Options

Vancouver N1 and N2 - Thread

1394041424345»

Comments

• Options
    ZodZod Posts: 10,331
    Zod said:
    Driving back to PDX today — just crossed the border. Very chatty border officer asked if we’d been at the shows, one or both, what was our takeaway? Apparently the fans who got on the road before us preferred night one (we were one of many groups returning to the US after the shows, apparently). I don’t know — we thought they both were great, especially for tour openers.
    Our border agent was very chatty and polite as well. Though we didn't discuss the shows, we discussed him being from Chicago and his wife from South Bend, IN and how I live right between the two.

Now, the officers with radar guns on the curve before the border crossing....they got me good! I'm not sure how that will work with me having been in a rental car. I don't love that, but I wasn't aware the speed zone dropped to 30kph there. 

That's generally how our police work.  They don't usually do speed traps where conditions are dangerous for speeding.  They tend to them where the speed limit is lower than it should be, or spots where people might not have noticed it changed.  We all them honey holes.  Easy way to write ticket after ticket.
    That's exactly what it was. Get people when they are more focused on crossing borders, gathering passports, uncertainof the changing conditions and potentially distracted. But, I was still wrong and I accept my fault for it. I'm just not sure if I can pay the fine or if I have to wait for the rental car to pay it then bill me. Hell, I'm only assuming it was Canadian police. I expected them to send someone to my car while I was waiting in the queue at the crossing. If they only photo a US plate can they still fine it? How does that work?
    We don't have photo radar in BC.  To get speeding tickets, the police officer pulls you over, gets your ID and info, and then writes you a ticket.

Did they actually pull you over and physically give you a ticket?  If they didn't, maybe you won't get one.   They don't always give out a ticket.   Generally cops focus on 10kph above the speed limit or more, and if someone's offending worse than you, maybe they ticket the other person :)
  • Options
    BF25394BF25394 Posts: 3,535
    juliefer said:
    @BF25394 On gas, you probably got fleeced. But otherwise, due to the exchange rate, you probably did great so it all works out in the end. Glad you enjoyed your visit!
    I did. And I considered it a victory that I calibrated how much cash I would need so well that all the Canadian money I had left at the end of the trip was a single loonie. A friend had agreed to pick me up at the airport in L.A. if I brought him back something from Vancouver. I gave him the dollar.
    I gather speed from you fucking with me.
  • Options
    julieferjuliefer New Westminster, BC Posts: 395
    LOL. That is a win for sure.
  • Options
    CO278952CO278952 Orlando, FL Posts: 1,256
    Incredible 2 shows, hopefully everyone that was there enjoyed themselves! I had unbelievable seats for both nights, opposite sides of the stage. 
    Amazing seats! 
    4.17.94 Paramount 9.28.96 Randall's Island 8.25.00 Jones Beach 4.28.03 Spectrum 7.5.03 Camden 7.6.03 Camden
    07.08.03 MSG 07.09.03 MSG 7.12.03 Hershey 7.14.03 Holmdel 6.12.08 Tampa 10.19.13 Brooklyn 4.11.16 Tampa
    5.1.16 MSG 5.2.16 MSG 8.7.16 Fenway 9.2.18 Fenway 9.4.18 Fenway 9.11.22 MSG 9.16.22 Nashville 9.18.23 Austin 9.19.23 Austin
  • Options
    ManOfTheHour75ManOfTheHour75 Posts: 339
    Wow! Just finished listening to the bootleg from Night 1 and it's absolutely spectacular. 
    First off one of the best sounding boots I've ever heard and the band was on fire along with Ed sounding better than I've heard him in years. 
    Feeling so grateful that I was at these shows and for this seeming resurgence of the band. The way these new songs sound live blows me away and I can't wait to hear night 2 in a few days! 

" Things were different then, all is different now "

Seattle 09-16-96, Vancouver 07-19-98, Seattle 11-05-00, Seattle 12-09-02, Vancouver 05-30-03, Vancouver 09-02-05, Gorge 07-23-06, Seattle 09-21-09, Seattle 09-22-09, Vancouver 09-25-09
  • Options
    edited May 17
    Did anyone have trouble getting paid out for tickets they sold? If so was there a number to call someone at Ticketmaster or what was the best way to contact them. 
    I'm not sure why but I got paid out twice no problem within four business days for the first tickets I sold and now I haven't been paid out for the last pair of tickets for some reason. 

It's been showing the payout was sent for the past 5 or 6 days. 
    Post edited by ManOfTheHour75 on

Seattle 09-16-96, Vancouver 07-19-98, Seattle 11-05-00, Seattle 12-09-02, Vancouver 05-30-03, Vancouver 09-02-05, Gorge 07-23-06, Seattle 09-21-09, Seattle 09-22-09, Vancouver 09-25-09
  • Options
    ekwiptekwipt Vancouver Posts: 403
    Did anyone have trouble getting paid out for tickets they sold? If so was there a number to call someone at Ticketmaster or what was the best way to contact them. 
    I'm not sure why but I got paid out twice no problem within four business days for the first tickets I sold and now I haven't been paid out for the last pair of tickets for some reason. 

I found the later sales I had took the full 7 business days to pay out while the earlier ones were 3-4 days. Seemed like the system slowed way down as things got busier. 
  • Options
    ekwipt said:

I found the later sales I had took the full 7 business days to pay out while the earlier ones were 3-4 days. Seemed like the system slowed way down as things got busier. 
    Ok thanks. I'm trying to be patient but today is 10 full business days and I'm starting to wonder what's going on. 

• Options
    SpunkieSpunkie I come from downtown. Posts: 5,733
    Paid in Canada for night 2 a few days back.
  • Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,680
    I only just received the money for my sale yesterday, and the sale happened I think before it was even May! Really slow right now. You'll get it!
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata