Options

Berlin - 10c reserved seat assignment good or bad?

Comments

• Options
    JABKJABK Finland Posts: 302
    Well if the seat location is a mistake (a pretty expensive mistake for the fans) they should make it right somehow!!!
  • Options
    LizJLizJ Posts: 337
    And a little reminder of what the seating chart for Berlin looked like, when the 10c tickets were offered to us. 

• Options
    ilockyerilockyer Posts: 2,240
    LizJ said:
    And a little reminder of what the seating chart for Berlin looked like, when the 10c tickets were offered to us. 

Have they just worked on the basis of A and E being closest to the stage and therefore best? 
    Fairly good chance that the decision may have been made by someone who's never been to the venue. 
    The secret to a happy ending is knowing when to roll the credits
  • Options
    HenriettaLowellHenriettaLowell Cologne, Germany Posts: 48
    ilockyer said:
    LizJ said:

Have they just worked on the basis of A and E being closest to the stage and therefore best? 
    Fairly good chance that the decision may have been made by someone who's never been to the venue. 
    That’s very plausible
  • Options
    There are plenty of seats still available in better sections...they could still move people with the crapiest 10C seats?
  • Options
    Still trying to figure out how crappy the seats are going to be. 
    I did a Youtube  search and found some videos from a guy that seems to have been at the Pearl Jam show in 2018. Looks like the view from E2, as you can see the hedge and the wall on the left side. I guess it´s higher row number and he is siiting/standing quite in the middle.
    https://youtu.be/HkFB9OfAu3g?si=SK8QaZeK9Aj6HXun

• Options
    JABK said:
    There are plenty of seats still available in better sections...they could still move people with the crapiest 10C seats?
    Or maybe a discount, as it seems we might not be able to see every band member  ;).
    But yes, I think, that there are still enough seats available to move the 10c members. Where there is will, there is a way. But looks like we won´t get any reaction.Up to now only silence from 10c on that matter? @Sea
    I think the obstructed view at this venue comes from 2 things: the layout of the Waldbühne itself and also, how the stage is set up. As I have mentioned before, with PJ there is speakers and lighting on each side of the stage.
  • Options
    one_stoneone_stone Posts: 291
    LizJ said:
    I did a Youtube  search and found some videos from a guy that seems to have been at the Pearl Jam show in 2018. Looks like the view from E2, as you can see the hedge and the wall on the left side. I guess it´s higher row number and he is siiting/standing quite in the middle.

Amazing find! Was looking at videos too but didn't find that one. Looking at pics of the empty sector I would guess this to be somewhere between row 22 and row 25 in the middle (seat 11/12). Better than I would have feared but still definitely not good - Mike would definitely be out of sight for 90% of the concert. And go 5 or 6 seats to the left and you look only into that wall.

For a solution - 2 possibilities: move the affected seats to some of the Platinum seats (best, but might be difficult to reroll seniority on that) or move them to GA standing (easy but will also get ugly because most chose seats out of reason I think)

A long silence from 10c might not necessarily be bad. It's weekend and they definitely would need LiveNation Germany (who have already proven to be badly organized) to clarify/solve this. Plus they surely have a Ton of questions coming in as they just announced a World Tour.

• Options
    RatherStarvedRatherStarved Posts: 4,237
    one_stone said:
    LizJ said:

Amazing find! Was looking at videos too but didn't find that one. Looking at pics of the empty sector I would guess this to be somewhere between row 22 and row 25 in the middle (seat 11/12). Better than I would have feared but still definitely not good - Mike would definitely be out of sight for 90% of the concert. And go 5 or 6 seats to the left and you look only into that wall.

For a solution - 2 possibilities: move the affected seats to some of the Platinum seats (best, but might be difficult to reroll seniority on that) or move them to GA standing (easy but will also get ugly because most chose seats out of reason I think)

A long silence from 10c might not necessarily be bad. It's weekend and they definitely would need LiveNation Germany (who have already proven to be badly organized) to clarify/solve this. Plus they surely have a Ton of questions coming in as they just announced a World Tour.

I think the odds of getting any solution are slim ar best.

That said, I think the simplest would be to offer a refund by a certain deadline.  As you say, moving people will be tricky to do fairly. and seat people generally don’t want to stand (not to mention, the standing section might be full). A discount isn’t really a solution - let’s say they give back 20 or 30 euros.  Sure that pays for some drinks, but with all the costs of travel for the experience of the show, if it’s a bad seat a little rebate wouldn’t save the event.  

At a minimum a statement or clarification would be in order.  Not all the seats in those sections msg be bad. 
    PJ: 2013: London (ON); Buffalo; 2014: Cincinnati; 2016: Sunrise, Miami, Toronto 1-2, Wrigley 2; 2018: London (UK) 1, Milan, Padova, Sea 2, Wrigley 1-2, Fenway 1-2; 2021: SHN, Ohana, Ohana Encore 1-2; 2022: LA 1-2, Phx, Oak 1-2, Fresno, Copenhagen, Hyde Park 1-2; Quebec, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto; MSG, Camden, Nashville, Louisville, St. Louis, OKC; 2023: St. Paul 1-2, Chicago 1-2; Fort Worth 2; Austin 1-2

EV Solo: 2017 Louisville and Franklin, 2018 Ohana, 2019 Innings Fest, Berlin, Düsseldorf, Dublin and Ohana; 2021 Ohana Friday (from beach) and Saturday; 2022 Earthlings Newark; 2023 Innings Fest and Benoraya 1-2.

Gutted:  London 2 2018, Sacramento 2022, Noblesville 2023
  • Options
    LizJ said:
    JABK said:
    Or maybe a discount, as it seems we might not be able to see every band member  ;).
    But yes, I think, that there are still enough seats available to move the 10c members. Where there is will, there is a way. But looks like we won´t get any reaction.Up to now only silence from 10c on that matter? @Sea
    I think the obstructed view at this venue comes from 2 things: the layout of the Waldbühne itself and also, how the stage is set up. As I have mentioned before, with PJ there is speakers and lighting on each side of the stage.
    I just want a seat where I can see the band. Plenty of tickets left to make that change happen. For me I'm not interested in a discount, just a normal view.
    Roskilde 2000, Barcelona 2006, Berlin 2006, Copenhagen 2007, Berlin 2009, London 2010, Arras 2010, Berlin x 2 2012, Stockholm 2012, Copenhagen 2012, Seattle 2013, Stockholm 2014, Boston x 2 2016, Rome 2018, Prague 2018, Copenhagen 2022, Budapest 2022
  • Options
    one_stone said:

At a minimum a statement or clarification would be in order.  Not all the seats in those sections msg be bad. 
    This!
    Was absolutely not serious about getting a discount! 
    But even a refund would not help, as we would then need to find other seats in the public sale, which are either sold out by now or "PJ Premium".  :s

I think at first we need that clarification to maybe figure other options out.
  • Options
    one_stoneone_stone Posts: 291
    one_stone said:
    LizJ said:

I think the odds of getting any solution are slim ar best.

That said, I think the simplest would be to offer a refund by a certain deadline.  As you say, moving people will be tricky to do fairly. and seat people generally don’t want to stand (not to mention, the standing section might be full). A discount isn’t really a solution - let’s say they give back 20 or 30 euros.  Sure that pays for some drinks, but with all the costs of travel for the experience of the show, if it’s a bad seat a little rebate wouldn’t save the event.  

Correct: Offering a refund is an option too - but also: Now that the Chance for other good seats at a reasobable price is gone, a hard decision for those affected. If you don't want to sit in the upper ranks for the same price and have your travel arrangements made and paid, you're stuck / can choose between two meh solutions.
  • Options
    Muffin The MuleMuffin The Mule Amersham, Bucks Posts: 434
    If you have a seat at or near the front, is there anything preventing you from entering the standing section?
    Brixton Academy 14/7/93, Wembley Arena 29/5/00, Wembley Arena 18/6/07, London O2 18/8/09, Hyde Park 25/6/10, Manchester 20/6/12, Arras 30/6/12, Werchter 5/7/14, Leeds 8/7/14, Milton Keynes 11/7/14, Mexico City 28/11/15, Toronto 10/5/16, Toronto 12/5/16,  Amsterdam 12/6/18, Amsterdam 13/6/18, London 18/6/18, Werchter 7/7/18, London 17/7/18, Werchter 30/6/22, London 8/7/22, London 9/7/22, Budapest 12/7/22, Prague 22/7/22, Amsterdam 24/7/22, Amsterdam 25/7/22, Dublin 22/6/24, Manchester 25/6/24, London 29/6/2024, Berlin 2/7/24, Berlin 3/7/24 
  • Options
    JPPJ84JPPJ84 Hamburg, Germany Posts: 3,440
    If you have a seat at or near the front, is there anything preventing you from entering the standing section?
    Officially yes but you could try sneaking in. Lots of stewards though 
  • Options
    Seats in the very corner suck at Waldbühne. It’s disappointing that 10C gives these to their customers/fans
  • Options
    HoccapukHoccapuk Posts: 501
    edited February 25
     The can at least play killer sets with deep tracks and give us souvenir tickets like eventtm does 😎
    Post edited by Hoccapuk on
  • Options
    Somekind of solution or reachout would be fair...I think...
  • Options
    JABK said:
    Somekind of solution or reachout would be fair...I think...
    Because now I'm pretty sure that the seat allocations are a mistake.
  • Options
    Zen23Zen23 Posts: 335
    I have summarized this whole misery in a new post with a clear graphic for the Ten Club.

https://community.pearljam.com/discussion/301351/a-right-of-return-for-ten-club-seat-tickets-for-berlin-now
  • Options
    JPPJ84 said:
    Officially yes but you could try sneaking in. Lots of stewards though 
    Even if you would be able to sneak in, despite the stewards standing between the seating area and the GA area (last time some of them were positioned at the walls, that seperate the seating area from the standing area), I think that might turn into a safety issue, if too many members would do that.

I am not sure, but I think GA might be sold out. I think that there were some standing tickets left when the public sale started, but at this point there seem to be none available.
    If that´s true, then offering GA instead of the assigned seats, is not even a possibility anymore. 

And also, if GA is sold out and let´s say (I dont´t know how many) 10c members with assigned seats would be able to succesfully sneak into this sold out area, then the standing area might be overcrowded quite soon. 

One can dream, so how about offering a refund thats also connected to receiving a personalized discount code for the PJ Premium seats that are still available at this point? But I am talking about a discount code, that leaves the members at paying the same price that they have already paid. 
    So the 10c members would have a choice if they would want settle with their assigned seats or could get better seats with a not obstructed view, 10c would not need to try move 2 whole sections at once.
    We would still need to even see whats left in the public sale, but at least there would be an option to make the situation better.
    As Ticketmaster is selling the seats at those 2 sections at a premium price anyways (which is not right, as someone pointed out before), they would in exchange have more (obstructed view) seats available for them afterwards.

This idea might be silly, not realistic at all. Emphasizing the "dreaming" part here!
    But the basic idea is helping the 10c members to avoid beeing forced to pay the premium prices in the public sale somehow, if they try to better their seating situation.

• Options
    axeljohanaxeljohan Posts: 404
    I think they will give us wristbands for the different tiers (GA, 1st tier, 2nd tier and - if someone will end up buying those - 3rd tier.

concerts without GA happened at Waldbühne before (although not with Pearl Jam) without having a massive stage rush or security issues. That will work out.
  • Options
    Received an answer to my email from 10c: 
    We have confimred with the venue that the obstruction shown on the Ticketmaster seating map will NOT be there during the show.“
  • Options
    LizJ said:
    „We have confimred with the venue that the obstruction shown on the Ticketmaster seating map will NOT be there during the show.“
    Sounds good but it’s highly unlikely they reconstruct Waldbühne. It’s just the way the venue is built
  • Options
    JPPJ84 said:
    LizJ said:
    „We have confimred with the venue that the obstruction shown on the Ticketmaster seating map will NOT be there during the show.“
    Sounds good but it’s highly unlikely they reconstruct Waldbühne. It’s just the way the venue is built
    And in addition there was never an obstruction shown on the TM seating map.  It was on Eventim and Eventim removed it at TM’s direction when first 10c’ers noticed it on Eventim and complained! 

Nonetheless the response that Liz got is maybe a glimmer of hope.  
    PJ: 2013: London (ON); Buffalo; 2014: Cincinnati; 2016: Sunrise, Miami, Toronto 1-2, Wrigley 2; 2018: London (UK) 1, Milan, Padova, Sea 2, Wrigley 1-2, Fenway 1-2; 2021: SHN, Ohana, Ohana Encore 1-2; 2022: LA 1-2, Phx, Oak 1-2, Fresno, Copenhagen, Hyde Park 1-2; Quebec, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto; MSG, Camden, Nashville, Louisville, St. Louis, OKC; 2023: St. Paul 1-2, Chicago 1-2; Fort Worth 2; Austin 1-2

EV Solo: 2017 Louisville and Franklin, 2018 Ohana, 2019 Innings Fest, Berlin, Düsseldorf, Dublin and Ohana; 2021 Ohana Friday (from beach) and Saturday; 2022 Earthlings Newark; 2023 Innings Fest and Benoraya 1-2.

• Options
    LizJ said:
    I got the same email today. 
    Roskilde 2000, Barcelona 2006, Berlin 2006, Copenhagen 2007, Berlin 2009, London 2010, Arras 2010, Berlin x 2 2012, Stockholm 2012, Copenhagen 2012, Seattle 2013, Stockholm 2014, Boston x 2 2016, Rome 2018, Prague 2018, Copenhagen 2022, Budapest 2022
  • Options
    That’s true with the obstruction shown on the Eventim seating map, not on TM. 
    And as you said (for everyone that’s planing on keeping those tickets) it might at least be a glimmer of hope. 
  • Options
    LizJ said:
    That’s true with the obstruction shown on the Eventim seating map, not on TM. 
    And as you said (for everyone that’s planing on keeping those tickets) it might at least be a glimmer of hope. 
    Without a German bank account, I am going to take my chances night 1 that it will be fine.  If it isn’t, then for N2 I might eat the cost of a replacement, if available.  It’s a shame they did this to us.  No reason for it.  

• Options
    Even with a German bank account (which I have) there is still the risk that we might not be able to sell our  tickets. 
    We don’t know when F2F is going to start. From what I’ve read so far it might be really close to the show, what means less time to sell. And there seems to be the possibility that TM might offer cheaper tickets later on, what could be a problem as we are only able to sell face value. 
    In theory F2F sounds like a great idea, but I guess that’s going to be a tricky one. 

• Options
    LizJ said:
    Even with a German bank account (which I have) there is still the risk that we might not be able to sell our  tickets. 
    We don’t know when F2F is going to start. From what I’ve read so far it might be really close to the show, what means less time to sell. And there seems to be the possibility that TM might offer cheaper tickets later on, what could be a problem as we are only able to sell face value. 
    In theory F2F sounds like a great idea, but I guess that’s going to be a tricky one. 

TM will probably not discount first tier tickets. And fan to fan will probably open a reasonable time before the show.  The question to me is if anyone will want to buy these.  

• Options
    Yes, that’s probably the main question. So far there seems to be a huge wave of disappointment in the high ticket prices. Also many fans outside the 10c/“casual” fans seem to have decided to skip the shows for that reason. You can see their reactions on all the social media content regarding the shows. I am taking specifically about the German ones. I don’t know how conclusive these reactions are and if this might change, when the show dates come closer. 
    Could also be that the demand will rise closer to the shows. Or after the album release. 
    And I am sure that a lot of people outside the 10c don’t know about F2F yet. 
    Guess we’ll have to wait and see.

Anyways I wonder if the bank account for the F2F sale needs to be in your name?