Options

Berlin - 10c reserved seat assignment good or bad?

Comments

• Options
    one_stoneone_stone Posts: 291
    OK ... at least they also consider the 10c sections as Platinum in the public sale - 329 EUR for "restricted view" ;) 

• Options
    And.... (sad but true - funny / not funny):  eventim.de shows the sections A and E both as "view could be restricted" for the PJ concert too! 

• Options
    LizJLizJ Posts: 338
    one_stone said:
    LizJ said:
    I checked both TM an Eventim.
    Was even easier to get to the step of being able to buy tickets on Eventim. Was still in the waiting room over at TM, when I could have already chosen my tickets on Eventim.

Anyways: Eventim offered only one price-categegory for both seated and standing tickets (174,50 Euro) on TM the cheapest ticket was 174,50 Euro and the most expensive was "PJ Premium" for 349 for one reserved seat.

Did you get a ticket in your basket on the eventim site?

The queue was super small and I got to the ticket page immediately but I didn't manage to cart a single ticket over the course of half an hour...
    Yes I did. Could have gotten e.g. A2 row 25.
    But complicated as this all, the friend that I want to go with (that bought seats in the 10c presale, too) did not want to try to "upgrade" our seats. So I am stuck with what we have gotten through 10c. 
  • Options
    edited February 23
    LizJ said:
    one_stone said:
    LizJ said:
    I checked both TM an Eventim.
    Was even easier to get to the step of being able to buy tickets on Eventim. Was still in the waiting room over at TM, when I could have already chosen my tickets on Eventim.

Anyways: Eventim offered only one price-categegory for both seated and standing tickets (174,50 Euro) on TM the cheapest ticket was 174,50 Euro and the most expensive was "PJ Premium" for 349 for one reserved seat.

Did you get a ticket in your basket on the eventim site?

The queue was super small and I got to the ticket page immediately but I didn't manage to cart a single ticket over the course of half an hour...
    Yes I did. Could have gotten e.g. A2 row 25.
    But complicated as this all, the friend that I want to go with (that bought seats in the 10c presale, too) did not want to try to "upgrade" our seats. So I am stuck with what we have gotten through 10c. 
    Interesting - last question: Did you use the website or the eventim app? I went on PC and following the comments on facebook the eventim app seemed the way to go...
  • Options
    Don´t mind you asking more questions ;) . Used the website for both TM and Eventim.

Did you end up buying other tickets now? 
  • Options
    AponeApone Posts: 582
    LizJ said:
    Apone said:

I was in that section for the 2022 and it was great.  Would absolutely have those seats again.
    A1? Which row?
    A1 Row 8 from memory
    2006: Leeds; 2012: Manchester 1; 2014: Leeds; 2017: London 1 (EV); 2018: Amsterdam 1, London 1, London 2; 2019: Amsterdam 1 (EV), Dublin (EV); 2022: Berlin, London 1, London 2, Budapest, Krakow, Amsterdam 1, Amsterdam 2; 2023: Chicago 1, Chicago 2
  • Options
    seymaseyma Posts: 1
    Hi, I made a mistake with my 10C presale only choose and got 1GA for Berlin N1. This morning unfortunately all GA options were sold-out when I got in TM system. Now there are seats available in Eventim. It’s not a bad option but in general I don’t like concerts in Germany in seats. Usually we are the only young people there and not able to move much without getting bad looks, the downside of being not into our generations music. Should I wait for F2F and try to get another GA ticket or should I buy 2 reserved seats and sell my 1 GA ticket? Is there anyone here who are planning to sell their GA ticket for N1 during F2F sale? I’d feel more comfortable if I know there might be some people who plans to sell. 
  • Options
    LizJ said:
    Don´t mind you asking more questions ;) . Used the website for both TM and Eventim.

No didn't buy anything else - actually I would have gotten quite nice aisle seats in the Last Row in B1 over ticketmaster for night 2 (strangely didn't manage to cart any ticket on eventim between 10:00 and 10:30) but I settled myself with the 10c tickets as I hope 5th / 6th row are actually really nice (right in front of the blocks of concrete on the stage sides where Eddie might come out during some solos and the view should be from the very side but not obstructed). 
  • Options
    one_stone said:
    OK ... at least they also consider the 10c sections as Platinum in the public sale - 329 EUR for "restricted view" ;) 

Prices dropping already? Seeing A1, row 11, seat 1 for 279 Euros right now.

• Options
    edited February 23
    LizJ said:
    one_stone said:

Prices dropping already? Seeing A1, row 11, seat 1 for 279 Euros right now.

Good catch! I really expect some / a lot of those seats to be available at 175 EUR more sooner than later. The demand at this prices won't be very high. I am usually someone not minding paying a little bit more for good seats and a huge PJ fan and would never ever pay this. Basically when all the "there are some tickets! quickly get them" buyers are satifsfied those tickets might sit around for some time.

I'm not sure how much you have to factor in the "restricted sale" factor and the fact that it's not really publicly availble for instance on eventim but looking at the seats now I am really sceptical if those shows will be anywhere near sell out.
  • Options
    one_stone said:
    LizJ said:

No didn't buy anything else - actually I would have gotten quite nice aisle seats in the Last Row in B1 over ticketmaster for night 2 (strangely didn't manage to cart any ticket on eventim between 10:00 and 10:30) but I settled myself with the 10c tickets as I hope 5th / 6th row are actually really nice (right in front of the blocks of concrete on the stage sides where Eddie might come out during some solos and the view should be from the very side but not obstructed). 
    And the other good thing is that we do not need to worry about selling our 10c-tickets then. So that is also some kind of relieve. Trying to focus on the positive here, too.  :)
  • Options
    LizJ said:
    one_stone said:
    LizJ said:

And the other good thing is that we do not need to worry about selling our 10c-tickets then. So that is also some kind of relieve. Trying to focus on the positive here, too.  :)
    Correct! That was actually probably the major point I considered too. Usually I also don't mind having multiple tickets and getting rid of some later - but all those "german IBAN" things and the fact that I wasn't sure if there would actually be demand at those prices made me shy away. Plus I felt already stressed by yesterday and today. Some "closure" is good / very positive now :) 
  • Options
    marumarukomarumaruko Frankfurt / Calgary Posts: 120
    I got lucky via Eventim and got G2 up, close to the middle of the G section, with a really great view!! 
    That will make me put up my 10c Tickets for the F2F sale, for sure. Ticketmaster is selling these tickets for way too much. Generally. Only find like 249 Euro and upwards. 
  • Options
    RW8297RW8297 Posts: 1,590
    Was able to buy very good seats

• Options
    Zen23Zen23 Posts: 355
    one_stone said:

Picture from the web, actually from Pearl Jam there at 2018, taken from the last row of A1 for refrence.

From here it looks terrible, but I can't say how much better it is from the rows further down
    You have to be careful when judging such a wide angle. Here is a slightly more normal angle of view. Don't misunderstand. I'm not trying to sugarcoat anything. I also think it sucks that they moved the Ten Club members to the outermost areas. And then at such a price. But as soon as you're just a few seats away from the outermost edge, you should still be able to see something.

• Options
    BenzBenz Posts: 117
    Zen23 said:
    one_stone said:

Picture from the web, actually from Pearl Jam there at 2018, taken from the last row of A1 for refrence.

From here it looks terrible, but I can't say how much better it is from the rows further down
    You have to be careful when judging such a wide angle. Here is a slightly more normal angle of view. Don't misunderstand. I'm not trying to sugarcoat anything. I also think it sucks that they moved the Ten Club members to the outermost areas. And thensuch a price. But as soon as you're just a few seats away from the outermost edge, you should still be able to see something.

Zen23 said:
    one_stone said:

You have to be careful when judging such a wide angle. Here is a slightly more normal angle of view. Don't misunderstand. I'm not trying to sugarcoat anything. I also think it sucks that they moved the Ten Club members to the outermost areas. And then at such a price. But as soon as you're just a few seats away from the outermost edge, you should still be able to see something.

Pretty sure that is Wuhlheide (the second pic) not Waldbühne.
  • Options
    Zen23Zen23 Posts: 355
    edited February 23
    Oh. I'm sorry about that. My mistake. How embarrassing. Even though I've been to both. Shame on my head.
  • Options
    Kurt Brutus BaconKurt Brutus Bacon Posts: 78
    edited February 25
    one_stone said:
    And.... (sad but true - funny / not funny):  eventim.de shows the sections A and E both as "view could be restricted" for the PJ concert too! 

Post edited by Kurt Brutus Bacon on
    Roskilde 2000, Barcelona 2006, Berlin 2006, Copenhagen 2007, Berlin 2009, London 2010, Arras 2010, Berlin x 2 2012, Stockholm 2012, Copenhagen 2012, Seattle 2013, Stockholm 2014, Boston x 2 2016, Rome 2018, Prague 2018, Copenhagen 2022, Budapest 2022
  • Options
    JackD.JackD. Posts: 485
    Did you get your tickets with seat assignments? Or just another email with tickets still to be sent?
  • Options
    RatherStarvedRatherStarved Posts: 4,365
    Another 10c seat holder here with E2 and A1.  

Hopefully will not be as bad as others are suggesting.

Side view is one thing but if indeed it is obstructed views that’s an outrage.
    PJ: 2013: London (ON); Buffalo; 2014: Cincinnati; 2016: Sunrise, Miami, Toronto 1-2, Wrigley 2; 2018: London (UK) 1, Milan, Padova, Sea 2, Wrigley 1-2, Fenway 1-2; 2021: SHN, Ohana, Ohana Encore 1-2; 2022: LA 1-2, Phx, Oak 1-2, Fresno, Copenhagen, Hyde Park 1-2; Quebec, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto; MSG, Camden, Nashville, Louisville, St. Louis, OKC; 2023: St. Paul 1-2, Chicago 1-2; Fort Worth 2; Austin 1-2

EV Solo: 2017 Louisville and Franklin, 2018 Ohana, 2019 Innings Fest, Berlin, Düsseldorf, Dublin and Ohana; 2021 Ohana Friday (from beach) and Saturday; 2022 Earthlings Newark; 2023 Innings Fest and Benoraya 1-2.

Gutted:  London 2 2018, Sacramento 2022, Noblesville 2023
  • Options
    JABKJABK Finland Posts: 307
    Obstructed view?! I was hoping for a Little more via 10C...
  • Options
    Zen23 said:
    Oh. I'm sorry about that. My mistake. How embarrassing. Even though I've been to both. Shame on my head.
    I saw that picture too when I was checking for representative pictures of the view in Waldbühne and fell for it too for at least 20 minutes before realizing it is Wuhlheide :)

Unfortunately I wasn't able to find anything with a better angle / more directed at the stage from those seats.

But what supports the "bad view from the upper seats" - thesis are the following pics, taken from two different concerts where the "choose to sit where you want" - policy was still in place and you can see that the upper seats in those sectors where not those "preferably" chosen...

and even clearer (while it's taken quite sometime before the venue fills completely)

• Options
    axeljohanaxeljohan Posts: 412
    Still can’t believe that they chose those sections as 10c-seats.

Did someone reach out to 10c about this?
  • Options
    axeljohan said:

I did yesterday, but I don’t expect any reply or reaction, as I think that there is not really anything they can do now that the seats have been assigned. 
    But would love others to reach out to 10c too, to maybe raise some awareness of
    this issue. 

Either they made a mistake, by not taking a proper look at the sections and thinking that the sections closest to the stage are the best and just missed the „obstructed view“ for E2 and A1 or it was an informed decision (going into the direction of „more tickets for 10c members, but these will be worse seats“). 

I still think that they made a mistake. Does not really make sense to put all 10c members there. And I am sure, that many 10c members haven’t realized yet what they will be getting for their money. 

• Options
    edited February 24
    one_stone said:
    Zen23 said:
    I saw that picture too when I was checking for representative pictures of the view in Waldbühne and fell for it too for at least 20 minutes before realizing it is Wuhlheide :)

Unfortunately I wasn't able to find anything with a better angle / more directed at the stage from those seats.

But what supports the "bad view from the upper seats" - thesis are the following pics, taken from two different concerts where the "choose to sit where you want" - policy was still in place and you can see that the upper seats in those sectors where not those "preferably" chosen...

and even clearer (while it's taken quite sometime before the venue fills completely)

Please stop posting these pictures! :s Just kidding! ;)  It’s good to get a realistic impression, of what it will be like! I am going to be one of the people sitting in these upper rows (row 17), where it seems that no one would want to sit, if they had a choice.
    Post edited by LizJ on
  • Options
    Kurt Brutus BaconKurt Brutus Bacon Posts: 78
    edited February 29
    axeljohan said:

Post edited by Kurt Brutus Bacon on
    Roskilde 2000, Barcelona 2006, Berlin 2006, Copenhagen 2007, Berlin 2009, London 2010, Arras 2010, Berlin x 2 2012, Stockholm 2012, Copenhagen 2012, Seattle 2013, Stockholm 2014, Boston x 2 2016, Rome 2018, Prague 2018, Copenhagen 2022, Budapest 2022
  • Options
    JimmiJimmi Netherlands Posts: 36
    axeljohan said:

I did. No response yet.
    I did as well! No response from 10c yet (info@tenclub.net) but i did
    get a quite meaningless response from tenclubsupport@ticketmaster.com
    letting me know they'll be sending out final emails by 1 april.
    So it must be a joke anyway 😉
  • Options
    edited February 24
    LizJ said:
    one_stone said:
    Zen23 said:

Please stop posting these pictures! :s Just kidding! ;)  It’s good to get a realistic impression, of what it will be like! I am going to be one of the people sitting in these upper rows (row 17), where it seems that no one would want to sit, if they had a choice.
    These were the last two, I promise ;) Maybe / Usually it's better than it looks but I think it was definitely not intended this way. My guess is a mistake / uninformed (however this is possible) decision by Live Nation Germany, that have little experience with reserved seating at Waldbuehne. And... like you say: better to be aware than surprised...

Have you seen that now / after one day of all seats priced at 175 EUR there suddenly is a new much cheaper price category available at eventim?! 

Seats far back and on the side, but still... they were priced at 175 yesterday and now they are 127 EUR. Huge discount after one day. Feels extremely unorganized from the organizer...
    Post edited by one_stone on
  • Options
    @Sea

Wondering if you can get someone to look into this for us.  

Seems the 10c sections in Berlin have possibly obstructed views.

Thanks for any help or intel.

PJ: 2013: London (ON); Buffalo; 2014: Cincinnati; 2016: Sunrise, Miami, Toronto 1-2, Wrigley 2; 2018: London (UK) 1, Milan, Padova, Sea 2, Wrigley 1-2, Fenway 1-2; 2021: SHN, Ohana, Ohana Encore 1-2; 2022: LA 1-2, Phx, Oak 1-2, Fresno, Copenhagen, Hyde Park 1-2; Quebec, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto; MSG, Camden, Nashville, Louisville, St. Louis, OKC; 2023: St. Paul 1-2, Chicago 1-2; Fort Worth 2; Austin 1-2

EV Solo: 2017 Louisville and Franklin, 2018 Ohana, 2019 Innings Fest, Berlin, Düsseldorf, Dublin and Ohana; 2021 Ohana Friday (from beach) and Saturday; 2022 Earthlings Newark; 2023 Innings Fest and Benoraya 1-2.

• Options
    @Sea

Did some research and there’s a Peter Maffay show at the same venue a week later.  The seats in A1 and E2 are 99.95 euros whereas the top priced seats for that show are 119.95.  Basically the entire rest of the inner bowl and a good chunk of the middle bowl are at that higher price.  At the very least we have been supplied an inferior product without the corresponding discount.  That’s a kind of shitty thing to see.  End of the world? No, but disappointing.