Options

Dark matter shipping label printed!

Comments

• Options
    kmcmanuskmcmanus Posts: 632
    edited April 26
    McGruff said:
    kmcmanus said:
    Mine is in Syracuse now but rather than a date it now says “local post office exception” so whatever that means can’t be great. 
    So again, I'm also in the Syracuse area (Cicero) and I just got a text from my son telling me I got a package from 10 Club, so mine has been delivered even though the tracking still says estimated delivery is Saturday. Good luck, bro...maybe you'll have yours today as well. Crossing all my fingers and toes for you.
    After spending all day not moving in ‘Cuse… it is now in goddamn Rochester. And I’m told that “postal exemption” probably means USPS opened it up and searched it. None of which is 10C related at all but still, holy jeebus what the shit?!?
  • Options
    BALLBOYBALLBOY Australia Posts: 1,005
    Received my ready to be shipped email a week after the album was released. Coming to Australia I'm not sure if that means from here or America or wherever it is coming from 
    Eastern Creek 95,Syd 1 98,Bris 2 98, Syd 1&2 03, Reading Fest 06, Bris 1 06, London 09, Hyde Park 10, Gold Coast BDO 14
  • Options
    mpedonempedone 540xxx - Manchester, NH Posts: 1,883
    Parksy said:
    tylerj said:

what sold to us - what i would call blood red with black swirls

what was received - maroon - obviously not red - sadly i didn't land the whiz Khalifa variant at least i could have flipped it.

That's the "right" color. It's just different than the mock up. Good luck getting a refund. In the item description, it states the actual product may slightly differ than the mockup. 
    slightly is not the same as word completely different color. what they pictured was beautiful anything close to that would have worked. While a deep maroon is hideous.
    I really agree with this so much. It’s also a slap in the face for anyone to come on here and be like “iT’s tRaNsLuCeNt” and tell us to shine a light through it as if vinyl records were made to be placed in a light box and not played on a turntable.

I just want them to address and admit their mistake: that no one in the ten club looked at sample pressings or saw the actual products we were being sold, and they cut corners and went based off of provided stock photographs provided by their manufacturer. The selection they made for the ten club vinyl color looks awful in comparison to the later announced variants , but they won’t admit it or take any accountability now since they already have had our money for multiple months. 
    They were snarky but offered a refund.  If I can't sell mine to someone who wants it in lost dogs it's going back tomorrow.

It's amazing this is the only band on the planet whose variants look nothing like what was offered.  Metallica/Green Day/Tool - all were EXACTLY like the picture.

This shit ain't even on the right spectrum of the color wheel. Any self respecting artist would be horrified at the discrepancy.  If Ament came around here he would probably be angered by this coloration abomination.
    FWIW ...  I had a similar experience with two My Morning Jacket releases.  The original ad showed a brilliant, vibrant nice colour... when it arrived, it was dark and shitty to the point where you couldnt even tell it wasn't black  lol  

While I understand that they won't be able to guarantee this sort of thing because of the process... it would be good of them to either not show an obviously exaggerated photo or ensure that the buyer is WELL aware that the actual product may not match. 

That said... whenever I order a burger that looks NOTHING like the commercial... I still eat it. (begrudgedly)  lol 

I don't even think it was an exaggerated picture. Mine came yesterday, and it was the same color - burgundy/purple. Held up to the light, it almost perfectly matched the order page. Clearly they photographed it in a well-lit setting (as you do for marketing). They probably should have included a photo on an actual turntable, or been more up front that it was translucent. I think most of us - myself included - thought it would be solid.
    "I'm a lucky man, to count on both hands the [shows I've done]. Some folks just have one, others they got none..."

Hartford 10.02.96 | Mansfield 2 09.16.98 | Mansfield 1 08.29.00 | Mansfield 1 07.02.03 | Mansfield 3 07.11.03 | Boston 2 05.25.06 | Tampa 04.11.16 | Fenway 1 08.05.16 | Fenway 2 08.07.16 | Fenway 1 09.02.18 | Fenway 2 09.04.18 | Baltimore 03.28.20 | Hamilton 09.06.22 | Toronto 09.08.22 | Nashville 09.16.22 | St Louis 09.18.22

"He made the deal with the devil, we get to play with him.
    He goes to hell, of course. We're going to heaven."
  • Options
    Vedd HeddVedd Hedd Posts: 4,508
    I got the black, clear and 10C. 

All three say delivered. 

I only got the Black and Clear. 
    Turn this anger into
    Nuclear fission
  • Options
    Vedd Hedd said:

All three say delivered. 

And to complicate matters....2 of them now say they were delivered Wednesday, which they werent.   And since they all have the same tracking number, I cant identify which package didnt come. 
    Turn this anger into
    Nuclear fission
  • Options
    USPS:  Get online assistance, Chat Now!

Also USPS: Your chat has ended as there are no attendants. 
    Turn this anger into
    Nuclear fission
  • Options
    mpedonempedone 540xxx - Manchester, NH Posts: 1,883
    Vedd Hedd said:
    Vedd Hedd said:

All three say delivered. 

And to complicate matters....2 of them now say they were delivered Wednesday, which they werent.   And since they all have the same tracking number, I cant identify which package didnt come. 

The USPS has an online missing mail form that you can fill out and they'll respond within a day. That they've received your request and someone will look into it. And then you won't hear anything from them again until they send you a survey about their service.

Honestly, your best bet is to try to flag down your mail carrier. I had an issue last summer, logged a complaint, heard nothing. He actually stopped one day when he saw me in the neighborhood, and we figured out what happened.
    "I'm a lucky man, to count on both hands the [shows I've done]. Some folks just have one, others they got none..."

Hartford 10.02.96 | Mansfield 2 09.16.98 | Mansfield 1 08.29.00 | Mansfield 1 07.02.03 | Mansfield 3 07.11.03 | Boston 2 05.25.06 | Tampa 04.11.16 | Fenway 1 08.05.16 | Fenway 2 08.07.16 | Fenway 1 09.02.18 | Fenway 2 09.04.18 | Baltimore 03.28.20 | Hamilton 09.06.22 | Toronto 09.08.22 | Nashville 09.16.22 | St Louis 09.18.22

"He made the deal with the devil, we get to play with him.
    He goes to hell, of course. We're going to heaven."
  • Options
    mpedone said:
    Vedd Hedd said:
    Vedd Hedd said:

All three say delivered. 

The USPS has an online missing mail form that you can fill out and they'll respond within a day. That they've received your request and someone will look into it. And then you won't hear anything from them again until they send you a survey about their service.

Honestly, your best bet is to try to flag down your mail carrier. I had an issue last summer, logged a complaint, heard nothing. He actually stopped one day when he saw me in the neighborhood, and we figured out what happened.
    Ha, since I posted last, the site updated.  It says that 2 of the 3 were delivered, and the other one is "Expected Today" by 9pm.  Someone must have hit the wrong button.  
    Turn this anger into
    Nuclear fission
  • Options
    Gonzo1977Gonzo1977 Posts: 1,696
    edited April 26
    It appears that my vinyl finally has a shipping label, however it's apparently still located in some spice warehouse somewhere along the outer rim of the galaxy; perhaps Alpha Centauri. Based on current technology and jet propulsion, I can expect this to arrive sometime in the next 15,000 years.
    Post edited by Gonzo1977 on
  • Options
    AmantriaAmantria Posts: 369
    mpedone said:
    Parksy said:
    tylerj said:

what sold to us - what i would call blood red with black swirls

what was received - maroon - obviously not red - sadly i didn't land the whiz Khalifa variant at least i could have flipped it.

That's the "right" color. It's just different than the mock up. Good luck getting a refund. In the item description, it states the actual product may slightly differ than the mockup. 
    slightly is not the same as word completely different color. what they pictured was beautiful anything close to that would have worked. While a deep maroon is hideous.
    I really agree with this so much. It’s also a slap in the face for anyone to come on here and be like “iT’s tRaNsLuCeNt” and tell us to shine a light through it as if vinyl records were made to be placed in a light box and not played on a turntable.

I just want them to address and admit their mistake: that no one in the ten club looked at sample pressings or saw the actual products we were being sold, and they cut corners and went based off of provided stock photographs provided by their manufacturer. The selection they made for the ten club vinyl color looks awful in comparison to the later announced variants , but they won’t admit it or take any accountability now since they already have had our money for multiple months. 
    They were snarky but offered a refund.  If I can't sell mine to someone who wants it in lost dogs it's going back tomorrow.

It's amazing this is the only band on the planet whose variants look nothing like what was offered.  Metallica/Green Day/Tool - all were EXACTLY like the picture.

This shit ain't even on the right spectrum of the color wheel. Any self respecting artist would be horrified at the discrepancy.  If Ament came around here he would probably be angered by this coloration abomination.
    FWIW ...  I had a similar experience with two My Morning Jacket releases.  The original ad showed a brilliant, vibrant nice colour... when it arrived, it was dark and shitty to the point where you couldnt even tell it wasn't black  lol  

While I understand that they won't be able to guarantee this sort of thing because of the process... it would be good of them to either not show an obviously exaggerated photo or ensure that the buyer is WELL aware that the actual product may not match. 

That said... whenever I order a burger that looks NOTHING like the commercial... I still eat it. (begrudgedly)  lol 

I don't even think it was an exaggerated picture. Mine came yesterday, and it was the same color - burgundy/purple. Held up to the light, it almost perfectly matched the order page. Clearly they photographed it in a well-lit setting (as you do for marketing). They probably should have included a photo on an actual turntable, or been more up front that it was translucent. I think most of us - myself included - thought it would be solid.
    Mine came today!!! I took it out and for sure it's maroon, but held up to bright natural light it's definitely red and black.  I agree with you- lighting makes a difference and photos in bright and dim lighting would help to illustrate what you get much more.  Mine has some pretty swirls in it so I am a happy camper finally!  The ups/usps shipping fiasco was doing my head in all week!
    Its good to be back!!
  • Options
    Travels WithTravels With Posts: 552
    Mine just pushed to Monday. Any one else in northern California get theirs yet?
    “I suppose our capacity for self-delusion is boundless.” ― John Steinbeck, Travels with Charley: In Search of America
  • Options
    WWSWWS Ontario Posts: 458
    edited April 27
    Label just printed for Ontario, Canada.  Tracking shows it is still in Los Angeles CA.  Hopefully it arrives soon, given the $$$ for international shipping fees equal to the cost of the record.

Post edited by WWS on
    '93 Toronto, '98 Barrie, '00 Toronto, '03 Buffalo, '05 Hamilton, '06 Toronto 1&2 '09 Toronto, '09 Philly #4, '11 Hamilton, '13 London, '13 Wrigley,    '13 Buffalo, '14 Detroit Rock City,'16 Ottawa, '16 Toronto 1&2, '16 Fenway '18 Wrigley 1&2, '20 Baltimore. '22 Hamilton, '24 Wrigley 1&2
  • Options
    Mine still says delivery projected for tonight even though it's past the time. It's been bouncing around Chicago since Tuesday morning. Feels like it should have been here by now.

Just hoping it doesn't get lost in the network at this point...
  • Options
    dogmattdogmatt Posts: 103
    Nothing yet here in my Northern Cali neck of the woods.  Stopped tracking on the 22nd.  This is trying my patience.  I send vinyl media mail all the time and it gets to destinations faster at half the price. 
  • Options
    perfectlefts14perfectlefts14 Posts: 1,970
    My tracking was pushed back to a Monday delivery, but it was delivered today in NorCal. 
    Tell the captain
    'This boats not safe
    And we're drowning.'
  • Options
    CROJAM95CROJAM95 Posts: 9,226
    Got my red or whatever that color is today 
  • Options
    Mine still says delivery projected for tonight even though it's past the time. It's been bouncing around Chicago since Tuesday morning. Feels like it should have been here by now.

Just hoping it doesn't get lost in the network at this point...
    Is yours the 10c version? Mine is in a similar area and pattern.
    Turn this anger into
    Nuclear fission
  • Options
    McGruffMcGruff Island Of The Goon Posts: 40
    kmcmanus said:
    McGruff said:
    kmcmanus said:
    Mine is in Syracuse now but rather than a date it now says “local post office exception” so whatever that means can’t be great. 
    So again, I'm also in the Syracuse area (Cicero) and I just got a text from my son telling me I got a package from 10 Club, so mine has been delivered even though the tracking still says estimated delivery is Saturday. Good luck, bro...maybe you'll have yours today as well. Crossing all my fingers and toes for you.
    After spending all day not moving in ‘Cuse… it is now in goddamn Rochester. And I’m told that “postal exemption” probably means USPS opened it up and searched it. None of which is 10C related at all but still, holy jeebus what the shit?!?
    Nothing drives me more insane than a package arriving in town and seeing the next notification saying it's no longer in town. 
  • Options
    kmcmanuskmcmanus Posts: 632
    McGruff said:
    kmcmanus said:
    McGruff said:
    kmcmanus said:
    Nothing drives me more insane than a package arriving in town and seeing the next notification saying it's no longer in town. 
    Out for delivery 🤞🏻
  • Options
    dwjmu84dwjmu84 Posts: 359
    Well, got mine in northern Va and the color is kind of disappointing relative to the bright red and black advertised .

but the real problem is there’s a defect on mine. The last 10 seconds of setting sun sound drunk as all hell. It’s not dust, and I always clean and de static my records prior to playing. It’s not my turntable (a brand new fluance rt 85). Other records playing just fine. The rest of DM sounds great and then the very end of the song goes to shit. Clearly a defect from pressing. 

I’ll be requesting another copy. Just adds to the overall disappointing experience.

that said, I love the liner notes/design. Cool stuff. 
  • Options
    NewJPageNewJPage Posts: 3,304
    dwjmu84 said:
    Well, got mine in northern Va and the color is kind of disappointing relative to the bright red and black advertised .

but the real problem is there’s a defect on mine. The last 10 seconds of setting sun sound drunk as all hell. It’s not dust, and I always clean and de static my records prior to playing. It’s not my turntable (a brand new fluance rt 85). Other records playing just fine. The rest of DM sounds great and then the very end of the song goes to shit. Clearly a defect from pressing. 

I’ll be requesting another copy. Just adds to the overall disappointing experience.

Could be because they crammed almost 30 minutes of music onto 1 side of vinyl. Innermost grooves will not sound as good with that much...my setting sun distorts as well.
    6/26/98, 8/17/00, 10/8/00, 12/8/02, 12/9/02, 4/25/03, 5/28/03, 6/1/03, 6/3/03, 6/5/03, 6/6/03, 6/12/03, 6/13/03, 6/15/03, 6/18/03, 6/21/03, 6/22/03, 7/12/03, 7/14/03, 10/3/04, 10/5/04, 9/9/05, 9/11/05, 9/16/05, 5/16/06, 5/17/06, 5/19/06, 6/30/06, 7/23/06, 8/5/07, 6/30/08, 8/23/09, 8/24/09, 5/4/10, 5/7/10, 9/3/11, 9/4/11, 10/11/13, 10/17/14, 8/20/16
  • Options
    Tim SimmonsTim Simmons Posts: 6,985
    Record is IGD positive. Both the regional variants and the 10c clear have it. My guess is the black and clear will too. This should have been 2 LPs. 
  • Options
    ParksyParksy Posts: 1,678
    WWS said:
    Label just printed for Ontario, Canada.  Tracking shows it is still in Los Angeles CA.  Hopefully it arrives soon, given the $$$ for international shipping fees equal to the cost of the record.

I remember when I ordered the Gigaton record from 10C. ...  it took so long to get to Canada that I forgot I ordered it. 

... was actually a nice lil' surprise in the mailbox lol
    Toronto 2000
    Buffalo, Phoenix, Toronto 2003
    Boston I&II 2004
    Kitchener, Hamilton, London, Montreal, Ottawa, Toronto 2005
    Toronto I&II, Las Vegas 2006
    Chicago Lollapalooza 2007
    Toronto, Seattle I&II, Vancouver, Philly I,II,III,IV 2009
    Cleveland, Buffalo 2010
    Toronto I&II 2011
    Buffalo 2013
    Toronto I&II 2016
    10C: 220xxx
  • Options
    pjallipjalli Posts: 129
    My 10C record finally came! I think the color looks as advertised in the light 
    Excited to sing along and learn all the lyrics in time for LA :)
  • Options
    BF25394BF25394 Posts: 3,401
    Gonzo1977 said:
    It appears that my vinyl finally has a shipping label, however it's apparently still located in some spice warehouse somewhere along the outer rim of the galaxy; perhaps Alpha Centauri. Based on current technology and jet propulsion, I can expect this to arrive sometime in the next 15,000 years.
    This is crazy talk. Alpha Centauri is only four light years away. It's nowhere near the outer rim of the galaxy!

Nonetheless, the 15,000-year estimate seems plausible.
    I gather speed from you fucking with me.
  • Options
    demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 87,968
    WWS said:

I'm guessing we will receive our Dark Matter CD's & vinyl by the end of next week. Let's just hope though we are not hit with any custom fees.

• Options
    jrs31jrs31 Posts: 44
    demetrios said:
    WWS said:

I'm guessing we will receive our Dark Matter CD's & vinyl by the end of next week. Let's just hope though we are not hit with any custom fees.

That's what I'm waiting for. After getting hit for the 2024 member bundle i am not looking forward to it.
  • Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,640
    edited April 28
    Mine's in LA. I'll be lucky to get it delivered before the first show on Saturday, and that is fucking ridiculous.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    Gonzo1977Gonzo1977 Posts: 1,696
    Perhaps The 10 Club should let us pre order album #13 now, so that it has a reasonable chance of arriving on time in 2028 
  • Options
    dwjmu84dwjmu84 Posts: 359
    NewJPage said:
    dwjmu84 said:

Could be because they crammed almost 30 minutes of music onto 1 side of vinyl. Innermost grooves will not sound as good with that much...my setting sun distorts as well.
    I didn't know this was a thing.  I mean i clearly saw that they tried fitting quite a bit of run time on to that side b, but I've never had this experience.  So as the album is wrapping up, in one of the most critical points for your enjoyment as the last few chords ring out, it just goes to shit.  It's like the band on tour just deciding to drop the last 30 seconds of their closer each night and walk off the stage in silence.

How is this not understood to be a problem?