Fan To Fan

Comments

• aisleseatsaisleseats Posts: 1,403
    Lifted said:
    Lifted said:
    I just snagged another pair for Philly 2. Was trying for Philly 1, but must’ve been moving too quick and bought the wrong show. Not great seats, but they’re in the building. Section 216 row 12…let me know if anyone wants me to try and time a drop. 
    I thought people would be on this like flies on shit, but I guess not. They are aisle seats if you’re into that. I’ll give it until the end of the day and then will be releasing.
    Good lookin' out. But Will Smith has turned me off to the whole Philly scene. ;)
  • RatherStarvedRatherStarved Posts: 4,881
    edited June 1
    Lifted said:
    I just snagged another pair for Philly 2. Was trying for Philly 1, but must’ve been moving too quick and bought the wrong show. Not great seats, but they’re in the building. Section 216 row 12…let me know if anyone wants me to try and time a drop. 
    To get in the building I am interested! 
    Me too and Sugarloafer and I are kind of buddies!

@Lifted
    @Sugarloafer04
    Post edited by RatherStarved on
    PJ: 2013: London (ON); Buffalo; 2014: Cincinnati; 2016: Sunrise, Miami, Toronto 1-2, Wrigley 2; 2018: London (UK) 1, Milan, Padova, Sea 2, Wrigley 1-2, Fenway 1-2; 2021: SHN, Ohana, Ohana Encore 1-2; 2022: LA 1-2, Phx, Oak 1-2, Fresno, Copenhagen, Hyde Park 1-2; Quebec, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto; MSG, Camden, Nashville, Louisville, St. Louis, OKC; 2023: St. Paul 1-2, Chicago 1-2; Fort Worth 2; Austin 1-2; 2024:  Vancouver 1-2, LV 1-2, LA 1-2, Napa, Barcelona 1-2

EV Solo: 2017 Louisville and Franklin, 2018 Ohana, 2019 Innings Fest, Berlin, Düsseldorf, Dublin and Ohana; 2021 Ohana Friday (from beach) and Saturday; 2022 Earthlings Newark; 2023 Innings Fest and Benoraya 1-2.

Gutted:  London 2 2018, Sacramento 2022, Noblesville 2023
  • LiftedLifted Posts: 1,833
    Lifted said:
    To get in the building I am interested! 
    Me too and Sugarloafer and I are kind of buddies!
    Sorry guys, I did a timed drop to the first person who messaged me. Unfortunately they seemed to have been beaten out by the bots.
  • Sugarloafer04Sugarloafer04 Telluride CO // Brooklyn NY Posts: 453
    yea that was me, I was on it right when they popped but got U504'ed on them unfortunately. 
    2016: Telluride, CO
    2018: Fenway 1
    2021: Sea.Hear.Now
    2022: San Diego, MSG, Camden 
    2023: Ft. Worth 1, Ft. Worth 2, Austin 1, Austin 2
    2024: Las Vegas 1, Las Vegas 2, Wrigley 1, Wrigley 2, MSG 1, MSG 2, Philly 2, Fenway 1, Fenway 2
  • blairs1blairs1 Ontario, Canada Posts: 245
    I think the way people were beating bots were doing single tickets at a time. If I had more vacation time this year I would have tried for them. 
  • PhartNPhartN Posts: 426
    blairs1 said:
    I think the way people were beating bots were doing single tickets at a time. If I had more vacation time this year I would have tried for them. 
    I have personally had success on 4 timed drops this tour for single ticket drops, in case you need a data point ;)
    1995: New Orleans, LA
    2006: Washington, D.C.
    2008: Washington, D.C.
    2010: Bristow, VA
    2013: Baltimore, MD
    2016: Hampton, VA
    2020: Baltimore, MD
    2023: Noblesville, IN TBD
    2024: Seattle, WA N1 and N2
  • ekwiptekwipt Posts: 527
    PhartN said:
    blairs1 said:
    I have personally had success on 4 timed drops this tour for single ticket drops, in case you need a data point ;)
    Bots were definitely grabbing good singles for the Seattle shows. They’re learning our tricks 😣 
  • danofundanofun Posts: 984
    ekwipt said:
    PhartN said:
    blairs1 said:
    Bots were definitely grabbing good singles for the Seattle shows. They’re learning our tricks 😣 
    Simply claiming, "the bots got 'em" ignores a multitude of realities. Even if you know a drop is coming, the stars need to align for you to win the tickets: you might not see them in a list or on the map as quickly as someone else, your card might require verification, it might take you longer to click all the buttons that need to be clicked, @SHZA may be lurking, etc. I remember in 2020 placing sticky notes on my monitor so I knew exactly where to click and even then my success rate was very low. In 2020 nobody was claiming "the bots got 'em!"

Plus, what percentage of people are running to this forum to post their success story when they do land F2F tickets? It's incredibly low. Are there bots? No doubt as we see the occasional drop end up on the secondary market. However, the majority of these tickets are getting into the hands of real fans, they're just not running to a forum to gloat.

Keep trying! You can fail 99 times out of 100 and still get in the building!
  • PhartNPhartN Posts: 426
    danofun said:
    ekwipt said:
    PhartN said:
    blairs1 said:
    Simply claiming, "the bots got 'em" ignores a multitude of realities. Even if you know a drop is coming, the stars need to align for you to win the tickets: you might not see them in a list or on the map as quickly as someone else, your card might require verification, it might take you longer to click all the buttons that need to be clicked, @SHZA may be lurking, etc. I remember in 2020 placing sticky notes on my monitor so I knew exactly where to click and even then my success rate was very low. In 2020 nobody was claiming "the bots got 'em!"

Plus, what percentage of people are running to this forum to post their success story when they do land F2F tickets? It's incredibly low. Are there bots? No doubt as we see the occasional drop end up on the secondary market. However, the majority of these tickets are getting into the hands of real fans, they're just not running to a forum to gloat.

Further, on show days, or leading up to them, there are many people just constantly refreshing.
    1995: New Orleans, LA
    2006: Washington, D.C.
    2008: Washington, D.C.
    2010: Bristow, VA
    2013: Baltimore, MD
    2016: Hampton, VA
    2020: Baltimore, MD
    2023: Noblesville, IN TBD
    2024: Seattle, WA N1 and N2
    danofun said:
    ekwipt said:
    PhartN said:
    blairs1 said:

I got in no problem with good side stage seats but GAs & row 1&2 floors for Seattle were disappearing and immediately showing up on resale sites. I don’t even think I saw SHZA give a GA victory “BOOM” for the Seattle shows. 
  • SHZASHZA Posts: 3,889
    edited June 1
    ekwipt said:
    danofun said:
    ekwipt said:
    PhartN said:
    blairs1 said:

I got in no problem with good side stage seats but GAs & row 1&2 floors for Seattle were disappearing and immediately showing up on resale sites. I don’t even think I saw SHZA give a GA victory “BOOM” for the Seattle shows. 
    You are correct, I hit at least one GA for the first 8 shows of the leg but whiffed on Seattle. I was pretty busy that week so didn't try that much but there also weren't as many opportunities as some of the prior shows. And bots definitely could have been a factor. 

Dano makes some good points, but at the same time, knowing that the drop is coming is a huge advantage. For someone who's just randomly F5ing for a show that's over three months away, it's hard to be locked in when you know you might not see anything pop up for hours or days. And if that person is out there, would an upper level pair even be an upgrade at this point? I seriously doubt it. Bots, however, will just buy everything in sight if there's a potential profit. 

I'm not sure how you can look at all the listings on resale sites and say that most of these drops are going to fans. 
    Post edited by SHZA on
    SHZA said:
    ekwipt said:
    danofun said:
    ekwipt said:
    PhartN said:
    blairs1 said:

You are correct, I hit at least one GA for the first 8 shows of the leg but whiffed on Seattle. I was pretty busy that week so didn't try that much but there also weren't as many opportunities as some of the prior shows. And bots definitely could have been a factor. 

Dano makes some good points, but at the same time, knowing that the drop is coming is a huge advantage. For someone who's just randomly F5ing for a show that's over three months away, it's hard to be locked in when you know you might not see anything pop up for hours or days. And if that person is out there, would an upper level pair even be an upgrade at this point? I seriously doubt it. Bots, however, will just buy everything in sight if there's a potential profit. 
    All I was saying is Seattle was the first time I noticed bots repeatedly getting singles. Not sure why Dano felt the need to explain the whole system to me 🤷‍♂️ 
    ekwipt said:
    SHZA said:
    ekwipt said:
    danofun said:
    ekwipt said:
    PhartN said:
    blairs1 said:

All I was saying is Seattle was the first time I noticed bots repeatedly getting singles. Not sure why Dano felt the need to explain the whole system to me 🤷‍♂️ 
    I hear you. I don't think I'm overly paranoid but I do think bots are a real issue. One look at the resale sites provides plenty of evidence 
    SHZA said:
    ekwipt said:
    SHZA said:
    ekwipt said:
    danofun said:
    ekwipt said:
    PhartN said:
    blairs1 said:

I hear you. I don't think I'm overly paranoid but I do think bots are a real issue. One look at the resale sites provides plenty of evidence 
    I’ve seen firsthand what they can do with rare sneaker drops and it’s scary stuff. 
  • danofundanofun Posts: 984
    ekwipt said:
    SHZA said:
    ekwipt said:
    danofun said:
    ekwipt said:
    PhartN said:
    blairs1 said:

No disrespect meant and not directed solely at you. It's real easy to simply point to bots as why we fail to get a ticket.
    Missoula floors up sec 3 row 14 
  • CROJAM95CROJAM95 Posts: 9,774
    Got a pair of uppers at like 3am for Philly 2

205a

was only gonna do n1…. FUCK IT

• deb1211deb1211 Posts: 1,464
    Great I can get in philly 2 for $934 a ticket
  • UmphreysJam34UmphreysJam34 Posts: 816
    Anyone seen any GA tickets pop up for Missoula?
    Yes. Someone a few weeks ago posted that they were going to drop some and they were gone quick 
  • a5pja5pj Posts: 3,877
    Would like 4 for Philly 1 if anyone wants to give a heads up when dropping
    Wouldn't it be funny if the world ended in 2010, with lots of fire?

• spankyMPspankyMP Posts: 1,747
    Looking to accumulate 4 more for Fenway 9/17. Bringing the whole family now since I can no longer make it to Philly 1.
    Randall's Island 9/29/96, Continental Arena 9/8/98, MSG 9/10/98, Jones Beach 8/23/00, 8/24/00, 8/25/00, Nassau Coliseum 4/30/03, MSG 7/8/03, 7/9/03, Continental Arena 6/1/06, 6/3/06, MSG 6/24/08, 6/25/08, Spectrum 10/30/09, 10/31/09, MSG 5/20/10, 5/21/10, PJ20 9/3/11, 9/4/11, Charlottesville 10/29/13, Charlotte 10/30/13, Global Citizen 9/26/15, Raleigh 4/20/16 :( Baltimore 3/28/20 :( Austin 9/18/23, 9/19/23, Forum 5/21/24, Baltimore 9/12/24, Fenway 9/17/24
  • RatherStarvedRatherStarved Posts: 4,881
    spankyMP said:
    Looking to accumulate 4 more for Fenway 9/17. Bringing the whole family now since I can no longer make it to Philly 1.
    If you need someone to take PHL1 off your hands look no further! 
    PJ: 2013: London (ON); Buffalo; 2014: Cincinnati; 2016: Sunrise, Miami, Toronto 1-2, Wrigley 2; 2018: London (UK) 1, Milan, Padova, Sea 2, Wrigley 1-2, Fenway 1-2; 2021: SHN, Ohana, Ohana Encore 1-2; 2022: LA 1-2, Phx, Oak 1-2, Fresno, Copenhagen, Hyde Park 1-2; Quebec, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto; MSG, Camden, Nashville, Louisville, St. Louis, OKC; 2023: St. Paul 1-2, Chicago 1-2; Fort Worth 2; Austin 1-2; 2024:  Vancouver 1-2, LV 1-2, LA 1-2, Napa, Barcelona 1-2

EV Solo: 2017 Louisville and Franklin, 2018 Ohana, 2019 Innings Fest, Berlin, Düsseldorf, Dublin and Ohana; 2021 Ohana Friday (from beach) and Saturday; 2022 Earthlings Newark; 2023 Innings Fest and Benoraya 1-2.

Gutted:  London 2 2018, Sacramento 2022, Noblesville 2023
  • steven87steven87 Posts: 1,440
    Has anyone on here ever been bot blocked on the TM app, and not been able to resolve it by turning off WiFi and switching to cellular? This started happening to me yesterday, and I never encountered it before. I tried turning off wifi, connecting to a different WiFi network, trying different accounts, restarting my phone, and uninstalling and reinstalling the app, but none of it worked. I can still access TM on my laptop, so this appears to be a phone issue as opposed to an ISP issue. Has anyone ever encountered anything like this before? If so, any idea how to resolve it? Any thoughts/guidance would be great appreciated. TIA!
    steven87 said:
    Has anyone on here ever been bot blocked on the TM app, and not been able to resolve it by turning off WiFi and switching to cellular? This started happening to me yesterday, and I never encountered it before. I tried turning off wifi, connecting to a different WiFi network, trying different accounts, restarting my phone, and uninstalling and reinstalling the app, but none of it worked. I can still access TM on my laptop, so this appears to be a phone issue as opposed to an ISP issue. Has anyone ever encountered anything like this before? If so, any idea how to resolve it? Any thoughts/guidance would be great appreciated. TIA!
    You have to just wait it out. The block is to your device, not your account. Sometimes it goes away after an hour or two, sometimes it takes longer.
  • MG79478MG79478 Posts: 1,665
    I've been trying to get 2 for Baltimore and 1 or 2 for Philly 1.  It's crazy how fast tickets sell.  Even on timed drops when you know they are appearing, they are gone instantly.  
    edited June 5
    MG79478 said:
    I've been trying to get 2 for Baltimore and 1 or 2 for Philly 1.  It's crazy how fast tickets sell.  Even on timed drops when you know they are appearing, they are gone instantly.  
    Yeah, just saw a pair of great Philly 1 seats. I selected from the map before they even showed up on the list and couldn’t even cart them. 

Failed to cart Baltimore Sunday night, and errored out on Philly 1 Monday morning. Frustrating.

That said, I did get great seats for Philly 2 on f2f, and got a second pair that wasn’t as good for the same show while thinking I was on the philly1 page.
    Post edited by Lifted on
  • JE224127JE224127 Posts: 443
    Bots are hard to compete with….
  • spankyMPspankyMP Posts: 1,747
    JE224127 said:
    Bots are hard to compete with….
    *Shakes fist*
    Randall's Island 9/29/96, Continental Arena 9/8/98, MSG 9/10/98, Jones Beach 8/23/00, 8/24/00, 8/25/00, Nassau Coliseum 4/30/03, MSG 7/8/03, 7/9/03, Continental Arena 6/1/06, 6/3/06, MSG 6/24/08, 6/25/08, Spectrum 10/30/09, 10/31/09, MSG 5/20/10, 5/21/10, PJ20 9/3/11, 9/4/11, Charlottesville 10/29/13, Charlotte 10/30/13, Global Citizen 9/26/15, Raleigh 4/20/16 :( Baltimore 3/28/20 :( Austin 9/18/23, 9/19/23, Forum 5/21/24, Baltimore 9/12/24, Fenway 9/17/24