Options

Dark matter shipping label printed!

Comments

• Options
    FlyBono24FlyBono24 Posts: 134
    Well this has soured me on buying from 10C store again.... next time I'll just preorder from my local record store.  They were giving away stickers too.
  • Options
    mpedonempedone 540xxx - Manchester, NH Posts: 1,896
    dwjmu84 said:
    now mine here in northern VA is delayed until Friday. a week late.  I don't think it's too much to say we probably deserve a mea culpa and explanation.
    Yeah, there’s clearly something a miss here. It would just be nice for whatever that is to be communicated 🤷🏻‍♂️

I'm confused on what you expect 10 Club to say. "Sorry, US Postal Service kinda sucks!"

And yes, they could offer other shipping methods that might be faster, but do you think they'd be any less expensive?
    "I'm a lucky man, to count on both hands the [shows I've done]. Some folks just have one, others they got none..."

Hartford 10.02.96 | Mansfield 2 09.16.98 | Mansfield 1 08.29.00 | Mansfield 1 07.02.03 | Mansfield 3 07.11.03 | Boston 2 05.25.06 | Tampa 04.11.16 | Fenway 1 08.05.16 | Fenway 2 08.07.16 | Fenway 1 09.02.18 | Fenway 2 09.04.18 | Baltimore 03.28.20 | Hamilton 09.06.22 | Toronto 09.08.22 | Nashville 09.16.22 | St Louis 09.18.22

"He made the deal with the devil, we get to play with him.
    He goes to hell, of course. We're going to heaven."
  • Options
    lexicondevillexicondevil Bay Area Posts: 1,969
    mpedone said:
    dwjmu84 said:
    now mine here in northern VA is delayed until Friday. a week late.  I don't think it's too much to say we probably deserve a mea culpa and explanation.
    Yeah, there’s clearly something a miss here. It would just be nice for whatever that is to be communicated 🤷🏻‍♂️

And yes, they could offer other shipping methods that might be faster, but do you think they'd be any less expensive?
    In my experience, straight up USPS Media Mail has always been cheaper and faster than using Mail Innovations. People have been saying this for years, though. So, I don't expect mentioning it again will change anything.
    1991- Hollywood Palladium, California with Temple of the Dog, Soundgarden, and Alice in Chains -RIP Magazine Show Oct. 6th
    1992- Lollapalooza, Irvine, California
    Nothing since then. I suck.
    2016- Fenway Park, Boston - Both glorious nights
    2022- Oakland Night 2
    2024 Sacramento, CA
  • Options
    BF25394BF25394 Posts: 3,819
    JL95453 said:
    Mine still hasn't arrived (10C red/black variant),and shows no update since leaving Seattle.  I'll echo what everyone has said - it's ridiculous that pre-orders a month ahead of the release are still not in our hands.  It reeks of greed - the urge to listen properly on vinyl certainly sent many to buy a second copy during RSD.  I couldn't justify doing that after paying over $70 (with shipping charges) for the 10C version.  Listening to the streaming versions of the new record sucks.  
    It doesn't reek of greed. They're not Machiavellian. It reeks of disorganization and understaffing. I think they should have had a better plan to get these things out on time, and I'm annoyed that my CDs and LP didn't arrive until Monday, but it's not something sinister.

I'm curious about your reference to listening "properly on vinyl." What did you do for the roughly twenty years from 1990 to 2010 when almost no artists were releasing their albums on vinyl?
    I gather speed from you fucking with me.
  • Options
    T-Bone 82T-Bone 82 Posts: 400
    This is very annoying. I checked yesterday AM and it was due to arrive by 7:00 PM yesterday. It is now due to arrive by Thursday 4/25. 

I really wish I would have bought it from the local record store over the weekend. Of course, I could have done so and perhaps got the Philly variant, but I really only need one vinyl... 

When you pre-order something months in advance, it should probably arrive a little closer to the public release date, if not sooner. 
    "Darkness comes in waves, tell me, why invite it to stay?"
  • Options
    mpedone said:
    Well my package probably will be here in NY THURSDAY  if I'm lucky but most likely FRIDAY a week after release if this isn't greed it's incompetence 

Do you think the Ten Club coordinated with USPS/UPS to sit on our shipments for a few days to entice us to buy more variants? Just as a reminder, we're talking about a group (Ten Club) that still has the album listed in the shop as a "pre-order" and hasn't updated the discography to include it. I'm thinking it might not be the most tightly-run ship in the fleet.
    I bet Newman is behind this scheme. Someone get Postmaster General Henry Atkins on the phone. Whatever needs to be fixed here, he will by God get it done.
  • Options
    BF25394 said:
    mpedone said:
    Well my package probably will be here in NY THURSDAY  if I'm lucky but most likely FRIDAY a week after release if this isn't greed it's incompetence 

Do you think the Ten Club coordinated with USPS/UPS to sit on our shipments for a few days to entice us to buy more variants? Just as a reminder, we're talking about a group (Ten Club) that still has the album listed in the shop as a "pre-order" and hasn't updated the discography to include it. I'm thinking it might not be the most tightly-run ship in the fleet.
    I bet Newman is behind this scheme. Someone get Postmaster General Henry Atkins on the phone. Whatever needs to be fixed here, he will by God get it done.
    gee if I wanted snarky remarks from asshats I could go to Facebook
  • Options
    kmcmanuskmcmanus Posts: 675
    I know it’s not malice. I know it’s not the end of the world. But when my tracking said Monday 4/22 I was pretty zen, now that’s it’s jumped 5 additional days to Saturday I’m kinda pissed. Especially since nothing so far has made me confident about that Saturday date, for all I know it’ll jump again to Thursday 5/3.
    I’m a Mets/Knicks guy who would absolutely have bought the NY one local if I’d known. 
    I know, I know, first world problems. But this isn’t “slightly” late anymore.
  • Options
    kmcmanus said:
    I know it’s not malice. I know it’s not the end of the world. But when my tracking said Monday 4/22 I was pretty zen, now that’s it’s jumped 5 additional days to Saturday I’m kinda pissed. Especially since nothing so far has made me confident about that Saturday date, for all I know it’ll jump again to Thursday 5/3.
    I’m a Mets/Knicks guy who would absolutely have bought the NY one local if I’d known. 
    It's fine to be upset, I'm just curious as to why people are upset at the Ten Club for USPS being slow. Sure, they could have shipped it earlier which might have helped, but once it's in the mail, it's not really their responsibility anymore, is it?
    "I'm a lucky man, to count on both hands the [shows I've done]. Some folks just have one, others they got none..."

Hartford 10.02.96 | Mansfield 2 09.16.98 | Mansfield 1 08.29.00 | Mansfield 1 07.02.03 | Mansfield 3 07.11.03 | Boston 2 05.25.06 | Tampa 04.11.16 | Fenway 1 08.05.16 | Fenway 2 08.07.16 | Fenway 1 09.02.18 | Fenway 2 09.04.18 | Baltimore 03.28.20 | Hamilton 09.06.22 | Toronto 09.08.22 | Nashville 09.16.22 | St Louis 09.18.22

• Options
    bootlegbootleg Posts: 622
    There’s no nefarious plot here.  Just some miscalculation and mismanagement of the process overall.  My thought is they shouldn’t be so afraid of it getting out there and leaking early.  In fact that should actually be the advertised benefit of ordering through the 10c.  In a world that’s moving to streaming and digital, if you order a physical copy you get it a week before everyone else.  Kind of like they did with Vitalogy on Vinyl back in the day.  I bet that would actually move a lot more copies.  Either that or have it be some kind of special version like they did with the Backspacer CD being the booklet case vs the jewel case in the store.
  • Options
    mpedone said:
    kmcmanus said:
    It's fine to be upset, I'm just curious as to why people are upset at the Ten Club for USPS being slow. Sure, they could have shipped it earlier which might have helped, but once it's in the mail, it's not really their responsibility anymore, is it?
    Yes, you ship it early exactly because you can’t control USPS. Also, I never said I was pissed at 10C per se, I just thought this was a place to express annoyance with the situation. 
  • Options
    kmcmanus said:
    mpedone said:
    kmcmanus said:
    Yes, you ship it early exactly because you can’t control USPS. Also, I never said I was pissed at 10C per se, I just thought this was a place to express annoyance with the situation. 
    Fair. I don't think they ship early on purpose, though, to avoid leaks. They're not trying to get you/us to go buy another copy, but they are trying to make sure that others who didn't pre-order will.

• Options
    mpedone said:
    dwjmu84 said:

In my experience, straight up USPS Media Mail has always been cheaper and faster than using Mail Innovations. People have been saying this for years, though. So, I don't expect mentioning it again will change anything.

Interesting. Poking around a little bit at other artists' website shops, some offer Media Mail, but most don't (and shipping was about the same as Ten Club). Media Mail was a few dollars cheaper, but still ~$10 to ship vinyl.

• Options
    lexicondevillexicondevil Bay Area Posts: 1,969
    mpedone said:
    mpedone said:
    dwjmu84 said:

Interesting. Poking around a little bit at other artists' website shops, some offer Media Mail, but most don't (and shipping was about the same as Ten Club). Media Mail was a few dollars cheaper, but still ~$10 to ship vinyl.
    I ship media mail often, and it's not $10 to ship. Also, it tends to be quicker than MI. Do you work in the 10C warehouse? You sure are spending a lot of time rebuking anyone's complaints.
    1991- Hollywood Palladium, California with Temple of the Dog, Soundgarden, and Alice in Chains -RIP Magazine Show Oct. 6th
    1992- Lollapalooza, Irvine, California
    Nothing since then. I suck.
    2016- Fenway Park, Boston - Both glorious nights
    2022- Oakland Night 2
    2024 Sacramento, CA
  • Options
    BF25394 said:
    mpedone said:

Jesus Christ, it's just a Seinfeld reference. If remembering the great Wilford Brimley makes me an "asshat," I don't want to be a... um... non-asshat.
  • Options
    desolatejoydesolatejoy London Posts: 254
    mpedone said:
    dwjmu84 said:

I'm confused on what you expect 10 Club to say. "Sorry, US Postal Service kinda sucks!"

I was referring more to the fact that CD’s seem to be making there way to the UK (where I’m based) ahead of the 10C vinyl. Made me think there may have been a delay to said vinyl for some reason. 
    But now they are landing on people’s doorsteps in the US I’m more hopeful. 
    Wembley Arena, London - 28/10/96
    Wembley Arena, London - 30/05/00 
    Wembley Arena, London - 18/06/07
    02 Arena, London - 18/08/09
    Hammersmith Apollo, London - 30/07/12 EV Solo
    Bowl, Milton Keynes - 11/07/2014
    Hammersmith Apollo, London - 06/06/17 EV Solo
    O2 Arena, London - 18/06/18
    O2 Arena, London - 17/07/18

It's an art to live with pain, mix the light into grey...
  • Options
    allstar340allstar340 NYC Posts: 804
    edited April 23
    I’m so frustrated and upset over not getting the 10c vinyl still in NYC. Stuck in Jersey City now and not sure I’ll ever see it the way that USPS facility operates. Would’ve loved to see some attention to detail when shipping these out to the people most anticipating the album when we paid a premium for shipping and ordered months in advance…I would’ve paid extra to have them send it via FedEx or literally any way that wasn’t going to involve USPS. 

Love the new album and really excited to spin it when it gets here, but this preorder cycle has made me rethink ever ordering from the 10 club directly when I could’ve supported a local business, spent less money, and received my record in a timely fashion.
    Post edited by allstar340 on
    08 -MSG I.eV Newark.Stone in BK. 09 -Spectrum II,III,IV. 10- Prudential Center.MSG I,II. Bridge School Benefit Nights I, II. 11- eV NY I, II. Bridge School Benefit Night II (eV solo). 12- Made in America Festival. 13- Oakland. 14- Bridge School Benefit Nights I, II. 17- eV Ohana. 18- Seattle I, II. 21- SHN. 22- ev & Earthlings Beacon, MSG, Camden. 23- eV & Earthlings Ohana. 24 - MSG I, II
  • Options
    mpedone said:
    dwjmu84 said:

I was referring more to the fact that CD’s seem to be making there way to the UK (where I’m based) ahead of the 10C vinyl. Made me think there may have been a delay to said vinyl for some reason. 
    Maybe the U.K. postal service hasn't been made to operate on a shoestring like the USPS, which is self-funded but has to get approval from Congress to raise rates, which it won't give even though it mandates that the USPS pre-fund billions of dollars in pension funds.
  • Options
    edited April 23
    mpedone said:
    mpedone said:
    dwjmu84 said:

I ship media mail often, and it's not $10 to ship. Also, it tends to be quicker than MI. Do you work in the 10C warehouse? You sure are spending a lot of time rebuking anyone's complaints.

Just trying to get people's anger/frustration focused in the right directions. As for Media Mail, all I can say is that's what I've seen to ship vinyl from other artist webstores. Maybe they're outliers.

• Options
    mpedone said:
    dwjmu84 said:

My thought on that is that each item was treated as a separate order, and so while it seems like they were processed together, were not. CDs probably went out first, and make their way through the system faster, for whatever reason.

• Options
    Anybody else here ever order from Polyvinyl? Now that’s who 10C should take notes from. 
  • Options
    kmcmanus said:
    Anybody else here ever order from Polyvinyl? Now that’s who 10C should take notes from. 
    Yes! I just bought some Rainer Maria CDs from them a few weeks ago. They are excellent. But the gold standard for me is Merge.
  • Options
    BF25394 said:
    kmcmanus said:
    Yes! I just bought some Rainer Maria CDs from them a few weeks ago. They are excellent. But the gold standard for me is Merge.
    If you dig Rainer Maria you should definitely check out awakebutstillinbed. 
  • Options
    dreamweaverdreamweaver New York Posts: 716
    I still don't have my Mojo mag or my TC vinyl. >:-(
    Meadowlands, MSG 1, MSG 2 - '98
    Jones Beach NY 1 + 3 - '00
    MSG 1 + 2 - '03
    Boston Garden - '04
    Montreal - '05
    Boston Garden 1, Meadowlands 1 + 2 - '06
    Mansfield 1 - '08
    (EV solo) Boston 1 - '08
    Chicago 1 - '09
    MSG -'10
    Brooklyn 1+2 - '13
    Central Park - '15
    MSG - '16
    Fenway - '16
    Wrigley - '16
    (RRHOF) Brooklyn - '17
    Fenway - '18
    MSG - '22
  • Options
    BF25394 said:
    kmcmanus said:
    Is Rainer Maria putting out new music? 

• Options
    jimjam1982jimjam1982 AZ Posts: 1,321
    edited April 24
    Mine is now pushed back to the 24th. Nearly a fucking week after it was released. Embarrassing effort by 10c. Be better. They don't even have the balls to apologize for the debacle
  • Options
    mpedone said:
    BF25394 said:
    kmcmanus said:
    Is Rainer Maria putting out new music? 
    No, I realized in the course of my listening project (which has ground to a halt later in the letter R-- Josh Rouse-- thanks to the surfeit of new material released this week from Pearl Jam and, to a lesser extent, Taylor Swift) that I was missing a couple of their releases, the "Ears Ring" EP and one of their early full-lengths.
  • Options
    KwienekeKwieneke Indiana Posts: 1,337
    Mine is now pushed back to the 24th. Nearly a fucking week after it was released. Embarrassing effort by 10c. Be better. They don't even have the balls to apologize for the debacle
    27th here. I’m in Indianapolis
    Noblesville 5.7.2010. Lexington 4.26.2016. Nashville 9.16.2022. St Louis 9.18.2022.
    Chicago 1 9.5.2023. Chicago 2 9.7.2023. 
    *Noblesville 9.10.2023* (Gutted) 
  • Options
    pjallipjalli Posts: 130
    edited April 24
    BF25394 said:
    It doesn't reek of greed. They're not Machiavellian. It reeks of disorganization and understaffing. I think they should have had a better plan to get these things out on time, and I'm annoyed that my CDs and LP didn't arrive until Monday, but it's not something sinister.

I'm curious about your reference to listening "properly on vinyl." What did you do for the roughly twenty years from 1990 to 2010 when almost no artists were releasing their albums on vinyl?
    Are you new here? We have been buying records from this band from the very beginning. This is the artist that has been consistently releasing on vinyl through all of these years, and they should know exactly what they are doing by now. What happened with this pre-sale is a debacle and pretty offensive to the very people who have been their most loyal fans. As for those saying they didn't ship early because they might be worried about leaks, I find that offensive given the press and insider listening parties they had several weeks ago.

If they are not able to handle this properly then they shouldn't have taken our money months ago. It's 2024, this isn't exactly difficult work. 

Oh and I live in NYC and still no record, tracking now says Thursday but who the fuck knows.
    Post edited by pjalli on
  • Options
    SB117186 said:
    Shipping label finally printed, shipment in LA, going to take a few days to get to Canada, but at least there is finally some movement!!
    Which one?  I got the same for my clear. But no shipping email for my Red, or cds yet.  I am also in Canada 
    "Rock and roll is something that can't be quantified, sometimes it's not even something you hear, but FEEL!" - Bob Lefsetz