• Options
    NewfieintheUSANewfieintheUSA Posts: 2,394
    We just landed in Vancouver!
  • Options
    nc_jammer1nc_jammer1 Posts: 546
    Zod said:
    ekwipt said:
    ekwipt said:
    😆 whoa I’m in there too. Red & white hat in the bottom right with my buddy in the Swallowed Whole hoodie he just bought. 
    For reference for people asking earlier about GA arrival times: We walked into the pit just as Mudhoney started playing and were about 4 bodies back on Stone’s side. 
    Yah for that spot 4 people deep centre stage, my brother and I strolled in at doors (6:30pm) we didn't wait all day anyways.   Which I'm glad we didn't because when we came out of the hotel, I walked right by Mike McCready in the lobby of the four seasons... completely abandoned my brother, turned around, introduced myself to Mike, and then I had absolutely nothing to say.. lol.  My brother came and bailed me out once he realized I wasn't with him any more.. haha such a great day.

If I had waited in the line I would of never met Mike McCready :)
    Great story !! 
  • Options
    Original_ShiftyOriginal_Shifty Great White North Posts: 295
    Enjoy the sun today and tomorrow. That'll be the last you see of it until Tuesday. 
    2011: Vancouver
    2013: LA 1 & LA 2, Vancouver
    2018: Seattle 1 & Seattle 2
    2022: LA 1 & LA 2
    2024: Vancouver 1 & Vancouver 2, Portland, Seattle 1 & Seattle 2
  • Options
    JseeteenakJseeteenak Baker Lake, Nunavut, Canada Posts: 92
    I'll be arriving tomorrow morning, managed to snag 118 row 12 when the 10c happened on Tuesday. Was during my lunch hour so I was a little late, all the lowers were already gone.
  • Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,752

Welcome!!! It's a beautiful day, so glad you get at least one or two of them! I am very excited for you - travelling for the shows is so fun.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    julieferjuliefer New Westminster, BC Posts: 395
    Tomorrow's weather is supposed to be pretty decent too! Good day to visit Stanley Park and Granville Island, if they're on your list.
  • Options
    SpunkieSpunkie I come from downtown. Posts: 5,954
    edited May 2
    SOLD
    Post edited by Spunkie on
  • Options
    Spunkie said:
    N2 - Floor row 2 just listed - live now

forgot about Pipsqueak's random Mondaysoccer game - oops
    Oops
  • Options
    Any locals have celiac friendly restaurant recommdations? Specifically around Commercial Drive?
  • Options
    ekwiptekwipt Vancouver Posts: 485
    Any locals have celiac friendly restaurant recommdations? Specifically around Commercial Drive?
    Not sure of anything right in that area but Juke Fried Chicken & Meet On Main are both known to be celiac friendly and are pretty good. Meet is also vegan. I don’t have gluten issues myself but have eaten at both places. I’ll try to see what else I can find for you tonight. 
  • Options
    DJ253147DJ253147 Posts: 651
    edited May 2
    Enjoy the sun today and tomorrow. That'll be the last you see of it until Tuesday. 

Stoked for the shows and I really enjoy this thread but there must be a lot of people fondly remembering the  "golden era" of the 10C ticket sales. Walk up to the ticket window and grab your pair and have the thrill of seeing what you got for tix with everybody having a shot at hitting a Row1,2 and 9,10 lottery win. It would be nice if some form of lotto had been part of this sale. Oh and my 10C# is 403,xxx so a lot long time fans will laugh at what my idea of the golden era is.

Our first show PJ was U2/PJ in Honolulu and that hour long PJ set was an absolute game changer! First full show was Seattle 2009. Got through the sale process in minutes on dial up internet at a remote Gulf Island vacation spot. I didn't tell my wife I'd got tickets for both shows until we hit the 10C window to grab night one tickets but we booked one week vacation including Seattle for 3 nights so all was good with the Vancouver show Friday night still to come. Got to the venue(Key Arena) to find some of the best seats we'd ever had sat in at any show, about like 105/118 in Rogers.Stone's side 1 night, Mike's the next. Awesome!! Naive as we were we thought hmmm  could actually end up in floor seats some day? We weren't looking forward to possibility.

Fast forward to Friday night Sept. 25 in Vancouver and after checking into the Bayshore Inn for the 10C rate of about $120.00. (I paid more than $120.00, 25 years prior after a Stevie Ray Vaughn show at the Commodore.) Well after dinner and some beverages, we hit the 10C window 8:30ish and found out we had floor seats. Figured oh, oh our lucky streak is over we're Row 36 Seat 1 or something. Well after we had a better look we realized we actually  had Row 1 Seat 36 and 37 right in front of Stone. Hell I even made  a very brief cameo appearance during B-Man in the PJ20 movie!!!

Very fond memories and thankful to 10C but change was inevitable with the technology  required to run a ticket sale. 

Most importantly the band are still making new music,still performing live and I enjoy it as much or more than ever!
    Post edited by DJ253147 on
  • Options
    ekwipt said:
    Not sure of anything right in that area but Juke Fried Chicken & Meet On Main are both known to be celiac friendly and are pretty good. Meet is also vegan. I don’t have gluten issues myself but have eaten at both places. I’ll try to see what else I can find for you tonight. 
    Not sure how sensitive you are and how much potential cross contamination in the kitchen is a worry but I read that Ask For Luigi does gluten free pasta as well as usually offering a risotto and they are fantastic. Also read Nuba offers celiac friendly dishes. Check out The Flourist on Commercial Drive’s website if you have time. I know they mill their own flour from alternative grains and offer pizza and baked goods but I’m not 100% clear on how celiac friendly they are overall. 
  • Options
    One more question, where to get a cheap camping chair to use in the GA line?
  • Options
    ZodZod Posts: 10,396
    DJ253147 said:

Stoked for the shows and I really enjoy this thread but there must be a lot of people fondly remembering the  "golden era" of the 10C ticket sales. Walk up to the ticket window and grab your pair and have the thrill of seeing what you got for tix with everybody having a shot at hitting a Row1,2 and 9,10 lottery win. It would be nice if some form of lotto had been part of this sale. Oh and my 10C# is 403,xxx so a lot long time fans will laugh at what my idea of the golden era is.

Our first show PJ was U2/PJ in Honolulu and that hour long PJ set was an absolute game changer! First full show was Seattle 2009. Got through the sale process in minutes on dial up internet at a remote Gulf Island vacation spot. I didn't tell my wife I'd got tickets for both shows until we hit the 10C window to grab night one tickets but we booked one week vacation including Seattle for 3 nights so all was good with the Vancouver show Friday night still to come. Got to the venue(Key Arena) to find some of the best seats we'd ever had sat in at any show, about like 105/118 in Rogers.Stone's side 1 night, Mike's the next. Awesome!! Naive as we were we thought hmmm  could actually end up in floor seats some day? We weren't looking forward to possibility.

Fast forward to Friday night Sept. 25 in Vancouver and after checking into the Bayshore Inn for the 10C rate of about $120.00. (I paid more than $120.00, 25 years prior after a Stevie Ray Vaughn show at the Commodore.) Well after dinner and some beverages, we hit the 10C window 8:30ish and found out we had floor seats. Figured oh, oh our lucky streak is over we're Row 36 Seat 1 or something. Well after we had a better look we realized we actually  had Row 1 Seat 36 and 37 right in front of Stone. Hell I even made  a very brief cameo appearance during B-Man in the PJ20 movie!!!

Very fond memories and thankful to 10C but change was inevitable with the technology  required to run a ticket sale. 

Most importantly the band are still making new music,still performing live and I enjoy it as much or more than ever!
    Those are amazing stories.

I struggled with the, don't find out your seat location until a couple of hours before the show thing.   Every time they made changes (multiple shows on a tour, the 4 rows of lottery etc), my seats kept getting further back.   So every time I would show up for tickets, they were often not as a good as I thought they might be. Which would be fine if you find that out way in advance, but you can be a little disappointed going straight into a show :(

I like that we know where our seats are.  Not sure how I feel about fan2fan and the constant ability to upgrade.  I did like it used to be, it is what it is, so you couldn't do much about it :)

Generally I've had pretty good seats or at least solid seats for 10c.   It's only the Seattle shows where they'd be considerable further back.

After reading this thread I think it's being spoiled that the demand in Vancouver for 10c tickets is lower than other places :)
  • Options

It's so delicious there is a new one downtown, too
  • Options
    DJ253147DJ253147 Posts: 651
    Spunkie said:

It’s awesome, try the TanTan noodles
  • Options
    Spunkie said:

They have gluten free options? 
  • Options
    Honestly, most places I go to in Vancouver now have gluten-free options. I am useless for specific recommendations - just saying that it isn't hard to find in the city or on Commercial in particular! :)
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    edited May 3
    I was trying to remember the name of those noodles. That and the peanut butter wonton mmm... I think I know where I'm going to have dinner Saturday!

I think I did that for a PJ show once before haha met a girlfriend squeezed in a quick visit before the show and enjoyed their delicious food!
  • Options
    rattzeyrattzey Posts: 877
    sorry if I missed something here but is there a pre party anywhere for N1 Van? just had it all come together and bringing my 13 year old twins with me ! finally it's happening !! 
    Walkin on a slippery sidewalk listening to P.J
  • Options
    ManOfTheHour75ManOfTheHour75 Posts: 339
    rattzey said:
    sorry if I missed something here but is there a pre party anywhere for N1 Van? just had it all come together and bringing my 13 year old twins with me ! finally it's happening !! 

" Things were different then, all is different now "

Seattle 09-16-96, Vancouver 07-19-98, Seattle 11-05-00, Seattle 12-09-02, Vancouver 05-30-03, Vancouver 09-02-05, Gorge 07-23-06, Seattle 09-21-09, Seattle 09-22-09, Vancouver 09-25-09
  • Options
    YAKIMATSUYAKIMATSU Santa Fe Posts: 687
    edited May 3
    DJ253147 said:

Fast forward to FrI iday night Sept. 25 in Vancouver and after checking into the Bayshore Inn for the 10C rate of about $120.00. (I paid more than $120.00, 25 years prior after a Stevie Ray Vaughn show at the Commodore.) Well after dinner and some beverages, we hit the 10C window 8:30ish and found out we had floor seats. Figured oh, oh our lucky streak is over we're Row 36 Seat 1 or something. Well after we had a better look we realized we actually  had Row 1 Seat 36 and 37 right in front of Stone. Hell I even made  a very brief cameo appearance during B-Man in the PJ20 movie!!!

I was lucky to win that lottery back in the day.  I got front row at the will call in KC.  I had to go back and confirm they were what I thought they were with the clerk.  I clutched those tickets like they were gold.  Stone side, front row.  My 420xxx had won.  Turned out it was Smitty"s birthday and Ed tossed me cake.  I still have the y and the balloons from atop the cake.
    It did take Ed two tries to get me a piece, but it was the best damn cake I ever ate.  I ate it through Alive and it was glorious.

2969 minutes until show start
    Post edited by YAKIMATSU on
  • Options
    edited May 3
    rattzey said:

There are wishlist parties on both nights at The Pint. 455 Abbott Street. It's a 5 - 8 minutes walk to the venue.
    Post edited by PJ_Soul on
  • Options
    😮 

• Options
    Hope somebody jumps on this. I can’t leave my wife alone on Sat 😆 
    Monday I’m solo and hoping for a last minute GA miracle 🙏 
  • Options
    mypantsmypants Canada Posts: 8
    Any word on advance merch sales yet? Heading in from Winnipeg tomorrow morning! Almost here… !
  • Options
    nc_jammer1nc_jammer1 Posts: 546
    edited May 3
    ekwipt said:
    there's seats for two available outside GA!lol
  • Options
    mypants said:
    Any word on advance merch sales yet? Heading in from Winnipeg tomorrow morning! Almost here… !

• Options
    ekwipt said:
    there's seats for two available outside GA!lol
    And I have good ones both nights but I’d love to get in there for 1
  • Options
    mypantsmypants Canada Posts: 8
    Thank you @ekwipt!