"Dark Matter" and its tracks on the charts

18910111214»

Comments

• BF25394BF25394 Posts: 4,331
    Original post updated for charts for week ending September 21, 2024.

"Wreckage" drops off all U.S.-based airplay charts after 20 weeks, and falls to No. 2 after eight weeks atop the Canada Rock chart.

"Waiting for Stevie" moves up from No. 33 to No. 31 on the Mainstream Rock Airplay chart. It does not yet appear on the Alternative or Triple-A charts.

In other Pearl Jam-related chart news, Eddie Vedder's cover of "Save It for Later" falls from No. 34 to No. 40 in its eighth week on the Alternative Airplay chart. It previously peaked at No. 29.
    I gather speed from you fucking with me.
  • igotid88igotid88 Posts: 27,757
    igotid88 said:
    igotid88 said:
    kmcmanus said:
    BF25394 said:
    I would be surprised if Pearl Jam makes a special trip to New York in October just to play Saturday Night Live. If they were interested in playing TV shows, the time would have been in the spring when the album was released. 
    They would also need for SNL to invite them, which might not be the slam dunk in 2024 that a lot of us might hope
    They keep inviting the Foo Fighters. So why not the best band in the world today?
    Yeah I do not think it is a stretch for them to be invited on SNL.
    I really want is for them to perform at the Grammys. That's if they get nominated of course. But that's even less likely than SNL.
    I could not care less about the Grammys. 
    Well no Pearl Jam on SNL for the first 5 weeks
    I miss igotid88
  • The JugglerThe Juggler Posts: 48,466
    igotid88 said:
    igotid88 said:
    igotid88 said:
    kmcmanus said:
    BF25394 said:
    I would be surprised if Pearl Jam makes a special trip to New York in October just to play Saturday Night Live. If they were interested in playing TV shows, the time would have been in the spring when the album was released. 
    They would also need for SNL to invite them, which might not be the slam dunk in 2024 that a lot of us might hope
    They keep inviting the Foo Fighters. So why not the best band in the world today?
    I really want is for them to perform at the Grammys. That's if they get nominated of course. But that's even less likely than SNL.
    I don't get it
    www.myspace.com
    igotid88 said:
    igotid88 said:
    igotid88 said:
    kmcmanus said:
    BF25394 said:
    I don't get it
    What's not to get? They've announced to guest hosts and musical guests to start the season
    I miss igotid88
  • demetriosdemetrios Posts: 91,156
    Chart Scene: Pearl Jam’s ‘Dark Matter Tour’ Earns Top Debut On LIVE75 https://news.pollstar.com/2024/09/20/chart-scene-pearl-jams-dark-matter-tour-earns-top-debut-on-live75/
    Original post updated for charts for week ending September 28, 2024.

"Wreckage" holds at No. 2 after eight weeks atop the Canada Rock chart.

"Waiting for Stevie" moves up from No. 31 to No. 27 in its third week on the Mainstream Rock Airplay chart.

In other Pearl Jam-related chart news, Eddie Vedder's cover of "Save It for Later" holds at No. 40 in its ninth week on the 40-position Alternative Airplay chart. It previously peaked at No. 29.
    igotid88 said:
    igotid88 said:
    igotid88 said:
    igotid88 said:
    kmcmanus said:
    BF25394 said:
    I don't get it
    What's not to get? 
    Why Pearl Jam has again decided against seriously promoting a new album...
    www.myspace.com
    igotid88 said:
    igotid88 said:
    igotid88 said:
    igotid88 said:
    kmcmanus said:
    BF25394 said:
    I don't get it
    What's not to get? 
    I think they don't care enough to go to the trouble of schlepping across the country to play a show that won't make any meaningful difference to their album sales or consumption. It's also not clear that they would be a priority for SNL anyway.
  • T-Bone 82T-Bone 82 Posts: 410
    BF25394 said:
    igotid88 said:
    igotid88 said:
    igotid88 said:
    igotid88 said:
    kmcmanus said:
    BF25394 said:
    I don't get it
    What's not to get? 
    I think they don't care enough to go to the trouble of schlepping across the country to play a show that won't make any meaningful difference to their album sales or consumption. It's also not clear that they would be a priority for SNL anyway.
    Agreed. Doing all that to sell 10,000 more albums or something is just not worth it. Huge majority of their income is touring. 
    "Darkness comes in waves, tell me, why invite it to stay?"
  • VINNY GOOMBAVINNY GOOMBA Posts: 1,816
    Would be cool to see a live version of Waiting for Stevie to be released as a music video.  I imagine they have been filming this tour?  Would cut up nicely with Ed wearing the same Jersey at every show :)
    T-Bone 82 said:
    BF25394 said:
    igotid88 said:
    igotid88 said:
    igotid88 said:
    igotid88 said:
    kmcmanus said:
    BF25394 said:
    I don't get it
    What's not to get? 
    Agreed. Doing all that to sell 10,000 more albums or something is just not worth it. Huge majority of their income is touring. 
    And it would be more like less than 5,000. In 2024, the overwhelming share of people who want to buy a new Pearl Jam album are anticipating its release and buying it when it first comes out. And there just aren't that many of us anymore. There are lots of people in this fan club who don't even buy the new albums, which never made sense to me but apparently a significant number of people are just here for first crack at the best tickets to go see them play songs from their first five albums.
    BF25394 said:
    T-Bone 82 said:
    BF25394 said:
    igotid88 said:
    igotid88 said:
    igotid88 said:
    igotid88 said:
    kmcmanus said:
    BF25394 said:
    I don't get it
    What's not to get? 
    And it would be more like less than 5,000. In 2024, the overwhelming share of people who want to buy a new Pearl Jam album are anticipating its release and buying it when it first comes out. And there just aren't that many of us anymore. There are lots of people in this fan club who don't even buy the new albums, which never made sense to me but apparently a significant number of people are just here for first crack at the best tickets to go see them play songs from their first five albums.
    And between the fb groups there's over 150k members. I some overlap and of course foreign members. But when it says only just over 100k was sold/streamed/downloads whatever? And some of us have like 5-12 copies because of the variants. That's probably 70% of those people that haven't purchased the album. I'm making 70% up of course. I'm sure they streamed the album or watch some on YouTube. 
    But the appearances on shows like SNL are for the casuals or never heard of the band types. Reminding people you're still around or maybe getting new fans. 
    I miss igotid88
    igotid88 said:

And between the fb groups there's over 150k members. I some overlap and of course foreign members. But when it says only just over 100k was sold/streamed/downloads whatever? And some of us have like 5-12 copies because of the variants. That's probably 70% of those people that haven't purchased the album. I'm making 70% up of course. I'm sure they streamed the album or watch some on YouTube. 
    But the appearances on shows like SNL are for the casuals or never heard of the band types. Reminding people you're still around or maybe getting new fans. 
    It's just that not many of the casuals buy albums anymore, and they stream new music negligibly. The overwhelming majority of the audience for new music is under 30, and that audience is, by and large, not listening to classic rock bands or watching network television.
  • demetriosdemetrios Posts: 91,156
    BF25394 said:
    Original post updated for charts for week ending September 28, 2024.

"Wreckage" holds at No. 2 after eight weeks atop the Canada Rock chart.

"Waiting for Stevie" moves up from No. 31 to No. 27 in its third week on the Mainstream Rock Airplay chart.

In other Pearl Jam-related chart news, Eddie Vedder's cover of "Save It for Later" holds at No. 40 in its ninth week on the 40-position Alternative Airplay chart. It previously peaked at No. 29.

I still haven't heard Waiting For Stevie on the radio out here. 
    If they do SNL. 2 hosts I would like to see them with are Lindsay Lohan for the Freaky Friday sequel or Pedro Pascal for the Last of Us season 2 promotion. 
    I miss igotid88
  • spankyMPspankyMP Posts: 1,747
    igotid88 said:
    If they do SNL. 2 hosts I would like to see them with are Lindsay Lohan for the Freaky Friday sequel or Pedro Pascal for the Last of Us season 2 promotion. 
    Pascal for sure.
    Randall's Island 9/29/96, Continental Arena 9/8/98, MSG 9/10/98, Jones Beach 8/23/00, 8/24/00, 8/25/00, Nassau Coliseum 4/30/03, MSG 7/8/03, 7/9/03, Continental Arena 6/1/06, 6/3/06, MSG 6/24/08, 6/25/08, Spectrum 10/30/09, 10/31/09, MSG 5/20/10, 5/21/10, PJ20 9/3/11, 9/4/11, Charlottesville 10/29/13, Charlotte 10/30/13, Global Citizen 9/26/15, Raleigh 4/20/16 :( Baltimore 3/28/20 :( Austin 9/18/23, 9/19/23, Forum 5/21/24, Baltimore 9/12/24, Fenway 9/17/24
    Regardless of the affect on how many units it sells, there is still a level of prestige associated with a performance on SNL and I have to believe the band is still appreciative of that. I am sure SNL would want them.

Hope it happens. Fingers remained crossed. 
    www.myspace.com
    Over 3 million people have heard it through the trailer and trailer reactions. But I don't think they count those
    I miss igotid88
    Regardless of the affect on how many units it sells, there is still a level of prestige associated with a performance on SNL and I have to believe the band is still appreciative of that. I am sure SNL would want them.

Hope it happens. Fingers remained crossed. 
    But not to the extent that they will go to the expense and trouble of making a special trip across the country to play the show, I don't think. If they were in New York on tour or for some other engagement, it would make more sense.