Official 2024 Ticket Lottery Results Thread

Comments

• BF25394BF25394 Posts: 4,335
    mpedone said:
    GA/P1 - feels like its own GA only option.  The GA pit is a different color.
    P1 is the blue
    P2 was the orange

It wasn't particularly clear but I feel like the P stands for price. Since seated/GA are the same price they get tagged with the P1

Except that the option said "GA or P1 Reserved - Standing or Seating", so it wasn't just price.
    Correct

It is possible that the Reserved P1 in option one refers to the seats on the floor, while the Reserved P1 in option two refers to the sections in the lower bowl of the arena (with Reserved P2 being the sections in the upper bowl of the arena).

I speculated earlier that there were no doubt people who did not choose all three options and that this would result in better chances of those people being shut out, and this thread is proving that assertion right. People may have had different reasons for not checking all three boxes. Some preferred getting no ticket to getting a ticket in P2. Some did not read the instructions. Some did not understand the instructions. Some did not believe the instructions. Whatever the reason, the result is that some people who would have gotten tickets if they had selected all three options ended up not getting tickets.
    I gather speed from you fucking with me.
  • on2legson2legs Standing in the Jersey rain… Posts: 14,928
    I think the purpose of the P1 only option is for people that can't or don't want to stand in GA.  The GA Pit or P1 Seating is for people that would love GA but will take P1 as a consolation prize. 
    1996: Randall's Island 2  1998: East Rutherford | MSG 1 & 2  2000: Cincinnati | Columbus | Jones Beach 1, 2, & 3 | Boston 1 | Camden 1 & 2 2003: Philadelphia | Uniondale | MSG 1 & 2 | Holmdel  2005: Atlantic City 1  2006: Camden 1 | East Rutherford 1 & 2 2008: Camden 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Newark (EV)  2009: Philadelphia 1, 2 & 4  2010: Newark | MSG 1 & 2  2011: Toronto 1  2013: Wrigley Field | Brooklyn 2 | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore  2015: Central Park  2016: Philadelphia 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Fenway Park 2 | MSG (TOTD)  2017: Brooklyn (RnR HOF)  2020: MSG | Asbury Park  2021: Asbury Park  2022: MSG | Camden | Nashville  2024: MSG 1 & 2 (#50) | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore

• BF25394 said:
    EBowie said:
    I remember when having a good 10C number actually mattered.  That was cool.  Now we live in this "everyone gets a trophy" era and my years of faithfully maintaining my membership seems to not matter.  What's the point of having membership numbers if we're all just the same ping-pong ball in a lottery machine?
    Sigh. Your seniority will give you better seats within your section if you get tickets. Seniority has never guaranteed tickets. Yes, seniority would have put you closer to the stage before the band brought back the GA section, but the GA section is not new for 2024 so that is not a change.

Pearl Jam might just believe in the radical notion that someone who wasn't born when you joined the Ten Club should also have the opportunity to watch a show from in front of the stage.
    Having a good 10c number back in the 2000's mattered for getting tix, because there weren't as many 10c members. There are more members now -- yes, some have let their numbers lapse, some never re-joined etc. - but when GA was added to US shows, many more people signed up. There was finally a way to get up closer without having a number under 100xxx.

Want guaranteed good seats with your low number - ask PJ to eliminate GA and go back to all reserved. I don't think most people want that.

2003 Spectrum, Camden 2, Holmdel 2004 Reading, PA 2005 Philly 2006 Hartford, Camden 1&2, E. Rutherford 1&2 2008 Camden 1&2, MSG 1&2  2009 Spectrum 1,2,3,4  2010 Hartford, Newark, MSG 1&2 2013 Wrigley, Pittsburgh, Brooklyn 1&2, Philly 1&2,  Baltimore 2014 Leeds, Cincinnati  2015 GCF  2016 Sunrise, Miami, Hampton, Philly 1&2, MSG 1&2, Fenway 1&2  2017 RHoF Induction 2018 Seattle 1&2 Fenway 1&2 2021 Sea Hear Now 2022 Hamilton, Toronto, MSG, Camden 2023 Indy 2024 Indy, MSG 1&2, Philly 1&2, Baltimore

bbiggs said:
    People act like this is cracking the Enigma code.  Any one of a couple very simple and reasonable fixes to the system would help improve it.  

1.  Allow show prioritization again - the easiest and least impactful to PJ's bottom line.
    2.  Allow GA only selection again - the least likely (see PJ bottom line).

For those that think this process is good, knowing that some 10C members go 10/10 and others go 0/10:

A.  They probably won a whole bunch of shows and/or GA selections.
    B.  They are blindly devoted to anything 10C or PJ.
    C.  They are lying to themselves.

Yes I know how lotteries work and yes I've successfully taken college level probability and statistics courses.  The fact is that the system is majorly flawed and can be vastly improved by one simple fix (see #1 above).
    Two people in this thread (as of page 100) have reported going 10-for-10 (and at least one of them did not put in for NY, PHI, BAL, BOS or CHI). And I don't recall anyone reporting going 0-for-10, but perhaps I missed that.
  • donravendonraven Posts: 139

Anxiously awaiting if there’s any chance that I might still get picked for Wrigley 1. This is AI’s interpretation of those of us still waiting haha  
    Boston, MA - Sept 28, 2004
    Halifax, NS - Sept 22, 2005
    Toronto, ON - August 21, 2009
    Toronto, ON - Sept 11, 2011
    Toronto, ON - Sept 12, 2011
    London, ON - July 16, 2013
    Boston, MA - Aug 7, 2016
    Kevinman said:
    bbiggs said:
    People act like this is cracking the Enigma code.  Any one of a couple very simple and reasonable fixes to the system would help improve it.  

1.  Allow show prioritization again - the easiest and least impactful to PJ's bottom line.

For those that think this process is good, knowing that some 10C members go 10/10 and others go 0/10:

Yes I know how lotteries work and yes I've successfully taken college level probability and statistics courses.  The fact is that the system is majorly flawed and can be vastly improved by one simple fix (see #1 above).
    I got what I wanted (3 for 3, no GA tho), and I can see there were issues and not just the predictable imbalances that would come with no priority. Something funky definitely happened with the 2 night stands in the US. Probably has to do with the alog's used. Unfortunately, as long as TM is allowed to run it, there will be issues. I guess with the F2F, if you're committed to going to a show, you will get in with a couple of exceptions.
    If I have to use F2F why am I keeping a membership for 25+ years?  I’m asking myself….
    Membership gives you the opportunity to get access to thousands of tickets before the general public. Maintaining a continuous membership gives you better seats within your section if you succeed in getting tickets in the lottery, which your membership does not guarantee (and has not guaranteed).
    BF25394 said:
    EBowie said:
    I remember when having a good 10C number actually mattered.  That was cool.  Now we live in this "everyone gets a trophy" era and my years of faithfully maintaining my membership seems to not matter.  What's the point of having membership numbers if we're all just the same ping-pong ball in a lottery machine?
    Sigh. Your seniority will give you better seats within your section if you get tickets. Seniority has never guaranteed tickets. Yes, seniority would have put you closer to the stage before the band brought back the GA section, but the GA section is not new for 2024 so that is not a change.

Pearl Jam might just believe in the radical notion that someone who wasn't born when you joined the Ten Club should also have the opportunity to watch a show from in front of the stage.
    Having a good 10c number back in the 2000's mattered for getting tix, because there weren't as many 10c members. There are more members now -- yes, some have let their numbers lapse, some never re-joined etc. - but when GA was added to US shows, many more people signed up. There was finally a way to get up closer without having a number under 100xxx.

Want guaranteed good seats with your low number - ask PJ to eliminate GA and go back to all reserved. I don't think most people want that.

It didn't matter for "getting" tickets. It mattered for assigning tickets once "gotten."

I will bet you dollars to donuts that there are fewer Ten Club members in 2024 than there were in the decade of the 2000s.
  • captcolacaptcola Posts: 30
    I’m not an expert on this and maybe it’s a horrible analogy, but this is the way I look it.  if I spend $2 a week for 30 years on a Powerball ticket, I don’t expect to have better odds than the person playing for the first time.   We both have a chance to win the jackpot, in this case GA or a smaller prize like P1 or P2.   In this case if you win a smaller prize, the person playing longer actually wins a bigger smaller prize which is better seats. 
  • PJammin'PJammin' Posts: 1,899
    Been reading the comments of this thread and I've come to a conclusion. And this is coming from a long time member and someone who lost out on shows in my hometown this go around. I really hope some prominent 10c organizers or even some band members read some of the comments on this thread. Not to come together and find a solution on how to impossibly make everyone happy about this ticket lottery. Nooo, but to realize they are missing the mark on a future merch idea............. you win some, you lose some people. Some of you are acting like entitled whiny little babies. Get over it already
    Well, that’s fine and dandy, but I don’t think any Ten Club member should strikeout on their own home show if they live there and are in the club. People flying in shouldn’t have preference over someone who actually lives in the city. It just seems jacked up that you can’t get a ticket in your own backyard. 🤷‍♂️ 
    I died. I died and you just stood there. I died and you watched. I died and you walked by and said no. I'm dead.
  • PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,651
    edited February 20
    know1 said:
    EBowie said:
    When was that, 25-30 years ago? It's been a lottery for a long, long time. 
    Actually, it's never.
    Seniority has never determined if you got tickets. It's always only been about seat assignment, it amazes me that there are folks (not you, others) who have been members since the 90s and think seniority was a factor in obtaining tickets.  You got your tickets at one point by mailing in index cards, then an order form, then the old F5 days, and now lottery entries.
    Do people think they opened up the mail in the 90's looked at who the index card was from and said, "too new a member, throw it in the trash"? Do they think during the F5 days that 10club magically enabled the internet connection of the folks with 5-digit numbers and blocked those with high numbers? Seniority has always only been about seat assignment. Those who think it helped them score tickets are wrong. I have a 5-digit number, I've been through every iteration of 10C presale, not once has seniority helped me or anyone obtain tix. In the old days, 10club was just able to get enough tickets to fill all the orders when membership was smaller and TM/Live Nation hadn't implemented the 10% rule for fan clubs (or PJ negotiated around it). Now the membership numbers are too high to fulfill everyone (coupled with shorter tours of course to exacerbate the situation).
    Post edited by Poncier on
    This weekend we rock Portland
  • Go BeaversGo Beavers Posts: 8,946
    captcola said:
    I’m not an expert on this and maybe it’s a horrible analogy, but this is the way I look it.  if I spend $2 a week for 30 years on a Powerball ticket, I don’t expect to have better odds than the person playing for the first time.   We both have a chance to win the jackpot, in this case GA or a smaller prize like P1 or P2.   In this case if you win a smaller prize, the person playing longer actually wins a bigger smaller prize which is better seats. 
    It’s not a bad comparison really, because there’s regular Powerball player who in their mind think they have a somewhat realistic chance of winning. Some people just don’t understand probability. 
  • washed in blackwashed in black Posts: 879
    edited February 20
    BF25394 said:
    BF25394 said:
    EBowie said:

It didn't matter for "getting" tickets. It mattered for assigning tickets once "gotten."

I will bet you dollars to donuts that there are fewer Ten Club members in 2024 than there were in the decade of the 2000s.
    ETA: I did misspeak. Lower number didn't help get tix, however, the pool was smaller.

Yes, it still helps when seats are assigned, or it's supposed to. Last year's tour was a bunch of screw ups with the re-assignments.

As for number of 10c members, I disagree. I am certain that many resellers have signed up, especially since GA became an option. I also believe that many members have multiple accounts. I know someone who has 11 unique U2 fanclub accounts. No doubt there are PJ fans who do the same. It was different when you had to pick up 10c tix with ID, that changed with mobile ticketing.

We have 2 accounts in our house, my husband's and mine. My daughter (she moved out a few years ago) has an account (I used to pay for it when she lived here) as does her bf. 
    Post edited by washed in black on
    2003 Spectrum, Camden 2, Holmdel 2004 Reading, PA 2005 Philly 2006 Hartford, Camden 1&2, E. Rutherford 1&2 2008 Camden 1&2, MSG 1&2  2009 Spectrum 1,2,3,4  2010 Hartford, Newark, MSG 1&2 2013 Wrigley, Pittsburgh, Brooklyn 1&2, Philly 1&2,  Baltimore 2014 Leeds, Cincinnati  2015 GCF  2016 Sunrise, Miami, Hampton, Philly 1&2, MSG 1&2, Fenway 1&2  2017 RHoF Induction 2018 Seattle 1&2 Fenway 1&2 2021 Sea Hear Now 2022 Hamilton, Toronto, MSG, Camden 2023 Indy 2024 Indy, MSG 1&2, Philly 1&2, Baltimore

• KevinmanKevinman Posts: 1,909
    BF25394 said:
    Kevinman said:
    bbiggs said:

I got what I wanted (3 for 3, no GA tho), and I can see there were issues and not just the predictable imbalances that would come with no priority. Something funky definitely happened with the 2 night stands in the US. Probably has to do with the alog's used. Unfortunately, as long as TM is allowed to run it, there will be issues. I guess with the F2F, if you're committed to going to a show, you will get in with a couple of exceptions.
    If I have to use F2F why am I keeping a membership for 25+ years?  I’m asking myself….
    Membership gives you the opportunity to get access to thousands of tickets before the general public. Maintaining a continuous membership gives you better seats within your section if you succeed in getting tickets in the lottery, which your membership does not guarantee (and has not guaranteed).
    Thanks Captain Obvious.  I didn’t ask what a membership gets me.
    I am lost, I'm no guide, but I'm by your side

06.27.98  Alpine Valley
    10.08.00  Alpine Valley
    09.23.02  Chicago
    06.18.03  Chicago | 06.21.03  Alpine Valley
    10.03.04  Grand Rapids
    10.05.05  Chicago
    05.16.06  Chicago | 05.17.06  Chicago | 06.29.06  Milwaukee
    08.02.07  Chicago | 08.05.07  Chicago
    08.23.09  Chicago | 08.24.09  Chicago
    05.07.10  Noblesville | 05.09.10  Cleveland
    09.03.11  Alpine Valley | 09.04.11  Alpine Valley
    07.19.13  Chicago
    10.17.14  Moline
    08.20.16  Chicago
    08.18.18  Chicago
    09.18.22  St. Louis
    09.05.23 Chicago
  • pjl44pjl44 Posts: 9,148
    Been reading the comments of this thread and I've come to a conclusion. And this is coming from a long time member and someone who lost out on shows in my hometown this go around. I really hope some prominent 10c organizers or even some band members read some of the comments on this thread. Not to come together and find a solution on how to impossibly make everyone happy about this ticket lottery. Nooo, but to realize they are missing the mark on a future merch idea............. you win some, you lose some people. Some of you are acting like entitled whiny little babies. Get over it already
    The windup is excruciating 
  • I selected every possible option for the shows and ended up with:

LV 1 GA
    LV 2 GA
    SEA 2 GA
    MSG 2 P2
    Wrigley 1 P1
    Wrigley 2 P1

Missed Philly Balt

First tour I’ve ever hit any GA although my ticket buddy has previously. Sorry for all of those who missed. Imagine the public sale will be a mess so hopefully a lot will have F2F success.

• BF25394 said:
    mpedone said:
    P1 is the blue
    P2 was the orange

It wasn't particularly clear but I feel like the P stands for price. Since seated/GA are the same price they get tagged with the P1

Except that the option said "GA or P1 Reserved - Standing or Seating", so it wasn't just price.
    Correct

It is possible that the Reserved P1 in option one refers to the seats on the floor, while the Reserved P1 in option two refers to the sections in the lower bowl of the arena (with Reserved P2 being the sections in the upper bowl of the arena).

I speculated earlier that there were no doubt people who did not choose all three options and that this would result in better chances of those people being shut out, and this thread is proving that assertion right. People may have had different reasons for not checking all three boxes. Some preferred getting no ticket to getting a ticket in P2. Some did not read the instructions. Some did not understand the instructions. Some did not believe the instructions. Whatever the reason, the result is that some people who would have gotten tickets if they had selected all three options ended up not getting tickets.
    Poor instructions are bad UX and a form of inequity.
    pjl44 said:
    The windup is excruciating 
    You can also hear the limp punchline being delivered with a phlegmy smoker's cough
    Kevinman said:
    BF25394 said:
    Kevinman said:
    bbiggs said:

Thanks Captain Obvious.  I didn’t ask what a membership gets me.

You implied via a rhetorical question that it doesn't get you anything.
    BF25394 said:
    mpedone said:
    P1 is the blue
    P2 was the orange

Correct

Poor instructions are bad UX and a form of inequity.
    Oh, boy.
  • iwasatpj20iwasatpj20 Posts: 3,410
    I feel for those who were shutout in the draw.  I recommend being patient and having good luck with the verified fan.  If verified fan doesn't work out, I was able to get a single for the second Fort Worth show last year on Ticketmaster about two months before the show as a standard ticket.

Also, there will be opportunities to get tickets on the side and behind the stage.  Don't fret and there will be F2F too.
    2000 - Chicago, IL
    2003 - Champaign, IL
    2006 - Chicago, IL 1 & 2
    2007 - Chicago, IL Lollapalooza
    2009 - Chicago, IL 1 & 2
    2010 - St. Louis, MO
    2011 - East Troy, WI 1 & 2 (PJ20 Destination Weekend)
    2012 - Atlanta, GA, Missoula, MT
    2013 - Chicago, IL (Wrigley Field), Dallas, TX, Oklahoma City, OK
    2014 - St. Louis, MO, Tulsa, OK, Moline, IL (No Code, IL), Saint Paul, MN, Milwaukee, WI (Yield, WI)
    2016 - Greenville, SC (Vs, SC), Raleigh, NC, Columbia, SC, Boston, MA (Fenway Park 1), Chicago, IL (Wrigley Field 1 & 2)
    2018 - Seattle, WA (Safeco Field 2), Chicago, IL (Wrigley Field 1 & 2), Boston, MA (Fenway Park 2)
    2020 - Nashville, TN, St. Louis, MO, Oklahoma City, OK, Phoenix, AZ, ??
    2022 - Nashville, TN, St. Louis, MO, Oklahoma City, OK, Phoenix, AZ, Las Vegas, NV
    2023 - St. Paul, MN 2, Fort Worth, TX 2, Austin, TX 1, and Austin, TX 2
    2024 - Portland, OR and Chicago, IL (Wrigley Field 1 & 2)

2012 - Temple of the Dog East Troy, WI (PJ20 Destination Weekend)
    2014 - Soundgarden Tinley Park, IL (with Nine Inch Nails)
    2014 - Alice in Chains Davenport, IA
    2016 - Chris Cornell Solo Madison, WI and Peoria, IL (official hometown show)
    2016 - Temple of the Dog San Francisco, CA (both shows)
    2017 - Soundgarden Dallas (cancelled) RIP Chris Cornell
    2018 - Smashing Pumpkins Chicago, IL (first show)
    2019 - Alice in Chains Milwaukee, WI
    2022 - Jerry Cantrell Chicago, IL
    2023 - Jerry Cantrell Milwaukee, WI

RIP Andrew Wood, Kurt Cobain, Layne Staley, and Chris Cornell

RIP Mom (may your star shine the brightest in the sky, our family loves and misses you very much, we'll meet again)

• LCLC Posts: 278
    Did anyone lose P1 for Fenway at either show?  Sure seems like plenty of tix available there....albeit 1 million miles from the stage.
    8-29-00 Mansfield, 6-29-03 Montreal, 7-2-03 Mansfield, 7-3-03 Mansfield, 7-11-03, Mansfield, 9-28-04 Boston, 9-29-04 Boston, 10-8-04 Kissimmee, 9-15-05 Montreal, 9-16-05 Ottawa, 5-12-06 Albany, 5-13-06 Hartford, 5-24-06 Boston, 5-25-06 Boston, 6-28-08, Mansfield, 6-30-08 Mansfield, 5-15-10 Hartford, 5-17-10 Boston, 7-19-13 Chicago, 10-15-13 Worcester, 5-2-16 New York City, 8-5-16 Boston, 8-7-16 Boston
    EV- 2008, 2011 Boston
  • JosephKJosephK Posts: 220
    LC said:
    Did anyone lose P1 for Fenway at either show?  Sure seems like plenty of tix available there....albeit 1 million miles from the stage.
    Yes I did not get Fenway P1 it seems. 
  • LC said:
    I didn’t get P1 for night 1. I did get P1 for night 2. 
  • njhaley1njhaley1 Posts: 604
    LC said:
    I didn’t get P1 for night 1. I did get P1 for night 2. 
    Just to point out, these reports also fall under "didn't get the same thing for both shows at the same venue" that are being overlooked. 

• YAKIMATSUYAKIMATSU Santa Fe Posts: 837
    PJammin' said:
    Well, that’s fine and dandy, but I don’t think any Ten Club member should strikeout on their own home show if they live there and are in the club. People flying in shouldn’t have preference over someone who actually lives in the city. It just seems jacked up that you can’t get a ticket in your own backyard. 🤷‍♂️ 
    So, the people that have NEVER had a home show and have to travel to every show are to be considered less than deserving of a seat.  Hmmm, yeah no.  Be happy that you COULD get a home show that's more than some of us can even hope for.
    Soldier Field 7-11-95, Alpine Valley 6-26-98, United Center 6-29-98, Riverport Amphitheater (St. Louis)7-2-98, MGM Grand Arena 10-22-00, Sprint Center (Kansas City)5-3-10, Adams Event Center (Missoula)9-30-12, Wrigley Field 7-19-13, Jobing.com Arena (Phoenix)11-19-13, Moda Center (Portland)11-29-13, Spokane Arena 11-30-13, Pepsi Center (Denver)10-22-14, Gila River Arena (Phoenix)5-9-22, Moody Center (Austin)9-18-23, Moody Center 9-19-23, Rogers Arena (Vancouver)5-4-24, Rogers Arena 5-6-24, MGM Grand 5-16-24, MGM Grand 5-18-24, Wrigley Field 8-29-24, Wrigley Field 8-31-24
  • LukinTimerLukinTimer Posts: 538

This was way, way, WAY better than the F5 days.
    And much worse than priority days run by TC
     ^^^^^^ THIS. 10c handled the draw much better. And I trust them.

And.... they know we're all nuts. 
    "Holly f**k, that was so amazing, I just forgot who I came here to see!!" - Courtesy of the guy in the U2 t-shirt standing next to me in Aloha Stadium, Post PJ
    edited February 21
    I think we need to make a distinction between "person flying in for 2 shows" vs. "person flying in for 2 shows, which are numbers 7 and 8 of their 13 show extravaganza"
  • RatherStarvedRatherStarved Posts: 4,884
    JB56195 said:
    Wife cancelled the credit card we used for requests because it had a legitimate fraud show up the morning of the lottery.  No tickets for me.  Tried contacting the 10 club. Haven't heard anything and doubt I will.  Seems like they could just notify you that you won and have a bill due.
    Ex wife? Jk jk 
    PJ: 2013: London (ON); Buffalo; 2014: Cincinnati; 2016: Sunrise, Miami, Toronto 1-2, Wrigley 2; 2018: London (UK) 1, Milan, Padova, Sea 2, Wrigley 1-2, Fenway 1-2; 2021: SHN, Ohana, Ohana Encore 1-2; 2022: LA 1-2, Phx, Oak 1-2, Fresno, Copenhagen, Hyde Park 1-2; Quebec, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto; MSG, Camden, Nashville, Louisville, St. Louis, OKC; 2023: St. Paul 1-2, Chicago 1-2; Fort Worth 2; Austin 1-2; 2024:  Vancouver 1-2, LV 1-2, LA 1-2, Napa, Barcelona 1-2

EV Solo: 2017 Louisville and Franklin, 2018 Ohana, 2019 Innings Fest, Berlin, Düsseldorf, Dublin and Ohana; 2021 Ohana Friday (from beach) and Saturday; 2022 Earthlings Newark; 2023 Innings Fest and Benoraya 1-2.

Gutted:  London 2 2018, Sacramento 2022, Noblesville 2023
  • pjl44 said:
    I think we need to make a distinction between "person flying in for 2 shows" vs. "person flying in for 2 shows, which are numbers 7 and 8 of their 13 show extravaganza"
    Yep
  • pjl44 said:
    *nods*