Options

Fan To Fan

bbdowell1627bbdowell1627 Posts: 152
edited April 2 in Given To Fly (live)
Fan to fan should be up by now right? Anyone have any information about it?
Post edited by Sea on
«13456741

Comments

  • Options
    RatherStarvedRatherStarved Posts: 4,171
    We’re all waiting for it to start.  There isn’t any news on when it will.  
    PJ: 2013: London (ON); Buffalo; 2014: Cincinnati; 2016: Sunrise, Miami, Toronto 1-2, Wrigley 2; 2018: London (UK) 1, Milan, Padova, Sea 2, Wrigley 1-2, Fenway 1-2; 2021: SHN, Ohana, Ohana Encore 1-2; 2022: LA 1-2, Phx, Oak 1-2, Fresno, Copenhagen, Hyde Park 1-2; Quebec, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto; MSG, Camden, Nashville, Louisville, St. Louis, OKC; 2023: St. Paul 1-2, Chicago 1-2; Fort Worth 2; Austin 1-2
     
    EV Solo: 2017 Louisville and Franklin, 2018 Ohana, 2019 Innings Fest, Berlin, Düsseldorf, Dublin and Ohana; 2021 Ohana Friday (from beach) and Saturday; 2022 Earthlings Newark; 2023 Innings Fest and Benoraya 1-2.

    Gutted:  London 2 2018, Sacramento 2022, Noblesville 2023
  • Options
    The option to sell my Indy & MSG tix is there in my TM acct, and it's also there for my husband's MSG & Philly tix (did not check Baltimore)

    Did not click on sell as we have no intention of selling any. Maybe people just haven't started posting tix yet?
    2003 Spectrum, Camden 2, Holmdel 2004 Reading, PA 2005 Philly 2006 Hartford, Camden 1&2, E. Rutherford 1&2 2008 Camden 1&2, MSG 1&2  2009 Spectrum 1,2,3,4  2010 Hartford, Newark, MSG 1&2 2013 Wrigley, Pittsburgh, Brooklyn 1&2, Philly 1&2,  Baltimore 2014 Leeds, Cincinnati  2015 GCF  2016 Sunrise, Miami, Hampton, Philly 1&2, MSG 1&2, Fenway 1&2  2017 RHoF Induction 2018 Seattle 1&2 Fenway 1&2 2021 Sea Hear Now 2022 Hamilton, Toronto, MSG, Camden 2023 Indy

  • Options
    TA243471TA243471 The Great Northwest Posts: 1,106
    Once you click on the button, it will tell you that Fan to Fan hasn't started yet.  For all but Indy.
    • 2006: Gorge 1
    • 2009: Seattle 1
    • 2013: Seattle
    • 2016: Wrigley 1 & 2
    • 2018: Seattle 1&2, Montana
    • 2020: San Diego, LA 1&2, Oakland 1&2
    • 2022: San Diego, LA 1&2, Fresno, Sacramento, Las Vegas, Denver
  • Options
    JimmyVJimmyV Boston's MetroWest Posts: 18,875
    Still not active as of this morning. 
    ___________________________________________

    "...I changed by not changing at all..."
  • Options
    Weston1283Weston1283 Fredericksburg, VA Posts: 4,626
    Could be a few more weeks... maybe early April?  I remember reading "Spring" somewhere
    2010: Cleveland
    2012: Atlanta
    2013: London ONT / Wrigley Field / Pittsburgh / Buffalo / San Diego / Los Angeles I / Los Angeles II
    2014: Cincinnati / St. Louis / Tulsa / Lincoln / Detroit / Denver
    2015: New York City
    2016: Ft. Lauderdale / Miami / Jacksonville / Greenville / Hampton / Columbia / Lexington / Philly II / New York City II / Toronto II / Bonnaroo / Telluride / Fenway I / Wrigley I / Wrigley - II / TOTD - Philadelphia, San Francisco
    2017: Ohana Fest (EV)
    2018: Amsterdam I / Amsterdam II / Seattle I / Seattle II / Boston I / Boston II
    2021: Asbury Park / Ohana Encore 1 / Ohana Encore 2
    2022: Phoenix / LA I / LA II / Quebec City / Ottawa / New York City / Camden / Nashville / St. Louis / Denver
    2023: St. Paul II
  • Options
    RatherStarvedRatherStarved Posts: 4,171
    Based on a very wild assumption I am making about putting 2 and 2 together I think it might open next week.  That’s basically total speculation but it’s based on a tiny piece of information that I’m reading a lot into.  
    PJ: 2013: London (ON); Buffalo; 2014: Cincinnati; 2016: Sunrise, Miami, Toronto 1-2, Wrigley 2; 2018: London (UK) 1, Milan, Padova, Sea 2, Wrigley 1-2, Fenway 1-2; 2021: SHN, Ohana, Ohana Encore 1-2; 2022: LA 1-2, Phx, Oak 1-2, Fresno, Copenhagen, Hyde Park 1-2; Quebec, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto; MSG, Camden, Nashville, Louisville, St. Louis, OKC; 2023: St. Paul 1-2, Chicago 1-2; Fort Worth 2; Austin 1-2
     
    EV Solo: 2017 Louisville and Franklin, 2018 Ohana, 2019 Innings Fest, Berlin, Düsseldorf, Dublin and Ohana; 2021 Ohana Friday (from beach) and Saturday; 2022 Earthlings Newark; 2023 Innings Fest and Benoraya 1-2.

    Gutted:  London 2 2018, Sacramento 2022, Noblesville 2023
  • Options
    bbdowell1627bbdowell1627 Posts: 152
    Based on a very wild assumption I am making about putting 2 and 2 together I think it might open next week.  That’s basically total speculation but it’s based on a tiny piece of information that I’m reading a lot into.  
    Heard - I crave the stress of checking F2F 🤣🤣🤣
  • Options
    ZodZod Posts: 10,088
    yah, they try to leave it off to move platinum tickets, but yah, they're probably trying to move more platinum tickets first.
  • Options
    LiteTheMatchLiteTheMatch Posts: 1,174
    Zod said:
    yah, they try to leave it off to move platinum tickets, but yah, they're probably trying to move more platinum tickets first.

    Do you know if they're going to release face value tickets?
    A child's rhyme stuck in my head...
    It said "Life is nothing but a dream."
    I've spent so many years in question
    To find I'd known this all along.
  • Options
    RatherStarvedRatherStarved Posts: 4,171
    Zod said:
    yah, they try to leave it off to move platinum tickets, but yah, they're probably trying to move more platinum tickets first.

    Do you know if they're going to release face value tickets?
    Nobody knows.  They usually do in dribs and drabs as the event gets closer.  Best bet is fan to fan when it opens.  Which, nobody knows when that will be.  
    PJ: 2013: London (ON); Buffalo; 2014: Cincinnati; 2016: Sunrise, Miami, Toronto 1-2, Wrigley 2; 2018: London (UK) 1, Milan, Padova, Sea 2, Wrigley 1-2, Fenway 1-2; 2021: SHN, Ohana, Ohana Encore 1-2; 2022: LA 1-2, Phx, Oak 1-2, Fresno, Copenhagen, Hyde Park 1-2; Quebec, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto; MSG, Camden, Nashville, Louisville, St. Louis, OKC; 2023: St. Paul 1-2, Chicago 1-2; Fort Worth 2; Austin 1-2
     
    EV Solo: 2017 Louisville and Franklin, 2018 Ohana, 2019 Innings Fest, Berlin, Düsseldorf, Dublin and Ohana; 2021 Ohana Friday (from beach) and Saturday; 2022 Earthlings Newark; 2023 Innings Fest and Benoraya 1-2.

    Gutted:  London 2 2018, Sacramento 2022, Noblesville 2023
  • Options
    ZodZod Posts: 10,088
    Zod said:
    yah, they try to leave it off to move platinum tickets, but yah, they're probably trying to move more platinum tickets first.

    Do you know if they're going to release face value tickets?
    That's not really how concerts work anymore.   They release what they want during the initial sale, and most everything left is platinum.   They goal is try to charge as much as they can for those tickets.   If the tickets don't move, then the price lowers as the concert date gets closer.  If they really don't move there can be significant prices buts right before the show (Sometimes going below face value).  I suppose once and a while there's releases of tickets that were on hold (ones not needed for promos, family, guests etc..), but those are usually also last second.

    It's all supply and demand now.  If the demand is slim the prices will get cheaper the closer to the concert date.  If demand is insane, not so much.
  • Options
    Shaunwalker117Shaunwalker117 Seattle Posts: 1
    Still not open, ridiculous
  • Options
    ZodZod Posts: 10,088
    Still not open, ridiculous
    There's so many platinum tickets for sale in Vancouver that I don't think will move, because they're not great tickets.  Lots in the back of the lower bowl kind of thing.  I'm guessing they don't turn on fan2fan until they sell more tickets, but how do they sell more tickets when they're overpriced for where they are.   You can probably get people to pay for platinum prices in the wings closer to the stage and floor, but back of the arena, not so much.

    I think with the EV shows I saw in seattle, some of them didn't open until a couple of weeks before the show.    Once it opens I think it becomes harder for them to sell platinum.

    I suppose the positive is how many of the seats are behind the 10c seats in Vancouver, so while there were some up closer, the majority seem to be behind which I guess is a good thing.

    I still think it's weird TM put all those tickets up at once.  Doesn't create artificial scarcity.   After the EV shows in Seattle last year where they didn't start posting platinum tickets until something liek a month after the onsale, so this one dumping them all for sale at once.  It almost feels like it's people doing it, and no an algorithm.
  • Options
    Lerxst1992Lerxst1992 Posts: 6,112
    Zod said:
    Still not open, ridiculous
    There's so many platinum tickets for sale in Vancouver that I don't think will move, because they're not great tickets.  Lots in the back of the lower bowl kind of thing.  I'm guessing they don't turn on fan2fan until they sell more tickets, but how do they sell more tickets when they're overpriced for where they are.   You can probably get people to pay for platinum prices in the wings closer to the stage and floor, but back of the arena, not so much.

    I think with the EV shows I saw in seattle, some of them didn't open until a couple of weeks before the show.    Once it opens I think it becomes harder for them to sell platinum.

    I suppose the positive is how many of the seats are behind the 10c seats in Vancouver, so while there were some up closer, the majority seem to be behind which I guess is a good thing.

    I still think it's weird TM put all those tickets up at once.  Doesn't create artificial scarcity.   After the EV shows in Seattle last year where they didn't start posting platinum tickets until something liek a month after the onsale, so this one dumping them all for sale at once.  It almost feels like it's people doing it, and no an algorithm.

    It’s clearly price manipulation by TM and the band. They promised “up to 10%” being market rates and clearly for the east shows, they have no intention of approaching anywhere near 10% inventory being premium priced tickets nor establish a market rate. 

    If they were ever to dump 1500 tickets for an east show, that would drive down the unit price. For Van, it seems they are holding to the ten percent but they will not all sell many at that price. So any extra tickets that they do get at that rate is more gravy $$. They just jack the prices as much as possible and hope fans get desperate. It looks like they’ll wait a couple weeks before the shows to release F2F - to maximize premium sales and hurt fans needing to move their tickets by having a limited window to sell.
  • Options
    bootlegbootleg Posts: 472
    I think now that more people are onto the games that TM plays, they will probably have to invent new ways to screw people over.
  • Options
    ZodZod Posts: 10,088
    edited March 19
    bootleg said:
    I think now that more people are onto the games that TM plays, they will probably have to invent new ways to screw people over.
    I imagine it changes behaviour over the long run.   It used to be all about getting the tickets right away, because the only option after something was sold out was brokers/resellers.  Now they put limited regular priced tickets for sale at the beginning, hold back a bunch for platinum, and the best time to buy is right before the show.

    It's horrible for people that have to travel (who likes booking and paying for travel plans without tickets in hand) but for people that live local, that's the way to go.  Unless you live in a really dense place like New York, then there's probably no winning  :)
    Post edited by Zod on
  • Options
    RatherStarvedRatherStarved Posts: 4,171
    Open the darn thing already! 
    PJ: 2013: London (ON); Buffalo; 2014: Cincinnati; 2016: Sunrise, Miami, Toronto 1-2, Wrigley 2; 2018: London (UK) 1, Milan, Padova, Sea 2, Wrigley 1-2, Fenway 1-2; 2021: SHN, Ohana, Ohana Encore 1-2; 2022: LA 1-2, Phx, Oak 1-2, Fresno, Copenhagen, Hyde Park 1-2; Quebec, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto; MSG, Camden, Nashville, Louisville, St. Louis, OKC; 2023: St. Paul 1-2, Chicago 1-2; Fort Worth 2; Austin 1-2
     
    EV Solo: 2017 Louisville and Franklin, 2018 Ohana, 2019 Innings Fest, Berlin, Düsseldorf, Dublin and Ohana; 2021 Ohana Friday (from beach) and Saturday; 2022 Earthlings Newark; 2023 Innings Fest and Benoraya 1-2.

    Gutted:  London 2 2018, Sacramento 2022, Noblesville 2023
  • Options
    JimmyVJimmyV Boston's MetroWest Posts: 18,875
    This morning I spent the money I hope to get back from PJ Baltimore tickets on Sting in Boston tickets. So...yes. OPEN THE DAMN F2F ALREADY!!!
    ___________________________________________

    "...I changed by not changing at all..."
  • Options
    SHZASHZA St. Louis, MO USA Posts: 3,153
    Zod said:
    bootleg said:
    I think now that more people are onto the games that TM plays, they will probably have to invent new ways to screw people over.
    I imagine it changes behaviour over the long run.   It used to be all about getting the tickets right away, because the only option after something was sold out was brokers/resellers.  Now they put limited regular priced tickets for sale at the beginning, hold back a bunch for platinum, and the best time to buy is right before the show.

    It's horrible for people that have to travel (who likes booking and paying for travel plans without tickets in hand) but for people that live local, that's the way to go.  Unless you live in a really dense place like New York, then there's probably no winning  :)
    I saw Madonna the other night in Denver. The standard price for the best lower level tickets was $570 from the time they went on sale until the day of the show. By early afternoon on show day, they dropped to $225. By late afternoon they were $160 and there were hundreds available. I doubt they all sold but the place looked packed anyway. I flew out without tickets because I knew the price drop was coming based on what I'd seen for past shows. I guess some people aren't willing to take the chance or even book travel
  • Options
    JOEJOEJOEJOEJOEJOE Posts: 10,420
    Open the darn thing already! 
    Mr. Gorbachev, open the F2F!
  • Options
    HaijayHaijay Posts: 304
    JimmyV said:
    This morning I spent the money I hope to get back from PJ Baltimore tickets on Sting in Boston tickets. So...yes. OPEN THE DAMN F2F ALREADY!!!
    STING? Did you lose a bet, or taking the lady? Wow
  • Options
    100 Pacer100 Pacer Toronto, ON Posts: 8,501
    JOEJOEJOE said:
    Open the darn thing already! 
    Mr. Gorbachev, open the F2F!
    I laughed out loud.
    To quote the 10C from Newsletter #8: "Please understand we have a lot of members and it is very hard to please everybody. If you are one of those unhappy people...please call 1-900-IDN-TCAR."

    "Me knowing the truth, I can not concur."

    1996: Toronto - 1998: Chicago, Montreal, Barrie - 2000: Montreal, Toronto - 2002: Seattle X2 (Key Arena) - 2003: Cleveland, Buffalo, Toronto, Montreal, Seattle (Benaroya Hall) - 2004: Reading, Toledo, Grand Rapids - 2005: Kitchener, London, Hamilton, Montreal, Ottawa, Toronto, Quebec City - 2006: Toronto X2, Albany, Hartford, Grand Rapids, Cleveland - 2007: Chicago (Vic Theatre) - 2008: NYC X2, Hartford, Mansfield X2 - 2009: Toronto, Chicago X2, Seattle X2, Philadelphia X4 - 2010: Columbus, Noblesville, Cleveland, Buffalo, Hartford - 2011: Montreal, Toronto X2, Ottawa, Hamilton - 2012: Missoula - 2013: London, Chicago, Buffalo, Hartford - 2014: Detroit, Moline - 2015: NYC (Global Citizen Festival) - 2016: Greenville, Toronto X2, Chicago 1 - 2017: Brooklyn (RRHOF Induction) - 2018: Chicago 1, Boston 1 - 2022: Fresno, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto, NYC, Camden - 2023: St. Paul X2, Austin X2 - 2024: Vancouver X2, Portland, Sacramento, Noblesville, Philadelphia X2, Baltimore
  • Options
    runstaplesrunstaples NC/WY Posts: 185
    ^ I chuckled as well
    Appeared to be an animal, yet so polite.
  • Options
    RatherStarvedRatherStarved Posts: 4,171
    Bueller
    PJ: 2013: London (ON); Buffalo; 2014: Cincinnati; 2016: Sunrise, Miami, Toronto 1-2, Wrigley 2; 2018: London (UK) 1, Milan, Padova, Sea 2, Wrigley 1-2, Fenway 1-2; 2021: SHN, Ohana, Ohana Encore 1-2; 2022: LA 1-2, Phx, Oak 1-2, Fresno, Copenhagen, Hyde Park 1-2; Quebec, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto; MSG, Camden, Nashville, Louisville, St. Louis, OKC; 2023: St. Paul 1-2, Chicago 1-2; Fort Worth 2; Austin 1-2
     
    EV Solo: 2017 Louisville and Franklin, 2018 Ohana, 2019 Innings Fest, Berlin, Düsseldorf, Dublin and Ohana; 2021 Ohana Friday (from beach) and Saturday; 2022 Earthlings Newark; 2023 Innings Fest and Benoraya 1-2.

    Gutted:  London 2 2018, Sacramento 2022, Noblesville 2023
  • Options
    Charlie_modCharlie_mod Posts: 110
    Sting(k)…

    Sting(k)…

    cmon!!
  • Options
    steven87steven87 Posts: 1,184
    I’m going with April 1. And just to be clear, that’s just complete speculation on my part. Actually here’s what I’m predicting- they open it up for about an hour on April 1, and then shut it back down again. April fools!
  • Options
    ZodZod Posts: 10,088
    Anyone had luck with adding a Canadian bank account on ticketmaster?  Trying to prep to sell a spare pair.   When I setup my US account for selling in the US, I never saw the two TM deposits land that it uses to verify the account. I ended up having to go with the debit card instead.  Same problem in Canada, except it refused to recongize the postal code when trying to add a Canadian debit card.
  • Options
    steven87steven87 Posts: 1,184
    Zod said:
    Anyone had luck with adding a Canadian bank account on ticketmaster?  Trying to prep to sell a spare pair.   When I setup my US account for selling in the US, I never saw the two TM deposits land that it uses to verify the account. I ended up having to go with the debit card instead.  Same problem in Canada, except it refused to recongize the postal code when trying to add a Canadian debit card.
    I believe (but am not certain) that the two small TM deposits don’t come through until you actually use the account to sell tickets. At least this what was a TM rep indicated to me. I set up a wise account for purposes of doing F2F for the Canadian shows. I input the account info into TM and everything appeared to go through, but I never saw the two small deposits. I spoke to a TM rep who said I wouldn’t see the deposits until I actually sell tickets. So I’m keeping my fingers crossed. As a backup though, he told me that even if I don’t have a Canadian bank account, I would still get paid out by physical check, it would just take some time. I had a similar situation for the Ottawa show a few years ago- I sold a pair of tickets and it took 2-3 months after the show to get paid (by physical check). I’m hoping that the wise account works out and I’ll be able to get paid within a week of selling, but we’ll see. 
  • Options
    ZodZod Posts: 10,088
    steven87 said:
    Zod said:
    Anyone had luck with adding a Canadian bank account on ticketmaster?  Trying to prep to sell a spare pair.   When I setup my US account for selling in the US, I never saw the two TM deposits land that it uses to verify the account. I ended up having to go with the debit card instead.  Same problem in Canada, except it refused to recongize the postal code when trying to add a Canadian debit card.
    I believe (but am not certain) that the two small TM deposits don’t come through until you actually use the account to sell tickets. At least this what was a TM rep indicated to me. I set up a wise account for purposes of doing F2F for the Canadian shows. I input the account info into TM and everything appeared to go through, but I never saw the two small deposits. I spoke to a TM rep who said I wouldn’t see the deposits until I actually sell tickets. So I’m keeping my fingers crossed. As a backup though, he told me that even if I don’t have a Canadian bank account, I would still get paid out by physical check, it would just take some time. I had a similar situation for the Ottawa show a few years ago- I sold a pair of tickets and it took 2-3 months after the show to get paid (by physical check). I’m hoping that the wise account works out and I’ll be able to get paid within a week of selling, but we’ll see. 
    Yah I'm in the opposite boat.  I'm Canadian, but opened a US Bank account for when I have to sell tickets to US shows, but Canada is my domestic region, so I wasn't sure if having the US Debit Card attached to my account, was messing up my TM.  Good to know that the deposits might not hit until later.

    When I sold US tickets I never saw the deposits either, and ended up using the debit card to make it work....  they don't make it easy :)
  • Options
    steven87steven87 Posts: 1,184
    Zod said:
    steven87 said:
    Zod said:
    Anyone had luck with adding a Canadian bank account on ticketmaster?  Trying to prep to sell a spare pair.   When I setup my US account for selling in the US, I never saw the two TM deposits land that it uses to verify the account. I ended up having to go with the debit card instead.  Same problem in Canada, except it refused to recongize the postal code when trying to add a Canadian debit card.
    I believe (but am not certain) that the two small TM deposits don’t come through until you actually use the account to sell tickets. At least this what was a TM rep indicated to me. I set up a wise account for purposes of doing F2F for the Canadian shows. I input the account info into TM and everything appeared to go through, but I never saw the two small deposits. I spoke to a TM rep who said I wouldn’t see the deposits until I actually sell tickets. So I’m keeping my fingers crossed. As a backup though, he told me that even if I don’t have a Canadian bank account, I would still get paid out by physical check, it would just take some time. I had a similar situation for the Ottawa show a few years ago- I sold a pair of tickets and it took 2-3 months after the show to get paid (by physical check). I’m hoping that the wise account works out and I’ll be able to get paid within a week of selling, but we’ll see. 
    Yah I'm in the opposite boat.  I'm Canadian, but opened a US Bank account for when I have to sell tickets to US shows, but Canada is my domestic region, so I wasn't sure if having the US Debit Card attached to my account, was messing up my TM.  Good to know that the deposits might not hit until later.

    When I sold US tickets I never saw the deposits either, and ended up using the debit card to make it work....  they don't make it easy :)
    They certainly don’t make it easy. Last time around, I had to keep hounding them to get them to issue the check. I was annoyed that it took 2-3 months after the Ottawa show to get paid, but I later learned that compared to other people, that wasn’t bad at all. It took a buddy of mine 9 months to get paid. Just crazy!
Sign In or Register to comment.