Options

Dark matter shipping label printed!

Comments

• Options
    McGruffMcGruff Island Of The Goon Posts: 40
    kmcmanus said:
    Mine is in Syracuse now but rather than a date it now says “local post office exception” so whatever that means can’t be great. 
    So again, I'm also in the Syracuse area (Cicero) and I just got a text from my son telling me I got a package from 10 Club, so mine has been delivered even though the tracking still says estimated delivery is Saturday. Good luck, bro...maybe you'll have yours today as well. Crossing all my fingers and toes for you.
  • Options
    jimjam1982jimjam1982 AZ Posts: 1,271
    edited April 25
    tylerj said:

what sold to us - what i would call blood red with black swirls

what was received - maroon - obviously not red - sadly i didn't land the whiz Khalifa variant at least i could have flipped it.

That's the "right" color. It's just different than the mock up. Good luck getting a refund. In the item description, it states the actual product may slightly differ than the mockup. 
    slightly is not the same as word completely different color. what they pictured was beautiful anything close to that would have worked. While a deep maroon is hideous.
    I really agree with this so much. It’s also a slap in the face for anyone to come on here and be like “iT’s tRaNsLuCeNt” and tell us to shine a light through it as if vinyl records were made to be placed in a light box and not played on a turntable.

I just want them to address and admit their mistake: that no one in the ten club looked at sample pressings or saw the actual products we were being sold, and they cut corners and went based off of provided stock photographs provided by their manufacturer. The selection they made for the ten club vinyl color looks awful in comparison to the later announced variants , but they won’t admit it or take any accountability now since they already have had our money for multiple months. 
    They were snarky but offered a refund.  If I can't sell mine to someone who wants it in lost dogs it's going back tomorrow.

It's amazing this is the only band on the planet whose variants look nothing like what was offered.  Metallica/Green Day/Tool - all were EXACTLY like the picture.

This shit ain't even on the right spectrum of the color wheel. Any self respecting artist would be horrified at the discrepancy.  If Ament came around here he would probably be angered by this coloration abomination.
    Post edited by jimjam1982 on
  • Options
    allstar340allstar340 NYC Posts: 804
    tylerj said:

what was received - maroon - obviously not red - sadly i didn't land the whiz Khalifa variant at least i could have flipped it.

That's the "right" color. It's just different than the mock up. Good luck getting a refund. In the item description, it states the actual product may slightly differ than the mockup. 
    slightly is not the same as word completely different color. what they pictured was beautiful anything close to that would have worked. While a deep maroon is hideous.
    I really agree with this so much. It’s also a slap in the face for anyone to come on here and be like “iT’s tRaNsLuCeNt” and tell us to shine a light through it as if vinyl records were made to be placed in a light box and not played on a turntable.

I just want them to address and admit their mistake: that no one in the ten club looked at sample pressings or saw the actual products we were being sold, and they cut corners and went based off of provided stock photographs provided by their manufacturer. The selection they made for the ten club vinyl color looks awful in comparison to the later announced variants , but they won’t admit it or take any accountability now since they already have had our money for multiple months. 
    They were snarky but offered a refund.  If I can't sell mine to someone who wants it in lost dogs it's going back tomorrow.

It's amazing this is the only band on the planet whose variants look nothing like what was offered.  Metallica/Green Day/Tool - all were EXACTLY like the picture.

This shit ain't even on the right spectrum of the color wheel. Any self respecting artist would be horrified at the discrepancy.  If Ament came around here he would probably be angered by this coloration abomination.
    Best of luck getting rid of it. I saw some people who want it, but seems like the only people who want it are completist collectors and not people who just wanted a nice looking copy to listen to. Sucks since I fall into that second camp and do not want to spend any more time or money in reselling it or returning it to them since their policy is to not cover shipping costs for refunds/returns too lol. I’d honestly rather have the standard black vinyl pressing than this awful color. 
    08 -MSG I.eV Newark.Stone in BK. 09 -Spectrum II,III,IV. 10- Prudential Center.MSG I,II. Bridge School Benefit Nights I, II. 11- eV NY I, II. Bridge School Benefit Night II (eV solo). 12- Made in America Festival. 13- Oakland. 14- Bridge School Benefit Nights I, II. 17- eV Ohana. 18- Seattle I, II. 21- SHN. 22- ev & Earthlings Beacon, MSG, Camden. 23- eV & Earthlings Ohana. 24 - MSG I, II
  • Options
    My vinyl was supposed to come today, but it actually arrived on Tuesday.  I'm not gonna say 'thats good' cause its still post-release, but Tuesday WAS better than today.

I've got issues with the fan club, like a lot of people here, but I'm not really bothered at all by the vinyl color. I pulled it out and though, "looks like a merlot...appropriate"
  • Options
    Vedd HeddVedd Hedd Posts: 4,508
    edited April 25

Post edited by Vedd Hedd on
    Turn this anger into
    Nuclear fission
  • Options
    Hub.Hub. Posts: 1,990

Received this email 2 hours ago :angry: 

"A Shipping Label Has Been Printed For Your Order

Thank you for your order from Ten Club LLC! We wanted to let you know that we are preparing order (#*********) for shipment*. You can track your order using the tracking link below."

Well! Better late than never.

• Options
    Vedd Hedd said:

In case you cant read this.
    Arrived Chicago
    Left Chicago
    Arrived Bedford Park, IL
    Arrived Fox valley, IL
    Left Fox Valley, IL
    Arrived Bedford Park, IL
    Turn this anger into
    Nuclear fission
  • Options
    pjallipjalli Posts: 129
    BF25394 said:
    JL95453 said:
    From 
    BF25394 :
    With respect to the comment about listening "properly on vinyl," I am just curious about whether that person is one of the relatively few people who, like me, purchased every Pearl Jam title on vinyl upon its release from Vitalogy through Vault 10 (although, in my case, it wasn't because I think the listening experience is better on vinyl; I bought Vitalogy on vinyl because it meant I could hear it two weeks early, and then I liked having the artwork and liner notes in a larger size), or whether they are a latter-day convert to the cult of vinyl, because the reality is that the vast majority of Pearl Jam fans (and music fans in general) were not buying vinyl records from roughly 1990 through 2010, and yet somehow they were experiencing and enjoying music. Ten wasn't even released on vinyl in the U.S. in 1991, and there was no outcry from the millions of fans who embraced it in the first two years of its release. How do I know that relatively few people were buying Pearl Jam LPs during that time? Because I can see what Lost Dogs and Vault 3 sell for on Discogs. Those astronomical prices are due to scarcity, a scarcity which doesn't exist for titles like MTV Unplugged, which came out in 2019 after vinyl had proliferated. (Over 25,000 people have MTV Unplugged in their collections on Discogs; about 1,500 have Lost Dogs.)

It is definitely not an example of great customer service. Like I said, they should have had a better plan for dealing with this. Maybe they should have hired a temp to help get these orders out the door if it was going to be too much for Santos and whomever else he may have helping him (Santa's Little Helper's helper?).
    Regarding "listening properly on vinyl" - vinyl listening is an experience, and my personal preference.  Like most of you here, I'm just a middle-aged dude who likes what he likes, and yes, have been one of the early PJ loyalists who started buying vinyl with the release of VItalogy.  Any gripe about getting the vinyl late is due to being bummed that you cannot enjoy that "experience" of pouring through the art, lyrics, etc.  It's a missed opportunity, timed with the rare release of new tunes - I think that's what makes everyone sour about this situation.  And I think that's fair. 
    I'll personally offer my services to PJ for the next record - I'll manage the logistics plan for the release, they just need to ensure I get the first copy as compensation.    
    The CD also has the artwork and lyrics, for what it's worth.

I have consistently said that this was poorly done and that it is reasonable for people to be annoyed, so we're not in disagreement on that.

I have also bought everything Pearl Jam released on vinyl from Vitalogy through Vault 10 (and went back and got Vs. and Ten), though not primarily for listening. The CD will always be my preferred format for several reasons, including sound, portability and continuity. Anyway, to each their own. My preference is not better than your preference. But I'm wondering what you did with every other album you bought during that roughly twenty-year period when most albums were not being issued on vinyl. Did you not enjoy music during this period because you couldn't listen to it "properly"?
    So again I think you are kind of missing the point about this particular band. Not all bands. This band. We, the crazy ten club members who buy the pre-orders and want the experience of listening first on vinyl when possible, are a little upset at not having the opportunity to do that with this release w/o buying a second copy. 

I don't buy these records to collect them and sell them ((i play my benaroya and i play it a lot) and I don't need 10 colors of the same thing, I just want to listen to the record and read the lyrics and enjoy the art. And I bought it through 10C because I like buying through the channel that yields (had to) the most profit for the artist. I understand how distribution works but appreciate your thoughtful reply on that, but I do think they could have done a better job here with their direct channel.

And to bring this back to what really matters, how lucky are we that they are still making excellent albums like this one after all these years!
  • Options
    lexicondevillexicondevil Bay Area Posts: 1,905
    tylerj said:

Really? I've received MANY variants that look very different from the original picture. This is why every seller states that it might look different from the picture. It's not the fault of 10C. The pressing plant screwed up. I guarantee that if 10C sent them back for a repress, people would still be pissed, because the delay would have been even longer. That is a no win situation that really isn't the fault of 10C. The whole shipping late thing is a different story, but I can't be too mad that a red record ended up more purple.
    1991- Hollywood Palladium, California with Temple of the Dog, Soundgarden, and Alice in Chains -RIP Magazine Show Oct. 6th
    1992- Lollapalooza, Irvine, California
    Nothing since then. I suck.
    2016- Fenway Park, Boston - Both glorious nights
    2022- Oakland Night 2
  • Options
    edited April 25
    tylerj said:

Really? I've received MANY variants that look very different from the original picture. This is why every seller states that it might look different from the picture. It's not the fault of 10C. The pressing plant screwed up. I guarantee that if 10C sent them back for a repress, people would still be pissed, because the delay would have been even longer. That is a no win situation that really isn't the fault of 10C. The whole shipping late thing is a different story, but I can't be too mad that a red record ended up more purple.
    Start by hiring people who aren't color blind to do the pressing. That's a good leaping off point.

I mean I chose red/black because I thought it was the best looking.

I could have chosen clear or the Las Vegas/SW region RSD copy and now I am shut out on those.  So yeah, it's their obligation to get it close to the picture.  As previously noted the disclaimer says slightly different, not the wrong color. 
    Post edited by jimjam1982 on
  • Options
    PJamminPJammin Posts: 572
    I'd rather have the color be off than have the copies showing up with Wiz Khalifa center labels on them - which I've seen some pics of on FB. Hoping mine doesn't arrive that way. 
  • Options
    mvwmvw Posts: 1,659
    What a joke!  I feel like my purple Ten is more shade of red than this!
  • Options
    PJammin said:
    I'd rather have the color be off than have the copies showing up with Wiz Khalifa center labels on them - which I've seen some pics of on FB. Hoping mine doesn't arrive that way. 
    Why the Whiz Kalifa copy is going for a benny.  That's like winning the lottery. 
  • Options
    BF25394BF25394 Posts: 3,401
    PJammin said:
    When I saw someone refer to "Wiz Khalifa versions" earlier, I honestly thought they must be talking about a black-and-yellow variant for western Pennsylvania, not an incorrect label. Congratulations to anyone who received one of these. You're now in possession of the Pearl Jam vinyl equivalent of the Billy Ripken "FUCK FACE" baseball card.

I'm sorry that the colors aren't turning out to look like the pictures advertised. Maybe the people they hired to take the photos are the same people who take the pictures on the boxes for frozen dinners or the shots of burgers in fast-food commercials.
    I gather speed from you fucking with me.
  • Options
    I need to see a pic of the Wiz Khalifa/Pearl Jam combo. 
    Turn this anger into
    Nuclear fission
  • Options
    ParksyParksy Posts: 1,678
    tylerj said:

FWIW ...  I had a similar experience with two My Morning Jacket releases.  The original ad showed a brilliant, vibrant nice colour... when it arrived, it was dark and shitty to the point where you couldnt even tell it wasn't black  lol  

While I understand that they won't be able to guarantee this sort of thing because of the process... it would be good of them to either not show an obviously exaggerated photo or ensure that the buyer is WELL aware that the actual product may not match. 

That said... whenever I order a burger that looks NOTHING like the commercial... I still eat it. (begrudgedly)  lol 
    Toronto 2000
    Buffalo, Phoenix, Toronto 2003
    Boston I&II 2004
    Kitchener, Hamilton, London, Montreal, Ottawa, Toronto 2005
    Toronto I&II, Las Vegas 2006
    Chicago Lollapalooza 2007
    Toronto, Seattle I&II, Vancouver, Philly I,II,III,IV 2009
    Cleveland, Buffalo 2010
    Toronto I&II 2011
    Buffalo 2013
    Toronto I&II 2016
    10C: 220xxx
  • Options
    PB11041PB11041 Earth Posts: 2,775
    Vedd Hedd said:

His eminence has yet to show. 
    http://www.hi5sports.org/ (Sports Program for Kids with Disabilities)
    http://www.livefootsteps.org/user/?usr=3652

• Options
    PB11041 said:
    Vedd Hedd said:

Haha, thats awesome
    Turn this anger into
    Nuclear fission
  • Options
    PB11041PB11041 Earth Posts: 2,775
    Galaxy colorings were never going to look like the prop picture, but why do people buy the record solely for the way it is going to look, I don't get it, it looks fine.

His eminence has yet to show. 
    http://www.hi5sports.org/ (Sports Program for Kids with Disabilities)
    http://www.livefootsteps.org/user/?usr=3652

• Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,639
    edited April 25
    PJammin said:

I kinda want one of those, lol. It's funny to me... as long as it actually plays Pearl Jam that is. :lol:
    Post edited by PJ_Soul on
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 87,968
    Keep on rolling ... 

• Options
    tschavtschav Posts: 2,779
    PJ_Soul said:
    PJammin said:

I kinda want one of those, lol. It's funny to me... as long as it actually plays Pearl Jam that is. :lol:
    Maybe that's why they included the stickersheet to customize the label?
  • Options
    llamasrawesumllamasrawesum Auckland, NZ Posts: 32
    demetrios said:
    The Rock said:
    Finally received an email from 10c saying shipping label is printed and being prepared for delivery. 

So that means another few weeks before it gets to the UK 🙄

Me too just now. 

Got the same one, are you international? They must have waited a week after release to ship all the international orders. What a scam. Wish I supported my local record store instead.
    Upcoming:
    Auckland 8&10
    Sydney 21&23
  • Options
    demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 87,968
    demetrios said:
    The Rock said:
    Finally received an email from 10c saying shipping label is printed and being prepared for delivery. 

Me too just now. 

Got the same one, are you international? They must have waited a week after release to ship all the international orders. What a scam. Wish I supported my local record store instead.

Yes, I'm international. Our local record store only had the RSD pressing last Saturday. Nothing yet on the regular black edition. 

I wonder if the 10Club will sell any RSD vinyl. 
  • Options
    SVRDhand13SVRDhand13 NYC Posts: 25,894
    Mine was delivered!  Better late than never! 
    severed hand thirteen

2006: Gorge 7/23 2008: Hartford 6/27 Beacon 7/1 2009: Spectrum 10/30-31
    2010: Newark 5/18 MSG 5/20-21 2011: PJ20 9/3-4 2012: Made In America 9/2
    2013: Brooklyn 10/18-19 Philly 10/21-22 Hartford 10/25 2014: ACL10/12
    2015: NYC 9/23 2016: Tampa 4/11 Philly 4/28-29 MSG 5/1-2 Fenway 8/5+8/7
    2017: RRHoF 4/7   2018: Fenway 9/2+9/4   2021: Sea Hear Now 9/18 
    2022: MSG 9/11  2024: MSG 9/3-4 Philly 9/7+9/9 Fenway 9/15+9/17
  • Options
    ekwiptekwipt Vancouver Posts: 374
    demetrios said:
    demetrios said:
    The Rock said:

Me too just now. 

Yes, I'm international. Our local record store only had the RSD pressing last Saturday. Nothing yet on the regular black edition. 

I wonder if the 10Club will sell any RSD vinyl. 
    Black vinyl made it to Vancouver stores on Tues so hopefully it’ll hit Halifax tomorrow 🤞 
  • Options
    Mine was delivered!  Better late than never! 
    damn you're lucky mine now says drumroll please............  April 29th by 700pm   lol
  • Options
    desolatejoydesolatejoy London Posts: 248
    Another international buyer here who’s (finally) got a shipping label notice. Tracking says it’s been processed in Fontana, so we’re moving. 
    Going by the usual delivery time I hope to get this by the end of next week…keep ‘em crossed 🤞🏻

FWIW, I don’t really mind the delay. But I feel like there’s been less communication around this than previously (unless I’ve missed it). I feel like in the past we’ve been told what order things are shipping in (domestic, then international or vice versa etc). 
    No big deal really, I just hope all is well at PJ HQ. 

Wembley Arena, London - 28/10/96
    Wembley Arena, London - 30/05/00 
    Wembley Arena, London - 18/06/07
    02 Arena, London - 18/08/09
    Hammersmith Apollo, London - 30/07/12 EV Solo
    Bowl, Milton Keynes - 11/07/2014
    Hammersmith Apollo, London - 06/06/17 EV Solo
    O2 Arena, London - 18/06/18
    O2 Arena, London - 17/07/18

It's an art to live with pain, mix the light into grey...
  • Options
    goldrushgoldrush everybody knows this is nowhere Posts: 7,309
    Finally got my shipping notice today - Friday 26th April at 2:12am AUS-time...

I know preorders rarely make it to International customers in time for the release date, but it's been out for a week and hasn't even shipped yet?!?
    “Do not postpone happiness”
    (Jeff Tweedy, Sydney 2007)

“Put yer good money on the sunrise”
    (Tim Rogers)
  • Options
    pjpitt89pjpitt89 Posts: 1,822
    Has anyone actually listened to it? I listened to my Philly variant, and haven’t gone back to check but am fairly sure the runout showed pressed at GZ without any credits for a mastering engineer. Fairly certain this 10c version was cut by Matt Colton at Metropolis and plated (and pressed?) at RTI. 

So there were multiple lacquers cut?
    9/1/00, 4/28/03, 7/5/03, 7/6/03, 7/12/03, 10/1/04, 9/28/05, 5/27/06, 5/28/06, 6/1/06, 6/27/08, 6/30/08, 8/7/08 (EV), 6/12/09 (EV), 10/27/09, 10/28/09,10/30/09, 10/31/09, 5/21/10, 6/15/11 (EV), 9/2/12, 7/19/13, 10/21/13, 10/22/13, 10/27/13, 4/28/16, 4/29/16, 8/7/16, 11/4/16 (TOTD), 8/18/18, 8/20/18, 9/24/21 (EV&Earthlings), 9/26/21, 9/11/2022, 9/14/2022