"Dark Matter" and its tracks on the charts

Comments

• BF25394BF25394 Posts: 4,329
    Original post updated for charts for week ending June 29, 2024.

"Wreckage" climbs on all four charts: Alternative Airplay (to No. 6), Mainstream Rock Airplay (to No. 5), Rock & Alternative Airplay (to No. 2) and Triple-A (to No. 3). On Canada Rock, it makes another big leap from No. 19 to No. 9.
    I gather speed from you fucking with me.
  • igotid88igotid88 Posts: 27,757
    Cool
    I miss igotid88
  • Wow, that's really good to hear. Thanks for the update buddy. 
  • The JugglerThe Juggler Posts: 48,466
    -like-
    www.myspace.com
  • demetriosdemetrios Posts: 91,156
    BF25394 said:
    Original post updated for charts for week ending June 29, 2024.

"Wreckage" climbs on all four charts: Alternative Airplay (to No. 6), Mainstream Rock Airplay (to No. 5), Rock & Alternative Airplay (to No. 2) and Triple-A (to No. 3). On Canada Rock, it makes another big leap from No. 19 to No. 9.

Excellent!
  • T-Bone 82T-Bone 82 Posts: 410
    Solid! It's a great tune, worthy of many radio plays. 

Hopefully some more PJ coming up on this season of The Bear! 
    "Darkness comes in waves, tell me, why invite it to stay?"
  • The JugglerThe Juggler Posts: 48,466
    T-Bone 82 said:
    Solid! It's a great tune, worthy of many radio plays. 

Hopefully some more PJ coming up on this season of The Bear! 
    Can't wait to watch. Currently rewatching last season...
    www.myspace.com
    90% of artists I have never heard of before.

demetrios said:
    90% of artists I have never heard of before.

Well, if you haven't heard of them, given the Can-Con rules, then we Americans are really not likely to have heard of them.
    Original post updated for charts for week ending July 6, 2024.

After 19 weeks, "Dark Matter" is no longer on any U.S. chart. It is still in the top ten on Canada Rock.

"Wreckage" holds steady at Alternative and Triple-A and moves up to No. 3 at Mainstream Rock and No. 7 on Canada Rock.
    That's fantastic. I'll update the original post on Tuesday when the charts are officially published.
    , Pearl Jam’s 12th studio album. The set launched at No. 1 on the Top Rock & Alternative Albums ranking dated May 4 and has earned 102,000 equivalent album units to date.

I miss igotid88
    igotid88 said:
    , Pearl Jam’s 12th studio album. The set launched at No. 1 on the Top Rock & Alternative Albums ranking dated May 4 and has earned 102,000 equivalent album units to date.

Probably about 85-90,000 in traditional sales.
  • bobasfeetbobasfeet Posts: 1,109
    Their label needs to keep pushing this album. Band needs to keep promoting it.
    edited July 7
    Maybe a music video to give Wreckage that extra push that could maybe get it into the Hot 100 or something close to that. Maybe make it the song of the summer. 
    I miss igotid88
    igotid88 said:
    Maybe a music video to give Wreckage that extra push that could maybe get it into the Hot 100 or something close to that. Maybe make it the song of the summer. 
    Song of the summer?! Ha!

Number one at Mainstream Rock is just about the ceiling in terms of audience this song can reach in 2024. Let's just appreciate that. Maybe it can pull off the trifecta with Alternative Rock and Triple-A to ice the cake.

By the way, for the people (not you) who said they chose the wrong songs as singles, both singles have now hit number one on the rock charts, so I'd say they picked the right ones.
    Original post updated for charts for week ending July 13, 2024.

As previously noted by igotid88, "Wreckage" follows "Dark Matter" in ascending to No. 1 on the Mainstream Rock Airplay chart. It holds steady at No. 2 on Rock & Alternative Airplay and at No. 3 on Triple-A, and moves into the top five on the Canada Rock chart. Pearl Jam has two of the top ten songs on Canada Rock as "Dark Matter" hangs on at No. 10. I wonder if Canada counts Seattle acts as "Can-Con" since it's so close to the border. :)
    Original post updated for charts for week ending July 20, 2024.
    Thanks for updating! Glad to see the song is performing well. It's a great tune!
  • kramerica4kramerica4 Posts: 284
    Now it's time for 'Waiting for Stevie' to top the charts!

edited July 24
    Original post updated for charts for week ending July 27, 2024.

"Wreckage" becomes Pearl Jam's second number one from Dark Matter on the Canada Rock chart. It also moves up to a new peak of No. 2 at U.S. Triple-A radio.

In other Pearl Jam-related chart news, Eddie Vedder's cover of the English Beat's "Save It for Later" moves from No. 47 to No. 34 in its second week on the Rock and Alternative Airplay chart. It is also No. 12 on the Rock Digital Song Sales chart in its third week, down from No. 5 after debuting at No. 3 two weeks ago.

The funny thing is that, despite its great success at several radio formats, I still have yet to hear "Wreckage" on the radio in Los Angeles. (I heard it once on the radio when I was in Seattle for the shows.) But I have heard "Save It for Later" on the radio in L.A. once.
    Post edited by BF25394 on
  • TJ25487TJ25487 Posts: 1,475
    They will take over the world if this happens! I think WFS is a great radio song! Bring it. 
  • CarryTheZeroCarryTheZero Posts: 2,803
    Just heard Scared of Fear on local radio in Atlanta!
    Just heard Scared of Fear on local radio in Atlanta!
    On which station?
  • CarryTheZeroCarryTheZero Posts: 2,803
    99X
    BF25394 said:
    Original post updated for charts for week ending July 27, 2024.

"Wreckage" becomes Pearl Jam's second number one from Dark Matter on the Canada Rock chart. It also moves up to a new peak of No. 2 at U.S. Triple-A radio.

In other Pearl Jam-related chart news, Eddie Vedder's cover of the English Beat's "Save It for Later" moves from No. 47 to No. 34 in its second week on the Rock and Alternative Airplay chart. It is also No. 12 on the Rock Digital Song Sales chart in its third week, down from No. 5 after debuting at No. 3 two weeks ago.

The funny thing is that, despite its great success at several radio formats, I still have yet to hear "Wreckage" on the radio in Los Angeles. (I heard it once on the radio when I was in Seattle for the shows.) But I have heard "Save It for Later" on the radio in L.A. once.
    I've only heard Wreckage on radio twice (aside from PJ radio on XM). I heard it on Spectrum XM and I heard it at a restaurant in Vegas back in May. That may have been a Spotify playlist or something. Who knows?

I know WMMR in Philly played Dark Matter a ton and Wreckage as well, from viewing their "On Air" list. But I don't really listen to much terrestrial radio anymore. 
  • djjazzy276djjazzy276 Posts: 228
    Wreckage is getting all kinds of airplay on 101.9 here in Portland for quite a while now.
    I know a lot of people want Waiting for Stevie as next single, but I think Won't Tell would have more mass appeal. Great hook, soaring chorus, U2 / Cure outro.