Official 2024 Ticket Lottery Results Thread

Comments

• kmcmanuskmcmanus Posts: 722
    edited February 20
    EBowie said:
    I remember when having a good 10C number actually mattered.  That was cool.  Now we live in this "everyone gets a trophy" era and my years of faithfully maintaining my membership seems to not matter.  What's the point of having membership numbers if we're all just the same ping-pong ball in a lottery machine?
    Because you were always just a ping pong ball? Seniority has never mattered for the lottery, it only matters for seat selection, as mentioned in roughly 97 different posts above 
    Post edited by kmcmanus on
  • SHZASHZA Posts: 3,891
    jjflash said:
    pjl44 said:
    One simple way that selecting both GA/P1 and P1 would increase your chances is if it counts as two distinct entries. So if you didn't get pulled for GA you have 2 ping pong balls (GA/P1 and P1) vs 1 ping pong ball (GA/P1 only).
    That's the way I read it as well. Which begs the question, and to echo others' points: Why not have two literally distinct entries with no overlap: one ping pong ball hopper for GA, and another for seated? 
    To sell more reserved seats which otherwise wouldn't sell because many members would select GA only. 
  • MD190661MD190661 Posts: 394

It seems (and seemed) pretty damn clear to me.
    Agreed. you're getting 3 chances at the show. If you lose GA/P1 you get thrown into plain P1, lose that you get another chance at P2.

That's how we won Baltimore, a show we really wanted. 
    Why would P1 be separate draw for p1 seats than GA/p1?
    Because it's a completely different option. There is no GA only option anymore, so if you want P1, you check every possible way you can get it.
    I don't think only checking the GA/P1 box and checking the P1 box increased chances of getting P1 tickets. It was just an option for people who knew they didn't want GA to not get GA and for PJ to sell more tickets to those who might only want GA but weren't given that option.

Also, I can totally see not wanting to pay $170 a pop to sit in the upper reaches of an arena. I love PJ, of course, but wouldn't put in for a lottery where I could have gotten upper level seats, esp at those prices. 
    10/1/94, 6/22/95, 6/24/95, 9/16/96, 7/22/98, 10/21/01, 6/1/03, 10/25/03, 10/26/03, 9/1/05, 7/15/06, 7/18/06, 8/28/09, 10/07/09, 10/3/12, 11/26/13, 6/18/18, 8/10/18, 5/12/22, 5/13/22, 5/13/24, 5/25/24

• jimjam1982jimjam1982 Posts: 1,398
    GA/P1 - feels like its own GA only option.  The GA pit is a different color.
    P1 is the blue
    P2 was the orange

It wasn't particularly clear but I feel like the P stands for price. Since seated/GA are the same price they get tagged with the P1
  • Vedd HeddVedd Hedd Posts: 4,590
    SHZA said:
    jjflash said:
    pjl44 said:
    One simple way that selecting both GA/P1 and P1 would increase your chances is if it counts as two distinct entries. So if you didn't get pulled for GA you have 2 ping pong balls (GA/P1 and P1) vs 1 ping pong ball (GA/P1 only).
    That's the way I read it as well. Which begs the question, and to echo others' points: Why not have two literally distinct entries with no overlap: one ping pong ball hopper for GA, and another for seated? 
    To sell more reserved seats which otherwise wouldn't sell because many members would select GA only. 
    Smart think thinking GIF - Find on GIFER
    Turn this anger into
    Nuclear fission
  • Listen Jammers! I have no idea how many 10 club members there are anymore.  I literally got 2 shit seats for the 2 fan club Chicago shows that I went to last year.  My seats haven't been good since probably 2006.  I went to 9 shows that tour and my fan club seats were pretty good.  I don't expect anything or Pearl Jam owes me anything for me being in the fan club for over 25 years.  The band is there to make the most money possible and they deserve it even though their political ideology lean complete leftist!  They have 100's of employees to pay healthcare, retirement, and other costs.  If you didn't get tickets and been in the fan club since 92 I don't feel sorry for you.  That's life.  Also, you're probably too old anyways and Pearl Jam want to see some younger people in GA.  Those are my thoughts.  Anyways, for those that got tickets congrats.  For those that didn't, I could care less.  I don't feel sorry for you.
  • pjl44pjl44 Posts: 9,148
    jjflash said:
    pjl44 said:
    I have no idea what actually forced them to change but I certainly saw plenty of questionable behavior reported in the GA or Bust era. Many extra accounts created, tickets pooled, etc. Obviously something about that setup wasn't working for them.
  • PJammin'PJammin' Posts: 1,899
    SHZA said:

Agreed. you're getting 3 chances at the show. If you lose GA/P1 you get thrown into plain P1, lose that you get another chance at P2.

Because it's a completely different option. There is no GA only option anymore, so if you want P1, you check every possible way you can get it.
    But it could just mean that if you select GA-P1 instead of P1 by itself, then you have the added possibility of getting GA in addition to P1, rather than reducing your chances of getting P1 if you don't check both boxes. 
    I guess I should’ve checked both boxes. I just checked GA/P1 thinking if I didn’t get GA I’d get P1. I didn’t check both bcuz I thought that the P1 box was just for a person who definitely wanted a seat and not GA at all. 
    I died. I died and you just stood there. I died and you watched. I died and you walked by and said no. I'm dead.
  • Lerxst1992Lerxst1992 Posts: 6,520
    bootleg said:
    mookieb14 said:
    BF25394 said:

Didn’t you (maybe another member?) earlier say it wasn’t common to have multiple winners for high demand shows?

considering such low odds and how high demand these cities are, it seems very weird considering how many in northeast are completely shut out. I’ve seen ALOT of members here with this type of luck. Great for them , but very weird.
    I have said that you would expect all possible outcomes. Some people will win everything, some will win nothing, some will win something. The lower the demand for the shows you request, the better your chances of winning everything. And, yes, there will be some people who get everything even among the high-demand shows.

If you go back through the 70 pages of this thread relevant to North America, you will see all varieties of outcomes. People are glossing over the mixed outcomes and paying special attention to the all-or-nothing outcomes.

For example, people have referred to lots of people going 10-for-10, but exactly two people in this thread (as of page 89) have reported going 10-for-10.
    Can you show me a N1 P1 and N2 GA result from 2-show city from the same TC account? The one example highlighted a few pages back turned out not to be from the same account. I do agree that there were bound to be some of the 0-fer and all-fer outcomes, but there also seems to be some real oddities with the double GA's for one city.
    Also curious 
    There have definitely been some GA/P1 splits throughout the thread so I don’t think there’s any type of hard rule.  But I do remember feeling like there were oddities in the LA draw with a lot of GA/GA splits that stood out.  I think there were even several “me and my buddy” both got GA/GA comments.  Also saw a lot of P2/P2 Seattle but may have been some observation bias since that’s what I pulled.  The conspiracy theories creep in due to a void of information.  It would be nice to see some more data on how many tix were available/requested.  In a truly random drawing you would expect the results to fall into a Gaussian distribution.  A few are going to pull GA/GA, a few are going get shut out.  The majority should fall into P1/P1, but if you saw an abnormal spike in GA/GA you could infer that something threw the randomness off.

It has nothing to do with conspiracy. I replied to a comment that said if it’s twenty percent chance to win one show it’s twenty percent to win four shows in a very high demand region. That is not true , if the odds are twenty percent per show, you need to multiply twenty percent four times and the result is well under one percent for four shows. Not conspiracy, but math. Yeah the odds can be over twenty percent, but for these specific shows, very unlikely.
  • SHZASHZA Posts: 3,891
    edited February 20
    PJammin' said:
    SHZA said:

But it could just mean that if you select GA-P1 instead of P1 by itself, then you have the added possibility of getting GA in addition to P1, rather than reducing your chances of getting P1 if you don't check both boxes. 
    I guess I should’ve checked both boxes. I just checked GA/P1 thinking if I didn’t get GA I’d get P1. I didn’t check both bcuz I thought that the P1 box was just for a person who definitely wanted a seat and not GA at all. 
    That's a reasonable interpretation. Apparently others think it's "clear" the highlighted language means you need to check both to increase your odds. I'm not sure either way but in any case wasn't really interested in seats at 5xx,xxx level so I didn't check P1 only 
    Post edited by SHZA on
  • mpedonempedone 540xxx - Manchester, NH Posts: 1,945
    P1 is the blue
    P2 was the orange

It wasn't particularly clear but I feel like the P stands for price. Since seated/GA are the same price they get tagged with the P1

Except that the option said "GA or P1 Reserved - Standing or Seating", so it wasn't just price.
    "I'm a lucky man, to count on both hands the [shows I've done]. Some folks just have one, others they got none..."

Hartford 10.02.96 | Mansfield 2 09.16.98 | Mansfield 1 08.29.00 | Mansfield 1 07.02.03 | Mansfield 3 07.11.03 | Boston 2 05.25.06 | Tampa 04.11.16 | Fenway 1 08.05.16 | Fenway 2 08.07.16 | Fenway 1 09.02.18 | Fenway 2 09.04.18 | Baltimore 03.28.20 | Hamilton 09.06.22 | Toronto 09.08.22 | Nashville 09.16.22 | St Louis 09.18.22 | Baltimore 09.12.24 | Fenway 1 09.15.24 | Fenway 2 09.17.24

"He made the deal with the devil, we get to play with him.
    He goes to hell, of course. We're going to heaven."
  • Hagrid7575Hagrid7575 Posts: 184
    The amount of people who still don't understand that membership numbers have zero impact on the lottery itself is so beyond staggering. It's mind-numbing. Soul-distorting. 

And the crazy thing is, it's just not that difficult to understand. This isn't the Riemann hypothesis.
  • kmcmanuskmcmanus Posts: 722
    there is no comparison to ticket demand Philly and NY to any other area they tour, from what I have seen here the last ten years.

Especially because they play very few East Coast shows anymore, none of them south or west of Baltimore. People from Florida to Toronto are all competing for the same 4 cities.
  • AFJAMMERAFJAMMER Posts: 77
    Listen Jammers! I have no idea how many 10 club members there are anymore.  I literally got 2 shit seats for the 2 fan club Chicago shows that I went to last year.  My seats haven't been good since probably 2006.  I went to 9 shows that tour and my fan club seats were pretty good.  I don't expect anything or Pearl Jam owes me anything for me being in the fan club for over 25 years.  The band is there to make the most money possible and they deserve it even though their political ideology lean complete leftist!  They have 100's of employees to pay healthcare, retirement, and other costs.  If you didn't get tickets and been in the fan club since 92 I don't feel sorry for you.  That's life.  Also, you're probably too old anyways and Pearl Jam want to see some younger people in GA.  Those are my thoughts.  Anyways, for those that got tickets congrats.  For those that didn't, I could care less.  I don't feel sorry for you.
    This.

Also, just stop renewing your membership if you feel you’ve been shafted. The same process will happen next tour. You will not suddenly be “guaranteed” anything.
    9/1/00
    5/28/06
    7/6/06
  • mpedone said:
    P1 is the blue
    P2 was the orange

Except that the option said "GA or P1 Reserved - Standing or Seating", so it wasn't just price.
    Correct

2003 Spectrum, Camden 2, Holmdel 2004 Reading, PA 2005 Philly 2006 Hartford, Camden 1&2, E. Rutherford 1&2 2008 Camden 1&2, MSG 1&2  2009 Spectrum 1,2,3,4  2010 Hartford, Newark, MSG 1&2 2013 Wrigley, Pittsburgh, Brooklyn 1&2, Philly 1&2,  Baltimore 2014 Leeds, Cincinnati  2015 GCF  2016 Sunrise, Miami, Hampton, Philly 1&2, MSG 1&2, Fenway 1&2  2017 RHoF Induction 2018 Seattle 1&2 Fenway 1&2 2021 Sea Hear Now 2022 Hamilton, Toronto, MSG, Camden 2023 Indy 2024 Indy, MSG 1&2, Philly 1&2, Baltimore

• otterotter Posts: 760
    PJammin' said:
    I went 0 for 3 and I’m not happy about it. First time not being able to get tickets with my 10C membership. 
    How do you know yet?  I tried for 2 Philly and Baltimore but haven’t got an email one way or the other 
    I found my place......and it's alright
    Just spitballing here...What if you did not get picked for GA and a glitch of some kind did not then dump you into the P1 lottery like it should have?  That could easily result in a shutout of the whole show.  By selecting the 2nd box, you would then be in it for sure.  

Then it would be an error almost similar to the error last year. They told us ga and p1 are the same category. If there were say 3000 tickets available total ga and p1, the first 3000 member numbers drawn get those tickets. If that’s not how they did it, they didn’t follow their own rules. I’ll say it again, based on how difficult these cities have been in the past, it is very very low odds for someone to hit philly twice and msg, even if two memberships are utilized.
  • The selecting multiple categories to increase odds was a HUGE UX fail.
  • njhaley1njhaley1 Posts: 601
    edited February 20
    Let's say they did F up. Would TM work to unravel everything or? Whole lotta people bought plane tickets and put in for hotels yesterday. That'd be quite the pooch to unscrew. 
    AFJAMMER said:
    Listen Jammers! I have no idea how many 10 club members there are anymore.  I literally got 2 shit seats for the 2 fan club Chicago shows that I went to last year.  My seats haven't been good since probably 2006.  I went to 9 shows that tour and my fan club seats were pretty good.  I don't expect anything or Pearl Jam owes me anything for me being in the fan club for over 25 years.  The band is there to make the most money possible and they deserve it even though their political ideology lean complete leftist!  They have 100's of employees to pay healthcare, retirement, and other costs.  If you didn't get tickets and been in the fan club since 92 I don't feel sorry for you.  That's life.  Also, you're probably too old anyways and Pearl Jam want to see some younger people in GA.  Those are my thoughts.  Anyways, for those that got tickets congrats.  For those that didn't, I could care less.  I don't feel sorry for you.
    This.

Also, just stop renewing your membership if you feel you’ve been shafted. The same process will happen next tour. You will not suddenly be “guaranteed” anything.
    Yeah, fair enough.  But you have to feel a little bad for my 52 year old ass.
    I’ve been in the club since forever and lost every time since 2002
    Are people been getting emails continuously today?  Or was there one dump?
  • mcgruff10mcgruff10 Posts: 28,391
    Just spitballing here...What if you did not get picked for GA and a glitch of some kind did not then dump you into the P1 lottery like it should have?  That could easily result in a shutout of the whole show.  By selecting the 2nd box, you would then be in it for sure.  
    That's what I'm thinking.  I only put in for p1 for both philly shows and got nada.
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
    know1 said:
    SHZA said:
    know1 said:

the fact that selecting GA/P1 and P1 separately would increase your odds makes no sense at all
    Well...except for the fact that the Ten Club said it did in the Pre-Sale info.
    I believe that was more meaning select P1 and P2 , but who knows for sure 
    Right, "selecting multiple seat preferences will increase your chances" -- i.e., selecting GA-P1 increases your chances compared to just P1, and adding P2 increases your chances further, but checking P1 in addition to GA-P1 shouldn't increase your chances because P1 is the same seat preference you already selected. Unless there was a second pool of P1s that weren't included in the GA-P1 pool. If that's not the case, then P1 only should have been disabled (or automatically checked) once you selected GA-P1. 
    It's difficult to understand how someone could be going against what the fan club told us was the case. If they said right there in black and white that choosing more options increased your chances, why would you second guess it and not follow their instructions?
    Same thing happened last lottery. And will happen next lottery.

What they were saying is there are very few GA tickets. Picking only GA and P1 will lower chances. But this all started with a fan winning four of four shows in the NY PHIL BALT draws, notoriously difficult tickets to win,(later they disclosed among two memberships, but the odds of hitting four of these shows still very low ) and all of the wins were either p1 or GA. Those odds must be way under one percent, if we assume similar low odds as previous tours. 
  • AFJAMMERAFJAMMER Posts: 77
    otter said:
    AFJAMMER said:
    This.

Yeah, fair enough.  But you have to feel a little bad for my 52 year old ass.
    I’ve been in the club since forever and lost every time since 2002
    I said this in an earlier post, Ticketmaster f2f will have seats at face value. A membership is becoming less valuable. 
    9/1/00
    5/28/06
    7/6/06
  • PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Posts: 49,888
    know1 said:
    BF25394 said:
    And an example of what I just asked, so forget that. I guess it would help to see a lot more split like this -> there should be significantly more GA N1 and P1 N2 (or vice versa) examples that GA N1 and GA N2. I've noticed a lot more of the latter.
    I've highlighted a key phrase.

The night before the Super Bowl, I went out and did karaoke with some friends. One of my friends performed "Ca plane pour moi." A few days later, I was watching a hockey game when I saw a Heineken commercial with that song in it that I'd never noticed before. I mentioned it to the friend. Shortly thereafter, he replied that he saw it on a different channel. The next night, we were at a bar and the commercial came on TV while we were there. I've seen it a few more times since then.

Did this commercial not exist until last week, or did we just not notice it until the song was top-of-mind after the karaoke performance? I looked it up, and it turns out the ad has been airing since January 9. We did karaoke on February 10. I noticed the commercial for the first time on February 13. So it's the second option (something sometimes called Baader-Meinhof Phenomenon).

With respect to the ticket lottery, it's something different. People are noticing things that fit the pattern they think they see and not noticing the things that don't. It is normal for humans to do this.
    Also - people could be lying about their results.

There are huge variables at play here and it's quite interesting to see how people can think they are so sure of something when they basically know almost nothing.

Its an interesting world we live in. Why would someone lie? Is it a misunderstanding? Who knows, but its pretty rampant on social media. Its also really easy. See ticket pricing. Go to any facebook post about the tour and you are bound to find someone claiming tix cost thousands of dollars. Often times its people who take RESALE as retail pricing. Look at how many people still don't get the difference between verified fan and fanclub draw.....

Does anyone actually know the person claiming they won 9 GAs? Do they know the actual details? Receipts?

One cannot properly decipher the message forum ticket statistics without factoring in the compulsive liar stat, lol.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
    PJammin' said:
    SHZA said:

That logic seems incorrect. They were color coded and specifically labeled as p1. The distinction was p1 seated Vs p1 chance to be standing. They were giving fans the opportunity to pick a seat and rule out a chance to be standing, If anyone has the msg chart, please repost it, thanks.
  • mr bunglemr bungle Posts: 1,332
    PJammin' said:
    SHZA said:

I originally put in for GA-P1 for Seattle 1&2.  Last minute i went back in and added P1.  I ended up with P1 both nights.  I'd like to think that checking both boxes increased my odds?
  • Leezestarr313Leezestarr313 Posts: 14,352
    MD190661 said:

I don't think only checking the GA/P1 box and checking the P1 box increased chances of getting P1 tickets. It was just an option for people who knew they didn't want GA to not get GA and for PJ to sell more tickets to those who might only want GA but weren't given that option.

Also, I can totally see not wanting to pay $170 a pop to sit in the upper reaches of an arena. I love PJ, of course, but wouldn't put in for a lottery where I could have gotten upper level seats, esp at those prices. 

This!
  • smaksmak Posts: 232
    Soybeans said:
    bootleg said:
    estarr31 said:

Honestly P1 kinda sucks…
    That map is so bruta

The MSG P1 map sucks because you can't get side stage, but a good member number will put you in a low row on the floor and you don't have to fight for pit position all night.. This is section B, row 4.   
    Forever I didn't want to get those type seats, I always liked my close side seats, but a couple years ago I sat in them on my friend's 10 club #, and I really liked them.  And they weren't row 4, more like 11-12.  
  • pjl44pjl44 Posts: 9,148
    edited February 20
    We're all parsing something that isn't worded particularly well. I approached it with the sophistication of an orangutan. It said check more boxes equals better so I checked all the boxes I saw.