Options

European Tour Sales = Desaster

Comments

• Options
    HaijayHaijay Posts: 346
    What is a DESASTER? Worse than a DISASTER? Sounds like it🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️
  • Options
    Zen23Zen23 Posts: 382
    Oh my goodness. It's already come to this?!
  • Options
    cloudsnmarscloudsnmars Switzerland (for now) But from Aotearoa Posts: 113
    kaw753 said:
    I have a stupid question. The NZ/Aus tour had the second nights added "due to unprecedented demand." Why did they even announce the second nights in Berlin and Barcelona before the first nights sold out? Seems like they could have saved themselves some bad PR by just holding off on those. Clearly, they would not have announced the second night and maybe pivoted by adding a show or two later on to fill in the schedule gaps. It seems like adding a show in the South of France or Zurich is better than playing to a half empty arena on a Monday night in Barcelona. 
    Mate, agree re:Zurich,that sold out in under 5 mins for the '22 show... would've done the same for this year I think... ( AC/DC sold out in 20 mins for a Stadium of 55,000 in Zurich for this year ) It's a strange model for this Euro tour,and skipping Italy is baffling also.Hope they make some changes for the next Euro tour,it's kinda sad how this has panned out ( ticket sales I mean)
  • Options
    just_onejust_one Lisbon Posts: 2,013
    edited March 6
    The only way the barcelona,london and berlin starts selling is with these prices

Barcelona
    Balcony upper seats :  60€
    Balcony lower seats : 80 €

Berlin
    2nd ring : 100 €
    3rd ring : 80 €

London : 
    Upper seats : 60£
    Lower seats : 80£
    rear GA : 90£

unfortunally i dont see them lowering the prices so it is what it is
  • Options
    axeljohanaxeljohan Posts: 419
    Well, 2nd tier in Berlin is close to sold out, I don’t see that they need to lower those prices.

3rd tier however is a different discussion. 
  • Options
    OfThePearlOfThePearl Posts: 670
    kaw753 said:
    I have a stupid question. The NZ/Aus tour had the second nights added "due to unprecedented demand." Why did they even announce the second nights in Berlin and Barcelona before the first nights sold out? Seems like they could have saved themselves some bad PR by just holding off on those. Clearly, they would not have announced the second night and maybe pivoted by adding a show or two later on to fill in the schedule gaps. It seems like adding a show in the South of France or Zurich is better than playing to a half empty arena on a Monday night in Barcelona. 
    Way back, I recall that someone from Aus said that is their typical way of announcing 2 night shows, to announce nt1 then add the other a little later. The "official" tour rumor 1st page had 2 nights for Auck, Sydney and Melbourne, all along. So it appears they were planned, and not truly added. (Not to get hopes up for more "added" shows elsewhere).

But I know nothing officially, just what someone posted here.
  • Options
    edited March 6
    I think they want to do their concerts with as little traveling as possible. That’s why they set up 2 concerts in Berlin and Barcelona and thought that fans from Scandinavia, Eastern Europe, Italy will come to them.
    Looks like this doesn’t work out as planned. Maybe due to the high ticket prices, the late announcement and the football Euros, which makes traveling more expensive. 
    Post edited by axeljohan on
  • Options
    axeljohan said:
    I think they want to do their concerts with as little traveling as possible. That’s why they set up 2 concerts in Berlin and Barcelona and thought that fans from Scandinavia, Eastern Europe, Italy. 
    Looks like this doesn’t work out as planned. Maybe due to the high ticket prices, the late announcement and the football Euros, which makes traveling more expensive. 
    i truly believe these are the reasons.

Euro only affects germany
  • Options
    JPPJ84JPPJ84 Hamburg, Germany Posts: 3,442
    just_one said:
    axeljohan said:
    I think they want to do their concerts with as little traveling as possible. That’s why they set up 2 concerts in Berlin and Barcelona and thought that fans from Scandinavia, Eastern Europe, Italy. 

Are Germany playing themselves?? ;)
  • Options
    28% of the non-festival gigs are in Berlin. You always had lots of people from Scandinavia, Poland, Italy at the Berlin shows in the past. Wonder how this will be this year.
  • Options
    JPPJ84 said:
    just_one said:
    axeljohan said:

That would be the only way for us to win something this year.
  • Options
    It's a combination of everything. The high ticket prices. Especially the absurd prices for the upper tiers for all concerts. The long distances and travel costs for people from neighboring European countries whose countries were left out of the tour planning. The much too late announcement. Overlapping events that are either favored by fans or drive up costs even further. The Euro 2024 in Germany. Competing concerts and festivals in England. Let's keep it short. It's planned like shit.
  • Options
    edited March 6
    Zen23 said:
    It's a combination of everything. The high ticket prices. Especially the absurd prices for the upper tiers for all concerts. The long distances and travel costs for people from neighboring European countries whose countries were left out of the tour planning. The much too late announcement. Overlapping events that are either favored by fans or drive up costs even further. The Euro 2024 in Germany. Competing concerts and festivals in England. Let's keep it short. It's planned like shit.
    pretty much this if u think about it clearly LOL
    Post edited by just_one on
  • Options
    JPPJ84 said:
    just_one said:
    axeljohan said:

no but for people who wanted to go to berlin , the flight costs are expensive to fly to germany because of the euro (and the announcement being made in february)
  • Options
    drfoxdrfox Posts: 1,150
    edited March 6
    Zen23 said:
    Main issue on the U.K. shows is the late announcement and people having booked other stuff. Welsh and Scottish fans are struggling to see PJ in Manchester (the concert they are normally going to) as they are watching Foo Fighters in Cardiff and Green Day in Glasgow that night. Similarly many Southern English are going to Green Day at Wembley or the Glastonbury festival on the night of the PJ London show. This is why PJ really needed to announce the shows much earlier (really they needed to announce in early Autumn). 

Kings of Leon, who normally sell out and announced the week after PJ, are not selling for exactly the same reason. Their shows are timed on the same dates as Foo Fighters and the Killers etc, so people already have plans…
    Post edited by drfox on
  • Options
    edited March 6
    drfox said:
    Zen23 said:
    Main issue on the U.K. shows is the late announcement and people having booked other stuff. Welsh and Scottish fans are struggling to see PJ in Manchester (the concert they are normally going to) as they are watching Foo Fighters in Cardiff and Green Day in Glasgow that night. Similarly many Southern English are going to Green Day at Wembley or the Glastonbury festival on the night of the PJ London show. This is why PJ really needed to announce the shows much earlier (really they needed to announce in early Autumn). 
    im going to see green day on june 25 in glasgow(and the killers on the 26th also in glasgow) , having dookie and american idiot played in full plus 1 hour of other albums and new album is a no brainer for me specially since they dont come to portugal and i will be in london starting june 27th

June 25th - Green Day ,Glasgow
    June 26th - The Killers , Glasgow
    June 29th - Pearl Jam, London
    July 02nd - Pearl Jam,Berlin
    July 03rd - Pearl Jam,Berlin
    July 06th - Pearl Jam,Barcelona
    July 08th - Pearl Jam,Barcelona
    July 13th - Pearl Jam,Lisbon (home show)

CANT WAIT!!
    Post edited by just_one on
  • Options
    For those arguing current pricing is due to short tours. Increased costs etc I’ve just booked upper tier seats for the black keys at co-op live in Manchester. One of 3 dates in uk. 

£42.50 rather than £160

• Options
    marumarukomarumaruko Frankfurt / Calgary Posts: 153
    kaw753 said:
    Mate, agree re:Zurich,that sold out in under 5 mins for the '22 show... would've done the same for this year I think... ( AC/DC sold out in 20 mins for a Stadium of 55,000 in Zurich for this year ) It's a strange model for this Euro tour,and skipping Italy is baffling also.Hope they make some changes for the next Euro tour,it's kinda sad how this has panned out ( ticket sales I mean)
    Without knowing any more I would assume that this is the first leg and shows take place more centrally. The second leg will then take place in different places, somewhere in France, Copenhagen/Stockholm, Hamburg, Munich(overdue!), Prague, Vienna, Zurich, etc. 

And at this point I only see the second night in Barcelona at a real danger of being possibly cancelled, all the other shows are selling well enough with 4months left. 
  • Options
    edited March 6
    kaw753 said:
    Without knowing any more I would assume that this is the first leg and shows take place more centrally. The second leg will then take place in different places, somewhere in France, Copenhagen/Stockholm, Hamburg, Munich(overdue!), Prague, Vienna, Zurich, etc.
    I would also like to have this optimism.
  • Options
    kaw753 said:

And at this point I only see the second night in Barcelona at a real danger of being possibly cancelled, all the other shows are selling well enough with 4months left. 
    i really hope they dont cancel the 2nd barcelona night , a lot of people are travelling with that show in mind and have tickets!!
  • Options
    kaw753 said:
    London looks like a disaster to me. 
  • Options
    pdalowskypdalowsky Doncaster,UK Posts: 14,786
    Im glad Placebo announced their June show late too as that would have been a direct conflict with Manchester. Been dying to see them lately so I can only hope they add more shows
  • Options
    pdalowsky said:
    Im glad Placebo announced their June show late too as that would have been a direct conflict with Manchester. Been dying to see them lately so I can only hope they add more shows
    Ah man me too - love the piece hall for gigs too. Also a clash with Sheryl crow Halifax and foo fighters Manchester 
  • Options
    drfoxdrfox Posts: 1,150
    I just wished they spread the timing more of the U.K. and Europe concerts. Literally all the rock and indie bands are touring in a tiny 3 week window at the same time as each other (the last two weeks of June and 1st week of July). Frustratingly you get to say August and there is no competing rock music (eg the major tours are acts like Justin Timberlake in early August etc). Everyone you want to watch is playing the same 2-3 weeks, been like this for years and getting worse. Only takes a minor adjustment to spread the rock concerts over the three Summer months instead of three weeks...
  • Options
    benjsbenjs Toronto, ON Posts: 8,995
    Eddie's voice can't hold up through a decent-length tour, meaning they make their tours crazy short. Then, presumably seeking the same level of income, they selfishly raise their ticket prices, knowing their rabid fans will typically pay any price, while keeping the mediocre stage and lighting setup. They then overcharge for merchandise, which they shove in the faces of their fans.

It's about time a collective group of people spoke with their wallets. I wish it would've happened while I still loved this band, but I hope you fine folks will reap the benefit and that this forces a correction in the band's management's way of thinking. People don't have unlimited budgets, and selling out a show is not an indication that the pricing was fair, just that there's a disparity in wealth, and enough of the 'haves' can prevent fans from getting in the building.
    '05 - TO, '06 - TO 1, '08 - NYC 1 & 2, '09 - TO, Chi 1 & 2, '10 - Buffalo, NYC 1 & 2, '11 - TO 1 & 2, Hamilton, '13 - Buffalo, Brooklyn 1 & 2, '15 - Global Citizen, '16 - TO 1 & 2, Chi 2

EV
    Toronto Film Festival 9/11/2007, '08 - Toronto 1 & 2, '09 - Albany 1, '11 - Chicago 1
  • Options
    tino_11tino_11 Posts: 2,000
    drfox said:
    I just wished they spread the timing more of the U.K. and Europe concerts. Literally all the rock and indie bands are touring in a tiny 3 week window at the same time as each other (the last two weeks of June and 1st week of July). Frustratingly you get to say August and there is no competing rock music (eg the major tours are acts like Justin Timberlake in early August etc). Everyone you want to watch is playing the same 2-3 weeks, been like this for years and getting worse. Only takes a minor adjustment to spread the rock concerts over the three Summer months instead of three weeks...
    Yeah, so many gigs taking place in UK at that time and being from the North East all involve some travel. Glad I waited for PJ, which always takes priority for me, but I'm a bit disappointed to be missing so many other shows as a result. 
    2010: London
    2012: Manchester I, Manchester II, Manchester (EV) 
    2014: Milan, Leeds, Milton Keynes 
    2017: London II (EV) 
    2018: Amsterdam I, London I, Prague, London II 
    2019: London (EV)
    2022: London I, London II, Budapest, Krakow, Amsterdam
  • Options
    JackD.JackD. Posts: 485
    just_one said:
    kaw753 said:

i really hope they dont cancel the 2nd barcelona night , a lot of people are travelling with that show in mind and have tickets!!
    Can‘t be „a lot“ looking at the seating map!  =)
  • Options
    johnny__utahjohnny__utah New Brunswick, Canada Posts: 195
    Maybe things aren't totally fine in NA either, but definitely not as bad. See there have been more tickets released for some of the venues, meaning they weren't actually sold out. Looking at Vancouver right now esp night 2 there are a ton of tickets released, all still marked premium but prices are falling. F2F can't be too far off with this activity. 
  • Options
    tino_11tino_11 Posts: 2,000
    JackD. said:
    just_one said:
    kaw753 said:

Haha, I'm keeping positive. The show will go ahead and will be this year's 'Katowice 2000' show!
    2010: London
    2012: Manchester I, Manchester II, Manchester (EV) 
    2014: Milan, Leeds, Milton Keynes 
    2017: London II (EV) 
    2018: Amsterdam I, London I, Prague, London II 
    2019: London (EV)
    2022: London I, London II, Budapest, Krakow, Amsterdam
  • Options
    tino_11 said:
    JackD. said:
    just_one said:
    kaw753 said:

Haha, I'm keeping positive. The show will go ahead and will be this year's 'Katowice 2000' show!
    that is exactly what im thinking aswell