Options

Berlin - 10c reserved seat assignment good or bad?

Comments

• Options
    rahjiimrahjiim Posts: 130
    rahjiim said:
    Jamer196 said:
    one_stone said:
    Jamer196 said:
    one_stone said:
    Jamer196 said:
    Great
    I ll take your word for it  :) That's about the seats I got
    If I could choose I would go there again.
    Thank you so much for the response / opinion. :) Having looked at different photos I actually think the rows 5 / 6 will be amazing. I got one night in A1 and one night in E2 within those rows!
    This is my photo from 2022:

I can see myself in that picture. The view was great! 

• Options
    one_stoneone_stone Posts: 291
    PJKnopf said:
    E1 should be ok but E2 as well as A1 and especially rows 10 upwards are definately not the best in that venue.
    At least for the second gig I'll try to go for different tickets in tomorrow's public sale as I have been confirmed for row 25 in E2.
    Row 25 in E2 sounds bad. My assumption by now is like yours. Row 10 is the tipping point for those sectors where the view goes downhill very fast. I'm really surprised they sold the sector this far up. (33 is the last row - see my pic in the beginning of the thread for that view 😞
  • Options
    JackD.JackD. Posts: 483
    Are you senior members at 10c? A1 and E2 in lower rows are definitely not the best seats in the venue especially to the outer sides. B, C, D is the place to be. A2 and E1 are also very good. Been to any of those sections as Waldbühne is my second living room.
  • Options
    edited February 22
    JackD. said:
    Are you senior members at 10c? A1 and E2 in lower rows are definitely not the best seats in the venue especially to the outer sides. B, C, D is the place to be. A2 and E1 are also very good. Been to any of those sections as Waldbühne is my second living room.
    Membership Nr 299xxx got me 5/6 row for both nights in those sectors. I agree with you. Usually have gone to the sectors you mentioned

If they really filled up the whole sector up to the back with 10c I think they made a mistake/ didn't take the venue layout into account and there will be a lot of really angry people when they come in the venue and see what they paid 350 EUR for...
    Post edited by one_stone on
  • Options
    JackD.JackD. Posts: 483
    one_stone said:
    JackD. said:
    Membership Nr 299xxx got me 5/6 row for both nights in those sectors. I agree with you. Usually have gone to the sectors you mentioned
    That sounds like a mistake. 10c must have thought those are the best sections.
  • Options
    PJKnopfPJKnopf Posts: 51
    I have membership no. 159xxx (10C member since 1998) so it seems that didn't really make a difference.

Rock im Park 2000 - Arnhem 2006 - Duesseldorf 2007 - Rotterdam 2009 - Amsterdam 2012 - Amsterdam 2014 - Berlin 2014 - Amsterdam 2017 (EV Solo) - Amsterdam 2018 - Berlin 2018 - Amsterdam 2019 (EV Solo) - Duesseldorf 2019 (EV Solo) - Berlin 2022 - Frankfurt 2022 - Amsterdam 2022
  • Options
    JackD. said:
    one_stone said:
    JackD. said:
    That's what I think too.... 
  • Options
    ...there is a reason why seats in A1 and E2 are lower priced than seats in far upper sections for any other recent concert and that is not very difficult to find out...

Rock im Park 2000 - Arnhem 2006 - Duesseldorf 2007 - Rotterdam 2009 - Amsterdam 2012 - Amsterdam 2014 - Berlin 2014 - Amsterdam 2017 (EV Solo) - Amsterdam 2018 - Berlin 2018 - Amsterdam 2019 (EV Solo) - Duesseldorf 2019 (EV Solo) - Berlin 2022 - Frankfurt 2022 - Amsterdam 2022
  • Options
    TinaETinaE Germany Posts: 1,275
    I think it's kind of crappy and we pay €175 per seat for that???
    Berlin 07/05/2018; Berlin 06/21/2022; Frankfurt 06/28/2022
    Eddie Vedder Düsseldorf 06/30/2019
    "The future ain't what it used to be..."
  • Options
    setlist41setlist41 Posts: 431
    Oh no, seems like the seating assignments are wrong like last year...yikes
  • Options
    HoccapukHoccapuk Posts: 501
    I would have thought we’d be more central.  Sure a bit further from the stage but central view.  Very strange
  • Options
    mrk2mrk2 Finland Posts: 2,026
    At least in 2018 the central section, below the soundboard was reserved for special guests, family etc. They eventually let some fans in as well to fill in the gaps. We moved there since our row in the E section started getting pretty crowded. The guest section was great, plenty of space and I met J Mascis who was sitting a couple of rows above us.
    225xxx - 6/28/00, 10/20/01, 10/22/01, 9/11/06, 9/22/06, 9/23/06, 6/18/07, 6/26/07, 8/15/09, 6/25/10, 6/30/10, 7/4/12, 7/5/12, 7/7/12, 7/10/12, 6/26/14, 6/28/14, 7/3/18, 7/5/18
  • Options
    JimmiJimmi Netherlands Posts: 36
    one_stone said:
    JackD. said:
    one_stone said:
    JackD. said:
    That's what I think too.... 
    Have been in A2 and E1 before, that was great. Now one night in A1 and also kinda worried about the view from there!

But let's hope for the best. I'm happy though with my GA for the other night.
  • Options
    LizJLizJ Posts: 337
    From what I have seen so far, seems that E2 and A1 are the sections for the 10c members. And yes, these are the only 2 sections with "possibly obstructed view". Definitely not the best category (even one of the cheapest ones for other artists at this venue),

I remember that when we entered the venue in 2022, I thought about sitting in E2 at first, at it was the closest sector to the stage, but my friends pointed out, that it might be difficult to see everything on stage from there, as the stage was quite high and there were speakers on the corner of the stage. So we ended up in E1 (might have been row 4), which was a good choice. 

I am not sure if a lower row number in E2 (or A1) is better. Maybe its even worse, if that means that you are facing the speakers etc. on the corner of the stage directly.  But also, if you are looking at pictures of the Waldbühne, you mostly see people sitting in lower rows in these sections. So maybe the lower rows are better? I just don´t know.

What I know is that we have paid a lot for one of the worst categories (without knowing in advance, where we might end up).
    If in the end all 10c members should end up in E2 and A1, then obviously the seating chart in the 10c lottery was absolutely misleading, as all the sections had the same colour. They could have easily marked those sections on the seating chart in the lottery.
    And now refering to the possibilty to get better seats in the upcoming public sale: Even if you should be able to get better seats there, there would still be the problem, that you would need to sell your 10c tickets, which might be more expensive (or even overpriced) than the ones in the public sale.

:|

Another picture from 2022:

• Options
    I got the impression that Americans like to be side stage for whatever reason.
    Maybe that's why 10c chose these sections.
    Personally I hate being side stage not just because of the maybe obstructed view but mainly because of the worse sound.
    Public sale starts in about an hour and at least for one gig I'll try to be more central.

• Options
    AponeApone Posts: 580
    one_stone said:
    Ok. What I have somehow been afraid of happend...

Now the seat confirmations for reserved seats in Berlin have arrived and actually we have gotten really ?good? seats - at least on paper. The sectors are those closest to the stage, but at Waldbühne I have a feeling that this is only half the truth? 

I (and surely many others) have been assigned seats in sector A1, first sector from the right of stage, and even on the very right of the sector. I have been to all PJ Waldbühne shows so far and have never sat close to A1 or probably even parts of A2 as they are so far right and beginning to turn away from the stage that I thought you wouldn't see anything. I usually took seats in the lower part of D2 or B1. 

I checked another concert at Waldbühne with reserved seating (Peter Maffay - see here:https://www.eventim.de/event/peter-maffay-band-we-love-rock-n-roll-farewell-tour-2024-waldbuehne-berlin-18001943/) and for that show the seats in A1 and E2 are actually considered "eventuell sichtbehindert" (maybe obstructed view) and are price category 4 - even worse than the seats on the second rank...

So.... anybody with experience - who has already sat there (A1 - lowest 10 rows), please report your experience (quickly, so that I know if I need to buy seats in the public sale)
    I was in that section for the 2022 and it was great.  Would absolutely have those seats again.
    2006: Leeds; 2012: Manchester 1; 2014: Leeds; 2017: London 1 (EV); 2018: Amsterdam 1, London 1, London 2; 2019: Amsterdam 1 (EV), Dublin (EV); 2022: Berlin, London 1, London 2, Budapest, Krakow, Amsterdam 1, Amsterdam 2; 2023: Chicago 1, Chicago 2
  • Options
    Apone said:

I was in that section for the 2022 and it was great.  Would absolutely have those seats again.
    A1? Which row?
  • Options
    edited February 23
    Hmmm....at the verified sale there were already over 20,000 people in the queue at 10 a.m. So with a capacity of around 22,000 in the Waldbühne, these tickets will probably sell out very quickly...we'll keeping our TenClub tickets.
    Post edited by TinaE on
  • Options
    marumarukomarumaruko Frankfurt / Calgary Posts: 81
    Got lucky with the eventim pre-sale, but you could not select where you would sit. Same price as for 10c tickets. 
  • Options
    ...still trying to get tix at least for July 3rd.
    Been able to chose tix for section C1 and then there was a "technical issue" at checkout.
    Sorry, but it's a total mess once again...

• Options
    Got lucky with the eventim pre-sale, but you could not select where you would sit. Same price as for 10c tickets. 
    Thanks for the info, good to know...
  • Options
    edited February 23
    A few positive/negative takeaways from the public / registered fan sale:

* Great Job for 10c that we have gotten our tickets hassle-free!!
    * Pricing was the same as 10c tickets
    * Bringing up eventim as a second option in the sale was bad (I actually never saw a single ticket show up there)
    * I didn't get tempted with good tickets to buy them instead of the 10c allocated tickets

Having crawled through an endless stream of pictures from seats from Waldbühne I think:

* 10c sections should have been A2 and E1 instead of A1 and E2, somebody with knowledge of the venue should have seen that / prepared it that way. Probably more livenations fault than 10c who might have requested something like "10c get's the sections closest to stage")
    * A1 and E2 will be good / great for those in the lower rows of the sections (row 10 and below) and average to extremly awful for those in the higher rows (10 - 33). The higher, the worse. Worst seat - and that would be not only for the section but something like "worst seat in the house" - would be E2 / Row 33 / Seat 27/28 and A1 / Row 33 / Seat 01/02.

If your 10c tickets are somewhere near that probably consider F2F before having a bad surprise on show day
    Post edited by one_stone on
  • Options
    axeljohanaxeljohan Posts: 404
    That's why I chose to go for GA, because I wasn't sure where the 10c-seating-tickets would be.

Never in the world would I thought, that 10c would give its members sections which are labeled as "might have obstructed view" by eventim (biggest German ticket seller) and often are sold at a lower price. That should not happen.
  • Options
    Prices are crazy, lucky you if you are willing to spend EUR 175 for a concert ticket. I won't be part of this. Have fun!
  • Options
    axeljohan said:
    That's why I chose to go for GA, because I wasn't sure where the 10c-seating-tickets would be.

Never in the world would I thought, that 10c would give its members sections which are labeled as "might have obstructed view" by eventim (biggest German ticket seller) and often are sold at a lower price. That should not happen.
    Yeah - I was thinking about doing that too - but I soo much love the view from the (good) seats at Waldbühne that I took the chance. Fingers crossed that my membership number and the resulting rows have spared me from real bad seats.
  • Options
    axeljohanaxeljohan Posts: 404
    edited February 23
    mine is a medium to bad number, so I didn't want to role the dice. But 10c members should not be afraid to get shitty seats with obstructed view no matter what their number is. 

Didn't something similar happen last year in the US and was corrected later? Maybe 10c will correct this as well (but I would not holding my breath)
  • Options
    I checked both TM an Eventim.
    Was even easier to get to the step of being able to buy tickets on Eventim. Was still in the waiting room over at TM, when I could have already chosen my tickets on Eventim.

Anyways: Eventim offered only one price-categegory for both seated and standing tickets (174,50 Euro) on TM the cheapest ticket was 174,50 Euro and the most expensive was "PJ Premium" for 349 for one reserved seat.

• Options
    enricopn said:
    Prices are crazy, lucky you if you are willing to spend EUR 175 for a concert ticket. I won't be part of this. Have fun!
    What I would have expected to see in the registered fan sale would have been different/cheaper price categories for the higher up seats (has been a rumor based on a telephone call to live nation Germany) but that didn't happen. 175 EUR for excellent seats / golden circle is hefty but nowadays probably close to standard but 175 EUR for the seats in the upper ranks is ridiculous! (I just haven't seen if there were upper ranks available in the registered fan sale)
  • Options
    LizJ said:
    I checked both TM an Eventim.
    Was even easier to get to the step of being able to buy tickets on Eventim. Was still in the waiting room over at TM, when I could have already chosen my tickets on Eventim.

Anyways: Eventim offered only one price-categegory for both seated and standing tickets (174,50 Euro) on TM the cheapest ticket was 174,50 Euro and the most expensive was "PJ Premium" for 349 for one reserved seat.

Did you get a ticket in your basket on the eventim site?

The queue was super small and I got to the ticket page immediately but I didn't manage to cart a single ticket over the course of half an hour...
  • Options
    Gregeje76Gregeje76 Germany Posts: 15

Still so many tickets available at Eventim…..less demand than expected but related to the high prices I guess….