fine to be upset, I'm just curious as to why people are upset at the Ten Club for USPS being slow. Sure, they could have shipped it earlier which might have helped, but once it's in the mail, it's not really their responsibility anymore, is it?
    Maybe stop using the government and get a deal with FedEx or UPS or DHL like grown ups. They charge enough.
  • Options
    JD87070JD87070 Posts: 157
    Theebs said:

I didn’t expect it release day, but the record being shipped on Wednesday, according to the tracking, and not arriving until Tuesday (which is what it sounds like happened for many of us on here, some a little sooner, some even longer) is a ridiculously long time in transit for what we paid for shipping. That seems to be the main complaint. Is it a big deal? No, of course not, just frustrating.
  • Options
    ekwiptekwipt Vancouver Posts: 482
    mpedone said:
    kmcmanus said:
    I know it’s not malice. I know it’s not the end of the world. But when my tracking said Monday 4/22 I was pretty zen, now that’s it’s jumped 5 additional days to Saturday I’m kinda pissed. Especially since nothing so far has made me confident about that Saturday date, for all I know it’ll jump again to Thursday 5/3.
    I’m a Mets/Knicks guy who would absolutely have bought the NY one local if I’d known. 
    It's fine to be upset, I'm just curious as to why people are upset at the Ten Club for USPS being slow. Sure, they could have shipped it earlier which might have helped, but once it's in the mail, it's not really their responsibility anymore, is it?
    Maybe stop using the government and get a deal with FedEx or UPS or DHL like grown ups. They charge enough.
    It is UPS that they use. It’s just the lowest level UPS offers and they distribute the records to local USPS depots for final delivery. Once these get to USPS they’re normally delivered within 1-2 days. The delays we are seeing are with UPS Mail Innovations, not the USPS. 
  • Options
    BF25394BF25394 Posts: 3,819
    pjalli said:
    BF25394 said:
    It doesn't reek of greed. They're not Machiavellian. It reeks of disorganization and understaffing. I think they should have had a better plan to get these things out on time, and I'm annoyed that my CDs and LP didn't arrive until Monday, but it's not something sinister.

I'm curious about your reference to listening "properly on vinyl." What did you do for the roughly twenty years from 1990 to 2010 when almost no artists were releasing their albums on vinyl?
    Are you new here? We have been buying records from this band from the very beginning. This is the artist that has been consistently releasing on vinyl through all of these years, and they should know exactly what they are doing by now. What happened with this pre-sale is a debacle and pretty offensive to the very people who have been their most loyal fans. As for those saying they didn't ship early because they might be worried about leaks, I find that offensive given the press and insider listening parties they had several weeks ago.

If they are not able to handle this properly then they shouldn't have taken our money months ago. It's 2024, this isn't exactly difficult work. 

Oh and I live in NYC and still no record, tracking now says Thursday but who the fuck knows.
    Am I new here? Are you kidding?

What part of "they should have done a better job," which I clearly expressed, are you unable to understand? The issue is about whether it was some sort of sinister plot to sell more records. It wasn't. They weren't rubbing their hands together as the pre-orders rolled in in February thinking, "These suckers think they're going to get this album by April 19. We'll show them, the fools!" Instead, stuff happened. Maybe one of the people on their small staff got sick or had a death in the family two or three weeks ago when this stuff was supposed to be processed. Maybe there was a manufacturing issue. Maybe the shipping company screwed up on the back end. No one here knows. It's totally reasonable to be annoyed about the delay-- I, too, was annoyed until I received my downloads on Thursday night that I burned to a CD-- but this is a small operation trying to get 50,000 items out the door to dozens of countries. It may not be difficult work in your eyes, but it's still a lot of work.

As has also been stated repeatedly, the shipping delays don't only affect vinyl. CDs and Blu-ray discs also were not delivered prior to the release date. It's not about shipping vinyl, unless you think they held back everything else until the vinyl was dealt with, which makes no sense since each format was shipped separately.

You seem to be offended by a lot of things, but you're wasting your energy if you're offended by people speculating as to the reasons why items were not shipped early (i.e., to prevent leaks). There is no actual evidence that this is why items did no go out sooner.

I gather speed from you fucking with me.
  • Options
    AA295481AA295481 Posts: 101
    This is the first time I ever used Ups tracking for what I ordered from 10C. Today it finally updated. It was strange they sent to a place about an hour or so South of me, then it went to a usps another 1/2 south. There is a UPS hub 1/2 away from me, i found it strange it wasn't sent there.  At this point, I would think USPS would lose $ delivering it to me.  I'm almost sure every Album I ever ordered from 10C starts out at USPS, and is delivered to me via mail.
  • Options
    AA295481 said:
    This is the first time I ever used Ups tracking for what I ordered from 10C. Today it finally updated. It was strange they sent to a place about an hour or so South of me, then it went to a usps another 1/2 south. There is a UPS hub 1/2 away from me, i found it strange it wasn't sent there.  At this point, I would think USPS would lose $ delivering it to me.  I'm almost sure every Album I ever ordered from 10C starts out at USPS, and is delivered to me via mail.
    They’ve been using UPS mail innovations for years now. UPS (very slowly) distributes the orders to a USPS depot near the destination for final delivery. 
  • Options
    ekwipt said:
    mpedone said:
    kmcmanus said:
    It is UPS that they use. It’s just the lowest level UPS offers and they distribute the records to local USPS depots for final delivery. Once these get to USPS they’re normally delivered within 1-2 days. The delays we are seeing are with UPS Mail Innovations, not the USPS. 
    For 16+ shipping it should be 2 day priority not something UPS pawns off to usps. That is a 10c issue 
  • Options
    ekwipt said:
    mpedone said:
    kmcmanus said:
    For 16+ shipping it should be 2 day priority not something UPS pawns off to usps. That is a 10c issue 
    It’s a horrible service product and I’ve never understood why any business agrees to use it. 
  • Options
    edited April 24
    ekwipt said:
    AA295481 said:
    They’ve been using UPS mail innovations for years now. UPS (very slowly) distributes the orders to a USPS depot near the destination for final delivery. 
    I have no problem USPS using mail, but instead at 9:30 this morning it was about 1 1/2 hours south of me, at 3:30 pm it was cheked in 2 hours south of me, plenty of time to send it 1/2 hour away from me. if it was delived there, I could of had them hold it (ive done it before) if it was delived there, i could of met with a friend of mine (Who works in the area) for lunch, i could of killed 2 birds with one stone
    Post edited by AA295481 on
  • Options
    EMC77EMC77 Almería, Spain Posts: 129
    Hub. said:
    10C variant still hasn't moved. :disappointed:

Mine either. I'm not saying I wanted it on the release day, but knowing that internacional shipping takes sometimes a month (including 1 week at customs) they could have shipped those at least the 19th. The vinyl is not on a trip through the US before coming to Europe, as other's, it hasn't even been shipped yet.
  • Options
    Sirens4Sirens4 Posts: 580
    !0c red and black marble came yesterday northern CT, Sounds fantastic

Springfield 94 hartford 96,98,06,08 xl center 2010,2013 boston 06,2010 mansfield ma 1998,2000,2003,2008
  • Options
    Sirens4Sirens4 Posts: 580

Springfield 94 hartford 96,98,06,08 xl center 2010,2013 boston 06,2010 mansfield ma 1998,2000,2003,2008
  • Options
    AmantriaAmantria Posts: 372
    Still hasn't made it to my local post office yet.   Tomorrow maybe?  Friday?  Who knows at this point.
    Its good to be back!!
  • Options
    EB218946EB218946 Posts: 3,866
    Dam looks nice 👆🏻

Still waiting here in NJ for my copy.  
    Wish we had an option to use FedEx or UPS.
    Rather pay more for a secure delivery than this 
    shitty usps delivery.  Tracking is a cluster fuck.
    whatever just get me my record already.  Geez.
  • Options
    JeBurkhardtJeBurkhardt Posts: 4,585
    My 10C red/black is out for delivery today, Southern Illinois.
  • Options
    DW183354DW183354 NYC Posts: 133
    Mine is out for delivery today, north eastern PA. 

Stoked. I love this album. 
  • Options
    edited April 24
    right now I looked at the update, it says it was scanned twice all it says is "Arrived at USPs facility united atates" very generic, I think they put it on the back of a turtle to deliver it 
    Post edited by AA295481 on
  • Options
    allstar340allstar340 NYC Posts: 804
    Came this morning all beat up, inner sticker sheet crumpled and record sleeve crumpled / corners fucked up. 
    08 -MSG I.eV Newark.Stone in BK. 09 -Spectrum II,III,IV. 10- Prudential Center.MSG I,II. Bridge School Benefit Nights I, II. 11- eV NY I, II. Bridge School Benefit Night II (eV solo). 12- Made in America Festival. 13- Oakland. 14- Bridge School Benefit Nights I, II. 17- eV Ohana. 18- Seattle I, II. 21- SHN. 22- ev & Earthlings Beacon, MSG, Camden. 23- eV & Earthlings Ohana. 24 - MSG I, II
  • Options
    dwjmu84dwjmu84 Posts: 360
    Came this morning all beat up, inner sticker sheet crumpled and record sleeve crumpled / corners fucked up. 
    Sorry to hear that.  10C owes you a replacement for this shit service and they should FedEx (priority/insured) it.
  • Options
    Indifference71Indifference71 Chicago Posts: 14,774
    Mine says Friday now.  It's bouncing around the Chicagoland area and seems to be going further away from me.  Mail innovations is just awful.
  • Options
    ComeToTXComeToTX Austin Posts: 7,643
    Out for delivery!
    This show, another show, a show here and a show there.
  • Options
    mpedonempedone 540xxx - Manchester, NH Posts: 1,896
    pjalli said:
    BF25394 said:
    It doesn't reek of greed. They're not Machiavellian. It reeks of disorganization and understaffing. I think they should have had a better plan to get these things out on time, and I'm annoyed that my CDs and LP didn't arrive until Monday, but it's not something sinister.

I'm curious about your reference to listening "properly on vinyl." What did you do for the roughly twenty years from 1990 to 2010 when almost no artists were releasing their albums on vinyl?
    Are you new here? We have been buying records from this band from the very beginning. This is the artist that has been consistently releasing on vinyl through all of these years, and they should know exactly what they are doing by now. What happened with this pre-sale is a debacle and pretty offensive to the very people who have been their most loyal fans. As for those saying they didn't ship early because they might be worried about leaks, I find that offensive given the press and insider listening parties they had several weeks ago.

If they are not able to handle this properly then they shouldn't have taken our money months ago. It's 2024, this isn't exactly difficult work. 

Oh and I live in NYC and still no record, tracking now says Thursday but who the fuck knows.
    Find it as offensive as you like, but after all the media listening parties, record store listening parties and theater experiences, the only leak was crappy snippets from a fire escape (title of my memoir). As son as people started receiving the album (a day early), the entire album was on Reddit. 
    "I'm a lucky man, to count on both hands the [shows I've done]. Some folks just have one, others they got none..."

Hartford 10.02.96 | Mansfield 2 09.16.98 | Mansfield 1 08.29.00 | Mansfield 1 07.02.03 | Mansfield 3 07.11.03 | Boston 2 05.25.06 | Tampa 04.11.16 | Fenway 1 08.05.16 | Fenway 2 08.07.16 | Fenway 1 09.02.18 | Fenway 2 09.04.18 | Baltimore 03.28.20 | Hamilton 09.06.22 | Toronto 09.08.22 | Nashville 09.16.22 | St Louis 09.18.22

"He made the deal with the devil, we get to play with him.
    He goes to hell, of course. We're going to heaven."
  • Options
    SVRDhand13SVRDhand13 NYC Posts: 25,951
    ComeToTX said:
    Out for delivery!
    Mine has been out for delivery since Monday lol 
    severed hand thirteen
    2006: Gorge 7/23 2008: Hartford 6/27 Beacon 7/1 2009: Spectrum 10/30-31
    2010: Newark 5/18 MSG 5/20-21 2011: PJ20 9/3-4 2012: Made In America 9/2
    2013: Brooklyn 10/18-19 Philly 10/21-22 Hartford 10/25 2014: ACL10/12
    2015: NYC 9/23 2016: Tampa 4/11 Philly 4/28-29 MSG 5/1-2 Fenway 8/5+8/7
    2017: RRHoF 4/7   2018: Fenway 9/2+9/4   2021: Sea Hear Now 9/18 
    2022: MSG 9/11  2024: MSG 9/3-4 Philly 9/7+9/9 Fenway 9/15+9/17
  • Options
    edited April 24
    Mine says Friday now.  It's bouncing around the Chicagoland area and seems to be going further away from me.  Mail innovations is just awful.
    i'm in the Chicaoland area as well, same thing happened to me yesterday, mine also says Friday as well
  • Options
    pjallipjalli Posts: 130
    BF25394 said:
    pjalli said:
    BF25394 said:

Am I new here? Are you kidding?

What part of "they should have done a better job," which I clearly expressed, are you unable to understand? The issue is about whether it was some sort of sinister plot to sell more records. It wasn't. They weren't rubbing their hands together as the pre-orders rolled in in February thinking, "These suckers think they're going to get this album by April 19. We'll show them, the fools!" Instead, stuff happened. Maybe one of the people on their small staff got sick or had a death in the family two or three weeks ago when this stuff was supposed to be processed. Maybe there was a manufacturing issue. Maybe the shipping company screwed up on the back end. No one here knows. It's totally reasonable to be annoyed about the delay-- I, too, was annoyed until I received my downloads on Thursday night that I burned to a CD-- but this is a small operation trying to get 50,000 items out the door to dozens of countries. It may not be difficult work in your eyes, but it's still a lot of work.

As has also been stated repeatedly, the shipping delays don't only affect vinyl. CDs and Blu-ray discs also were not delivered prior to the release date. It's not about shipping vinyl, unless you think they held back everything else until the vinyl was dealt with, which makes no sense since each format was shipped separately.

You seem to be offended by a lot of things, but you're wasting your energy if you're offended by people speculating as to the reasons why items were not shipped early (i.e., to prevent leaks). There is no actual evidence that this is why items did no go out sooner.

I'm referring to when you said this: 

"I'm curious about your reference to listening "properly on vinyl." What did you do for the roughly twenty years from 1990 to 2010 when almost no artists were releasing their albums on vinyl?"

A lot of fans of this band have listened to new pj albums on vinyl first and we wanted the chance to do that for this release. And yeah, I think releasing a bunch of variants while shipping pre-orders late and through a slow service while charging a lot for shipping is lame. And I'm sorry but they have had order volumes for months, and they seemed to have no problem getting variants across the world for rsd. Seems like pre-orders were last priority.

I don't think speculating as to why makes any sense, and I'm not saying it was some whole scheme, but it's just not how they should treat their most loyal fans in my opinion.